Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,705 Words
  • 2,418 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 5. The Secret Is Unveiled

If I reach just a few young minds to see cruising and guy after guy doesn't have to be all there is. I looked and said, "where's our fairy tale?" That was when I wrote Cinderfella. We can fall in love. We can marry! Seek love! Don't waste time. Life is short, damn it. Don't live for anyone else. You look for your Prince Charming. I did and I don't regret it. Daniel lives forever in my heart and soul.

The invitation went to many countries. The fact was, we knew some would not attend…just because of their schedules. The ones coming were prominent names in medicine. There were replies from Houston, the Texas Medical Center; Singapore, Parkway Medical Center; Bangkok, Bumrungrad Medical Center; Paris, American Hospital…in France!? (It was started by Americans, I was told): Rochester, the Mayo Clinic; London, the London Clinic; Mexico City, Centro Medico ABC; Zurich, Klinik Hirlanden; Hong Kong, Matilda Medical Centre; Sydney, Prince of Wales Hospital. But they were coming!

Standing off in another room waiting for this to start, George seemed to be fighting the venom in him…then again, he might just have stage fright. He’d presented before, but these were doctors…scientists really were top names in various things, but the most were those that dealt with diseases of the blood. They were geniuses. The ones from Sydney, Singapore, Bangkok, and Hong Kong were traveling the farthest, but they hadn’t paid for the trip, so what the hell? Why wouldn’t they come? As the day finally came, George was frantically going over what he had. He had a huge monitor…school blackboard sized set up to show his findings. We arranged one of the rooms we used to observe vampires in when they first arrived, but this room had these theatre type of seating so the guests could see what George was presenting. The reason was also…to show them Repetate and Iustina in their room with the glass we could see through, but Repetate and Iustina couldn’t.

George, is a very handsome man. The red hair wasn’t orange, remember? But red, and he had a redder complexion that was just handsome! He was dressed in a nice dark blue suit that fit well and his hair was combed and well groomed. He was going through…were those index cards!? Who used those anymore? We had those pads or tablets he could put notes on. I looked at him as John watched him pace. The blonde man was leaner but as tall. His blonde hair was thick and I would prefer it cut in a week or so more, but it wasn’t Colin’s or my head of hair. It was also well groomed. He wore a light blue suit and just as handsome. I’d had seen the two at the pool without shirts, and once more of George as he showed he was red in his pubes too, remember? The communal baths in Amasis' City? I saw it all! George was…broader and he was in good shape standing over six feet. John was…he had the musculature, it was just more toned to George’s broadness. George looked like he would be at home in the Scottish Highlands or Ireland, while John looked more…German? Who knew what their backgrounds were? I’d studied body types in school to be a medic. George was a Mesomorph, broader. John was Ectomorph, more slender with longer leaner muscles Their last names suggested that should be reversed, but what do I know? John knew George pretty well and let him fret.

“George.” I finally said as I watched him sort through his cards. “You know this stuff. Index cards?”

George looked up puzzled a moment, looked at the cards and shrugged. “In case I lose my place or train of thought.” He explained, but I saw John roll his eyes at that notion.

“Really?” I asked. “This is very important. Is that the problem?”

George waved at the list. “These people make anyone belonging the Mensa look like babbling idiots!” He said with uncertainty in his voice.

I knew about those people, Mensa members had IQs over 150 and all classified as geniuses. I had no doubt their IQs were much higher. “To which you could teach a class to any of them. You are brilliant!” I waved at his list. “And I mean teach these people. You’re the smartest man I know…or even heard of. Einstein would be a simpleton next to you.” I said proudly. “And at least you remember to comb your hair!” I added with a chuckle.

George looked surprised at me as he wasn’t processing what I said. “What? I never heard…” then he grinned as he understood, “he didn’t do that!”

I grinned. “Not from what I’ve seen in pictures,” I said. “He usually looked like he got his finger in a wall outlet or touched a live wire…and those eyebrows! Oy!!” I did my fingers at my eyebrows spread wide. His eyes widened, maybe because I kvetched. “You, on the other hand, are well adjusted and…” I nodded, “…a very good looking man! You could be a centerfold in one of those science journals…”

George seemed to be relaxing as he chuckled. “Thank you.” He nodded coming and hugging me. “I needed that.”

