Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,253 Words
  • 3,300 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 49. Chapter 49

How could I do this, but just show Yannick and Ryan? The next evening, after dinner…

“Okay.” I began. “Now for something tricky.” I said putting my napkin down.

Yannick and Ryan both looked at me surprised, but Ryan nodded. “You’re going to tell us how we’re getting King Christian’s blood.”

I nodded. “Not only that. I’m going to show you.” I looked at them seriously. “What you’ll see, if in the wrong hands could be dangerous. Use what I show you carefully, this will go well. Please, don’t tell anyone you don’t have to.”

Yannick nodded. “Certainly.”

I looked at Seth, who was more than a little concerned, but we’d talked about it and there was no other choice. I stood. “If you’ll come with me, I’ll introduce you to my brother and sister-in-law.”

I led them up to the attic and pulled the cover down that covered the mirror. I touched two of the crystals and the image reflected changed to King Christian’s and Ella’s bedroom in A’Dore. Both Yannick and Ryan were now wide eyed, staring. In the mirror was my brother, waiting as planned. I touched the other two crystals and stepped through.

I waved them toward Christian and me. “Just step through. I’ll introduce you to King Christian of A’Dore.”

Yannick was the first and was surprised, but Ryan was a little more tentative as he peered through first, then stepped carefully through, followed my Seth.

“How…” Ryan looked at the mirror on the other side and then turned to me. “We’re in A’Dore!? We traveled over a thousand miles just like that!?” He held his hands toward the mirror amazed.

Seth chuckled nodding. “You sure did.”

Again the scientist in Ryan was just dumbfounded as he looked at the mirror and crystals. “It’s true! All of it! The story about Cinderella and Prince Charming!” He looked at me. “You and Prince Phillip!!” Then he looked at Seth more carefully. “You were scarred the story said, but you’re not! I wondered how and even doubted it was true!”

Seth shook his head. “I’m not scarred anymore.”

I smiled at Ryan’s curiosity. “Gentlemen, this is my brother, King Christian of A’Dore. You know of him as Prince Charming.”

“Christian, this in Crowned Prince Yannick of Creid.”

Yannick instantly bowed. “Your Majesty. It’s a pleasure to meet you, even though the reasons are serious.”

Protocol is that no man touched a king, unless the king allows it, you just didn’t. Christian was still cautious, but extended his hand to Yannick. “I hope this will open doors for both our kingdoms.”

“Your brother was very…” Yannick smiled as he chose his words. “…convincing to us. Especially me.”

Christian smiled hearing that. “So he tells me.”

I motioned to Ryan. “And this is the man that will be very helpful. His father and grandfather started the work that is going to allow us to take those little warriors from you and give it to others. This is Ryan, also of Creid.”

“Erik told me you’ll be sticking a needle in me?” Christian asked. “And get them out that way…”

Ryan chuckled. “I’ve done it hundreds of times, even with children and babies. It just hurts a little bit, Your Majesty.”

Christian wasn’t assured yet. “Okay.” Then he turned to me. “I’m having the mirror moved to the work area with Dr. Warren.” He turned to Yannick and Ryan. “I’ll introduce you to my guards, they are loyal to me and will be sworn to secrecy and I know I can trust them. That way, you…” he pointed to Yannick. “…and you, Ryan can come and go as needed. We’ll have to tell Dr. Warren about this doorway, too.” Then he smiled. “Shall we say…ten o’clock? We’ll even feed you lunch here in A’Dore. You can meet my wife. She’s with our children now.”

Yannick bowed again. “I look forward to it.”

“As do I.” Ryan smiled. “But I’ll admit I’m more anxious to see these little warriors you have in you.”

Christian frowned, but nodded. “More blood. Great. I’ll feel like a pin cushion!”

I put my arm around Christian’s shoulder. “But a very lovable pin cushion.”

Christian growled as he bumped his head against mine. “Thanks.” Then he waved to the mirror. “Now go home.”

I gave him a sloppy salute and pushed Seth toward the doorway. “You heard him. Let’s go.”

Back in Royal Valley Ryan still was fascinated by the mirror as we stepped through. As it became a mirror again, he reached out and then stopped.

“Can I touch it?” Ryan asked.

I shrugged. “Why not? And before either of you ask, there are only two. No more. The man that gave them to us doesn’t even know how it works. So don’t ask, save your breath.”

Yannick nodded. “Those were the questions.” He chuckled and then shrugged. “But it works.”

Ryan turned to us. “I’d better get my things together. It sounds like I’ll be working mostly in A’Dore.” Then he shook his head still reeling from what he’d done. “A’Dore! I was really in A’Dore!”

