Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,319 Words
  • 3,181 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 53. Chapter 53

After Terry’s acceptance and her seeing Demetrius, we then told their palace’s doctor who was older as was Dr. Warren in A’Dore, but age didn’t mean wisdom. He didn’t believe it.

“Then look for yourself and see it with your own eyes, damn it!!” Sam shouted pointing at the Seer.

“All I see are these things…”

“We don’t have time for this!” Sam said softly as he held his own head in his hands.

“Sam.” Seth said softly touching his brother’s shoulder.

“No!” Sam shouted again shaking his head and looking at the doctor angrily. “He still believes in that barbaric therapeutic bloodletting! It’s right there in front of you! Believe or don’t believe. Don’t believe and die, or believe, accept what we’re saying is true, help us and live, otherwise, I have no place for you here!!

The doctor looked surprised at Sam’s rage. The man looked again in the Seer and looked. He took a bit longer, looking and then looked at what he was looking at without the Seer, then again all the while pondering what it means. Then he looked at us with distrust. “This is a trick.”

“A trick? How why?” I asked. “What would we gain?”

Sam frowned having lost any patience. “Get out.” He said loudly to the doctor.

“This can’t be real!” The doctor repeated. “How can anything this small hurt anyone?”

“GET OUT!! Leave the palace, get out and don’t come back!” Sam shouted and pointed to the door. “We don’t have time for this. People are going to die!” Sam rolled up his sleeve. “I did what I had to.” He pointed to the injection site. “It’s real and I don’t need you to not believe! Get OUT!!” He pointed to the door again. Even Seth and I moved back a little. “The ignorant will die and that includes you and your family!”

The man didn’t know what to say, but when the king ordered you to leave. You leave!

I looked at Sam worried about his anger and really about how red he looked right now. “Sam.” I said quietly adding my touch to his shoulder with Seth’s touch. “It is hard to believe. He just needs more time maybe.”

Sam nodded. “Which we don’t have!”

Seth grabbed his brother and hugged the man. “I know. It’s going to be fine.”

I nodded. “Just calm yourself a little. You’ll get sick if you remain this tense.”

Yannick came over to us. “Is there someone else you trust medically here?” He chuckled. “Maybe a little more open minded and doesn’t believe in therapeutic bloodletting.” He laughed lightly and then his eyebrows waggled. “Even we savage Creids gave that up a while ago.”

I grinned at Yannick. “That’s because you guys are sensible.”

Yannick shrugged. “If it doesn’t work, fix it so it does!” He said simply.

Then Sam looked up with a smile. “Julian!”

“Julian?” Seth asked.

Sam nodded as he paced a little. “A smart man that worked with that ignorant man I just fired. Julian was quick and was always berated by that buffoon.” He went into the hall and was gone a while. When he came back he was smiling. “He’s coming, he left with the doctor. I know he will see what’s going on.”

 

It wasn’t long before a man entered where we were. Not unattractive, but he was apparently known for his intellect, not his brawn or looks. He had kind of a dirty blonde look of hair he must often forget to comb and a thin face. And skinny! He might have been in his mid-thirties, but his nose told us he’d have a hooked nose as he got older.

“You wanted me to come back, Sire?” Julian asked.

Sam grinned at the man. “I did!” He came over and brought him close to the Seer. “Could you look through this glass and tell me what you see.”

And again, he looked, raised his eyebrows and looked at what he was looking at and back again. “Wow.” Julian said in amazement. “This is blood!?”

“Yes!” Sam said happily and he asked Julian if he knew of King Christian’s aliment that he’d recovered from.

“Sure.” Julian nodded.

I changed what was under the Seer. “Now look.”

Julian looked again. “Oh, my heavens, what is THAT!?”

Seth grinned. “That is a cold.” Seth explained.

“It’s alive!” Then he looked again at the source without the Seer. “But it’s so small!” Then he did the examination of the Seer. “This is amazing!”

Sam nodded. “But you believe it?”

Julian looked at him in disbelief. “How would I not believe it? It’s right here!” Then he was shocked when Sam hugged him.

“I knew you were smart!” Sam said happily.

Then we told Julian about what was happening, or going to happen. We told him about Len Na and what we believed she was going to do and what we were doing to save as many people as possible.