I smiled at him running my hand up pretending to straighten his lapel. “I wasn’t kidding. I wasn’t just trying to make you feel better, I mean it.” I said looking in his eyes. “You’ve got this,” I assured. “Don’t worry.” I started to walk out to find my husband but turned back as I kept walking out, backward, but going. “And I wasn’t kidding about the centerfold either. Naked, of course!” I shrugged. “I’d buy a copy.” I grinned at John who was laughing. “But you see all of it up close!”

John nodded and stood next to George. “Yes, I do.” He said getting close to George. “You’ll be fine. Relax.” He kissed him gently making George relax more and nod.

 

Now there were guests in Holms' Laboratories. Some of the two dozen visitors were not alone so we had a good turnout. They came with their wives or husbands…. colleagues…whatever. There were Asian people, two men were speaking French. Three men that were darker in complexion and clearly Latino and the rest were mixtures of men and women. There had been a reception area set up to greet the guests with a punch, and the punch was more than Kool-Aid, ice cream and ginger ale or something. One punch contained Champagne. But we did have some punch that wasn’t alcoholic. Just in case. There were nice little things to nibble on…including caviar, sour cream, and crackers. Some did have what I thought of as the Einstein look. Some were so caught up in their thoughts that proper grooming or even dress was not considered important. They ranged from their mid-thirties to mid-sixties. A few, I wondered about, as in they forgot to eat as Stan did sometimes, but Mark was there to remind him to do that. Most would not have attracted me at all. Not because they were what I considered geeks or what some called nerds…I’ve seen some attractive geeks and nerds. There were others that looked fine…even attractive, but no one could outshine Colin for me. Here I go again, just bear with it, but there was no human being that was more beautiful to me. I knew every inch of that man. He was just breathtaking to me. I’d seen everything on him up close and bare, but…they say clothes make the man. The black suit, white shirt, and red tie…I was having to school my thoughts. Physically he was my favorite Mesomorph and my favorite human being. I knew he also had a just as beautiful a soul. I left George for John to take care of him. Walking over to Colin he was looking at the gathering geniuses but saw me come over, smiling warmly at me.

“Are you still doing this with me?” He asked.

“Are we still one?” I asked simply.

He leaned in kissing me. “Yes, we are.”

“Then, I don’t need to answer that question,” I said shrugging.

Vlad and Gaius walked up. “There are a lot of people here for this,” Vlad said. “To listen to George?”

“He’s one of these geniuses.” I looked back as John was still talking with George who was nodding at whatever John was saying…sort of. “George is just a little nervous.”

Vlad looked at George. “Really?” He grinned taking Gaius’ hand, kissed the hand and squeezed it quickly. “Be right back.” He walked over to George, leaned in and said something to him in his ear. Slapping George lightly on the back Vlad walked back to us. I noticed George’s anxious look…vanish. He handed John the index cards and walked out to tell everyone to come to the viewing room.

“What did you do?” I whispered to Vlad.

“I just said, be confident.” Vlad shrugged taking Gaius’ hand again.

“Said? Or suggested?” I grinned.

“Is there a difference?” Vlad smiled back.

“You start teaching us how to do that Monday,” Colin said nodding seeing our friend go out and begin the announcements.

“Welcome to Holm’s Laboratories. My name is Dr. George Holm.” George said. “I sent the invitations to you to come here to see some cutting developments in dealing with disorders of the blood. I have communicated with many of you over the years by email and even by phone.”

And so it began. I wasn’t a doctor or a scientist, so things he began talking about things way out of my territory. Treatments for Sickle Cell Anemia and Thalassemia. He started talking about blood disorders and genetics…phenotypic traits, centromeres and improved treatments, which George had developed. Thalassemia, also known as Mediterranean Anemia and the need for blood transfusions…I couldn’t follow it after a few minutes, but these people seemed to be following just fine! They were even impressed with the treatments he had begun. However, I did notice the display on the giant monitor change. What was up there now, I knew.

