Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,634 Words
  • 5,605 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Makarovia? Where The Hell Is That? Freshman Year - 27. Chapter 27

Here it is, Back2basics. I included what you want to read. Makarovia isn't going to be rebuilt in a day. I do listen...or rather read...inputs. Say if you want to see something.

I smiled as I hung up with Drew shaking my head and put my phone down.

“He’s helping us,” Peter said from the couch across the room. It wasn’t a question.

“He is.” I got up and walked over and sat beside him. “Drew is looking forward to tormenting Wayne with us coming.” Without thought, I ran my hand over the inside of Peter’s leg. I really wasn’t doing it for any conscious reason really. “I don’t do that to you, do I?”

Peter grinned. “You do all the time. You’re doing it now.” He took my hand raising it to his crotch to feel his growing erection and then he leaned in kissing me gently.

I chuckled. “I come through, don’t I? I put you out of any misery.”

Peter nodded as his lips went its familiar path to my jaw and down to my neck as he wrapped his arms around me. “So, put me out of misery now.”

“With pleasure,” I said unbuttoning his shirt and my hands went over his chest pulling him closer.

“I love you, Eric.”

“I know. I love you, Peter.”

“Do you?” Peter whispered. “Show me.” He said forcing us back as he rose to better give us access to touch.

I did show him and he showed me. Twice! I loved this man!!

 

Queen Alla returned from her medical trip, arranging for some doctors to come to help immunize the children of Makarovia and general checkups of the population. We had doctors in Makarovia, but they needed help. That was going to change, too. There were plans for a new medical facility and hospital to be built in Makarovia.

Olek was…happy! He and Peter had been poring over maps the past few days deciding where these generators were going. I was gathering the photos, journals, diaries and written testimonies of the people of Makarovia to take to London. We were heading back to the United States in three weeks. I now understood more when they said: Rome wasn’t built in a day. Neither was Makarovia. Just like Peter did occasionally, I felt the need to see him. Nothing needed, but to see him.

I came in and smiled at the two again, nearly huddled together as the discussed the maps and what was to go where.

“…but we need the infrastructure in place.” Peter was saying. “The housing is necessary, but how are they getting to and from work? The new medical facilities have to be accessible no matter the weather. The roads will be redeveloped and as we do that, the new heating elements need to be in place to keep them free of snow and ice, but that should be done before other construction begins. We need to plan for the runoff for that as well as in drainage and run off to the river or somewhere.”

“We’ll have to come up with a plan for the development,” Olek said simply.

“And we’ll soon have traffic!” I said smiling causing both to look up.

Olek smiling. “We didn’t have that many people here before. More people, more cars will be needed and roads! Traffic! Yea!”

I nodded. “And with that will be car dealerships for Ford, Toyotas, gas stations, cops to write tickets…”

Olek practically bounced. “I look forward to it.”

“Fast food, supermarkets…” I added. “And that’s just to go and get supplies! A mall!?”

Olek chuckled. “Yes!” He motioned for me to come over to them. “See what else my brilliant brother thought of doing.”

Peter grinned. “Olek.” He blushed from the praise as he took my hand as I got closer. “This will take a couple of years, but…” he pointed at the map, “this is done in many countries that are extremely cold like we are at times. I was thinking we’re adding those thermal precautions to the roads, but a group of underground tunnels need to be added. It was a way so that people could get around when it snows as heavy as it does. There are the heavy snow and ice that comes. We have a few already in Stryia, but they can be improved and heated now! I even thought of creating a huge recreational facility as they have in Iceland, Canada, and other countries with pools and rides for the people to enjoy during the coldest days. The mall you mentioned; I was thinking sort of construction like the Mall of America or the big one in Edmonton, Alberta.” He chuckled. “We could have a Burger King in there as well as other eateries and things!”

Olek nodded. “We’ll have the money. It will just take time.”

“Are there any tunnels coming to the palace now?” I asked.

Olek shook his head. “Because of a fear of a security breach, no. There are some that lead up in the direction of the palace, but none directly.”

Peter smiled at me. “This will take a couple of years, but we’re going forward with it.”

