Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,233 Words
  • 3,069 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 2. Dracula Comes To Manhattan

I write to keep you with me, Daniel. I will always love you. I think of you always.

And just like everyone else. When Vlad and Gaius could see there was no problem. They did relax.

“I told you.” I smiled at them. “Millions of people fly.”

“People don’t die from it?” Gaius asked, still a little anxious.

“Occasionally, there can be,” I admitted reluctantly. “Accidents can happen…but they aren’t that many. Human error is mostly to blame or weather, but we have clear weather, as far as I know. Our pilots and maintenance are very good.”

“We’ll fly quite a while,” Colin said smiling. “We can eat, watch a movie, read…there are things we can do to pass the time.”

“We do this how long?” Vlad asked.

“Ten to twelve hours, depending on conditions and delays,” Colin replied.

It was a pretty long flight as we cruised through time zones. We traveled with the sun heading west. We even watched two of the Star Wars Movies! Vlad now understood about the Jedi Mind Trick seeing Obi Wan Kenobi do it. I stuck with the way George Lucas put them out. We would begin with Episode IV. We watched “A New Hope” and then “Empire Strikes Back.”

“And you were worried about me!?” Gaius balked as he was a little unnerved by the many odd creatures in these movies.

 

Still, all things come to an end and we did land at the private little airport in New York. Then we flew in two of the large helicopters to the roof of the VUN where we were greeted by George, Burke, Ruben, Congresswoman Grace Chance, Nicolae, his wife Helga, and their children, Rica, Gina and Jan.

We quickly got off the helicopter greeting…family. Helga and Nicolae were family to Gaius, Ruben and Congresswoman were relatives of Alex’s. We were all connected somehow.

George hugged Colin first and then it progressed as everyone else greeted everyone who arrived.

Ruben and Grace Chance greeted Alex and Gabriella.

As Gaius was greeting his son and his wife and his grandchildren, he looked back at Vlad and held his hand out to his future husband.

“You remember Vlad,” Gaius said and looked at Helga. “I think you met him, too. You knew him as Dragon.”

Vlad walked up to take Gaius’ hand. “I believe we’ve met.” He gave the sharp European bow and kissed her hand, but didn’t let go of Gaius’ hand, however, the two stood very close together with touching shoulders.

Nicolae’s eyes widened and Helga was surprised as well.

Gaius nodded. “Yes, to answer the question I see on your faces. Vlad and I are getting married.”

“How long has this being going on?” Nicolae asked a little heated.

Gaius looked through angry eyes. “I didn’t need to consult you. He’s my choice. You chose Helga, she was your choice, with no question to me if I thought it was a good idea or not. Only now, you’re approaching the quarter of century mark with her. Vlad and I have been together for five centuries…soon to be six. That’s way before your mother or you were even close to being born. Just accept it or let it go.” He said softly, but firmly. “We’re getting married!”

Helga, surprised, but not bothered as she smiled and shook Vlad’s hand. “It just wasn’t…considered before. We are sorry for the reactions. Welcome to the family, Vlad.”

“Understood, but I was alive to welcome your great-great-great and so on…grandparents to the world, if I knew who they were.” Gaius reminded. “Vlad and I were together then, too.”

“So, you didn’t love Mom?” Nicolae still was having difficulty.

Gaius frowned. “Things are different with us. I’m not answerable to you. I will say this: I most certainly did love your mother. You can’t ask me about that. Vlad and I had an understanding then, we’re entering another soon. I did love her, but her life was short! I knew that. She knew about me. In the forty some years of your life, son…have I changed at all physically? No. I haven’t aged a single day.” He said stressing so his son and daughter-in-law would see what was before their eyes. “That sounds good, but it’s really a kind of Hell. We didn’t know about the venom or had the notion of a serum then. I was going to make her what I am, a vampire, but she saw what it was like and said no. I knew I would lose her, but it was her choice, which I respected. I loved her enough to let her go when it was time and that was love. It broke my heart! The one person always there is Vlad. At first, we thought it was just loneliness, and it was! A couple of hundred years and I knew I loved him, not as a friend, we had that, but I was in love with him. He loved me. I don’t care what you think. I’m not asking your permission or even if you think it’s a good or bad idea. I don’t care! We’re at last getting married. Deal with it however you like. I’ll lose all of you one day. Unless I’m killed I’ll lose them and their great-grandchildren! That is my Hell.” He said and walked away with Vlad.

The first helicopter took off and the second one arrived. Greetings done again.

Vlad looked off the roof of the VUN at the lights of Manhattan. “It’s a new world for us, Gaius.”

“In many ways.” Gaius nodded he kissed Vlad now, without needing permission from anyone now and Vlad didn’t care what anyone thought. “We’ll be fine, Vlad. We’ll be here together.”

“Are you okay?” Vlad asked him.