I gave him a little shove. “And will be again tomorrow, so go get some rest for now.”

Seth grinned. “Yes, it’s such a long trip.”

 

The next morning was quick. We got up, ate breakfast and got things in place for us to go to A’Dore. Ryan needed his Spinner, the Puller/injectors and glass containers.

“But we’ll be back tonight, right?” Ryan asked.

I nodded. “We will.” Then I grinned suspecting why. “Why?”

For a man with red hair, his face began to pink a little. “Well, I have…a date.”

“A date?” Seth smiled. “It wouldn’t be with anyone we know, is it?” We all knew.

Ryan gave a shrugging nod. “You do. Darrin wanted to show me some of Royal Valley. He suggested we have dinner at Royal Gardens.”

I mocked shock. “Unchaperoned!?”

“They’re both adults, Erik.” Seth chuckled with me. “Now, let’s get to A’Dore.”

This time, when I hit the crystals, it wasn’t Christian’s and Ella’s bedroom, but the inside of a little room. Stepping through I opened the door to walk into the brightly lit room Seth and I had started to use when investigating Jean Claude. But things had changed in the room we’d started the work. Now there were high tables and Seers at various places. Here were other glass containers on the tables near the Seers, but the room was empty of people at the moment. Seth and Yannick brought the Spinner, while Ryan and I carried the glass containers Ryan insisted on and his supply of needles and the instruments he used to pull blood.

“Wow.” Ryan said looking at all the Seers and liquids about. He looked at me. “You know that blood keeps better in cool areas, right?”

I patted Seth’s arm. “My genius husband found that out.” I pointed to where the ice box was. “Samples are kept in there.”

The door from the corridor opened as Christian was telling Dr. Warren. “…but they know how to…” He looked up and saw us standing there. “And here they are.” He smiled to us, but he was looking mostly at Yannick and Ryan. He was still wary of them. “Dr. Warren, you know Erik and Seth.”

“How did you get here?” Dr. Warren asked having apparently not been told yet.

Christian touched Dr. Warren on the back. “We’ll tell you, but this is Prince Yannick, Crown Prince of Creid.”

Dr. Warren was alarmed now as he like everyone else who knew the Creids as barbarians. “Creid!?”

I sighed. “Yes, Doctor. Creid.” I walked toward the doctor. “But it’s just a reputation. It’s not necessarily true.” I motioned to Ryan. “And this is Ryan. He knows a lot about blood and can get those little warriors out of Christian.”

“You can?” Dr. Warren asked Ryan. “And you’re a doctor?”

Ryan smiled. “I was trained by my father, who was trained by his father. We don’t have a college in Creid I could go to, but I’m willing to learn about….everything.”

We showed Dr. Warren the doorway and explained how we got to and from so quickly. Ryan and Yannick were introduced to the guards in the palace so their presence would be expected. Then we got to work. Dr. Warren and Ryan were like little boys sharing what they knew and Ryan was as interested in what was seen in the Seer as Dr. Warren was. The fact that Yannick and Ryan were Creid barbarians was soon forgotten.

I was fascinated how the Spinner worked. Ryan got the blood from Christian, who did pretty well being stuck by the needle. There was only so much he could give at one time. First they looked at a little Christian’s blood in a Seer and saw those little warriors, they were the only things in his blood that we hadn’t seen yet. Then Ryan put the rest in a glass container and placed it in the Spinner.

“Now, we spin.” Ryan said turning the handle and the Spinner began doing its job. Ryan turned it a while, relieved by Yannick who could spin it very rapidly. It took a few minutes before Ryan stopped it. He held the glass container up. “See? The bloodliquid is here and all the solids are below.” He used another needle to take some of the bloodliquid and put it in a Seer. “You should see those warriors in this.” He looked quickly. “And there they are!”

Dr. Warren looked in the Seer. “And this bloodliquid won’t fight with the other blood kinds?”

Ryan shook his head. “The parts that will fight other blood kinds are in the solids.” Then he grinned at me. “In fact, you could be the newest source!”

Okay, this was unexpected. “Me?” I thought, why should Christian be the only source? It made sense.

Ryan nodded. “Well, you two do have the same blood kind. Essentially you have the same blood. I can put some of these warriors into you.” Then he turned to Seth. “And you have a different blood kind. I’ll test to be sure, but I could make you a new source as well. I’ll show you, King Christian’s bloodliquid will be fine in you.”

Seth looked as Christian did about being stuck with the needle and then he shrugged. “At least we won’t get sick for ten to twenty years.”