“And our first paycheck is coming in a few weeks!” Olek said happily. “The first uranium ore goes out this week.”

I nodded. “We can’t pulp it here yet. We need grinders and crushers to do that.”

Olek’s smile grew. “No, we don’t do it here, for now, …we’re going to in the future. You know about the pulp?”

“I do,” I answered. “When not going through the archives, I study uranium mining and processing. You asked me to in charge of safety…that covers more than just the mining. That includes future processing. I know the process for making the yellowcake made with acid, alkaline or peroxide.” I watched as Olek’s eyes grew, but I continued. “I’m learning the difference with the enriched uranium U-235. With these smaller reactors, we would use the higher-enriched, meaning the rods that are 90% enriched with the U-235? Or are we using just the 20% U-235?”

Peter’s face almost split, he was smiling so big and shoved Olek lightly. “See!? He can do it!”

Olek shook his head. “I have no idea which percentage will be used. We just decided on the smaller reactors.” He nodded smiling.

“You gave me a job to do,” I explained. “I’m preparing to do it!” I chuckled. “Of course, I was handling the mining part, but the processing part will be a part of my job. Are these generators using rods with the pressurized heavy-water or the natural enriched uranium? I’m still trying to learn about those. The UO2, or pitchblende is used for the rods.” I said.

Olek came over and grabbed my shoulders. “I asked you just about a month ago if you would do it!?”

“Imagine what he’ll know in six of seven years!” Peter chuckled.

Olek grinned. “Just promise me, you’ll always be on our side. Particularly on my side.”

I hugged him quickly. “Count on it. I still think the recycled rods are a big possibility.” I looked firmly. “I’m still learning, but know this…my first concern with anything with this is safety. Being green is second. Makarovians is what’s important. They are Makarovia! Can I say, whoever builds these reactors and mines…they need to go above and beyond any safety precautions they have. I mean beyond! Even if it costs more money to do in the beginning. Can I say, if they skimp on something and I find out they’ve endangered our people…any replacing or repair will be covered by these builders? It will be done.”

“Yes! Absolutely!” Olek nodded.

“I really love Makarovia.” I smiled. “I believe when you say winters are hard. I will experience them in the future for myself.” I looked at Peter. “You know it’s going to change.”

Peter looked a little bothered by what I said. “Yea, I know.”

“You were bothered by the planes going overhead,” I said quietly. “How will you feel seeing an overpass in Stryia?” I put my hand on my chest. “I love Stryia the way it is. I don’t necessarily want to look out over the township and see the golden arches for McDonalds. I know you have plans for that, Olek.”

Olek nodded. “Some tentative ones, but feel free to suggest your ideas. Your input is wanted!”

“I just hope you have plans to keep what’s been for hundreds of years…still to keep it here,” I said. “Things change. That’s life, but Stryia and Makarovia as a whole…I’m not in charge, but some things need to be protected and preserved.”

“We will be.” Olek nodded. “Stryia will expand. People will be moving here.”

“The demands for housing will increase,” I said.

“There will be apartments that will go up.” Peter grinned. “Multi-family housing and…parking lots, buildings of steel and glass.”

I touched Peter’s hand. “Are you okay with these changes?”

Peter shrugged. “As you said, things change. If it’s for the better…I’m good.”

“We’ll make sure it is for the better.” Olek was happy! He walked around the desk again. “We can start with the tunnels we have. This again is going to take some time. Once the money starts coming in, we can really start this coming spring. The roads need updating and those heat elements put in. There will be more vehicles now.”

“Mostly in Skoal for now.” Peter pointed out. “We can start the tunnel renovations there.” Peter looked at me. “We have tunnels there, too.”

“It sounds like a lot of urban development will be in Skoal,” I said.

“That’s right.” Olek nodded as he looked at the maps. “We now have almost three million people in Makarovia.” He said brightly. “Three million!!”

“Wow,” I said.

“And it probably double in the next five years.” Peter sighed. “We just need to be prepared.” He grinned. “You know Makarovians are always prepared.”

