Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,914 Words
  • 3,390 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 41. Chapter 41

Seth and I were waiting as Sam and the guards arrived. They rode up to see us waiting. Sam quickly dismounted and hugged Seth, then me quickly.

“I got Christian’s message and came immediately.” Sam said as we walked in the house. “We heard what happened in A’Dore, but I sent a message when I heard, but they said you’d gone to A’Dore…now Christian said we have a new threat?”

Seth nodded. “And more news about that threat.” Then he hugged his brother again. “It’s good to see you, Sam.” Then he looked at the guards. “Grace is inside, you’re tired and hungry. She’s fixing lunch for you now. There is also Doris and her daughter. So go in and relax a little.”

Sam smiled as we came into the room I used as an office. “You knew I was coming?”

I grinned. “We were told.”

Sam nodded. “Demetrius?”

“That’s who told us.” Seth nodded. “But he’s not our godfather now.”

“Why not?” Sam asked. So we told him about the bargain and how I had taken a cure for Christian if we agreed we couldn’t ask Demetrius for his help magically. We told Sam about the little creatures used to try to kill Christian and Ella. We told about the Seers and how we found them. Then we told him about this unknown group and Len Na.

“Okay.” Sam said rising and began to pace as he thought. “One of these beings….like Demetrius, and others like him, is doing….something to manipulate the thrones of both Blethos and A’Dore.”

“We think so.” Seth nodded. “It makes the most sense.”

“But you can’t ask Demetrius for help now.” Sam was reasoning.

“He offered to help.” I said. “He wasn’t asked to by us.”

Sam shook his head in frustration. “I wish I could talk to Christian!”

Seth looked at me and then softly said. “You can.”

Sam frowned looking at his brother. “He’s a thousand miles away, even with a hard ride…” then his eyes widened. “I wondered…” he pulled the metal container out of his belt. “This document is dated. It is only a week and a half old! You went to Christian with a cure and got there in time. How?”

I rose, standing next to Sam. “It must remain as secret as possible, but we have a way of traveling the distance instantly. You can not only speak with Christian, but see and even touch him.”

“When?” Sam asked.

Seth shrugged. “Now, if you like.”

Sam was not really sure about this, it sounded impossible. “Right now?”

“We’ll show you.” Seth grinned taking his brother pushing him forward by the shoulder toward the stairs.

Once upstairs in the attic, I made sure the door to the attic was shut and locked. The mirror was covered by a cloth now to keep it not only clean, but hidden even more. I pulled the cloth down and touched the one crystal to hear and speak.

“Ella? Christian?” I called. I waited, but since it was daylight out, they were probably doing…things. I hit the other crystal and the image shimmered and I now saw Christian’s and Ella’s bedroom which was vacant at the moment. Sam’s eyes widened as he saw the image change. I turned to Sam. “Please be calm.” I tapped the glass. “Right now, it’s solid.” I touched the other crystals. I put my hand through the image. “Now, we simply walk through.” I grinned as I stepped through and back in A’Dore. Now Sam’s eyes were wide eyed even more! “It’s perfectly safe. Seth and I have done it and our boys. We’re all fine.”

Seth grinned shoving his brother forward. “Don’t be a coward.”

Sam stepped through followed by Seth. Sam looked around and back at the mirror as I hit a crystal again and it changed to a mirror. “And I’m in A’Dore?”

I nodded. “You are. In the palace.” I went to the door to the corridor. “But we left here a week ago. I need to be careful.” I looked. Fortunately I saw a servant come that I trusted. I motioned to her. “Can you get Ella, please? Tell no one else I’m here.”

The woman bowed as her eyes widened. “Of course, Sire.” She hurried off down the corridor.

We only had to wait a few moments before Ella came in the room.

“Erik! Seth!” She greeted and looked at Sam. “King Samuel.” She bowed. “It’s an honor to see you again.”

Sam chuckled. “It’s a shock to see you!” He shook his head. “This is incredible!”

“Sam wants to speak to Christian. Is he at the palace?” Seth asked.

Ella nodded. “I’ll go get him!” She took off out the door.

Now Sam was looking at the mirror closer. “How does this work?” He looked at Seth and me. “Can we get more?”

I shook my head. “We were told these were the only two doorways.”

It was a few minutes before Christian entered with Ella.

“King Samuel!” Christian grinned. “And my brothers!” He smiled hugging both of us.

Sam nodded and produced the letter Christian had written. “I had thought you had…sort of lost it when I saw the date on the letter. Now, I understand.”

