Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,223 Words
  • 4,237 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 24. Chapter 24

When I say this, it’s a tough thing to understand. Time was playing with me. In many ways time just crept by. Then I was startled when it was time to dress for the wedding. Weird, isn’t it? So, I took another shower. Then with all my clothes laid out, I got dressed. Dad arrived as I was doing that. Looking very much like the preacher he always was. He smiled at me as he hugged me.

“This will be a great day, son,” Dad said smiling.

I nodded. “Thank you.” There were so many things to thank him for, so a simple thank you would have to suffice.

“I said before. Tony’s a good man, a wonderful person and I’m glad you've brought him in the family.”

I nodded and took my tartan in the bathroom. “I’m doing this in here because no one’s going to know what’s under here.” I held the tartan up. Then went to put it on and my shirt. Dad chuckled as the door shut.

The night without Tony had been….well….I missed him! Not realizing what a major part of my life he’d become, his absence was most definitely felt. But he’d be back in my life in an hour.

The socks, the shirt, the tartan on. Everything was finally on when I emerged from the bathroom. My two male cousins and step-son were talking with Dad.

Nick smiled at me. “You look great!” He grinned coming over. Then tried to lift the kilt, which I slapped his hand away. “Just curious.” He defended.

“You’ll live not knowing,” I said simply. “How’s your father?”

Nick nodded with a smile. “You’ll be happy to know he’s completely miserable without you. He’s been an angry bear all night.”

That did make me feel good. I smiled when I heard that. “Good.”

Say what you will, but kilts were hot. In the Scottish Highlands that would be helpful, it was usually cold. These things are wool! If we’d had the wedding in Charleston, I would have melted by now.

Dad came over to me. “It’s time.”

Again, time was playing with me. I was ready, but equally surprised when it was time to do this. I nodded and Dad escorted me to the part of the garden we were coming in from, joined by an elegantly, formally dressed Mom. They were both escorting me to Tony. The garden seating area was full of people now. Family and friends were all here. Then the processional for the wedding party began. They were coming down the center aisle. My cousin, David, was leading my row of witnesses. Al was leading Tony’s witnesses, side by side they walked up as the bagpipes played the music. The familiar swell in my heart as the bagpipes played. I could see the three pipers, dressed in general tartans used when no one’s family was being displayed. Al and David, Mike and Chuck. Parting at the altar to stand on the correct sides. Then the music stopped. There was a drumbeat dramatically, then the processional for the grooms began. This was magical! I had the arm of my father on one side, my mother on the other as we walked toward the center. Coming from the other side was Tony and his parents. He looked incredible! Wearing a black tuxedo that had been made for him. The single red rose on his lapel, hair done nicely. And he looked at me smiling as we met at the altar and the music stopped again.

Both Rev. Pat and Rev. Terry met and greeted the crowd. “Friends and family. We are gathered here to witness two souls that are committing their lives together. They do this in front of you to show you and the world that they are uniting in love.” Rev. Pat said. “Let us pray.” I didn’t have to see Tony as he crossed himself, as did others that were there that were Catholic. “Blessed are you, O God of our ancestors and blessed too is your name forever. Let the heavens bless you forevermore and all the things you have made. It was you who created Adam, you who created a soul to be his help and support; and from these two the human race was born. It was you who said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; let us make him a partner like himself.”

“The fact that you have come here to be those witnesses is very important. Whether you view a joining like this as being wrong or right, you agree by coming to see this display of absolute love between these wonderful human beings. You’re giving your support.” Rev. Terry added. “So, I will begin. In the matter of Mitch McKenzie, who gives this man to commit to Tony Delveccio?”

“His mother and I do,” Dad said loudly at my side.

“And who gives Tony Delveccio to commit to Mitch McKenzie?” Rev. Pat asked.

“His mother and I do,” Angelo said equally loud.

“These parents are not only giving their sons to commit, agreeing with the wisdom of their decision, but also their approval.” Rev. Pat said smiling. “They are also standing as Best Parents for their future sons.” She said motioning for our parents to take their places. Mom and Dad next to Tony. Angelo and Kathleen next to me.

