Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,607 Words
  • 2,579 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 8. I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World

I MISS YOU SO MUCH, DANIEL!!! It hurts so badly!! I LOVE YOU!!!

I had a bad day. You'll read something in this. I want my husband!

Please Listen to Ronnie Milsap's "I Wouldn't Missed If For The World" Because I wouldn't have missed Daniel either.

We met with our family here at the VUN except for George and John who was with our new guests who were being shown more about Repetate and Iustina…and about Colin and me. We couldn’t take our people to Vamps, the doctors and scientists would be there. Vamps was vampire owned and run, it had great food in the right quantities, so we ordered dinner for everyone to have in our apartment. We were a family and the only ones missing were George and John. Well, Nicolae and Helga and their children weren’t there, but Stan, Mark, Shelly, Amir, and Chuck were there.

“You know, sons.” Willie began as he served himself some beans. “We will stand with you two.”

Colin nodded with a smile as he cut into his fourth steak of the day. “I know you would. However, the Wentworths and Kalins are separate and should remain so for now.” He reached over and took Willie’s hand. “Thanks, Dad. We don’t want to put you, Mom or anybody, here in danger.”

“Are you and Devon doing alright?” Gabriella asked. “We’ve stayed away.”

Colin leaned toward me bumping his head against mine. “We’re together, Devon and I, so, we’re fine.”

“Anything to share about George and John?” Mom asked seeming to know more than she was letting on as she sat back a little too smug.

Gabriella nodded with a smile. “So, when’s the wedding?”

“Stan and Mark haven’t said, neither has Vlad and Gaius,” Colin said.

Mom chuckled. “Colin, we saw what was happening.” She stated simply with a wave of her hand. “George was being George again and…” she shrugged.

“John was tired of it and gave George the word…” Gabriella thought, “ultimatum is too harsh. John wouldn’t do that…exactly.”

Mom nodded. “No, not John Burke would never do that…exactly.” She looked at Colin’s and my expressions. “You had to have seen it! It was right in front of you. John was tired of being second to everything.” She looked at me. “I taught you not to treat Colin like that.” She shook her finger like she did when she would scold me…it had been a few years ago she’d done that, but… “To treat who you choose to be in your life as the most important thing there is, tell them and show them, you’ll work out. I’m glad you got that lesson.”

I took Colin’s hand. “I did.”

Mark said reasonably. “No writing on the wall was needed here with those two! You knew they were going to marry.”

Stan nodded chuckling. “We all did.”

I nodded. “Yeah, we did. George was just…preoccupied.”

“That’s George,” Shelly said casually. “Did they tell you?”

“They just asked last night!” Colin said. “They haven’t said when.”

“The only conflict will be if you choose the same weekend,” I said pointing at Vlad and Gaius, then Stan and Mark. “I can’t come to all of them if they are the same weekend.”

“Unless they do all at once,” Colin said.

“No.” I shook my head. “Each couple will want and should have their own wedding day.”

“Well, you and Colin will be in ours,” Stan stated firmly as Mark nodded.

Gaius shrugged. “And we want you in ours, too.”

Colin nodded. “We might be invited to be in George’s and John’s.”

“I only bet on sure things,” Alex said smiling. “You will be in theirs, too. No question in my mind.” He looked at everyone at the table. “I don’t think any one of us was married without you two in them.”

“See!?” Colin said to me. “It is you.” He grinned kissing me. “You were in everybody’s weddings!”

“So were you!” I pointed out.

Chuck cleared his throat. “Back to what’s happening with this big reveal. How is it being received?”

Colin nodded. “So, far, so good.” He shrugged. “We made their scientific minds itch. They are scratching.”

“What you expect the outcome to be?” Alex asked.

Colin sighed. “Help. Every single country these people are from has vampires. Our meager numbers can’t reach them all.”

“Red China!?” My mother asked. “Son, they are Communists! Hong Kong is in Red China!”

I nodded. “We know that.”

“You could be leading us into some potentially dangerous hot spots,” Alex said.

“That have vampires there,” Colin said quickly. We, vampires create a dangerous spot. Not us, but…” he waved at the surrounding world, “all of those people hiding in the dark, unable to deal with this hunger turning what might be otherwise some very nice people. They are dangerous, but they didn’t do it. It wasn’t a political party they joined or a religious cult, but an infection.”

“I’m not talking about the vampires, but the Chinese.” Mom said. “We don’t always get along.”

“And how much fears is brought about by propaganda?” I asked. “The Chinese are just people that have vampires there that need help.”

Stan nodded. “As hard as it is to get through…” he said. “They are getting through.” He looked at a few uncertain faces. “You know that Google had problems in China. Services to access information freely are extremely curtailed and even refused. They have so many firewalls and protections to go through just to give and receive email.”

“How many languages are there in the world?” I asked.

“Thousands,” Stan said simply. “You know…English isn’t the language spoken the most.”

“It isn’t?” Mom asked surprised.

“No, the language spoken by the most is Mandarin…Chinese.” He waggled his eyebrows. “Little more than fourteen percent of the world’s population speaks Mandarin. Only five and a half percent speak English.”