“I’m fine. Whether Nic comes around or not, we’re getting married.” But it bothered Gaius.

 

Ruben came to Vlad and Gaius while we waited for the others to arrive. He produced a couple of cards and handed them to Vlad and Gaius. “Here are some ID cards for now. Stan sent some pictures which we put on them for verification. Dragon’s a different kind of last name.” He said smiling.

“There are others.” I defended Vlad and Gaius.

“Name one.” Ruben challenged me.

Colin grinned. “Uh, oh.” He shook his head. “You should never do that. Devon always wins.”

“That’s not true,” I said to Colin. “I know Dragon is not that usual as a name, sure, but I know one right off the bat…Daryl Dragon?” I looked as puzzled faces making me groan. “The Captain and Tennille?” I reminded them, still, they weren’t getting it. “The songwriter and musician? Muskrat Love? Love Will Keep Us Together?” Which it didn’t for Daryl Dragon with his wife. Maybe that was the problem. Having no love pulled them apart. Then I saw some nods remembering the song, but had forgotten about Daryl Dragon, if they knew to begin with. They knew the songs!

Ruben nodded remembering. “Oh, yeah. I’d forgotten them.” He chuckled. “I didn’t care for that Muskrat song, the other one was pretty good, but I remember now.” He nodded at our two new VUN members. “Are you tired?”

Vlad nodded. “Yes, but I’d like to see Repetate and Iustina. They are doing alright?”

George nodded. “They’re fine. I can even say, they are happy here.” He grinned. “We even found some new cartoons for them to watch. Since language isn’t really important, they are enjoying some others. The action is what they like. Not the conversations.” He waved to us. “They will be happy to see you.”

 

George, Burke, Gaius, Vlad, Colin and I rode down the elevator. The elevator was still something both Vlad and Gaius had to get used to.

We introduced Gaius and Vlad to the guards on the floor assigned to watch for possible problems with the Old Ones. Entering their room, the secure one? They looked up and saw Vlad and…their eyes grew, smiles were there instantly as they rushed to Vlad who held his welcoming arms out to them as they were making sounds! They were so happy to see Vlad and as they didn’t speak, the sounds were…”uuhs” and excited “aahs” repeatedly as they hugged Vlad as they do, coming up to his chest and sort of rubbed against him in happiness as Vlad stroked each bald head in affection.

I knew what they were saying in actions as they were glad to see him. “Da, da, şi eu sunt f1ericit să te văd.” Vlad chuckled. Since Gaius and Vlad spoke English, I didn’t need the translator with them, but I knew Vlad told them in Romanian, it was good to see them, too.

Then they looked and saw me and their eyes grew again and rushed to me and did the same with me.

“I told you I’d be back.” I smiled stroking their heads as they liked.

They looked over and saw Colin and smiled at him, but stayed with me.

“They have people they prefer.” Colin chuckled to Gaius. Gaius nodded smiling in agreement. We visited a while, but then I looked at Colin and knew he hadn’t eaten in more than a few hours.

“Okay,” I said holding Iustina’s face to look at me. “We need to eat. We won’t leave. We’ll be back, okay?” I swear I saw a little disappointment in his eyes. “Don’t look at me that way.” I grinned rubbing the place over his ear his liked. “I said I’d be back and I am. We’ll be here, just eating.” I leaned in and kissed his cheek. I hadn’t done it before and it never occurred to me. I knew no one could get close to giving them a kiss before. How would they react? I saw surprise now in his eyes, but he smiled more. I grinned and did the same for Repetate. “We’ll be back.”

Vlad did the same thing and said. “Ne vom întoarce.” Vlad grinned at me. “I said what you did.” He shrugged. He chuckled. “I never kissed them before, but I did miss them! Seeing you do it, it just seemed natural.”

“Sure, it does.” I nodded. “What they are is human. Different, but human.”

Colin grinned bringing me close and kissed me on the head as we left Repetate and Iustina.

George shook his head as he secured the door and walked with us down the hall. “I’m getting closer to them, but I don’t know if I would kiss them.” He smiled. “They are very cooperative here. I mean it, they are happy.”

“They are safe. They don’t have to hunt for blood and all the cartoons they can watch.” I said smiling. “They are happy.” I shrugged. “I fell in love with Gizmo and now there are these two. I love them.”

Vlad nodded. “Me, too.”

As we got on the elevator George nodded. “I might someday, but they cooperate very well. I don’t even have to tell them what to do when I need a venom sample. I present the container and they give it readily.”

 

We went to Vamps where a large table was set for everyone. We sat in the chairs saved for us.

“What’s next?” Ruben asked. “I know approximately what you’re planning to do Colin.”