“The uniting of two souls is a very momentous moment in life. Before God, family, and friends, I will ask does anyone object to either of them committing to one another?” Rev. Terry asked.

That was a sore spot for both me and Tony. But as everyone here knew why we were here and they were here, no one said a word.

“Then we have to ask. Do you, Anthony Michelangelo Delveccio take this man, Mitchell Richard McKenzie to be your best friend, lover and unwavering trust as your soul mate for life in matrimony?” Rev. Pat asked.

Tony looked at me smiling. “I do.”

“And do you…” Rev. Terry asked. “…Mitchell Richard McKenzie take this man, Anthony Michelangelo Delveccio to be your best friend, lover and give you unwavering trust as your soul mate for life in matrimony?”

“I do,” I answered.

“Join hands.” Rev. Pat instructed. Which we did easily. “Mitchell, do you pledge before God, family, and friends here to take this man in matrimony, for richer, for poorer, for the good times and bad, in sickness and health, forsaking all others until death do you part?”

“Absolutely I do.” I nodded, causing Tony to chuckle.

“A simple I do was all that’s necessary,” Tony muttered to me.

“Not enough.” I shook my head.

“And do you, Anthony Michelangelo Delveccio, pledge before God, family, and friends to take this man, Mitchell Richard McKenzie in matrimony, for richer, for poorer, for the good times and bad, in sickness and health, forsaking all others until death do you part?” Rev. Terry asked.

Tony’s eyes glistened. “Wholeheartedly, I do.”

“Show off.” I grinned.

Rev. Terry turned to David, my cousin. “Tony’s ring?” David placed the ring in Terry’s hand. “This will be a symbol of their commitment. A ring, no beginning, no end, inscribed with Mitch’s name and the word forever inside.” She handed it to me. “Take his left hand and repeat.” Which I did. “With this ring, I pledge my life, love and unwavering trust to you.”

Now I was shaking, but, clearing my throat. “With this ring, I pledge my life, love and unwavering trust to you.” And I slid in on his ring finger. Tony rubbed his hand over his face to get rid of a tear that came.

Rev. Pat turned to Al. “And Mitch’s ring?”

Al put the ring in her hand.

“Also, in this ring, is Tony’s name and the word forever inside. Now take Mitch’s hand.” Rev. Pat instructed. “Repeat after me. With this ring, I pledge my life, love and unwavering trust to you.”

Tony had to blink, as I saw some more tears forming in his eyes. “With this ring, I pledge my life, love and unwavering trust to you.”

I had moved my engagement ring to my right hand, so he slid the wedding ring on my left.

“Now they have words for each other.” Rev. Pat said. “Tony.” She nodded at Tony.

He had to clear his throat again. But he looked directly in my eyes. “Mitch. What can I say? You met me when I was in a dark place. Not only because of what I’ve shared with you about what happened that day in September. But choices I made in life during the past, foolish ones that I should never have made. But you saw me. And since then, started to help me heal. You know me. You love me. You look at me with such love. You have consented to merge your life with mine, making it our life. I promise, when I wake up, you are the first thing on my mind. When I go to bed, you’re the last thing on my mind. I love you. We’ll be happy together, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure you’re happy, every day for the rest of my life. I swear it.”

Who doesn’t cry at weddings? Tony and I both were almost bawling.

“Now, Mitch.” Terry nodded.

“Tony.” I began, but it sort of broke up a little. I had to clear my throat again. “When I came in the church that day in April. Before I had even met you, I just saw you from the distance and deep inside, I knew…things were going to change with you. You’ve become part of me, a very important, powerful part, when not there, I can barely go on. My past is not without skeletons, but you found out what they were and didn’t run away. The fact that you love me, I’m humbled a great human being, a soul that’s so bright with good things, love and compassion like you have, you said…you’re the first thing I think of and see when I wake up. You’re the last thing I think of or see at night. I love you. We will work to build our lives together and be happy. I won’t promise to love you till we die. In the rings, we have forever written for a reason. I don’t know what lies for us after death. But I’m telling you, I will love you forever. What good will an afterlife be if we’re not together? We have a connection I promise, we will always have that connection, unending, not even in death. We will be together forever.”