“I thought almost everybody spoke English,” Gabriella said.

“A large portion does, but there is a billion that speak Mandarin.” He chuckled. “I’ll be programming Buddy before we get over there with their alphabets and grammatical rules.”

I nodded. “We didn’t know the vampire community was as large as it is.”

Colin waved his hands for everyone to slow down and even said. “Whoa, whoa…let’s not plan our next trip yet. We’ll cross the bridge when we get to it.” He gave a sort of shrug with his hands. “It’s too late to take it back. I wouldn’t if we could. We’ll deal with each country as necessary. No, unexpected risks. That’s why only Devon and I came out as vampires.”

“Which, today…” I smiled a little nervous, “we have to prove.”

“By letting them exam you?” Amasis said cautiously. “I don’t like that.”

Wayne nodded. “We’ll be ready.”

“Ready? Ready for what?” Colin asked concerned now.

“We may need to spring you from something,” Mark said quietly as he shook his head. “Maybe I’ve picked it up, but…I’m not trusting these people…not yet. I think not trusting is not just for vampires.” He waved at my mother. “She’s right. There are government powers we need to be careful with…powers that might try to use you. You know there are!”

“What else can we do?” Colin asked.

“We all,” Willie waved at the rest of the table, “make sure you both are at all those weddings, son.”

Colin suddenly jumped, startled as I heard the buzzing. “Geez!” He yelped quickly and reached in his pocket and pulled his phone out. “It’s on vibrate.” He grinned as the others chuckled at him and Colin looked at his phone. “Edwin?” He looked at the clock on our wall at the apartment. “It’s two thirty in the morning there.”

“Being called at two thirty in the morning by a vampire…that’s the middle of the day for him normally.” I said shrugging.

“Hi, Edwin,” Colin said happily.

I didn’t need to move closer because I heard Edwin blurt.

“We got one!!” Edwin said excitedly. “We caught one of those Old Ones! I don’t know if he’s the one that bit Wayne, but he looks just like that Gizmo character and those two you have there!”

Colin was beginning to stand a little as I looked to Wayne sitting by Amasis who…being a vampire…heard what was said. Amasis knew more than we did, I was sure as Wayne would have told him. Wayne’s eyes looked…wary. His whole body froze and he began to look up…not scared, but the possibility was it could be, was written plainly. Amasis took Wayne’s hand letting Wayne know he was there with him.

Colin was looking at everyone here. “You have him…as in you have him at Thornwood.”

“Where else?” Edwin said. “He’s in a secure area. He won’t get out.” He assured Colin.

Colin covered his eyes and then ran his fingers in his hair as he thought. “We’ll send a plane. One of the containers. He needs to be here.” He frowned. “Devon and I can’t come…did you tell Mattingly with MI5?”

“And let him and Dr. Hathaway have him!?” Edwin asked astonished. “Hell, no. You’re the first I’ve told. Trust me!”

“We’ll go,” Alex said standing as did Willie. So did Gabriella and Mom.

“We’ll go, too,” Vlad said with Gaius. “You two have to be here,” Vlad said to Colin and me.

“We can go, too,” Chuck said. “We’ll take that stuff that makes us yucky to them.” He grinned.

Colin smiled as he nodded. “Okay, we’ll make arrangements. You have the website set up. Keep us updated through Buddy.”

I got up and went to Wayne who was still processing what was happening…almost absently. I pulled him up to look at me. “Are you okay, Wayne?”

He was hesitant as his eyes raised to look in mine. He sought what to say. “I…I…don’t know.”

Amasis came up closer behind Wayne, put his arms around him bringing Wayne touching him gently pulling Wayne against him as he spoke to Wayne something…I didn’t have the translator, but the language of lovers was pretty clear in whatever language he used. Wayne understood it as he nodded.

I thumbed back to Willie and the others going. “You don’t want to go with them,” I said hopefully and I hurried on. “It could be the other one you saw in the distance…or even a completely new one…”

Wayne grinned a little. “You’re making friends with him now, Devon and he hasn’t even gotten here.” He shook his head. “You do love everybody.”

I nodded and smiled. “Yes, but there are some people I love more for different reasons. You know how I feel about Colin. You also know how I feel about you, Wayne. I’m very protective of you in particular. You’re special to me.”

Wayne smiled now more. “I know.” He hugged me. “I love you, too…Dad.”

“Dad!?”

“You adopted me!! Even when I was that thing you called Jerry, you loved me! I knew it then and now!” Wayne grinned. “You and Colin, but mostly by you! I remember.”

I chuckled. “I did. I love the man in you. You’re a special human being, Wayne. I always will love you.”

Colin came up to us. “We need to tell George about this.” He said to me. “Get him to give us a bag or two of that blood he gave to Repetate and Iustina that put them to sleep to get them here.”

I nodded, turning to Wayne. “Are you good now?” I asked.

Wayne nodded. “Yes. Thank you.”

 

This conference was lasting a week. Our guests should be there when this other Old One got here. They could see what a vampire…an Old One was like wild. The next day of this conference was full of venom. He showed what he found out about the properties of the venom and how it worked changing the man or woman into a vampire. These were recorded showings as the real venom dissolved in light. Very fast in sunlight.