“Will you help us?” I asked. “I’ve had the little warriors put in me, so has Seth, King Samuel, Queen Theresa our children. You need to know how we make more and get them in as many people as we can.”

Julian nodded. “Of course!”

Seth turned Julian to Yannick. “This is Prince Yannick of Creid.”

And of course Julian’s eyes grew. “Creid!?”

“Stop.” Sam said calmly putting a hand on Julian’s arm. “He’s a good man and it was the Creid that came up with a way to reproduce the little warriors and how to get them in people.”

Yannick approached Julian with his hand extended. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Julian.”

And there it began. We showed Julian how to get the little warriors and spin down blood to get the bloodliquid and insert them in people.

Julian then brought others he trusted and showed them what to do. The whole process took a couple of weeks and then Blethos began putting the little warriors in people, starting with staff and guards of the palace. The military needed it to ensure there would be a military.

It came time for Seth and me to return to Royal Valley and then back to A’Dore. Getting our boys together with Kitty, we headed back to Royal Valley with our guards to keep us safe.

When we were back Yannick said he needed to go back to Creid and they needed to do the same with the little warriors there.

Ryan grinned. “We’ll go back.” He said looking at Darrin. “But he wants to come with us.”

Darrin nodded. “Well, what I said was, I wanted to go back with you, but…yes, I’m going back with all of you.” He came over taking Ryan’s hand. “I’ve already told Quaid, he’s getting a replacement for me to guard you all.”

I chuckled. “Well, I guess you did find someone to spend time with after all, didn’t you, Darrin?”

Being fair skinned and blonde he turned pink pretty quickly as he nodded. “Yea, I did.” He leaned closer to me and whispered. “I love his red hair.” He looked back at Ryan and then back to me. “And he’s red all over!”

I chuckled at that.

Seth grinned. “King Mordor will be more motivated to change those laws not allowing for you guys to marry. He’d hate to lose you, Ryan.”

Ryan chuckled. “He might.” He bumped Darrin in the side of Darrin’s body. “But I think after we begin and get things going in Creid, we will return here.” He grinned at Seth and me. “I really like it here in Royal Valley. That is, if you don’t mind a Creid as a new citizen in Royal Valley.”

I hugged Ryan. “We’ll just be richer if you do that. You’ll be more than welcome.”

Yannick nodded and shrugged. “Well, it’s a fair exchange.” He grinned. “I’m thinking of taking a couple of citizens from Blethos to Creid.”

I chuckled. “I didn’t need any magic to see that coming.”

Yannick nodded. “But I’ll be back! You and Seth are my friends.” He assured. “And our countries are allies now! And I love Grace’s cooking!”

 

Then next morning, Seth and I returned to A’Dore, but when we got there, we were not prepared for what we saw. Now there were dozens of men working. The space we had put aside in the palace of A’Dore was now crowded with workers.

I walked up behind Dr. Warren who was busy looking in a Seer and writing some things down. Everyone else was too busy to notice our arrival.

“Dr. Warren?” I said making the older man jump.

“Oh! Prince Erik.” He said holding his chest to calm his heart from being startled. “I forgot about…” he pointed to the little room we’d come from. “…the way you travel.”

I smiled. “Sorry to scare you.”

“What’s going on?” Seth asked as men went around quickly on various tasks.

Dr. Warren made a weary sigh and motioned for us to follow. Taking us to a part of the palace that overlooked the courtyard he pointed. Hundreds of people were there and all too ready to get the little warriors inserted. “It’s started. There have been some deaths in the past few days and it’s beginning to panic many of the citizens of A’Dore.” He said sadly and he looked at us. “But it has started. We’re trying to make as many of the little warriors as possible and get them to the people, but we run out so quickly. My people here are working almost all day and night.”

I looked as people below were trying to get the little warriors as quickly as possible and guards were being used to keep order by stopping people from hurting people to get to the warriors. “God in heaven.” I said in prayer.

Dr. Warren nodded. “We could certainly use His help.”

“Have you seen these new little creatures? The new enemy? What are they?” I asked.

Dr. Warren shook his head throwing his hands up in frustration. “No!” He seemed to be trying to understand it as he thought. “Whatever Len Na is using leaves nothing behind! The deaths occur so quickly, we can’t get someone sick in here quickly enough to see what they’ve got. After they’re dead, there’s no trace! It’s comes quickly, kills and goes away! If the person has the little warriors, I assume they attack this new threat as soon as it attacks. But no one with the little warriors has died.”