I nodded. “Prepare or die. You told me that. I wondered how people here got to work in the winter before. There are tunnels in Skoal, so that’s there already?”

“Limited, but we’re way ahead of you there, brother,” Olek said. “General Burke and General Hammond have already started the new tunnels there when we began building; sort of semi-sunk tunnels that haven’t been buried yet. They look like those,” he used a word I didn’t know, it happens! “that make those tunnels that leaves a trail of raised dirt on the surface?”

I repeated the word Olek used and said, “are they moles? Or gophers?” I asked the words in English then went back to Makarovian. “The near blind ones?” Hey, there wasn’t much call for the name of that particular critter to learn.

Olek nodded. “Yes, moles!” He used the word again. “They will have those in place before winter hits this year.” He shrugged. “They will be in place by the time the new houses are finished.”

“The existing tunnels don’t go everywhere needed.” Peter pointed out and looked at me. “There are…entrances at certain places around town, but when it snows as it can…getting to the entrances is a challenge.”

“But it’s not that bad all winter long, is it?” I asked.

“No,” Olek said. “The snows come, but it doesn’t go away after it does snow. It doesn’t melt. If the clearing crews don’t get to it…that can be a problem.”

I smiled. “Of course, we’ll have the power soon,” I growled. I had mentioned the golden arches. “Suddenly, I want a Big Mac.” I could remember the taste and now wanted it.

Peter shook his head and chuckled. “I prefer those Double Whoppers from Burger King we had in Boston.”

“No, I like those Triples from Wendy’s,” Olek said. Both Peter’s and my expressions have shown surprise. “Don’t look surprised, I’ve had fast food!”

“Do they even have hamburgers in Makarovia?” I asked.

“Sure!” Olek chuckled. “And French Fries with ketchup!”

“Onion rings? I asked.

Olek shook his head. “I’m sure they can make them if we ask.”

I nodded. “Now, I’m hungry!”

Olek nodded. “It’s past lunch soon. Let’s ask for this!”

 

Queen Alla walked past the dining room a few hours later as the three of us were enjoying our hamburgers, fries and onion rings. She backed up and came into the dining room.

“That looks very nutritious.” She said smirking.

We weren’t really eating like we normally do. This time, elbows were on the table as we sort of slouched over our plates and yes…I got my onion rings!! We were enjoying ourselves!

“It is, Mom,” Peter said smiling as he had to wipe his mouth to keep the juice from spilling. “It’s good for the soul.” He looked up at her. “They can make you one!” He held up his hamburger.

“That’s okay, I’ll wait for dinner.” Queen Alla smiled patting her son’s shoulder, not bothered at all.

“Building a kingdom is hard work,” Olek said as he munched.

I nodded in agreement. “We need fuel!”

Olek grinned. “I won’t be at dinner tonight, by the way.”

Peter smiled. “Helga?”

Olek nodded. “Yes.”

“I have got to meet this Helga.” Mom said.

“You’ll like her,” Olek said confidently.

“What about you, Mom?” I asked her. I was more comfortable with calling her that now.

“Yes,” Peter said looking at her. “You need someone.”

She gave a sly smile. “All my sons have someone and now you worry about me? My son by my marriage, Olek is now dating. My son Peter is engaged to my future son Eric and now you think of me. That’s so nice…” She said, but the sarcasm was clearly heard, “but who says I’m not?”

Peter’s eyes grew and turned quickly. “Who? When!?”

She gave a slight nod and another sly smile. “I’ll let you know…one day.” She leaned in. “I will say this; how do you think I got that island for your vacation last month?” She said and walked off.

Peter turned back around slowly. “She never mentions anyone.”

Olek nodded. “She’s very private about her life…her personal life.” He smiled. “That’s good she’s dating someone. She has been alone since Dad died. I’m glad she’s got someone.”

Peter looked at Olek surprised. “But you don’t know who that guy is?”

Olek shook his head but smiled knowingly at Peter. “No, but Alla is not stupid. She isn’t some young girl someone would take easy advantage of.” He chuckled lightly. “She just didn’t tell anyone.”

“But we don’t know anything about this man.” Peter objected.