Christian frowned and then looked sheepish for a simple mistake. “The date, I do it so often I don’t think about it now. Sorry.”

“No, but the situation has gotten more…complicated.” Sam said looking at me. “You need to tell him about what Demetrius said, if you haven’t already.”

I shrugged. “We only found out about this yesterday from Demetrius.”

“I thought he was gone.” Christian stated puzzled.

“Gone!?” A voice said incredulously. “I most certainly am not gone.” He walked again out of a wall. None us that knew him was surprised by this anymore. And we all knew and met him. “I’m always around, but I was in the neighborhood and when I sensed the doorway was being used, I peeked in.”

I grinned. “Hi, Demetrius.”

“Hello, Ex-godsons!” He grinned at Seth and me. “You’re here to talk about Len Na and this new threat.”

“Yes.” Sam nodded. “This Len Na, if those of you only have a few hundred years left, what is Len Na hope to accomplish with A’Dore and Blethos becoming one?”

Demetrius shook his head, smiling sadly. “She thinks it will all fall apart. She might be right. Then again, she might be just seeking revenge.”

“Revenge?” Ella gasped. “For what?”

Demetrius sighed and sat again and again a chair slid over under him as he came to a rest. “She always complained that men, descended from Adam and Eve got them thrown out of the Garden.” Seth and I were the only ones that ever saw his chair trick, the others were surprised, but didn’t move.

I shook my head. “Woe!” I said sitting in a chair I brought over. “We may have been thrown out of the garden, but wasn’t it Lilith that got herself thrown out?” I argued. “No, she wasn’t thrown out, she left!”

Demetrius nodded. “According to legend, yes, but she left because Adam wanted her to submit to him. Which she didn’t feel she should as she was created the same as Adam from the earth and breathed to life by God. Eve was made from Adam.” He shrugged. “In Len Na’s mind you all were cursed.”

Christian thought a moment. “I’m not as up to legends as my brother, apparently, but what is Len Na trying to do?”

“I’m not sure.” Demetrius admitted.

“Wait.” Sam said. “Lilith, Adam’s first wife? Eve? The Garden, as in the Garden of Eden? Are you saying they were real!?”

Demetrius grinned at Sam. “Are you saying they weren’t real?”

Sam threw his hands up in frustration. “I’m saying I never even considered the story of Adam and Eve is history! The Garden of Eden? Any of it. Are you telling me it happened? It was a story, right?”

“Demetrius says that he…and the others like him are the children of Adam and Lilith, not Adam and Eve as we are. That’s how they can access magic. Because Lilith did.” I explained.

“And there’s no evidence I can give you to tell you it’s true or false.” Demetrius added. “But we’re here. We can access magic. So, is it true? You tell me.”

Christian nodded. “And when I was sick, Erik was given a liquid that was supposed to be from the juice of the Forbidden Fruit to cure me.”

“Mixed with my blood.” I said grinning at Christian.

Christian’s eyes widened and then he shrugged. “Well, I can’t argue with the results.”

“So it’s all true.” Sam shook his head. Now he was sitting down.

Seth was listening and shaking his head. “You learned all this, Erik?”

I chuckled. “I had Professor Bryson, yeah, I had to learn it.”

Christian smiled. “I escaped him. He came after I even got married, but it seems it’s paying off.”

“But why have us unite, what would come of that?” I asked.

“Chaos?” Demetrius shrugged. “There are some of us….very few….who think our birth problems are a result of the Children of Eve. If eliminating the Children of Eve we might be able to give birth again. And there are those that think the balance was thrown off.” He threw his hands up. “I don’t know! I can’t offer proof of any of this. What I know is what I’ve been told for four hundred years. The fruit juice I gave Erik was supposed to be from the Forbidden Fruit. Is it? I don’t know. Did Lilith exist? I can’t prove she did or didn’t, but we can access magic like she was able…”

“Can there be a mating of the two?” Ella asked. “Can a Child of Lilith marry a Child of Eve and have a child?”

Demetrius shook his head. “We tried that. Not the marriage thing, but just the mating. Children of Eve and Children of Lilith can’t give birth. And now, the Children of Lilith can’t either.”

We all just looked at each other a while, each deep in thought.

“We can’t battle Len Na.” I said the obvious.

Demetrius nodded. “It would be almost impossible. That’s why I came back. I was allowed to come back.”

“Can’t you ask God for help? He gives you rules. Does He have nothing to say about this?” Seth asked.

