Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,125 Words
  • 2,380 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 24. Wedding Planning

I love you, Daniel

The other personnel at the VUN were not forgotten. There were so many other additional people in the world now that we kept in touch with...including the President of the United States. The President was informed by General Edwards who was informed by Dr. William Canaday who was not forgotten but frequently ignored by George and Kev. Not because George and Kev were rude, but because they got caught up in their thoughts and findings that they simply forgot.

Mom and Gabriella were busy! We had five months before this wedding was going to happen. The ladies talked with each couple, but really getting nothing from these...men. The men wanted to marry, yes but weren’t really concerned about...all that wedding stuff. A band was chosen, by Mom. The catering was planned by Gabriella. A person to perform the ceremony was planned for all. There were several faiths involved from Eastern Orthodox to Amasis’ pre-Christian beliefs so this was thought to be the best way. I hadn’t thought about it, but Mark was Catholic, Stan was from a non-denominational background. Wayne was Presbyterian and John had been raised in the Church of England before coming to the Colonies! Kev was also of the Church of England, while Ellis really had not been brought up going to any church. It was chaos if we brought any religion!

Colin and I had an old antebellum-Southern-themed wedding. Gabriella had a wedding where the main color was blue! That was her favorite color. I couldn’t wait to see what they came up with. What was really interesting was Colin and I was asked to be Best Men for all of them! I mean every single groom! That had never been done, that I knew of! Groomsmen were Amir and Nick for their fathers. They were the sons of two of the ten grooms, stepsons to two others. Not one single bridesmaid! Even the person performing the wedding was male. It was decided that no women would be up there. Katy is Wayne’s daughter, but Wayne said she understood, but would be there. No, this was not going to be a traditional wedding at all. Gabriella and Mom decided all the grooms were wearing white tuxedos with short coats. All of them were wearing white, even Amasis. He had been married countless times, but this was his first wedding as just a man, so white was appropriate. Colin and I were fitted and measured for the tuxedos, but as Best Men, ours had the light charcoal colored jackets, white pants and vests, and longer coats to set us apart and to distinguish us from all the men! Even Amir and Nick were to wear a darker tux but had short jackets like the grooms.

In the corridor, I saw Gabriella come out of a room where she had been talking to Vlad and Gaius. She gave a frustrated groan and said. “Men!”

I’m sure my eyebrows rose. “Is there a problem?”

Gabriella flung her hand back at the door she had come out of. “They are no help!” She said exasperatedly.

“No help? With what?” I asked.

“Everything!” Gabriella said helplessly. “Nothing about what flowers I should use, what color the cummerbunds should be! Nothing.”

I smiled at her nodding. “I understand.” I patted her hand. “Yea, but remember, they’re men.” I shrugged simply as that explained everything. “Do you see Vlad or Gaius with so much as a single rose? They won’t care about the flowers. None of them will!”

Gabriella shook her head. “Well, you and Daddy had a nice wedding.” She said in defense.

I nodded. “Which was really planned by you and Mom.” I reminded her. “Flowers are nice, but really all they might need are those little rose thingies for their lapels.”

“Boutonnieres,” Gabriella said almost absently as she thought. “Men…boys.” She and then smiled. “Blue is for boys! I’ll have them dyed like the ones for my wedding!” She pondered out loud to herself more than me. “No ribbons or things like that, but really some should go up if for no other reason than to mark the aisle.” She grunted again in frustration. “No candles during the wedding...we need a carpet runner...”

“Right…go with that.” I encouraged trying to get her thoughts to go further. I sighed and said. “Gabby,” I said using her father’s pet name for her, “all I wanted was to marry your father.” I shrugged. “I remember the wedding, but not really about what flowers or anything that was there.” I saw her look was almost hurt. “I do remember the wedding! I remember Colin! They don't really care about all that stuff. They just want to get married. They’re wearing traditional clothes. The wedding itself doesn’t have to be so…pretty.” I chuckled and pointed out. “Now, the reception!” I paused hoping she would go with it hoping she would take off again, but...

“What about it? We’re doing the food and cake.” She finally asked looking at me helpless. “Help me!” She begged.

