Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 1,665 Words
  • 3,918 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 10. Chapter 10

Things with Seth and I did return to normal. As in our relationship together. Our problem was me. I didn’t want to hurt him. His fingers were still healing and he was hurt pretty badly in the area needed for intimacy. Tender. But it was only a few days afterward that he proved himself ready and willing to return to our…favorite activity. Of course the execution and funeral sort of put dampers on the desire to do so. It was nothing about our desire for each other, we had that! There was no term of grief written we had to abide by, length of time to wait or some nonsense, but…it just never occurred to either of us. Until the night of the dinner with Ezekiel and Gabriel’s parents. We were getting ready for bed when Seth looked at me with that look.

I chuckled when I saw it. “I know the look.” I grinned as I walked toward him. “You think we can get it back?”

Seth looked surprised. “Back!? It never left! We were just…too busy.”

“Being injured and then losing our father…” I grinned. “So, we’re not too busy anymore?” I asked as his arms went around me. I loved being close to this man!

He shook his head. “Not too busy at all.” His lips engulfed mine. We’d kissed during the time of the funeral and all, but now the desire for each other was being expressed and was missed by both of us. Hands moved in directions we both knew and loved. Touching as we each loved being touched. Our desires manifested itself in our bodies as our reactions were well known by us both. Lovemaking had never been a chore and we actively and energetically loved well into the night, leaving both of us breathless and deliciously tired. Seth grinned at me as he looked down at me.

“Not bad for an old married couple.” He smiled.

I grunted at that. “Speak for yourself. I’m still a teenager for a few more months.” I pulled him down kissing him, which he returned willingly.

He sat up quickly. “What? Are you saying I married a child!?”

I shrugged. “Do I act like a child?”

His eyes squinted. “If I say yes, how will you react?”

“By cutting you off until I turn twenty,” I growled.

“Then no.” Seth chuckled. “Of course not.”

I nodded. “I don’t believe you.” Then I grinned. “Gabriel and Ezekiel deserve a wedding present.”

The change of subject confused him a moment. “There will be no wedding.” Seth pointed out.

“Semantics.” I waved the comment off. “We both know they’re married.” I grinned. “What say we give them a tub and hot water heater?”

“Don’t they need a house first?” Seth asked. “We can’t get that for them.”

“If they build one, we give them one. If they buy one, we give them one. Either way, we give them one.”

“We didn’t put this one in!” Seth objected. “Those three…whatevers…did that! We don’t know how!”

“But your brother did.” I pointed out. “I can’t ask Demetrius, Dara or Lukus to do it again. How hard can it be really?”

“That’s my whole question!” Seth said. “How hard can it be? We don’t know!”

I shrugged. “I guess we’ll find out.” And we loved again.

 

There were reactions from others in town when Ezekiel and Gabriel moved in together. A man doesn’t just move into a new home here unless he’s getting married or leave for a new town to start a new life. No one announced that they were getting married and couldn’t, just the fact they were moving in together told everyone what they were doing. Not that it was anyone’s business! And I hate to say it, but when Seth and I showed up at their new house, or should I say, new for them, I was not unprepared that it was…well…quant is a nice word. Basically two rooms. A kitchen and a bedroom. The kitchen was large enough to eat in. Not everyone expected to live in a manor. Exactly.

“It’s a hovel!” Seth said to me quietly.

I nodded. “A hovel which is theirs!” I corrected with my teeth gritted so no one would know what we were saying. “They’re just starting out! They have two fathers, one very strapping that can help them out if they need to expand.” Then I chuckled. “But why? It’s not like their having children.” Then I swatted Seth on the arm lightly. “And when are you such a snob? It doesn’t leak…” but I looked at the roof which needed repair. “…well, maybe it does, but they can fix it!”

“Hitting a member of the royal family is a crime that is punishable by death, you know?” Seth teased with a chuckle.

“Is it?” I feigned surprise. Then narrowed an eye at him. “I never saw in the laws, which I read thoroughly to marry you, was any mention what would happen if a member of the same royal family hits another where there will be charges. In fact,” I pointed to him. “If charges were brought against me, all I have to tell them is what you just said and no judge in either of the two kingdoms would convict me.” Then we saw Ezekiel and Gabriel. “Now…” I jabbed Seth in the ribs. “Smile.”

“What do you think?” Ezekiel asked waving at the house. “I know it doesn’t look like much…”

“Are you kidding!?” I waved at the house. “It’s great!” Then I looked at them closer and their proud smiles. “It’s yours.”

Ezekiel grinned as Gabriel nodded. “And never would have happened without your help,” Gabriel said. “Thanks!”

Seth shook his head. “Well…of course you’ll have to build another room.” He said with an air of disapproval.

Ezekiel and Gabriel looked at the house, then back to us. “Add a room?” Ezekiel asked.

“Why?” Gabriel asked. “For guests? Everyone we know lives here!”

“For the bathroom!” I smiled. “Our present to you two. Hot water tank, tub and toilet.”

The two’s eyes grew. “Really?” Gabriel asked excitedly.

“Really.” Seth nodded. Then Seth thumbed to me. “His idea, but I agreed.”

“Thanks!” Ezekiel nodded reaching carefully to shake Seth’s hand without the broken fingers. “We’ll be the first house, not the manor to have it!”

Seth looked at the kitchen, which was nothing more than a stove for heating the house and a table. “What do you have to cook on?”

“Or with?” I noticed the lack of pots or pans.

Gabriel smiled. “Our moms are helping with that part. The cooking stove comes today.”

“So who cooks?” Seth asked. “I can’t cook at all.”