“…I have been working to find a way to deal with this. It is the reason you were brought here. This is something…I have come across…” George said looking at the screen. “This is what’s being called by the few that know of it as V5H. Five parts V to one part hemoglobin. Thus, the name V5H.” Now there were reactions from his visitors who recognized the blood cell…sort of, but the hemoglobin was just…wrong. George told us it was, otherwise I wouldn’t know what it was. This V5H conformed in a way they had never seen. There were questions to George, each other and just looking at the blackish sludge to figure out what they were seeing. “This is a sample of blood that is V5H. What is in the blood makes the blood become the V5H.” He touched the remote in his hand and the image of that white-greenish-yellow venom was seen. I knew it was either Repetate or Iustina’s venom. “This is what makes the blood V5H.” Now George was getting questions or the origin and others, George held his hands up to stop them. “I’m going to show you all I know.” He started walking as he spoke. “I’ve known about this V5H for…” he was about to say how long, but he looked up and saw Colin shake his head. “I’ve known a while. What I learned is this is not a naturally occurring phenomenon. It is…a type of venom like that of a snake. That is the V.” Again, there were questions being asked and again George waved for them to stop again. “This is not new. It’s been around for thousands of years. This…” he pointed to the screen again and the black sludge reappeared. “Was in the system of a man I treated. The venom made him…the venom reorganizes the DNA. Making the man become the producer of his own V5H.” he looked at Colin who now nodded, “simply put, he is a vampire.” Now they were all speaking, some demanding a more plausible explanation, but a few were looking with their interests piqued. “I will show you my findings. As I said, this has been around for thousands of years.” He used the remote control again and the image changed to that of Repetate and Iustina, sitting on the floor watching cartoons.

One of the French doctors said. “Impossible. C'est du fantasme!”

A woman there told her male friend beside her. “Det är svårt att tro.” Swedish?

“Does the Delkenzie program work on languages from Asia?” I whispered to Colin.

“Did you bring a translator?” Colin asked me.

“No.”

“Then you’ll wait to find out.” He said simply.

I looked at the monitor. Repetate and Iustina were right next door. We rigged it so our guests didn’t see them at first. “We have a problem,” I said to Colin cautiously and pointed to the screen where Iustina and Repetate were no longer watching cartoons, but sniffing the air. “Those damned powerful vampire senses. There are so many here with desired blood, it’s getting through the filters.” I patted Colin’s arm. “They made need me.” I waved at Repetate and Iustina, not the guests.

“Wait,” Colin said carefully. “They are contained. They can’t get out.”

“They’re getting agitated, Colin!” I waved to the room they were in. “They can be incredibly strong, but someone needs to be in there to help stop them if necessary.”

Colin nodded. “We have the Old Ones here to make an impact. I’d say they are about to.”

Even these geniuses were having trouble accepting what was in front of their eyes…on a screen. I heard some say these were actors in makeup, another said these were altered men for some reason. One said it was just a trick!

“Why? Why would I do this just to trick you? Don’t insult my intelligence…or your own!” George loudly stated. “In every single culture, there are stories…legends and myths about some…blood sucking creatures. There are the Striges in Greece, Vetalas in India, Moroi in Romania, many in Africa to Jiang Shi in Asia!” He defended loud now. “All have one thing in common.” He waved at Repetate and Iustina on the screen. “These things suck blood!” He hit his remote again. “These are creatures with very unique physiology! Containing almost no intestines…” the image of a scan done I had never seen and there was a little bit of intestine descending from a little stomach. There were highlighted parts as George went on the talk. “They have no anus. No bowels or large intestine at all. The sexual organs are simply not there. No scrotum or testicles.” The close-up image of Repetate’s penis was shown.

“How do they reproduce?” A woman asked.

“They bite,” George explained. “They reproduce by venom. They once numbered in the hundreds…maybe a thousand or more…few thousand years ago.”

“But you have some right there!” A man said with an Australian, New Zealand or whatever accent. “They had to come from somewhere!”

George nodded. “These two were created thousands of years ago. They don’t die.”

“That is impossible!” A woman stated. “Everything dies.”

“They can be killed, yes, but they will not die of natural causes,” George explained. “We know of two in England, one was gotten from Egypt and these two were found in East Europe.” He went on to explain the “generations” of vampires, the two having bitten people, who bit people and so on. “That’s how they reproduce.” He turned as Repetate and Iustina were now hissing and showing their open mouths with the four fangs; the long ones toward the center, one on each side shorter and two below. The fangs were large and white, looking for this sensation…this smell…blood. The cartoons on the screen with them were forgotten.