“Amasis is from a world that is over two thousand years ago culture wise, while Stan and Mark are men of the Twenty-first Century. Maybe things at the reception could reflect the different cultures that are coming together.” I shrugged again. “Almost everybody there knows they are vampires, except for maybe Stan’s and Mark’s family, perhaps something from each of those cultures?”

“What do I do with all those different eras!?” Gabriella moaned.

“Really!?” I asked her. “You know about the internet! Do a search! Some of these men, for the most part, are warriors! Amasis was a warrior pharaoh! Vlad and Gaius were warriors…George and Kev are doctors. Most, but for Stan and Mark, are vampires. There are only two things they all have in common, they are all male and wanting to start a new life with that someone special,” and then I thought about that, “maybe you shouldn’t include that warrior part as Vlad would rather forget that part of his life, but they are Romanian! Wallachian really. Ellis and Kev are from Victorian England! Wayne is from the 1970s, but English. John was English way back before there was a United States, but there is something you can include with each.”

You almost saw the wheels turning in her head! “Yes! The reception!” She was about to leave and turned back. “Wait! Have they sent any formal invitations? Do they even have invitations? Who is coming?”

I again, looking with widened eyes. “Who do we send them to?” I waved a hand a what I thought was absurd. “Other than Mark’s or Stan’s family, who needs an invitation? If we send one to them, do we include the four other couples getting married? Nicolae and Helga know already, Amir knows already! Sean, Katy, Karen, Scott, Kelly. Stan’s and Mark’s family...we know they’re coming, no RSVP needed.” I thought. “Of course, Nicolae, Helga, and Gaius’ grandchildren...perhaps Mitch and a guest or two of his...” I chuckled, imagining one opened in the Oval Office and the scowl on that face. “Perhaps we should send invitations to the President and Vice-President to really shake them up, but if they came that would mean more security and...”

Gabriella shook her head interrupting. “An invitation is something that can be kept by them to remember their special day!”

“For each couple!?” I shook my head. “Why not something else, like a plague or something?”

Gabriella wasn’t hearing me now as her mind again worked. “I need to find your mother!” She said and quickly walked off.

I smirked. “That was so helpful, Devon! Thank you so much, Devon.” I said mockingly to myself and went to find somebody...anybody not distracted. I felt sorry for Gabriella. She was trying to make this a traditional wedding, thinking like a bride and she would, but that didn’t apply here.

My search for someone wasn’t because I had nothing to do, but Colin was busy at the moment and even though he wouldn’t mind or even think about stopping what he was doing if I needed something or even if I wanted nothing but to see him, he would stop to spend time with me. My recent exposure to Colin’s responsibilities and business...I felt it best to let him do that. Things at the VUN here basically nocturnal for us, if not twenty-four hours because of the time differences in the three major countries who were part of the VUN International. It would be sunset in a few hours in this part of the world and I would again be with Repetate, Iustina and Ralph trying to teach them more language and just generally socializing with them. They had been alive so long, I was not prepared for how much they retained and understood. However, they were THE vampires, so sunup to sunset, they were asleep. I went by the labs, where Ellis was talking with Kev before Ellis went out for his nightly patrol. The few inches difference between them they were used to as they spoke in soft voices to each other. Ellis bent in and gave Kev a kiss that was more than just a “see you later” kiss. They were a handsome couple! They were still a little wary of people around them as they did, but...really? Here!? They were surrounded by male couples, why hide what they feel? I looked at them, smiling at their new sense of freedom where it wasn’t bizarre at all. It looked very natural to me. Who objects to love!? They were both handsome men. I don’t think there was a man here that wasn’t handsome. Colin, hands down just blew my mind! But, you knew that. From the day I met him, I just knew he would be irresistible to other people. Who would say no to being close to him? I didn’t! I was relishing in the idea that Colin loved me. He sincerely said he loved me many times a day! He proved it to me all the time in how he treated me. I was the first thing on his mind when he woke up and the last thing he saw or thought of before he went to sleep. He was for me! And sometimes, not even when I went to sleep as I would often dream about him!