The two grinned at each other. Gabriel scratched his ear humbly. “We both try.”

“But what either of us tries, it’s barely edible.” Ezekiel continued. “But at least we’ll have a bathroom. I guess we need to ask for some help building it.” He said to Gabriel.

“But who?” Gabriel asked. “Our fathers are at work most of the day.”

“What about some of the ladies?” I asked. “Or even your moms?”

“Ladies!?” Ezekiel asked in disbelief. “Working construction? Mom!?”

My eyes narrowed. “And what’s wrong with that? There are some women here who work well with tools.”

Gabriel shrugged. “I guess that’s true.”

Ezekiel looked a little hesitant. “I know there are…but have you ever met a woman…” he pointed at himself and Gabriel. “…like us? Together as a couple?”

I shrugged. “I bet I have, I just didn’t know it.”

Gabriel nodded. “Have you wondered what…” he couldn’t finish the question.

Ezekiel waited then continued. “…you know. When they do it.” He pushed a finger into his other fist indicating penetration. “I mean, what do they do it with?”

Seth and I both laughed. Seth shook his head. “I never thought to ask. Then again, I never knew who to ask.”

I nodded. “I’m sure it’s a well-guarded secret. And if you did know who to ask, if they told you, you’d probably have to die so they’re sure the secret would be kept.”

Ezekiel nodded solemnly. “Most likely.”

Gabriel took a breath. “Are we friends yet?”

I was surprised at the sudden change of subject and the question. “What do you mean?”

“I mean…” Gabriel continued. “We’re friendly, but are we friends? People you want to be with occasionally.” He pointed at Ezekiel. “We both really like you two and…well we are sort of the odd ones in Royal Valley.”

Ezekiel nodded. “Yes, it’d be nice if we were actually friends. Not just friendly. With some others like us, that we like!”

Seth smiled and brought Ezekiel in for a hug. “Of course we are.”

I laughed, hugging Gabriel. “You bet. We owe you our lives. Being friends just makes it sweeter.”

Ezekiel grabbed me in a hug and of course, the Gabriel hugged Seth. “Can you call us Zek and Gabe now?”

“I think that’s appropriate.” Seth nodded.

“We’ll be heading to A’Dore in a few days, and be gone for a few weeks,” I said cautiously.

“Make that a couple of months.” Seth laughed. “It isn’t exactly next door.”

Ezekiel laughed. “I’ve seen maps. But I’ve only been to the capital of Blethos. That was far enough.”

“I say that we’re going to tell you, we won’t be here to defend you,” I stressed.

Ezekiel laughed, then leaned in mock confidentiality. “No, but Dad is!”

Seth and I both were surprised at that.

“Yeah.” Gabriel nodded. “That loudmouth Flanders is going to have a black eye for a while.” He chuckled.

“Really?” I smiled. “Your Dad punched him!?”

“Laid him flat!!” Ezekiel said happily.

Seth grinned. “I guess we can leave you in good hands. Good!”

“My Dad is having a harder time,” Gabriel admitted. “He’d never go against the two of you, but…”

I smiled. “He may come around given time.”

Seth growled. “He works with me. He will.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I knew it! They're getting a bathroom!

 

(Now I can't 'whisper' anymore! You can't change the font size in a Review. And now you can't change the font color either!)

Link to comment

Gabe and Zek are just starting out in their lives together as a couple, and they know it's going to be rough to begin with. I'm glad that Zek's dad is stepping up to help his son and his boyfriend as he's already done it once. Like Seth said to Gabe his father will come around especially having to work with Seth everyday. I'm pretty sure that the guys will be alright when Erik and Seth go to A'Dore. I'm sorry to read of Alex's passing though I'm glad that when he did pass his sons were there with him until the end. I think Samuel and Terry telling Alex that he was going to be a grandfather again put more joy in his heart, especially since Samuel returned to the palace after hearing that Seth was the new King and that he was married to a man, when Samuel found out that Alex was their true father he was overjoyed and he introduced his father to his wife and their son Michael. Alex was very proud to have both of his sons with him along with their families. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 12:29 PM, droughtquake said:

I knew it! They're getting a bathroom!

I review, okay?  I was having writers block.  I knew what I want to put down, but how do I do it...that sort of thing.  Anyway, you know by now.  You do influence my stories.  That bathroom in this story of Cinderfella was your idea.  That's right.  You steered me to the Crieds and even added the redhead in the story and an abundance of other twists and turns.  You're responsible for much of what I write.  Thanks for being my friend.  Just a note.  I love you.  :heart:

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, R. Eric said:

I review, okay?  I was having writers block.  I knew what I want to put down, but how do I do it...that sort of thing.  Anyway, you know by now.  You do influence my stories.  That bathroom in this story of Cinderfella was your idea.  That's right.  You steered me to the Crieds and even added the redhead in the story and an abundance of other twists and turns.  You're responsible for much of what I write.  Thanks for being my friend.  Just a note.  I love you.  :heart:

What! Now you’re going to blame me for the plot twists and turns? After all this time?  ;-)

 

I’ve bathed in a lake. And I had to take a bath when my ex’s water heater died and he heated water on the stove. But I’ve never had to do that any other time and I didn’t think former Princes should have to either!  ;-)

Link to comment
1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

What! Now you’re going to blame me for the plot twists and turns? After all this time?  ;-

Yes.  :yes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

OK, The old troll is rearing his head – watch out for your toes. The first sentence in this chapter: 'Things with Seth and I…' With is a preposition and requires an object, "Things with Seth and me." is correct. The pronoun 'me' is in the objective case.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..