Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 462 Words
  • 3,167 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 54. My Daniel

 

I’m writing this and I know it’s not a story, but putting in the story because he is all the stories. Daniel Anthony Vacca and I stood before each other and vowed to God and swore to Him, family and friends that we were joining not just until “death do us part,” but we vowed to be together until time itself runs out. He and I joined our lives and became one. Daniel Anthony Vacca and I, Richard Eric McQueen merged and he was not only my boyfriend, he is my best friend, constant companion, my husband and we gave our hearts and souls to each other. He is not a part of my soul, he is my soul. His body stopped after two years battling cancer. For me there is and will never be a more cherished soul. Ever!

Daniel, I love you eternally. You gave me a life I never imagined was even possible. You showed me places in this world that was nothing short of incredible. What I wrote of a rose once a week in North Meets South, the week before you took this journey, you sent me one last rose. It’s white this time. You knew what was going to happen. So did I. I’m having the last rose preserved to last forever. I will never forget you. We are one. I miss you now so much, but I know you’re still here. I can still hear your voice as you remind me to sweep the floor, telling me I need a haircut and I can see you frowning at what I choose to wear, but you always kept your mouth shut about it! But after all these years together, we don’t need words to understand each other. I know you so well, I practically read your mind. The badge I gave you as “Fashion Police” is still valid and I will enforce your rules. I still have the ticket book and I’ll be your deputy. I’ll give a ticket for fashion violations.

I’ll see you later, Daniel. Just wait until I get where you are before you have too good a time. My best friend and love of my life. You’re it for me. There is and will be no one else. You were Seth, Colin, Tony, Matt, Mike, Ben, Brad, Vincent…it was always you. Now the pain is gone and you’re free. I’m going to continue writing about you. Because as I do that, you’ll always be alive and others will get to know and remember you. You’re somewhat famous now! Enjoy it!

I love you and we’ll be together again soon. So, until then…be good!

 

Daniel Anthony Vacca

Born November 7, 1955

Died April 1, 2017

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 4
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no words which can be enough in the face of such deeply felt love and loss. My thoughts are with you, my friend. :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" Lao Tzu.  May you feel all the love and comfort being sent to you by us all!. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I know I should be comforting you with words of condolences and such, but I'm crying my eyes out ...  

:hug:

Thank you for sharing a little bit of him with us ...

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am soo very sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. May the love you both shared give you strength to keep going. ?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Stay strong.  Your Daniel is still with you, in your heart and mind and stories.  He always will be.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

My condolences for you. Thank you for sharing Daniel with us, your readers. May he enjoy the next phase of his journey. And may you know peace and joy in the midst of your sorrow. I am praying for you!

Edited by bramonj
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Into each life comes sunshine and eternal love, eventually there comes sorrow and loss. Experiencing the first gives you the strength and courage to face the second through remembrance of that all encompassing love you shared. Have faith that you will be reunited in the next plane. Know also, that we your loyal readers support and love you both through the stories you have shared and will continue to share of that incredibly special person named Daniel. My deepest and most profound sympathies for your loss. Faith is the only key to the next life, you received that key from Daniel in that pure Love that you both shared. Find joy in continuing to share these special stories of your life and love together.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I know what you are going through.  My other half died several years ago and I still cry when someone tells of their loss.  My thoughts and prayers for you and your family are with you.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Thank you for sharing this delightful, loving person with us. Telling the world from the mountaintops  of our joy at finding the mate to our souls is something that many have done and will continue to do. That is good and right.

 

But you take this an extraordinary step further, by using your work and this entry to remind us that though our lives may be fleeting, and our anguish and our griefs may be deep, only love is truly eternal and everlasting.  

 

Daniel and your love for each other is eternally beautiful, tangible and deeply real to me--and I have never met either of you. 

 

That is a great service i feel you have done and continue to do.  Many of us need this type of encouragement... 

 

To quote the score of Once, on This Island in its finale..."Why We Tell the Story"

"So I hope that you will tell this tale tomorrow, it will help your heart remember and believe; it will help you feel the anger and the sorrow, and forgive... our lives become the stories that we weave...."

 

Much continued joy to you in the hard earned knowledge that true love can cross the earth, withstand the storm and survive, even death.  

 

Thank you for encouraging me.  I hope I have encouraged you even slightly... 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/23/2018 at 8:01 AM, daveymars said:

Thank you for encouraging me.  I hope I have encouraged you even slightly...

As you read more, you will see some...craziness.  I created a book series to keep Daniel here.  I was heading for breakdown.  I'm fine now, but want our people...humans for value love.  Not sex.  It did.  It paid off.  :glomp:

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. Daniel must be reading over your shoulder. Be strong and know that you will see him again someday, and that he will love you just as much as you loved him.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Will Hawkins said:

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. Daniel must be reading over your shoulder. Be strong and know that you will see him again someday, and that he will love you just as much as you loved him.

I wrote manically after Daniel died.  I was keeping him alive this way.  Punctuation, spelling and grammar, I didn't take the time.  At that time getting the story down was more important,  I posted a chapter a day.  I didn't have "release" if I didn't?  Droughtquake and Kev became very important to me.  There are many private messaged between us.  It helped.  If I wasn't on the computer at work, I was at home.   My waking hours were writing.  If not, I was drinking.  Sometimes I do did both.  It was six or more months before I quit drinking.  I began losing a lot of my sight.   I'm taking medication to prevent further loss.  I now have a moped to get around now.  Believe it or not, I'm doing well!  I've come to a comfortable place about Daniel's death.  I continue to keep him alive in my writing.  I even joined a group for finding friendship.  I will never have what Daniel and I had, but...  We'll see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..