“Thank God for that at least.” Seth said watching the crowd below.

Dr. Warren nodded. “Your brother is dealing with some governing nobles about it now.” He said to me.

        

Going to the throne room, Christian was speaking with men there. The men were mayors and governors from the various parts of A’Dore.

“….and I assure you, we will tell your doctors and anyone with knowledge of science what to do and how to get these warriors to the people.” Christian assured waving his hands for them to be patient.

“But citizens are dying here now!” A man said more than a little panic in his voice.

“And we’re getting things ready as quickly as possible.” Christian said. “There are things we can’t help. We have the means to deal with the illness, but it takes a while to make the medicine. That can’t be sped up. We’ll teach your men what and how to do it on their own. I promise you.” Christian looked up over the heads of the men and he looked tired, but so happy to see us. Relieved was more what he seemed. “Excuse me, gentlemen. I’ll be back in a moment.” He said as he came quickly over to Seth and me. He quickly hugged both Seth and me. “I’d say welcome back, but as you’ve seen, it’s pretty intense now in A’Dore.”

I nodded putting my arm around his shoulder. “We saw.” We walked to a more quiet room. “How many deaths have there been?”

“Thirty-two, so far.” Christian sighed rubbing his hands across his tired face. “There probably is more happening right now!” He said helplessly.

“From what Dr. Warren told us, this new threat is fast and leaves nothing to see behind.” Seth said.

Christian nodded. “And that is another problem. We can’t see them, but they are attacking! And there will be a lot more panic.”

“If the people aren’t sick now, they don’t have this new enemy yet.” I said logically.

“But no one wants to get this enemy either.” Christian nodded. “We’ll have people peddling cures that aren’t real cures, but people will buy what they are selling thinking that’s the cure and who will prosecute the ones that do it? The person who gets sick after buying the fake cure is dead!”

I pulled Christian to a chair. “Okay, big brother. Sit here a while and we’ll deal with this.” I said rubbing the back of his neck. “Easy. You’ll do no one favors if you overtax yourself.” I smiled. “I don’t think these little warriors will protect you if you kill yourself from exhaustion. You’re doing all you can.”

Christian nodded and said mournfully. “But it’s not enough!” Christian was about to rise from the chair.

Seth held Christian down. “Everything humanly possible is being done as fast as possible. You’re getting word out about what we’re against and how to deal with it. You can’t help that it takes time.”

“Innocent people are dying, Seth!” Christian moaned.

Seth nodded. “Not to be callous, but that happens all the time! All that can be done is being done.”

“This has to be the worst crisis A’Dore has ever faced.” Christian said sadly.

I nodded. “And if we don’t get this done, it will be for the entire world.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 3
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It’s comes quick, kills and goes away! It comes…

 

“Your brother is dealing with some governing nobles now about it now.” Redundant ‘now.’

 

If nothing else, they are getting prepared for future attacks by Len Na. How will they defeat her if she’s so persistent? And what will she come up with if she decides this attack wasn’t successful enough?

Link to comment

Yes.  What about the fact it isn't quick enough?  What will she do then?  I almost forgot, she isn't God, so she knew something was up, but when she realizes everyone isn't dying, can you imagine her reaction?

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I believe that LenNa is going to continue to be a problem until someone who is like her is able to take her down and make sure she doesn't get up again. I feel for Christian as he knows that everything that can be done is being done, it's just not fast enough to get ahead of the killer germs. If they can't get enough of the little warriors made soon they may not be able to take LenNa down for good without the loss of a lot of people. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 8/12/2017 at 5:52 AM, Butcher56 said:

I believe that LenNa is going to continue to be a problem until someone who is like her is able to take her down and make sure she doesn't get up again. I feel for Christian as he knows that everything that can be done is being done, it's just not fast enough to get ahead of the killer germs. If they can't get enough of the little warriors made soon they may not be able to take LenNa down for good without the loss of a lot of people. 

They are creating new hosts for the Little Warriors™ at a semi-exponential rate. The problems is that they are starting with a very small number of donors compared with the population of A’Dore. Plus they aren’t using all of the recently inoculated as hosts (eg children).

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..