“Colin!” I shook my husband quickly. “They are in trouble!”

“Those doctors are fine,” Colin said.

“Not them,” I said waving at the collection of medical minds. “Repetate and Iustina!” I looked at my husband. “These men will see we’re vampires…because those two won’t attack me.”

Vlad who was watching with us. “I should go, too.”

I shook my head. “No. If they see you with them, they’ll know you’re a vampire, too. Repetate and Iustina trust me.”

George hit another button as the lights in this room he had been showing these doctors Repetate and Iustina went dim. The large monitor screen was slid aside as the monitor had stood before, blocking a large dark glass. George went to a wall panel, touched another button and the glass became clear…from our side. Now, they could see Repetate and Iustina. There were good 3D screens, but this was showing the real Repetate and Iustina, seeking blood. Now, these brilliant minds were all physically backing away from this window with gasps.

I rushed past everyone and went in the hall where I could now hear the hissing from behind the door as two of our guards had joined the other two posted there, but looking like they weren’t sure what to do. I saw the four bags of blood one guard had. “Let me have those, please. Open the door, let me in and then shut and lock it.”

“They are like I’ve never heard them before.” One of the guards said to me.

“I know,” I said nodding. “They trust me. They wouldn’t attack me.” Then I thought, I hope. “Okay, let me in.” They quickly unlocked the door and I moved quickly in as Repetate and Iustina were ready to charge the door. I held up my hands to them. “No!” They stopped and their desire for the blood was lessened a little as their friendship with me caused them to look at me puzzled. “It’s okay,” I said smiling at them. “I have something you want.” I held the bags up.

“…they aren’t attacking him!” I now heard as someone in the room with the doctors had turned on the microphone and speakers so I could hear them.

“There’s a reason for that,” George said.

“That’s my husband, Devon Wentworth.” I heard Colin’s voice. “They won’t attack him…because he is a vampire already. Just like I am.”

“I don’t believe it.” A male voice said with a distinct Asian sound.

“What more proof do you need?” George shouted. “If I let you in there to see for yourself, they will attack you! That incident in Transylvania was part of this. There are others out there…like Colin and Devon that are being treated because they are vampires! Use your minds! Don’t fall back on old superstitions and legends. There are thousands of vampires out in the world. Victims that need help! Your help! I have a serum that treats these victims, but I can’t reach them all.”

“I refuse to be a part of this.” A man said.

“Really, Alan.” A woman said a little disgusted. “Just listen to Dr. Holms. He knows more than we do.”

“Thank you,” George said.

“Colin,” I said to the air as Repetate and Iustina got closer to me, but were calmer.

“Yes, Babe?”

“Could you take our guests…to another floor?” I asked as Repetate and Iustina did their greeting to me, rubbing against my chest and shoulder. They weren’t their usual selves in greeting me, but taking the blood I offered them. “I think we’ve made our point.”

“We’re on it,” George told me.

It didn’t take too long before Repetate and Iustina calmed down. I could no longer hear the others, so I took that to mean that the doctors were taken somewhere else. A few minutes later the door opened again and Vlad and Gaius walked in.

“Don’t worry,” Vlad said greeting Repetate and Iustina. “That magic window is off and they are downstairs now.” He smiled at me. “I think they want to see you. We’ll stay with them.”

Now Repetate and Iustina knew the kiss on the cheek and even expected it now. I looked at them and I swore again. “I’ll be back.”

 

The doctors and scientists were taken down to Vamps. The restaurant was open, but there was an area set aside for them. I noticed there was a crowd now surrounding George and Colin as they were being questioned. I smiled more as Colin looked up and saw me. The look of gratitude in his eyes and a plead that was unvoiced as he held his hand out for me. Not quite a help me supplication, but I got it.

“Excuse me,” I said to an Asian woman who turned as her eyes grew. I was a vampire…so we claimed. She let me in this circle of people as I joined Colin.

For support and because he loved me, Colin brought me in a hug, kissing me in a kiss that said more than love. I was needed. “This is my husband, Devon Wentworth.” There were no strange looks from these people when he said that we were married. Knowledge leads to understanding. They had the knowledge and were understanding.

Now there were questions to me! The questions about the science of this, George answered. Questions more personal, Colin and I answered.