I continued on to where Stan usually worked on Buddy. He was getting things ready to monitor the teams that went out that night. We now had three teams doing patrols throughout the subways and tunnels below Manhattan. Stan did it very well, but I knew he paid very close attention to one particular FBI agent.

He got his coffee ready to watch the screens, but I saw him frown at something he saw...hit something on the glossy black surface and sat down to look at...whatever caught his attention closer.

“Hi, Stan.” I greeted my friend. “Is there a problem?”

Stan looked up suddenly and beamed his smile at me. “What? No.” He shook his head and then frowned again. “Buddy’s just telling me someone’s trying to sneak a peek in.” He gave a shrugging shake of his head.

“Not hack in.” I clarified.

“Nooo.” Stan shook his head at that near impossibility. “That could happen, no system is foolproof, but I have enough firewalls and protections up...not to mention my Sentry Buddies!” He waggled his eyebrows.

“Your what?” I grinned back.

“My Sentry Buddies,” Stan said back a little firmer, but happy. “Like guard dogs that bark at a potential intruder. One’s barking now. The Sentry Buddies don’t do anything except warn me if someone’s sniffing around out there.” He waved at the computer. “People try to hack in all the time, but...” he raised that finger and frowned again, shaking his head as he looked at the screen. “These...whatevers…aren’t trying to hack in but sending scouts...or spies to see what we’re doing. They’re hunting dogs if you will.”

I frowned now, too. “To see what we’re doing?”

Stan nodded. “Sure.” He shrugged. “Come on, Devon. We came out more to the world! There were some smart people invited here recently. A lot of very smart people. Who knows if they kept it quiet. And who knows who in the many governments would love to find out more about what we’re doing and were not given access but want that access us anyway.” He smiled. “I was prepared for this. That’s when I put those Sentry Buddies out there to keep this from happening. I’m not surprised.” He patted the black glass lightly. “No one will break into Buddy without a fight. The FBI, CIA, NSA, MI5 or Romanian Intelligence...no one gets in!” He chuckled. “The FBI tried, but my guard dogs bite!” He said proudly. “I sent them sort of a worm virus.” He saw my raised eyebrows and held his hands up. “Don’t worry, it was a simple thing to get rid of. That was a way for me to tell them I know what they were doing and to keep out and stay back! The worm/virus isn’t difficult to find...I made it easy to find, but like a worm, it scurries about in and worms it’s in their system never staying in one place. They can get rid of it easily, but not without shutting things down an hour or two. If they are a whole agency or individual, they will have to explain to their IT guys why they have to shut down a while. Agencies like the NSA and CIA will have a devil of a time if they have to do that. There will be questions demanded if done by just a single agent.”

I know my eyes were wide now. “Damn, Stan! I’m glad you’re on our side!” I patted his back appreciatively. “I almost feel sorry for the FBI!”

“They were trying to see what Ruben and we are doing!” Stan protested as he waved at his computer. “If they wanted information, they should go through proper channels and have clearance...or just politely ask! Don’t try to be sneaky.”

I squeezed Stan’s shoulder affectionately. “Not about what you did, Stan.” I smiled at my friend. “I am not feeling sorry because you did it. The FBI didn’t appreciate you, Stan! They had to let you go because you were marrying Mark and because it’s against their rules for married agents to work together.” I put my arms around his shoulders as he smiled. “So, we got you instead!” I hugged him where he was sitting. “You’re a genius and should ask for another raise!”

“Hey!” We heard the lighthearted objection and turned as Mark strode in ready for patrol, grinning at us. “Hugging my husband!?”

I nodded. “I did, and I’ll do it again!” I said hugging Stan again and then turned and grabbed Mark and did the same to him. “I love you guys!”

Mark chuckled as he hugged me back. “What can I say? I love the fringe benefits here. Free hugs. Who doesn’t like those?”

Stan laughed at Mark. “Technically, I’m not your husband yet, Mark.”

“Oh!” I said parting from Mark a moment. “Speaking of weddings…please, tell Mom and Gabriella a preference! I don’t care what it is. I had a conversation with Gabriella in the hall not long ago. She’s sort of freaking out planning the wedding for you.”