Then Terry smiled. “And while this marriage doesn’t have the legal acceptance. We, Rev. Pat, and I tell you. What you have all just witnessed…”

Rev. Pat nodded. “For us, in our eyes. These two souls are married! You can kiss your new spouse.”

Tony leaned in, and I caught the scent! I mean he was one huge walking pheromone! It wasn’t that it was strong, it just seemed….everywhere! From his head and as far down as I could detect, he was all that smell and the cologne he wore I loved, seemed to be everywhere! My eyes must have told him I was picking the scent up. He grinned.

“Surprise.” Tony smiled. Then his lips touched mine in a gentle, loving, passionate kiss as everyone was now clapping, hooting and making noises of approval.

“I adore you.” I smiled at Tony, my hand coming up to allow my fingers in his hair.

“As I do you,” Tony said quietly.

Then we turned to the crowd as they were standing, still clapping enthusiastically and that beginning note sounded on the bagpipes, the drum sounded and they played out recessional. Tony and I joined hands and led the way down the aisle. Followed by our parents and witnesses.

Then came some things that were important, but a little annoying. Photos. We were directed back to the garden, where photos of me with my parents, Tony with his parents, Tony and me with our parents, the whole wedding party…it seemed every possible shot was taken.

Then we were allowed to go to our own reception. But of course, we had to greet everyone. A line was formed and one by one each came to congratulate us. Alan, my boss was there, so was Gilbert and some friends of Tony’s from New York, but then my teeth nearly fell out when I saw who was next. Jean was there!! Tony’s ex-wife!! And she was happy!

“Jean!” Tony said surprised.

She nodded with a chuckle. “I’m Nick’s plus one. Even though I was not necessarily invited.”

Tony looked at me, then at her. “We didn’t think…”

“Relax.” Jean smiled. “I think this is wonderful. We have a past, Tony. We created a life together. I will always be the past. Think of this is my way of closing the book about you and me. We’re both moving on.” She took my hand. “Mitch, you’re a great man. You and Tony are going to be so happy in the future. I could see the love between you two. I just wanted you to know, I think what you two have done, is…” she shrugged. “…it just was meant to be. Congratulations.” She kissed me on the cheek. Then moved to Tony. “I’m truly happy for you.” She kissed him on the cheek and left.

“Wow.” Was all I could say. Then the old me came back. “As long as she just tosses the rice when we leave and not fling it at us.”

Tony snickered.

Then I turned to Tony when the line lessened. “Now, explain to me…” I began pointing at him up and down. “…what you did.”

Tony laughed. “I did some research and found they have the cologne, but also make a body wash, deodorant and shampoo and conditioner. So, I literally bathed in it.”

I nodded. “Uh, huh. What are you trying to do, give me an erection in this thing?” I waved a little of the kilt. “Thank god it’s heavy.”

He grinned. “Are you telling me there’s nothing underneath to stop things from….rising?”

I shook my head. “Not a thing.”

He chuckled. “Interesting.” Then he gathered me in his arms. “Well, my intent was to allow you to sniff wherever you want later.”

“How can I not?”

 

Then the reception could begin in full. And when the song began. Very Gaelic sounding, The Dark Waltz, the words we both knew spoke of waltzing through destiny together. And that’s what we were doing. It was a light, almost haunting song as it began, Tony and I reaching for each other as we began to waltz. Soft. He and I had rehearsed what we were going to do, exchanging the lead as we danced. It wasn’t a frantic dance, nor was it rushed. But the next song was!

Now everyone was on the dance floor. Those that weren’t Baptist, that is. But I can’t say that for all Baptists, there were a few on the dance floor I knew were Baptist dancing. Baptists don’t drink or dance. Right.

To be fair, there were a lot of songs played that were a bit crazy. Rock, techno and all that. A few disco. Some definitely Italian. Everyone from Sinatra to Dean Martin. Then the music for the Tarantella began. I chuckled as Tony grabbed my hand and brought me in the circle. As always, it begins slowly as me, Tony and all of the Italian family, including Kathleen and Angelo began the dance as we circled. It was a tradition! I married an Italian! There were those that knew the dance that joined us and as it played, it got faster. Every Italian had this music at every celebration, it was considered the song of Italy. It was fun!