Demetrius grinned. “Getting messages, rules or instructions, it’s not like we’re having a conversation now in words. We get these feelings.” He turned to me. “Like when I said I couldn’t come with that Deena woman.” Then he turned to Ella. “A truly evil woman.”

Ella smiled and nodded. “So I heard.”

“Anyway,” Demetrius turned back to Seth. “It’s not like He says anything in words. I just…know.”

Christian nodded. “Fine.”

Sam frowned. “I hear some interesting stories, but whether they’re true or not, what should we do now? Someone nearly killed Christian. They may try again. They might attack me or my family. Seth and Erik!”

Demetrius nodded. “Seth and Erik have started that ball rolling. They’ve taken this threat seriously and come up with a way to see these little creatures.” He looked at me. “You have shown him your Seer, Erik?”

“I haven’t had time!” I said helplessly.

“Oh.” Demetrius said. “Hang on a second, I’ll be right back.” And then he just vanished.

Sam’s eyes grew, he still wasn’t used to it. “He’s sort of….flaky.”

I looked at Seth who shared a smile. “Yea, he is.” I nodded. “But he grows on you.”

It was just a second like Demetrius said when he reappeared holding a Seer. It was one of those new ones encased in metal. He held a lantern. “Here you go.” He put the Seer down and touched the lantern which lit up from Demetrius’ touch alone.

“What’s that?” Sam asked pointing at the Seer.

“There’s a scraping from a man that caught ill from sex.” Demetrius said simply. He pointed to the glass. “It’s right there.”

I walked to Sam. “Look down through the glass.”

Sam looked doubtful again, but walked over and looked through the glass, then did as everyone else does, looked at the source then back again. “What are those little things?”

“Those are some little creatures, not like the ones that attacked Christian. The world is made up of all kinds of little creatures.” Seth explained. “Only now we can see them.”

Demetrius nodded. “Because Seth figured out how.”

Sam grinned. “He did?”

“I simply said something about magnifying a magnification. Erik came up with the mechanics.” Seth was nearly blushing.

“It was a joint effort.” I said putting my arm around Seth. “Combined smarts.”

Sam nodded. “I can see that.”

“The point is, we have some knowledge of finding these things, but how do we fight them?” Christian asked.

Demetrius shook his head. “You’ll have to discover that, but there is a way. I don’t know what it is.”

“God won’t tell you?” Ella asked. “You’re not an angel you said.”

Demetrius chuckled. “Heaven’s no. I’ve never seen one.” Then he laughed. “Of course in my youth I some I could swear were. Beautiful women…and a couple of men.” Then his eyebrows waggled. “One I swear looked a lot like that statue of David in Florencia, Italia.” Then he looked at me. “Though the man I met wasn’t…” he pointed toward the floor, “…so small, if you know what I mean.”

“Demetrius.” I shook my head.

“Well, if I were David, I’d be mad at the sculptor! Offended if he hammered out all those muscles but didn’t make my manhood bigger! Was it really that small!?” Sam, Seth and I started laughing.

“Demetrius!!” Christian shouted and pointed to Ella.

“Oh.” Demetrius smiled. “Sorry, but at least you don’t have to worry with Christian.”

“Demetrius!!” Christian was turning red as he did when we spoke of him nursing from Ella. Ella was holding her hand over her mouth to hide her amusement.

“What?” Demetrius truly didn’t seem to understand. “No man in here was shortchanged like that poor David was immortalized!”

“Stop, Demetrius.” I chuckled coming to Demetrius. “The Children of Eve aren’t always that open about…some things.”

Demetrius shook his head. “But we all know what we’ve got. I’ve got one…”

“Just stop.” I said again. “We understand.” I grinned as I turned to Sam. “It seems they have a long life, but forget things like modesty and proper discussion topics. He appeared to me when I was in the bath….”

“And on us when we were naked.” Seth added coming up behind me. “If Erik had told him not to come while we were intimate, he probably would have.” Then he frowned. “But he would have had to know we were or weren’t….” he looked at Demetrius. “You could see, couldn’t you?” To which Demetrius simply nodded.

“Dara had to be reminded, too.” I said to Ella.

Now Sam was laughing even harder. “I take it back, he’s not flaky, he’s crazy!” Then he held his hand up. “And I mean a delightful kind of crazy.”

Demetrius looked at the amused looks on everyone. “Thanks?” He asked uncertain. Then he was off again. “The thing is, you’re preparing. We’ll be ready to deal with Len Na. But the men of Eve she uses, you’ll have to deal with. You were given a means to communicate faster, use it. But know, both families need to be cautious. I think Len Na is going to use some biological something…those little creatures…I don’t know what. If it’s very dangerous, which it might be. I’ll see you have what is needed to defeat her.”