“And we’ll have more sources.” Ryan brightened. “I’ll even put them in myself and Yannick!”

Yannick was a warrior, but the idea of willingly getting stuck was not received that well. He was okay with what had to be done, but wasn’t looking forward to it. He was a warrior, but the idea of getting stuck wasn’t that well received.

“How long ago did you get these little warriors?” Ryan asked Christian.

“That was…” Christian thought. “About four months ago.”

Dr. Warren nodded. “Then we need to get started. The little warriors should have time to reproduce in each of you, making you valuable sources for more.”

Christian grinned as he sat me down. “It doesn’t hurt much.” He said mockingly.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?” I groused.

“Immensely!” Christian nodded as he laughed.

After we all had the bloodliquid inserted, including Dr. Warren who ran tests to be sure about the bloodliquid not fighting with Seth’s blood, which it didn’t. Soon it was late.

“Those warriors will begin to reproduce in each of us.” Ryan said. “Then we’ll have more bloodliquids to pull from.” He smiled at Christian. “And save you from being the only one.”

“We can even do it in Royal Valley.” I suggested to Seth. “All we need is another Spinner and some of those containers and the needles.”

Ryan nodded. “And I’ll show you how to make the needles, Spinner and how to enter them in a person.”

Yannick smiled seeing this was going to work. “But we have a plan!”

Seth frowned. “But Toby and Dennis? They’ll have to have them, too.” He looked at Christian. “And Ella, Thomas, Ada, Ana and Edward.”

“And Sam, Terry and their children.” I added.

“And the rest of humanity.” Yannick said not liking the overwhelming task.

Christian nodded. “What we’ll have to do, is teach others how to make these things, how to use them so they can teach others, but it can be done.”

“If we have time.” I said and wanted so badly to speak to Demetrius.

 

We went back to Royal Valley. We’d worked right through lunch and were hungry. Darrin showed up at the house after he’d gone to the hotel, bathed and changed.

“You were gone.” Darrin said. “No one knew where you’d gone. Is everything alright?”

Ryan smiled at Darrin. “We will be gone a lot in the day.” He said. “But I should be back in the evening. You know what we’re trying to do.”

Darrin nodded. “Prevent this new sickness.” Then he raised his hands. “I’ll not asking more questions. Are we still on for tonight?” He asked hopefully.

Ryan grinned. “I’m not letting you out of our arrangement. I’m ready.” He leaned in kissing Darrin.

I knew about Darrin, but Darrin didn’t know if all of us knew. He looked at us questioning.

I nodded. “Yes, we all know.” I waved them toward the door. “Go. And don’t be surprised, there are more couples like us here, as you’ve seen. You may not be the only ones at Royal Gardens.”

 

It was right before Seth and I were going to take our nightly bath when we heard the bell. I didn’t stop undressing.

“Demetrius is here.” Seth said quietly in a muttered whisper.

“He’s seen it all anyway.” I said looking at Seth. “He knows not to come when we’re being intimate. And how would he know that? He sees us!”

I heard Demetrius’ chuckle. “He’s right, Seth.” He shrugged. “That’s why we fail to understand modesty like you have and forget when you’re…” he waved at me. “…getting undressed, we don’t see the difference.” Then he grinned. “I’ve seen everything.” Then he shook his head. “Why modesty? Clothes were originally created to protect us from the cold or getting scrapped by thorns. But the Children of Eve decided they would tell people who they are instead or hide what they are. We’ve all got the same things!”

“He’s right.” Seth looked at Demetrius, thought a moment, shrugged and continued to undress. “Fine, but I’d prefer not knowing we have an audience when making love, okay?”

Demetrius now laughed even heartier. “Don’t worry, my boy. You do just fine with that.” Then he grinned at me. “You too, Erik.” Meaning he’d seen us.

I turned to Demetrius. “Okay. Strip.”

Demetrius was not bothered by the idea and started unbuttoning his shirt immediately.

“Erik was kidding!” Seth said a little worried.

I grinned at Seth. “Was I?” I said as Demetrius pulled his pants down and then realized he still had his shoes on. He pulled those off and stood up holding his hands out like see? He was a man. Pure and simple, but he did have a hairy chest and hair where a man had hair. He was a little heavy, but not bad. The Children of Lilith enjoyed eating as well. I shook my head. “I always suspected you were hairy.” I almost expected to see a tail or something. Nothing about him said he was different from Seth and me.

Demetrius grinned and scratched his chin. “Well, He made me hairy.” He pointed to the sky. “This doesn’t cause you to desire sex with me or anything, does it? The sons of Eve are often aroused by what they see.”