And the ever properly dressed Tony soon threw his coat off. But that made things worse for me. Now I could smell him even more!

It was about nine o’clock when the cake was wheeled out. It was big! Four different….things. Tiers? Not the elevated kind, but there were four of them with an almost creamy white frosting. The cascading leaves were the rainbow colored. And there at the top were our two grooms, one in black, the other in his kilt. No touching showed here. Another tradition was we, Tony and I, were to cut the cake and feed each other.

“One more time,” Tony warned. “No smearing the cake on me. Or I’ll pull your kilt up and show everyone what’s underneath.” He glared.

“Me?” I asked innocently.

Tony nodded. “Uh, huh.” He said doubtfully.

But the slice was made, we fed each other….no smearing. Cake was given and almost everything was done. The inside was done in layers, again, the same rainbow colors for the LGTB. We were gay!

         

We had a late flight to Atlanta, then to New York but the party was still going strong. As the time was approaching, Tony pulled me aside and pointed to his watch.

“Okay.” I nodded and we excused ourselves to the suite. But once I got him in the suite, I pushed him back to the bed. Then quickly got the lube.

“We’ve gotta change!” Tony protested lightly. “A plane to catch?”

“We have time.” I nodded unzipping his pants. “For tormenting me all night, you owe me.”

“I do, huh?” Tony grinned as I shoved his shirt aside. Then put my nose in his chest hair. “I take it this is what you need.”

I shook my head. “You know it isn’t.” I pushed his pants and boxers down. “This is what I need.” And engulfed his cock instantly. He let out a groan as he sat on the bed, taking me with him not breaking my consumption of him. Which as you now know was the worst thing I could do. Here his scent was coming up my nose, and sensations were shooting through me, making my already hard cock hurt! Then I growled and rolled him over. I don’t normally do him from behind. I liked face to face was preferred, but now it was urgent! Thank god I was wearing a kilt with nothing underneath. I didn’t have to undress!! I slathered lube on my aching cock and then entered him as gently as I could making Tony groan again! A few pumps to get started, even the hair on his head smelled good! My arms wrapped around him that he pulled even closer bring my arms in as I pumped. “I love you, Tony.”

“Thank god.” Tony chuckled. Then as I hit his prostate correctly, he let out a little cry. “I love you, Mitch. Now and forever!” Then the sensation was too much for him as he let out that long, guttural groan!

I came and came…I almost worried I couldn’t stop for a second. But so did Tony. Regulating my breath, I withdrew from him as he turned over, pulling me down to him.

“We’re never parting again,” Tony said. “Not for a single day.”

I shook my head. “Never.” I agreed, kissing him deeply.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

By far the best chapter written. I always get choked up on weddings. The vows are always what gets me. I am glad Jean approves of Mitch. I am in love with the story!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 01/04/2017 04:50 PM, Wesley8890 said:

By far the best chapter written. I always get choked up on weddings. The vows are always what gets me. I am glad Jean approves of Mitch. I am in love with the story!

That was my aim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hey! I'm not the only one to comment! ;-)

 

So even the ex-wife was there! What a thoughtful thing for Nick to do for both his mother and for Tony. Nick was channelling me when he wanted to peek under Mitch's kilt. ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/04/2017 05:16 PM, droughtquake said:

Hey! I'm not the only one to comment! ;-)

 

So even the ex-wife was there! What a thoughtful thing for Nick to do for both his mother and for Tony. Nick was channelling me when he wanted to peek under Mitch's kilt. ;-)

And now you know what was under the kilt. The real "Jean" was also as understanding when I married her ex-husband. Again, this story was based on what really happened. I was stunned.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A beautiful wedding and some hot sex! Another great chapter. Gotta love these guys and their amazing relationship. Even more when you realize they are based on real people and events. Thank you. Jeff

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Just as lovely as the day should be, solemn vows and a great party afterwards. And ever marriage has to be consummated!:2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..