Olek reached over and placed a hand on Peter’s. “Reason it out. We had access to an island that wasn’t inexpensive. She got it last minute. He must be a wealthy man, probably Italian.” He squeezed his brother’s hand. “We didn’t know about Eric until you showed up with him.” He waved at me. “He’s been a great addition to the family.” He reached with his other free hand and grabbed mine. “Vows or not, you are family.” He pulled up my left hand and touched the ring there. “More so than even this ring tells.” He looked back a Peter. “Trust your mother.” He leaned in. “Be sure where this is coming from. She loved Dad.” He said directly to Peter. “Never doubt that. She loved our father. Because of that marriage, she gave me a brother. She’s not being disloyal to Dad. She’s not cheating on him.”

I nodded. “It’s difficult to realize a parent is just human.” I looked at Peter. “Mom dated a few times after my father died. That was a difficult thing to accept.”

Peter nodded and sighed bringing his hamburger up to take another bite. “You’re right.” He shrugged.

Olek smiled. “You’re just being protective. She’s your mother. She’s family.”

“Like we are with you!” I said smiling at Olek. “Like I do with you.”

Olek smiled more and nodded with a light chuckle. “I like that you are.”

“Helga knows she’s coming here to be with you, right?” I asked.

“I hope so,” Olek said now not as certain.

“You know me; I don’t leave anything to be just understood,” I said firmly. “Make sure she knows that she’s not here to discuss reactors or construction or anything Makarovian. You brought her here to get to know her and she to get to know you. I had trouble with Peter…”

“What!?” Peter shot at me and sat back suddenly. “You did not!”

“Oh, yes I did!” I said smiling at Peter. “In the beginning, you were driving me crazy! That night…when we had our first kiss…I was tired of it, so I told you how I felt, that’s when we had our first kiss. I laid it all for you.”

Peter looked away turning a little pink. “Well, I didn’t know how to approach you…”

I nodded but looked at Olek. “Be sure she knows. Don’t assume she does. Tell her what you hope for having her here. I was overwhelmed with the fact Peter is a prince. She may have issues with you being a king. In fact, I’m sure she will. Make sure she knows she has some control and has a way out if she needs.” I saw Olek’s eyes grow when I said that last part. “Olek. You’re an amazing man. Handsome as HELL and cultured and the perfect catch. Make sure, that catch can be hers if she’s interested. I know she will be.”

Olek shrugged a nod. “I can do that.” He shook his head. “Where do you come up with this stuff?”

I chuckled. “Ukraine! This is how Grandma got to be known for being outspoken. She said, as well as she knew Granddad, she never assumed he just knew what was going on. She said most times he did, but occasionally, he didn’t. It is her rule I use with us, Peter.” I smiled. “She believed in total, blunt and near-brutal honesty. Even if it hurt. That’s why she never accepted the evasions or hedging around things. Even if you don’t know what or have words to tell how you feel, just say that. And feelings, she was big on those…claiming that the honesty reduced resentment later.” I smiled at Peter. “You don’t regret anything with us, do you?”

Peter shook his head with his light laugh. “Not a one.”

“So, what do you feel knowing about Mom?” I asked.

“Surprised and…unprepared.” Peter conceded. “And yes, the thought of her seeing someone else, I was feeling like she is stepping out on Dad.” He bit into the hamburger and chewed, but he was chewing more than ground beef, he was chewing on the idea.

I nodded. “There you go,” I said. “That’s honest.”

“That’s stupid,” Peter said quietly.

“Remember about that,” I said. “Whether it’s wrong, right, justified, stupid or whatever the feeling is…you have a feeling. It’s there, now we just…deal with it.” I smiled at Peter and then looked at Olek. “Just like I’m dealing with losing you.”

Olek’s eyes widened. “What!? You’re not losing me!”

“Sure, I am.” I corrected. “Even Mom knew about Peter. She told me in Boston. She was losing that connection with her son. I was the more important one in Peter’s life, as his life partner and I am. She understood that. If things work out for you and Helga, which I hope it does…really, I do. She’ll become more important for you than we are. That’s the way it’s supposed to be.” I smiled. “It’s a hard adjustment. That’s all.”

