Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,835 Words
  • 7,820 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 18. Chapter 18

I had barely gotten in the door when my phone rang on the desk. I smiled seeing Alan Belosik’s name on the ID.

“I just got in!” I said without bothering to say hello.

“I had to know,” Alan said. “Did it go well? Did they like you? Did you like them?”

I chuckled hearing his questions. “Yes to all those questions.”

“What did you do there?” Alan asked. “Did you go to the Phantom of the Opera?”

“Yes, we did,” I answered. “I’ll tell you in more detail on Tuesday.”

“But it’s Saturday!”

“I have to work,” I said with a laugh. “I work for this tyrant, you see? I’ll tell you when you come in.”

“Spoilsport.”

 

The thing was, that coming Wednesday was New Year’s Day. I had a lot to do. My parents were coming for New Year’s Eve. David and Sherry were coming on Monday. Nick agreed to go back to his apartment during that time as one of the bedrooms was a gym. He was attending his own New Year’s Celebration with some buddies from school. That only left a few days!

I breezed in, kissed Tony quickly and headed to our utility room. We weren’t messy, but this was a big place! There was dusting, vacuuming, sheets to change…I thought as I tried to prioritize in my head.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Tony grabbed my arm as I passed. “Slow down.”

I shook my head. “I can’t! Sherry and David are arriving on Monday! Mom and Dad the next day. This place needs a lot of work!” And I started to go again.

“Stop!” Tony almost barked. Then pulled me back. “Simmer down, Skippy.” He smiled. “I’ve got it covered. No problem.”

I looked at him with wide eyes. “You have what covered?”

Tony smiled. “Don’t look at me like I have seven eyes. I called. There’s a service coming Monday morning.”

“A service!?” I asked. “What service? Who?”

He chuckled. “I guess you don’t read those memos from the Home Owners Association that carefully. Essex has a service. Maids that will come and clean if necessary. Well, it’s necessary!”

“Aren’t they expen….” Then I smiled when I saw his eyes say really? Are we going to go through this again? “I’m sorry, but I am what I am. They are expensive!”

Tony nodded. “They’re expensive because they’re good! They’re bonded and I guarantee they won’t steal a thing. Ever. This place will be spic and span. I promise you.” He held his mock boy scout salute up.

I let out a sigh. “Fine.” Then kissed Tony better. “Hi.”

Tony wrapped his arms around me. “Hi, yourself.” Then he looked at me. “As you don’t have to run to clean the house now, I have the day off still and tomorrow. Is there something special you want for dinner? Any hankerings?”

I smiled grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the bedroom. “I do. You.”

He followed readily. “I know I can serve that.” He smiled as I pushed him back on the bed. “But we’ll be hungry afterward.”

I shrugged kissing him. “You can make your famous pizza.”

He chuckled as I pulled his shirt up. “I’d love to. When we get groceries. No dough.”

“Use bread,” I suggested.

“All stale.”

“Damn it.” I sat up. I grinned down at him. “And what’d you do all day?”

Tony sat up, propping on his elbows trying to look offended. “I work, too, you know? I just didn’t go to the office. Computer? Remember? In there?” He pointed to the room we had it hooked up. “I’ll go grocery shopping tomorrow.”

I smiled. “Too bad they don’t deliver like in New York.”

His eyebrows rose as he smiled slyly. “Seeing the advantage to that now, are we?”

I nodded. “I could get used to it.” Then I ran my fingers over his chest to let those chest hairs I love to tickle my fingers. “In the meantime, I’ll have Italian.”

He smiled more. “We’re not talking about food, are we?” He knew what I was saying.

“Food later.” I lowered myself over him, kissing him in our hungry kisses. He growled as he rolled us over, his hands coming up my chest. Then he unbuttoned my shirt, slipping it off me.

Tony’s eyes softened as he gazed at me. “You are so beautiful.” He smiled running his hands over my chest. “I see you. You’re so beautiful. But I see your eyes when you look at me. No one has ever looked at me like you do. You love me. I see it.”

I smiled. “I do. Very much. I’ll never leave you, Tony. I’ll never betray the love and trust I see in you. We’re going to say that before God and family. Know that.”

He smiled. “I believe you. I won’t do that to you. Ever.”

“I know.” Putting him below me again. “Now, to enjoy each other.” I lowered to kiss him deeply. Sliding down his chest, enjoying the hint of his fragrance. His scent. Teasing my brain knowing there was more and I knew where to get it. He knew what I liked and I knew what he liked, we moved so we could do that. I inhaled at his armpit, sticking my tongue there making him inhale a bit harder. My fingers running over his nipples, then unfastening his pants. Slipping them off I tossed them aside. His boxers were teasing me as they were askew. I could see his black pubic hair above the waistband that was low, but not low enough yet. Here the smell was deeper, richer and pleasantly pungent as my nose ran through them. Causing my cock to become erect even more. Hardening more until it almost hurt. I’d heard if a watch isn’t broke, don’t fix it. Tony and I knew what worked. His arousal was poking straight up in the air now as I pushed the boxers away. I engulfed that part of his anatomy designed to give part of himself to another human being, I took it slowly, he let out a moan as my moist heat covered his cock. His hand came up to caress my head and pulling me even closer. His cock straining as he built and I slowly, rhythmically took him in and out with learned ease. Then I heard him groan, a slow, long groan as he was building to cum.