Mark groaned. “The wedding is months away!”

I nodded understanding. “Yes, but Mom and Gabriella are planning it and want it to be special for each of you. There is some planning to be done and you know it. Women like to do that. I remember mine, the cake, flower arrangements...”

“Flower arrang...” Mark balked and then nodded. “I’ve been measured for the suit! So, has Stan! I assume there’s a place to stand when we tell everyone we want to do this.”

I nodded. “There is, but they want it to be special for you. I do, too.” I reasoned. “Mom and Gabriella love you, this is their way of showing everyone that you mean something to us. Just go with it.” I begged lightly.

“I was tol’ to see you, Stan.” Ellis announced before entering the office. “Somethin’ about this bloody…whateva’ bugger George put in me!” He entered working his left shoulder to relieve soreness or perhaps to regain feeling he’d lost where the little tracking capsule was inserted. He instantly smiled at all of us as he saw us. “Me mates!”

Stan nodded and looked at his screen. “You’re PDT is working fine.”

Ellis looked with a blank look.

Stan chuckled and pointed to Ellis’ chest. “Your Personal Data Transfer Unit.” He pointed his own chest where his was. “PDT...it’s working.”

Ellis was working it out. “So, this little bugger will tell you where I am?”

Stan nodded. “Where you are and whether you alive or not, even measures your heart rate, body temperature...”

Ellis’ eyes grew. “Even when I’m below!?”

Stan nodded again. “Underground or from anywhere in the world! Yes.”

“When I’m on the other side of the world!?” Ellis balked again. “Right now, if I were in China, you could see that?”

Stan chuckled. “That’s right. It’s more of a security thing. Like, when Devon was kidnapped, we knew where he was and got him back.”

“Blimey.” Ellis said quietly, almost in reverence and then brightened. “I don’t understand it, but then again, I didn’t understand the wireless when it came out. I just knew it worked!” He looked at me with a frown. “You were kidnapped?”

“Twice! We didn’t have the PDTs the first time, but I did the second time. They came and got me pretty quickly.” I smiled at Ellis. “We want everyone safe.”

Ellis nodded. “Sure. I understand that.”

“Now, about your wedding.” I smiled watching Ellis’ eyes roll.

“I know, Colin’s daughter and your Mum 'ave been asking me.” He shook his head. “I don’t know what to plan! I know they want proper knees up party, but...I don’t know wha’ to plan for!” He threw his arms out in frustration. “Kev and I ‘ave been together for a long time, I never thought about marrying ‘im before! No vicar would do it! Then we get ‘ere, everyone ‘ere was getting married. Kev asked...I couldn’t say no. I love the bloke! I just don’t know wha' I want!”

I chuckled understanding. “Well, just think about it, talk to Kev and give Gabriella and Mom some ideas.”

“Yeh.” Ellis nodded a little uncertain as he rubbed his chest where the PDT was inserted. “I’ll get with Kev.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So the women aren’t being banished from the wedding they are planning!  ;–)

 

 

I remember going to a Mexican Catholic wedding of a coworker. Another coworker (a lapsed Catholic) asked me what the Bride & Groom were doing when they left the alter for a minute or two in the middle of the ceremony. I told her they were consummating the marriage and she nodded and said ‘Oh.’ Obviously, she really didn’t know what I had said. I couldn’t figure out why she thought I would know what they really were doing!  ;–)

 

A few years later, I went to a very fancy Filipino Catholic wedding. The ceremony was so long that the Bride & Groom had chairs to sit in while at the altar! There was something about coins and a cord to bind them together. At one point, I recall them pinning the veil for some reason. During the reception, the very flamboyantly Gay Filipino guy who made the wedding gown caught the bouquet – they took it away from him and tossed it again. They’d been calling for the coworker who was my plus-one to participate in the bouquet toss, but we were both hiding in the back of the reception hall. They tried to get me to go up for the garter toss too. I only went [to the wedding] because she finally got her very intelligent and sexy Marine Officer. He had no idea just how spoiled she was and still is!  ;–)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

So the women aren’t being banished from the wedding they are planning!  ;–)