Olek smiled more understanding but took both Peter’s and my hands. “You won’t lose me. I’m still here. If it Helga that agrees to be a part of us. She will be included, but you two are still way up there on priorities. You know that.” He shook his head. “We’re planning like it’s done. She may not even like me. Just don’t be hurrying me down any aisles!”

“She will, Olek.” I grinned.

Peter smiled. “Well, I hope it will be more than just recreational sex.”

Olek sat back in mock offense. “Have I ever just had recreational sex?”

Peter thought. “I don’t know, have you?”

Now Olek was embarrassed. “Well, yes…I did…I was younger and well…”

“We did, too, Peter.” I reminded. “Nothing wrong with it.” I grinned. “Though when we do it now…it’s so much better.”

“And that’s what I’d like,” Olek said nodding. “I wasn’t kidding. I passed your door a couple of times and yes…” he gave an appreciative nod, “I did hear you and I was jealous. It got me thinking I needed to seriously move more in that direction.”

“Sorry, Olek,” I said but was smiling.

“Why?” Olek asked. “From the sound of it, you two were having a good, good time!”

Peter smiled at me. “Still.”

Olek shook his head. “No, but I want it for me!”

“That’s what we want for you, Olek,” I said. “If it is Helga, be sure she becomes your focus. Make sure her focus is you. I told everyone at the proposal, Peter was my priority.” I saw Peter smile more at that. “Everything else will fall into place. With you and Helga, it will be your relationship, if there is one. Keep that focus.”

Olek nodded as his eyes widened. “I need to spend more time with Katrina Sams!” He grinned at us. “Keep reminding me.”

“I will,” I said holding up the hamburger. “This is good. I mean it clearly isn’t like in America. The buns…the spices…are different, but it’s good!”

“It’s kind of a combined recipe. Kind of a pyrizhky…combine with Romanian and Hungarian.” Olek said. “We are a combination of countries.” He raised what was left of his hamburger. “Naturally, this is combination hamburger.”

“I can see it now,” I said proudly. “Marquis up everywhere for Makarovian Burgers! It could replace McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendys!”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 13
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Olek & Peter need to be planning for subway routes. Design the space now so when they decide to build, the right of way is already reserved. In the Bay Area, certain freeways were designed with space in the center median so BART could be added without disrupting traffic on the road. It’s less expensive to plan ahead.

 

Olek should also ban billboards and large signs that cause visual blight. Styria should not end up looking like Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Times Square. By limiting the size and number of advertising signs, it will be easier to maintain the architectural and environmental character of Makarovia.

 

Laws could be drafted to require hiring at least a minimal number of Makarovians to maintain employment levels. Local content laws should be considered to prevent local companies and industries from being put out of business wholesale. Naturally, not all businesses and industries will survive new foreign competition, but steps should be taken to minimize those numbers.

 

San Francisco limits the numbers of franchised and chain businesses. In some neighborhoods they are even banned to protect small business. Mega-retailers should be subjected to limits and regulations to ensure that they treat their employees fairly and do not exploit their workers (especially your favorite warehouse store@R. Eric: Always the lowest wages. Always.).

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Olek & Peter need to be planning for subway routes. Design the space now so when they decide to build, the right of way is already reserved. In the Bay Area, certain freeways were designed with space in the center median so BART could be added without disrupting traffic on the road. It’s less expensive to plan ahead.

 

Olek should also ban billboards and large signs that cause visual blight. Styria should not end up looking like Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Times Square. By limiting the size and number of advertising signs, it will be easier to maintain the architectural and environmental character of Makarovia.