Seeing us eat…or rather, seeing Colin eat made them uncertain. So, again we answered the same questions again we’d been asked dozens of times. George promised to show all of them his notes, the recorded samples of venom and blood that was V5H at various stages. George was talking to many there. However, I did notice something…odd.

George and John were not the most dynamic couple. They kissed and they hugged in front of us but weren’t as open as Colin and me about our affection. Wayne and Amasis were more open and they just got started. I chalked that up to being just George and John! What I did see, was John wasn’t really talking at all sitting next to George. In fact, he seemed…almost sad, if not…depressed. We were at opposite sides of the table, but I saw him lean over to George and say something, to which George just nodded and John got up and walked away. George didn’t even seem to notice as he continued to talk with some others at the table. That alarmed me. John loved George. I knew George loved John, but something was wrong. I almost rose to go after John but was again asked some more questions. Something was very wrong. I needed to speak to John, but I got caught in this and couldn’t leave.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 6
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's to bad that Devon couldn't get away to talk to John about what had him upset. I'm glad that Devon knew enough from being around Repetate and Iustinia that they were starting to get very agitated by smelling the doctors and those with them as someone they could feed on. I'm glad that Devon knew that he had to calm them down and did so by giving them some blood. I hope that the VUN is going to be able to get the approval and support they need to go to these various countries and help the vampires who live in those countries. I hope that Devon can get away soon to talk to John and George about what's troubling John. I'm glad that they were able to get such a great turn out for the presentation by George about V5H and it's effect on people. This was another great chapter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well now. The medical field will be buzzing with all the newly released information from George!  ;-)

 

Both Devon and Dragon can calm down Repetate & Austin, but Devon is the only one, other than George, who can find out what happened with John. Maybe one of the new Vampires has similar skills that just have come to light yet. Could it be the college student whose roommate/buddy kept denying that he was Gay?  ;-)

Link to comment
On 12/31/2017 at 1:42 AM, droughtquake said:

Well now. The medical field will be buzzing with all the newly released information from George!  ;-)

 

Both Devon and Dragon can calm down Repetate & Austin, but Devon is the only one, other than George, who can find out what happened with John. Maybe one of the new Vampires has similar skills that just have come to light yet. Could it be the college student whose roommate/buddy kept denying that he was Gay?  ;-)

I respectfully disagree.  If Betty or Colin are watching John walk away, either of them could try to assist John and George.  After all, Devon probably got some of his talent from Betty.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I love Devon.

 

I worry when I read about the presentation exactly what some of the others are feeling or where they are coming from. Surely more than Devon could see that the two Old ones were getting fractious. Is he the only one with a heart?

 

It seemed almost like George was goading the old ones like a lion tamer in the old time circuses used to. I was almost hoping that they would break through the wall partition and into the presentation. I could quite easily see me being the one to jump in to calm them down. Hell that was what I seemed to be doing all the time when I was married. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

The reason for this conference was to introduce the V5H to the doctors and scientists 🥼, so that there would be help available to the vampires 🧛‍♂️ in these other countries that want a chance for a somewhat normal life rather than the life they have now. The lifestyle of the vampire 🧛‍♂️ is the need for blood everyday, they rise at sunset 🌇 and hunt for the blood they need, then they go back to their place out of the sun ☀️ and then go to sleep as the sunrises. They have to stay out of the sun at all times otherwise they will turn to ash, even if somebody sees the vampire as the sun rises the vampire won’t be there for long and then there’s no proof that they we even there at all. One way people know that a vampire is in the area is because of the bodies that are stacking up dead from complete blood loss. This is why these people are needed, so that George has some help in creating the cure that is needed to cure vampirism completely, also if they will they can administer the serum to the vampire in their country, if necessary the VUN teams could come to their countries to help the vampire who wants to be cured. I’m so glad that Devon was able to get Iustina and Repetate to stop 🛑 trying to get out to get to the blood they smelled that was available just outside the room they were in. Luckily Devon knew that they were in distress and went to their rescue getting their needed blood before going in to the room. Devon also asked Colin if it was possible to take the group to another floor away from the old ones. R Eric is a great author and I know that he will be back to finish his story about the VUN and all of it’s people including Colin, Devon, George, Burke, William, Betty, Gabriela, Alex, Wayne and the others as well. :jerry: :2thumbs: :worship:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..