I never said they weren't going to be there!  You did.  :fight:  You always read ahead and try to rewrite my story!  I said, there were no women in the wedding party.  Women weren't being shunned, just not going to be at the alter this time.  I need to get things going, because what happens...well...first, to get these guys married!  This will be a mucho macho wedding of men!  (Guys, flex again!)  Ladies will be there, just not in the wedding.  :D  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, R. Eric said:

I never said they weren't going to be there!  You did.  :fight:  You always read ahead and try to rewrite my story!  I said, there were no women in the wedding party.  Women weren't being shunned, just not going to be at the alter this time.  I need to get things going, because what happens...well...first, to get these guys married!  This will be a mucho macho wedding of men!  (Guys, flex again!)  Ladies will be there, just not in the wedding.  :D  

You said there’d be no women in the wedding. You didn’t say wedding party! You were the one who said it!  ;–)

 

 

And now you’re saying the women will be altered? Gabby & Betty are Transmen? I guess Gabby will change her name to Gabriel, but will Devon’s mom become Bertie?  ;–)

Link to comment
R. Eric

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

in the wedding

In the wedding, means in the wedding, nothing about being at the wedding.  You knew what I meant, damn it.  :pissed:

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

You’re just about as easy to tease as @Wesley8890!  ;–)

Yea?  Well I LOVE him.  I'm not feeling many positive emotions about you right now.  Stop distracting me!  I'm writing the rest of this.  :angry:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Yet again I love the chapter and story ... Ellis is my hero now, but keep the banter up as I said I almost enjoy reading it as much as the chapter itself.

As for weddings I don't think England in general makes as big a deal of them as you do over the pond. Hell a lot now just turn up at the registry office with two witnesses and that's it. Done ! ! ! Hell I even had a friend who got married like that at 10:00 then both started their NHS shifts an hour later. Mind they had been living together for twelve years. To them it was just something that needed to be done.

 

Can't wait to see how this is going to develop ... Especially with the new slant of the hacker trying to get to them ... Really loving this story, but please can I have Ellis?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Kev said:

Really loving this story, but please can I have Ellis?

You do.  I gave him to you.  Now, the next chapter you see more about Ellis.  And Kev, Kev.  I just have to finish the chapter first!  Love ya, mate!  :wub:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, R. Eric said:

Yea?  Well I LOVE him.  I'm not feeling many positive emotions about you right now.  Stop distracting me!  I'm writing the rest of this.  :angry:

Awww I love you too. It's very hard to find positive emotions about him. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Oh, this reminded me of my own wedding.  Fortunately we had friends who helped us plan things; we weren't ones for a lot of falderal.  (Look it up on dictionary dot com if necessary.)

The fussing Betty and Gabriella are doing reminds me of some of our friends....

Good going with the humor in this chapter and the previous one.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thank you Eric, I really love the story and all of your dynamic and complex characters! This story just keeps getting better with each chapter. I think there will be a riot if you ever end this family! Keep up the great work you’re doing! I’m looking forward to the next chapter! 😃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Are we ever gonna get to read about some more exciting patrols? Wonder if the president has anything to do with the FBI trying to sneak peeks into buddy.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

 like a plague or something?” -  like a plaque or something?”

More information about Page Boys: in a traditional - man\woman wedding, a number of little girls would precede the bride and her father down the aisle scattering flower petals for them to walk on, these are known as Flower Girls, and several Page Boys would be following after the bride to help her manage her train which can be very long. However, I have no idea what Page Boys would do at a gay wedding as the other thing they do is assist a knight in formal ceremonies and I have not heard of a groom carrying a sword in a wedding procession.

Link to comment

Let's see – Page boys; I love page boys, they have such cute haircuts!  They could lead the groom's horses down the aisle, or hold his helmet while one kisses the other. There will be a shield showing the 'escutcheon of  pretense' showing the sigils of the two houses combined And a sword for the officiant to touch to the shoulders of the two grooms, and somebody has to call out the name of the house after they are united. Oh, and in place of flowers the pages could toss out small coins with the portraits of the two men involved engraved on them as souvenirs of the wedding.  There are just many things that could involve pages in a wedding of two knights.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..