“So, that’s why the vampire just burns in sunlight?” A woman asked.

George nodded. “Once bitten and the venom changes…as explained…the victim becomes what makes the venom. It’s part of them. That process only takes a day depending on how early the venom was received.”

“How could someone thousands of years ago find something like this and know how to use it?” An Asian man asked in accented English. “Something that attacks retreats and leaves no evidence behind.”

“Except a corpse drained of blood.” Someone griped.

“Until one of you invents the time machine, we may never know that answer,” George said.

 

Later, as Colin and I got ready for bed I walked out into the chill of the evening on the terrace waiting for Colin. I had a robe on. Hearing the city alive below and the lights of Manhattan, I smiled when Colin came out wrapping his arms around me from behind. The warmth of his touch and the solid feel of him to me was…perfect.

“I remember the night you proposed to me,” I said. “I’ll never forget that. It was cold like this is and we had just come in from out here.”

“I am so happy you said yes,” Colin said pressing his cheek against my head. “I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.”

You know by now, my mind works…strangely. Some things just pop in my head and this song came…I couldn’t help it, I chuckled.

“What?” Colin asked. “I wouldn’t have.”

“Not that, it was just what you said…” I said turning to him. “I got this song in my head, but…it doesn’t really fit us.”

Colin looked as he thought a few seconds about what he’d said and then started to nod as a smile grew. “Well…not all of it is wrong.” He said kissing me tenderly. “If I’m thinking about the same song. I Wouldn’t Have Missed It For The World? Ronnie Milsap.”

My eyes got wider because he got it right!

“I listened to music.” Colin defended bringing me closer and he sang…softly. “I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, wouldn’t have missed loving you…” he could carry a tune! And then grinned as he spoke. “We have to change girl to boy, but there are parts I agree with. I’m glad for all the good times, and you did bring a lot of sunshine. I wouldn’t trade one memory, because you do mean so much to me.” He brought me hugging more. “You do mean so much to me.” He brought me out a little to see my eyes. “Only…you are not losing me. I’m not losing you. Not ever. No one is more important than you are. I love you.”

Things happen when something like this is said, so sincerely and…I felt this…warmth inside of me just grow! I knew what it meant when they said love spilled over because I was crying! He touched something in me so deeply…I wasn’t upset or sad. This man loved me so much…I could see it in his eyes that never blinked. Those emerald green had tears as well. “I know you do, Colin.” I kissed him gently, not the consuming kind, but slowly, taking everything I could from him he wanted me to have through this intimate touch of very sensitive parts of a person. “I love you.”

Colin nodded. “I know.”

The gift of sex is wonderful. We connected again, slowly, but intensely. It was more than a means to have offspring. It could make two separate people be together no one else could be. It could be casual or even a weapon, but not this time. Homophobic straight people are just so fucking wrong!!! Colin and I belong to together. He was mine! I was his. Case closed.

Colin chuckled again as I was humming the refrain for “I wouldn’t missed it for the world,” tune.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m so sorry you’re hurting.

 

 

So with a third Wild One, and from a different country, George should be able to deduce more about the Venom. Even if Repetate and Iustina aren’t related, they’re probably more similar genetically than the new one will be. Its arrival should be the hit of the conference!  ;-)

Link to comment

I'm sorry that you're hurting as well. 

 

I wonder if the old one that was caught by the VUN-GB is the same one that bit Wayne. I guess we won't know that until the group from VUN-US gets there and Wayne has a chance to see him face to face. I understand that Wayne is very nervous about this but he knows that it's necessary. I hope that Devon and Colin will be ready for their guests to be very invasive in their investigation into the two of them being vampires. This story is getting very interesting since all of a sudden they determine that they need help from the various countries and the best way to get it is to allow these Dr's that they are vampires. George and Colin thought it was a good idea to involve the Dr's in hopes that they can get their governments to help in the search for the vampires. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

Your hurt reached out to me and I remembered my mother's favorite song from when I was a kid. It was the tune is Londonderry Air, but the words are "Oh Danny Boy'. I just made the mistake of going on You tube and listening to it again. Now I have tears rolling down my face thinking about you, but remembering my mammy.

 

He must have been some man ... Love you mate.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTY_kYAsJYU

 

Edited by Kev
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Kev said:

He must have been some man ... Love you mate.

He was.  I love you, too...mate!  :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I kinda hope the newly caught old one is not the one who bit Wayne, I mean come on you know he will want to kill it and I have real soft spot for those poor things. I know they are killers but it's not there fault. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
R. Eric

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I think you’re taking ideas from things @Butcher56 says too, not just @Kev and me!  ;–)

Of course I am!!!  I know this was a while back, but I'm at work again!!  I take ideas from everyone!  There are some who I listen to a lot more.  You are one and well...I don't want him getting a swelled head, but...Kev has been VERY helpful with the additional characters.  I working on Chapter 29...I'm going to bring out the next book.  Blueblood: 5.1 because it's not really a new book, but that meat I spoke of...is going to be bigger...I hope...if I can get some time to myself.  Everyday I sit at work.  Oy!!  :(  

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..