Seth chuckled. “Well, it’s nice to be on even footing.” He began to run the steaming water. “And no, I don’t want to have sex with you. Do you, Erik?”

I shook my head. “I’m fine.”

Demetrius frowned. “So, nothing?”

I chuckled. “First, you were concerned we would be aroused…”

Seth grinned. “…and now you’re offended we aren’t?”

“You can’t have it both ways.” I finished watching Demetrius shake his head.

“Okay.” Demetrius growled. “You two have been together so long, you’re thinking alike.”

Then I pointed to the tub. “Do you care to join us? There’s enough room.”

Demetrius smiled. “Can I?” He said excited. “I love a hot bath!”

Seth chuckled. “What the hell?” He shook his head. “Watch the toes, no probing any places on either of us.” He said shaking his finger at Demetrius.

“Perish the thought!” Demetrius said in mock horror.

I looked over at him. “You’re right about the Statue of David. So, the man you….loved…had what you have?” He was pretty well endowed.

Demetrius smiled remembering. “And I did love him.” Then he looked at us. “We were together twenty years, but he was a son of Eve. I lost him too soon.” Then he gave a shrug. “This was before Dara.”

I smiled hearing this.

Seth was looking at Demetrius a little shocked. “You weren’t lying about having sex with a man?”

Demetrius stood instantly. “I don’t lie.” Then he shrugged. “It’s just sex. It’s what humans do. It’s what we’re designed to do. We bind with other people and sex is how. The person we choose becomes special. At least that’s the idea. There are those that don’t care about that and anyone will do, but there is no love.”

The water was just about perfect. We slid in and lowered ourselves in the water.

Demetrius threw his head back as he let out a sigh. “There’s nothing like a good….hot….soak.”

Seth and I were sitting close smiling at Demetrius and his lack of restraint on his expressions.

“Not that it’s not good to…” I chuckled. “…see you. Was there are reason you stopped by, or was it to just say hello?”

Demetrius’ head shot up. “Right! Len Na!” He said as he remembered. “She may know.”

I felt the icy dagger in my heart. “About what we’re doing?”

Demetrius shrugged. “Or she will soon. I’ve seen what you’ve done so far. That’s definitely the right track. Dara and I are…fogging her perception.” He grinned again. “We haven’t gotten the blocking thing that Lukus had.”

“Can’t he help?” Seth asked. “He knew to block you from sensing Sam.”

“He is!” Demetrius said immediately. “But remember, he knew how to block my perceptions of Sam completely. He’s had more time using magic. Len Na has been at it much longer. The most we can do is cloud what she sees. We have a lot of us trying to prevent her from knowing.” He frowned. “But as you move forward, more people are going to know….as in Children of Eve. The more of them that know….Len Na will find out. We’ll need to be careful she doesn’t move her timetable up and strike before you’re ready.”

“Others are on our side. The Children of Lilith?” Seth asked.

Demetrius nodded. “Most don’t care one way or another, but there are many of us that do care and are blocking Len Na’s sensing. I’m concentrating on here and A’Dore. So is Dara and Lukus, but as you spread this knowledge out…she’ll know.”

I nodded. “We’ll do all we can to be ready.”

Demetrius smiled brightly. “Well! This has been relaxing and fun, but I've gotta run!” He vanished.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Eric, Seth and the others get to be incubators too! ;-)

 

And now we know that those sons of Eve who are blessed with extraordinarily prodigious ‘endowments’ did not receive their ‘gift’ by descending from the children of Lilith. At least via Demetrius in any case. ;-)

Link to comment

Who knows where men get their endowments from, some are definitely more blessed than others that's for sure. Also it doesn't matter what race the man is either because I've seen some big guys who have quite the endowment to show for themselves. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Well here goes foot into mouth again (I am developing a taste for toes -- anybody interested?): In many of the monarchies of the world the heir-apparent to the ruler is known as the 'Crown Prince' (not Crowned Prince), that is except in Britain where his title is 'Prince of Wales', and he is addressed as 'Your Highness', not 'Your Majesty'. Note, I have left out the female heir-apparent, but I know that such a person exists if she is the eldest progeny of the ruler, but she is also addressed as 'Highness' and is titled 'Crown Princess'. The exceptions to this rule are many, but I have omitted them in the interest of clarity (brevity). HOWEVER, Eric, you are the author of this story and you may call these heirs-apparent anything you wish (except 'late for lunch'.)

Oh. did Demetrius forget his clothing when he disappeared?

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..