“I adore you, Mitch,” Tony said in a hoarse whisper and I tasted the warm, slightly salty flavor as he came in a slick burst. It was a taste I had grown accustomed to, but never tired of getting. He brought me up so we were face to face as he kissed me. “Now, you.”

It was late when we came up for air after nearly an hour or more in vigorous variations of lovemaking. We were lovers.

We ended by having Chinese takeout.

 

The next day came and went. Then Monday morning three women arrived carrying buckets, assorted sponges and a mop. Cloths to dust with and varied cans of cleansers to dust, scrub and just clean! They even had their own vacuum cleaner. I had gotten things together to change the sheets in the second bedroom with its own bathroom. As the one bedroom was now a gym, we converted the daybed to just a regular bed for David. The last bedroom was for Sherry. When they finished a few hours later, the whole place just smelled clean. It was clean! It was just after midday when David arrived. He’d been here once before and knew the place. Two hours later Sherry arrived, a bypass on her way to the University in Georgia. Her eyes bulged when I let her in.

“You have so much room!” Sherry gasped as she looked around.

I nodded. “Well, we have a big family,” I said logically.

I spent the day with my cousins and the next day I had to work again. And Alan, my boss cornered me that morning to hear what I had promised to say about my time in Manhattan on Saturday. He listened as I told him the rated G version. He wanted more, at least an R rated version, it was too much for him to get the X rated version. Never even considered the triple X which he’s love to have, with 3D video if available or just plain witness the whole thing.

I got home at about 6 pm that evening to see my parents had arrived while I had been at work. It was my mother that came to me first, smiling.

“Hello, son.” She greeted with a hug and kiss.

Then Dad came over hugging me as much as a straight man feels comfortable showing affection to another man he expected to show to one he was related to. Whatever rules were obeyed, rules only he knew. Those damned rules! “You boys are living pretty well.” He glanced back at our condo. The condo was elegantly decorated for Christmas and just plain nicely decorated.

I nodded. “We are.” I sensed he was feeling odd about being here. It wasn’t something anyone said, it just was…I knew him. “Is this too much?” I laughed. “It was for me at first. But when we were looking for a place, I had to come to a point where I realized Tony had to have a place to live, even if there never became an us. Since he was including me in the decision, I gave my approval.” I looked around. “Speaking of Tony, where is he?”

“He and Sherry went out to get some things for tonight.” Mom told me. “David’s upstairs talking with Michael. For the second time.” She smiled.

I grinned at that and shrugged. “Well, they started life as one cell. The separation for those twins is going to be tough for both of them.”

Dad nodded. “I hope they’re not buying booze.”

I frowned. “Tony’s not Baptist, Dad. He does drink and he is an adult.” I reminded. “But since I’ve known him, I’ve never seen him drunk.” But I could see his opinion on his face. I knew him. “It’s not a sin to drink.”

Dad nodded. “I wish he wouldn’t, though.”

“Baptist have put a label on drinking that doesn’t fit. I know what the Bible says about drinking. In fact, it only said be not drunk with wine. Baptist made it a rule not to drink before they made it a sin, according to some of them. You can’t become a drunk if you never drink. I agree, but it is no sin. Jesus’ first miracles even recorded is when he turned water into wine. Tony’s living his life by rules he grew up with.”

It was then I heard the front door open and the animated chatter between Tony and Sherry. Then David came down from his talk with his physical other half. I smiled at Tony who was looking happy.

“The stores are packed!” Sherry smiled like she was tired as put the groceries on the counter. “We got some h’orderves. But he had to get some Champagne before the liquor stores closed.”

Tony shrugged. “I’ve never entered a new year as the old one ends without a Champagne toast, and I’m not doing it now.” Then he looked at us. “And I got some good sparkling grape juice for those here that don’t care for a glass of Champagne. You need something.” He said logically.

I smiled at Dad. “I will be having Champagne with Tony. We’re not welcome in any Baptist church, and I’m not Baptist anymore. End of any discussion.”

Mom looked at my father warily. Then smiled. “So, tell me about New York!” She demanded of me, effectively changing the subject.

I told them how well we were welcomed into the Delveccio family. How I enjoyed visiting. “Then he gave me this.” I held up my left hand.

“Oh, my GOD!!” Sherry’s eyes widened as she saw the ring. Like Melissa had reacted as she almost took my hand off to see it closer!

“I’m still attached to that hand.” I chuckled.

“I didn’t know they made engagement rings for guys.” David said when he got to see the ring.

Tony nodded. “They can make a ring for anything.”

Dad was trying. I’ll give him that. But he was still having trouble getting his mind around it. “But you won’t be married.”