Colin sighed. “Well, first we’re going to take a few weeks off.” He kissed me. “We’re having a couple of weddings coming up, which we need to plan. We’ll take Vlad and Gaius to Charleston. If they want to stay there, that’s fine. Devon and I need some alone time.”

“Which all of you should do,” I added.

“Well, I present at a conference in two months,” George said but shook his head. “If you’re going to do it, that’s when you can.”

“That may be too soon,” Colin said and then brightened. “Or…” Colin smiled leaning back a little. “You have a reputation, George.”

George’s eyebrows rose. “I suppose I do. People know my work medically and scientifically.”

“And no one suspects or questions how old you are?” Colin asked.

“Most people correspond by email, internet, phone calls…when I get them and snail mail.” George replied. “They almost never see me.”

“They would come if you invited them? It could be your conference for Holms' Laboratories and you.” Colin smiled more thinking. “You know doctors from other countries, if only by their reputation. We offer complimentary rooms and airfare. We can set the date.” Colin started nodding. “Yes, that would work.”

“But you’re showing those two upstairs and telling them you’re vampires, son,” Willie said. “Isn’t enough to show those two? Why tell them about you?”

“Evidence that there is some control of the outcome,” Colin said simply. “If they want to test Devon’s and my blood, fine. They can see Iustina and Repetate and know there are thousands of people…like Devon and me…who are vampires, but it’s not what they believe or read about or seen in movies or TV. We aren’t the things of fiction.”

“They are learned minds.” I nodded. “They can’t argue with facts.”

“We will be in full control.” Colin now nodded more certain about his plans. “Yes, that will work!” He said happily having a better plan. He took another bite of his steak and chewed grinning.

 

We had a good meal and a nice time now that some pressure was off our shoulders.

I saw Willie yawn. “Okay, it was a long trip.” I grinned pulling Colin up. “Vlad, do you want to go say good-night to Iustina and Repetate?” I looked at Vlad to see if he wanted to.

Vlad nodded. “Yes.” He grinned. “To show them we haven’t left.”

“Then we can go to your new home while here,” I said to them. “We can arrange quarters of your own later, but for now, you’ll stay with Colin and me. Is that okay?”

Gaius nodded. “Great! We’ll stay until you throw us out.”

“Then you’ll be living with us a long time,” Colin said simply with a smile.

Grace Chance looked at Vlad. “If I can ask…you are Vlad Dragon. Meaning…you are…”

Vlad nodded sadly, but now no longer denying who he had been. “I am the one they often called Vlad the Dragon. I was born in 1428.” He admitted quietly and reluctantly, not looking at her. “There were several names I went by. I am of the House of Basarab. I was Vlad Tepes. I was also…” he hesitated, “Vlad Dracul.”

I watched as her eyes grew the more he told her.

“Then you are…” she started. “Dracula?”

“No!” Colin said quickly.

“He is not who you think he might be,” I said. “Most of what is told about him is a myth…a story.” I said trying to keep my tone level. I would defend him and Gaius.

“He is not who Stoker wrote about,” Colin said. “We’ve known him for weeks now. We made him a part of the family.”

I pointed at Alex. “He’s as much a part of the family as Alex. Therefore, part of Alex’s family. I trust this man.”

Colin nodded. “So, do I. He’s a very good man.”

Alex grinned. “Me, too.” He smiled at Vlad as Vlad was now smiling at the response coming now from almost everyone at the table, his eyes coming up at everyone pleased.

“Thank you, dear friends…” Vlad said. “Thank you, my family.”

“Forgive me, but you have to admit,” Grace Chance smiled, “not many would be able to say they are related at all to this man.” She nodded. “But he has the confidence of all of you. Who am I to argue?”

 

As we were leaving the table, Nicolae stopped Gaius. “Dad,” Nicolae said softly as reached to touched his father’s shoulder. “I’m sorry about what happened on the roof. I was…I’m human. I was surprised. It is easy to forget what you are and sometimes I forget how long you’ve lived. You’re right. I don’t know what you’ve gone through. You haven’t really changed except now you can visit in the daytime.” He chuckled. “I’m glad you have someone you can count on.”

Gaius smiled. “You said it yourself. You’re human.” He hugged his son. “Now, so am I.”

“I’m just protective of people I care about,” Nicolae said smiling. “I know you’ll be happy.” He gave his father a crooked grin. “Are we invited to the wedding?”

Gaius laughed. “I don’t even know when that will be! When we do have one, I’d love for you to be there.” He looked back at Vlad. “He’s an amazing man.”

“He’d have to be,” Nicolae said confidently. “He won you over. I love you, Dad.” He hugged his father. “We’ll all be there.”

Gaius kissed his son’s cheek. “I love you, Nic. Since Vlad and Devon are going to visit Repetate and Iustina and I’m not their preferred person. Are you heading for bed soon?”