“So we need to move forward with finding a way to do that faster.” Christian said. “We can now communicate in a week back and forth we’ll start assembling the horse message posts.”

“We’ll begin on Blethos’ side.” Sam nodded then looked at Seth and me. “I believe as Christian said, Dennis and Toby will be caught in the middle if they succeed. Uniting Blethos and A’Dore under one king.” He turned to Christian. “Not that I would mind being one kingdom, but it’s hard enough now with two!”

Christian nodded understanding. “I know what you mean. Having a kingdom both our sizes is hard. But I do my best to hire the right people to be me in the remote areas.”

“As do I.” Sam agreed. “But I feel better having spoken with you.” Sam said shaking Christian’s hand. “I look forward to doing it often. I think I’d enjoy your company.”

“I enjoyed seeing you, even under the circumstances. We’ll talk again, I’m sure.” Christian said.

Sam walked over to Ella taking her hand and kissing it gallantly. “I see the story isn’t all true.” He smiled. “The story says you’re pretty. You are a beautiful woman Ella. And intelligent. I can understand why they say women are the real power behind the throne. My Terry is like you. She’s my rock and sanity sometimes.”

Ella smiled and curtsied. “Thank you, Your Majesty.”

Sam grinned chuckling. “I think we can dispense with that, may I call you Ella?”

“Certainly.” Ella nodded.

“Then I am always Sam to you.”

I jabbed Seth whispering. “He’s good.”

Seth chuckled. “He always was.”

“Now.” Sam turned. “How do I get back home?”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

R. Eric, I am greatly enjoying all of your stories on GA, especially that two you are now concentrating on. I can easily see Cinderfella 2 going to 60 or more chapters (and I hope it is more).
I don't know if it is intentionally written that way or not, but I loved the double meaning possibilities of the following statement in Chapter 41: “If Erik had not told him not to come while we were intimate, he probably would have.”
Cinderfella 2 is a worthy expansion of the first story. I hope you are writing on GA for a long time.
Paul

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

“Anyway,” Demetrius turned back to Seth. “It’s not like ? says anything in words. I just…know.” There’s a missing noun where I put the question mark.

 

“If it’s very dangerous, which it might be. I’ll see you have what is needed to defeat her.” That should a comma between two halves of a single sentence.

 

I think I’d enjoy you’re company.” Your, not you are.

 

What ReaderPaul noticed goes along with Demetrius’ own comment that suggests he is bisexual.

Link to comment
On 02/22/2017 05:29 PM, ReaderPaul said:

R. Eric, I am greatly enjoying all of your stories on GA, especially that two you are now concentrating on. I can easily see Cinderfella 2 going to 60 or more chapters (and I hope it is more).

I don't know if it is intentionally written that way or not, but I loved the double meaning possibilities of the following statement in Chapter 41: “If Erik had not told him not to come while we were intimate, he probably would have.”

Cinderfella 2 is a worthy expansion of the first story. I hope you are writing on GA for a long time.

Paul

Until my Muse gets tired of me, I'll keep writing. It's a compulsion now more than ever.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/22/2017 06:00 PM, droughtquake said:

“Anyway,” Demetrius turned back to Seth. “It’s not like ? says anything in words. I just…know.” There’s a missing noun where I put the question mark.

 

“If it’s very dangerous, which it might be. I’ll see you have what is needed to defeat her.” That should a comma between two halves of a single sentence.

 

I think I’d enjoy you’re company.” Your, not you are.

 

What ReaderPaul noticed goes along with Demetrius’ own comment that suggests he is bisexual.

You live four hundred years, you find love and sex doesn't always have to be one thing. Life experience taught Demetrius to be flexible. And he told them he'd seen them naked. Like Seth realized, in order not to come when they were being intimate, he had to have known or seen it. Sex is natural and that's why these beings have a hard time with being discrete. It's natural!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Imagine this world of yours Eric, with covid-19 think it would be as bad as it for our world?

First.  Damn, you've really covered some ground!!  Second.  Covid-19 is very dangerous.  It's happening in our reality world.  I don't want to one up any illness, but this fictional germ is deadly.  It kills quickly, leaves no trace and transmitted easily.  Covid-19 is very dangerous.  Too bad there's no real juice from the Forbidden Fruit.  It would knock it on germy ass!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..