“Dad,” I said patiently. “We aren’t getting married legally because it’s illegal for us to do so. We can’t. We are married now. If anything happens to either Tony or me. We will be the ones asked what to do. I’m legally his power of attorney and he’s mine. Our lives are integrated. If this nation allows us to marry, we will. Until then, this is it.” Then I looked at Tony who was listening quietly. “Which brings up a question. Tony and I are having a Commitment Ceremony. We are declaring to the world that he and I have committed to each other. I’d like to do it in Morgan’s Branch. There will be a lot of people that will want to come, even internationally. All of the Delveccios have said they will be attending. There are plenty of McKenzies that will also be coming. There are two here now that can attest to that. I was born in those mountains. I’d like to marry there. How would you feel if we did commit at home?”

Dad’s face scowled. “How many do you think will come?”

Tony shrugged. “A dozen or more Delveccios from Queens and Montreal.”

“And about as many from the McKenzies. I know Mary, Rhonda, Chuck and Pam, Michael and his fiancé, Sherry, David, their mother and father, Aunt Hilda will come, probably not Earl. Chuck’s mother and father, Uncle JC…”

“And my brother Earl and Pat, Tammy and Dana…” my mother added. “But they live there.” Then she laughed. “Mary will probably not since you dethroned her.”

I chuckled knowing my aunt.

“Who dethroned her?” Tony asked puzzled. “What are talking about?”

Mom smiled at Tony. “Until you showed up, Mary was the person who’d done the best, as far as she was concerned. And my daughter and nieces fed that perception for Mary. She was the bachelorette that lived an exciting life in Atlanta. She had the best sports car, the best life, wore the best clothes and through her marriages, had the most money. Now Mitch has sort of taken that spotlight from her. Mary’s hurting a little now.”

Tony shook his head. “We didn’t do anything.”

I smiled at him. “We did. We showed her up.” Then I looked at my parents. “I know the church in Morgan’s Branch will not even be considered. I’m not certain there will be many that want to walk out in the fields. I was considering either The Grove Park Inn, or Biltmore.”

“What’s Biltmore?” Tony asked.

“It’s an estate built by George Washington Vanderbilt back in the nineteenth century. I believe it’s the largest privately owned residence in the world, even though it’s a tourist attraction now.”

“They’ve used it in many movies over the years.” Mom nodded. “They even have a hotel there.”

That’s when my phone rang. I was on call as manager.

“I’ve got to take this,” I said looking at my phone.

Tony smiled. “That’s why you’re the manager.”

I spent the next few minutes dealing with a problem at the hotel. But it was dealt with.

I returned to my family as my father reached some sort of acceptance. “Son, I don’t claim to understand the life you and Tony have. You know what I think. Whether you do this there or anywhere else is your choice. We’ll be there. But I don’t like being laughed at.”

I frowned. “There will be some laughter,” I said sadly. “Many around this nation will share your view on what we’re doing. I promise to keep it as quiet as possible.”

He shrugged sighing. “Then that’s that.”

The New Year in Times Square was in full force. There was a crowd as there was every year to see that ball drop. Tony poured himself and my glass of Champagne. Then Sherry said she wanted one. She saw Dad’s face.

“Uncle Richard.” She smiled. “I’m not Baptist either. I’m Methodist. But there will be plenty of Baptists out there doing this and more right now. Lighten up."

Tony gave the sparkling grape juice to David, Mom, and Dad. The final countdown began. Then ten, nine, eight…as we watched 2002 coming to an end. Then one! It was 2003!

Tony clicked his glass to David, Sherry, Mom, Dad and then me. “Happy New Year, Sweetie. We’re going to begin this year off right.”

I nodded. “We are.” We drank our Champagne and juice. I smiled as Tony’s lips met mine. “Happy New Year.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

My parents weren't Baptists (my mother grew up a Free Methodist), but no one ever drank in my parents' house. The only alcohol was for cooking – even the one or two bottles of wine that were ever given to them as Christmas gifts. (My Aunt served a white wine with our ham dinner this evening for the few who drink.)

Link to comment

Great chapter. I’m glad that that Tony is finally getting a better reception from Mitch’s family especially his parents. When Tony took Mitch to meet his family and to see New York Mitch was accepted almost immediately after the introductions were made. At least by everyone except Tony’s dad who waited until they sat down to eat then he began asking questions of Mitch like what kind of work did he do, where did they meet and so on, Mitch answered all of his questions in almost fluent Italian. Tony’s dad then accepted him knowing that it was love that brought them together and not Tony’s money. Even after Tony moved in with Mitch and they started looking for a place to get in a better neighborhood, one place that Tony found was a condo complex that had between 1 and four bedroom units they could see, but they decided they needed at least a 3 bedroom unit and they settled on the 4 bedroom. When they were working out the details saying that Mitch’s name would be on the deed as well, Mitch almost called it all off because of the way that Tony was doing things, Mitch got a little bit of cold feet as he was having an issue with the money. Mitch told Tony that he loved him for who he is and not the money, Tony said that was what he loved about him was that he didn’t care about the money. I’m glad that they are going to have their commitment Ceremony in the mountains of Morgan’s Branch North Carolina, after Mitch’s dad agreed to allow them to have it there. It’s great to see that Tony’s been doing so well that he isn’t taking his anxiety or depression meds anymore.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

which he's love to have -- which he’d love to have
What are talking about? --  What are you talking about?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..