 

Gee.  I never would have thought of that.  (Yes, that was sarcastically written.)  That's why Eric brings it up!  I love you, Buddy!  :heart:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Great chapter and a good glimpse into Makarovian's future, if it is controlled and measured, smart, but-as-green-as-possible, growth.  Underground shopping malls are a reality in Montreal and Toronto, where temperatures can and have been -20 F.  They're also connected to their subways/metro systems as well.  In NYC, you can travel underground, come up inside a 'mall' shopping district and go back down to take the train home.  Minneapolis has miles of interconnected and enclosed pedestrian bridges and tunnels connecting major parts of their downtown. I'm sure other cities worldwide have equally innovative solutions to dealing with winter.  I love the idea of heated streets to deal with the ice/snow issues.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

The first half of this chapter was the most depressing and disheartening thing I have read for a while. I was hoping that at some point there would be a hint that their "plans" were all sarcasm. I understand that the winter climate is not great, but I don' see that as an excuse to turn a country into a copy of all that produced the failure that is malls-and-fast-food designed around a car culture. 

The country has money; use it to buy the best advice from around the world on infrastructure development. The views of an undergrad student will not produce a great country. He's barely old enough to have the faintest idea what he does not know, let alone know enough to move forward sucessfully. 

Edited by Canuk
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well I think Eric has a good grip on what will be good for the country and the things they don't want or will limit. He may be young but he is smart and has the country's best  interest in mind at all times. He has already done and thought of many helpful things the others had not. 

Can't wait to see how Oleks date turns out!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Having finished this chapter, I am caught up again. I read with great interest the chapters on gay persecution. They were sometimes hard to read, and I must confess I am glad to be back to the "regular" story. I do hope we will hear more about Milo and Bren. Thank you.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

Having finished this chapter, I am caught up again. I read with great interest the chapters on gay persecution. They were sometimes hard to read, and I must confess I am glad to be back to the "regular" story. I do hope we will hear more about Milo and Bren. Thank you.

That's why I included the journals Milo kept.  As the story moves on you'll hear...or rather read...about some other things about them.  And some others as things are translated.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is a great story, and while it is on an alternate earth, there COULD  be alternate versions of Colin and Devon,  But with the focus where it is, we are unlikely to meet them soon, if ever.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am glad the royal family plus Eric choose to be introspective and cautious about developments happening in Makarovia. The kingdom is quite small and any mistakes done in the name progress for progress sake are hard to undo if not outright impossible. I hear about walmarts closing down stores leaving townships that hosted them economically and fiscally devastated. Is it prudent or even sustainable for tiny Makarovia to succumb to the lure of big shopping malls and consumption businesses. Conspicuous consumption drives the price of everything up. Homes become unaffordable, the quality of living as a result suffers. I hope the royal family plus Eric work to prevent the makarovian economy from overheating. As Olek said, money is coming. And with that comes the hard decisions. Helga seems like a good addition to the royal family as Olek's queen. Studies will keep the boys away so Helga is in a position to give a strong hand to the King. A very nice and informative chapter as promised. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I really like the way that Olek, Peter and Eric are planning ahead for the infrastructure of Makarovia. They're also planning on ways to keep the power on even in the harsh winters they have. I hope that Allah is going to be able to make up for the shortage of medical facilities and staff, I know she's asked some Dr's to come in and give immunizations to the children and check ups for everyone else. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, Butcher56 said:

I know she's asked some Dr's to come in and give immunizations to the children

Yeah, about that. Not to criticize Butcher56/@USA Reader 1, this is aimed at @R. Eric. I know you were a medic at one time and know more about medical procedures and regulations than I do.

 

All of the injections I’ve gotten in the last few decades at least have been by nurses, not doctors. Or Pharmacists. Makarovia can have different laws about who can give immunizations, but if they have a shortage of medical professionals, it doesn’t make sense to reserve such a simple task for highly trained doctors when people with similar, but slightly less extensive training can do the job just as well – some actually do a better job because that’s what they do all day!  ;–)

Link to comment

Wow! I ended up very hungry for a Hot Makarovian..ahh Burger by the end of the chapter.  I am loving this tale.  It is the kind of story I like to read when on holiday laying about outdoors in the summer shade or beside a fireplace watching the snow fall in the mountain forest.

Link to comment

Great chapter . They have a lot of work to do now Makarovia is an expanding country. The infrastructure is a lot of work an winter is coming rapidly.

 I hope Helga will be the Queen for Olek. It’s time he think of getting his own family  now!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..