Nicolae shook his head as Helga came over to them. “We talk! I missed a lot because of what you were as I was growing up. We need to make up for lost time.” He looked at Helga. “Do you mind?”

“I think it’s great. We’ll show you where we’re staying.” Helga smiled and turned to gather her children to take them to their borrowed apartment.

 

Colin visited with George some more while Vlad and I saw the two upstairs again. We visited a couple of more hours before fatigue got the better of me.

Vlad smiled as I yawned. “We’ll be back tomorrow,” Vlad said in English to the two of them. “But we need sleep.” He grinned as they seemed was disappointed, but they did understand. Then he leaned to me. “And I don’t know where I’m going to sleep.”

Saying good-bye again, they weren’t surprised when we left with a hug, a real hug and kiss as we left.

Vlad looked up suddenly puzzled as I secured the door. “Will Gaius know where to go?”

“Nicolae knows where we live,” I said taking him to the elevator.

 

Getting to our apartment Vlad walked in and smiled. “I don’t know a thing about this world…not really, but…I can see, you two aren’t poor.”

“Vlad!” Gaius came from our balcony terrace motioning for him to come with him back out. “You should see this!” He took Vlad to the rail of the terrace and pointed at the various city and the lights that could be seen.

Colin walked up to me, put his arms around me. “Did you two have a good visit with the boys?”

“We did!” I nodded. “They may have been dangerous once, but they are delightful now.” I hurried on to say. “I’m not saying they are not very dangerous, they are…it seems that with this hunger no longer driving them, they’ve mellowed.”

“They still need blood, or they will die…won’t they?” Colin asked thinking about it. “I’ve never known a vampire to die of starvation. Blood is all they can consume.” He jutted his head to our terrace seeing Vlad and Gaius standing close on the terrace. “How’s he doing?”

“He’s doing well.” I smiled. “He just has to get used to things now. He’s smart.” I kissed Colin. “He’ll do fine.”

“I love you, Devon,” Colin said kissing me.

“I know,” I said loving his arms going around me ensuring security in me. “I love you.”

“I know.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Captain & Tennille heard the America (in their original trio iteration) version of the song originally titled Muskrat Candlelight by Willis Alan Ramsey and decided to add it to their nightclub set, later including it on an album. America retitled the song. Both America and Captain & Tennille have said that the song is very polarizing among their fans with some loving and some loathing the tune. In 1976, Captain & Tennille sang the song at a White House dinner honoring Elizabeth II of the UK. The Captain & Tennille version is often included on Worst Song lists.

  • US Billboard Hot 100 position
    • America: 67
    • Captain & Tennille: 4
  • US Billboard Hot 100 Year-end 1977
    • Captain & Tennille: 89
  • US Billboard Easy Listening
    • America: 11
  • US Billboard Adult Contemporary
    • Captain & Tennille: 1
Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You brought it up!  ;-)

It was relevant!  Nothing you say is irrelevant...no, no, no.  I brought Daryl up because of the name.  Still love me? :kiss:

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

The reunion at VUN is amazing. The meeting between the congresswoman and Vlad was rather stale. I expected a lot gasping, chest beating and fainting. It's f*****ing Dracula people LOL. The meeting between Iustina and Repetate was very touching. For me, there is a bit of hilarity to it. Imagine having kids to greet you when you come home, only these kids are butt ugly with rows of sharp fangs. How can you not love 'em? The exchange between Gaius and Nikolai is classic Eric. Chapter 2 is expectedly great. I was wondering if our author will be taking a holiday break? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, back2basics said:

 I was wondering if our author will be taking a holiday break? 

No breaks.  :pissed: I work the holiday, too and I can't stop writing!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

I have to say I'm very surprised by Nicolae and what he said to Gaius about not loving his mother because Gaius told Nicolae that he (Gaius) & Vlad were going to get married. Nicolae's wife Helga apologized for her husband's outburst saying that they're thinking along the way that they were raised believing that this kind of a relationship between two men was not permitted. Nicolae finally apologized for the comments he made on the roof of the VUN. Another great chapter, I'm going to read chapter 3 now. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Hell I'm no music man, but even I remember Captain and Tennille ... ask my man and he could tell you the year their songs were in the charts over here and if they were more popular in the US or the UK ... Some people like sport he always liked his music.

 

Loving the Old one, don't ask me to remember how to spell their names though. Can't wait for the next chapter. Oh yes I forgot, it's already waiting for me!!! :thankyou:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I hate to be just one in a crowd but this time I must. I love the old ones and their interactions with Devon and Gaius. What was done to make them the killers they are is so very sad especially since it doesn't look like they could ever be changed. Great chapter, thanks as always eric.👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/20/2017 at 7:32 AM, Wesley8890 said:

Thank god people remember the Captain and Tennille! I thought I was the only one!

This is an example of why you don’t seem like you’re in your late 20s!  ;–)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..