Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,938 Words
  • 5,643 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 5. Chapter 5

I was whistling again at work. I was almost never unhappy, but never just happy. That got me a few stares and curious looks as I went through my day. As I walked past the General Manager’s office toward my own I get…

“McKenzie!” He barked.

I backpedaled and peered in his office. “Belosik.” Using the same tone he had, only mine was with a smile, not the fake gruffness his had.

He motioned me in, which of course I did. “Out with it.” He ordered. “You’ve been very happy this week. Care to share?” He grinned.

Alan liked to be seen as tough as nails, but I knew it was all for show. “Is there something wrong with being very happy?”

He was in his early forties and not an ugly man, dark hair that he struggled to keep on his head and blue eyes, but never once did it cross my mind to have anything other than a friendly work relationship.

He chuckled and leaned back. “Not really, but I’m suspicious of happy workers.” He grinned, then leaned forward. “If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were in love.”

My mouth dropped open and acted like I was surprised. “How could you even think…I would never…”

“Oh, cut the crap,” Alan growled. “You’ve met someone. I can tell.” Then he grinned bigger. “Is she pretty?”

The thing was, I never said anything about myself too personal. No one knew who I dated, or even if I did date. They knew I was divorced, but that was a matter of public record. I smiled back. “You’ll find out eventually, but, yes. But you’ll have to wait for details.” I grinned and walked out of his office.

“That’s not fair!”

I grinned as I went to my office.

 

It was about 2:30 pm, and I should have known it would happen. I was going through the upcoming reservations for the day and the next day because of my day off. Shelley was working on another computer at the front desk beside me. That’s when Tony walked in. My smile was on my face immediately. Dressed like he always did, designer clothes, nice slacks, and a nice shirt, his favorite color was light blue. I figured that out since that was the color choice he almost inevitably picked. Shelley looked up and I saw her turn the charm on with her smile. She was blonde, petite and single in her early thirties. Pretty, if you’re into women. Which obviously, I wasn’t.

“Welcome to Historic Charleston’s Towne Center.” She said sweetly. But her face told me she was interested. Who wouldn’t be, he was gorgeous! But you know my interest there.

Tony nodded to her but looked at me with a smile. “I’m sorry to come to your place of employment, Mitch, but I didn’t get the code for the alarm system.”

I nodded at him. “Sure.” I got a piece of paper and wrote it quickly. “You’ll need the key.” I motioned for him to come back to where my office was. I opened the door that was there to normally keep guests and others out of the back corridor and offices. Damn! He was wearing that cologne again. He’d gone back to his son’s apartment and changed. “It’s not nice to tease me.”

Tony grinned. “How am I doing that?” He chuckled as he followed me, but he knew what he had done in spite of his innocent act.

I let him in my office, then pulled him behind the door where I kissed him passionately, my arms bringing him even closer. “You know what you did,” I growled. “And how crazy it can make me,” I said as I inhaled his wonderful scent.

He smiled pushing me back to my desk where I had to stop as he kissed me equally with passion. “I wanted to see if it was true, or was it all in your head.”

I pushed him back. “Does that matter? It obviously works!”

Some psychologists would say I did it on purpose on some level. Maybe I did. I didn’t close the door. Tony was continuing to kiss me, pulling me closer as I heard someone come in.

“Mitch, about these…” I heard Shelley’s voice say, then her eyes widened as she gasped. “I’m sorry! So sorry.” She almost walked out. Then stopped, turning angrily. “It figures! All the great looking guys are either married or gay!” She walked out, not quite slamming the door.

Tony frowned. “We should have closed the door.”

I grinned. “Are you kidding?” I went back to the door and locked it. “This is great! My boss was asking why I was so happy this week and knew there was someone in my life now and wanted details.” I waved at the door and the departed Shelley. “This is better than a hotel memo or even email! It’ll be all over this hotel in minutes!!”

Tony chuckled. “And you don’t mind?”

“Mind!?” I asked. “I love it!” Then I walked toward him. “Do you need to be anywhere in the next few minutes?” I asked undoing his belt.

He shook his head. “No.” He was smiling.

“Well, I’m due a break. I’ll take it with you!” I said pulling his zipper down. “If you have the time.”

He chuckled. “I’ll make the time.” He kissed me hard as I pushed his pants and underwear down. I knelt down, inhaling his musk. Which made my already hard cock even harder.

“I don’t know what it is, but you crank me up more than anyone ever has,” I confessed. “And since you’re the only Italian in my life ever, and the fact I love you, I can attribute that to both. That black hair, the scent is so strong.”

He was groaning as I worked, his hands pulling to take more of him. But I was already deep throating him. “So glad I can broaden your horizons.” He managed hoarsely, then he couldn’t talk, the moaned louder and came. He brought me up. Kissing me again. “Now, I need to pay you back for making you crazy.” He grinned, and he knelt down and did the same for me. My fingers ran through his soft hair until I came. Then Tony rose with a grin. “Is that better?”

I chuckled, hugging him tightly. “Much better.” Then let him go a little. “We don’t have time for more.”

Tony shrugged. “We have the rest of our lives.” He chuckled. “I just hope the groceries I got are okay being in the car.”

“Groceries!?”

He shrugged. “You need more than frozen pizza! I got groceries. Now, I’ll be back before you get off to give you the key.”

I shook my head, pulling my keys out of my pocket. “Just be there to let me in.” I pulled my house key off. Then I pulled my pants up and hooked them back, tucking my shirttail in.

"You had these in your pockets the whole time. The reason I was brought in here was to do...what we just did." He grinned as he tucked his own shirttail in. “I always will be there.” He kissed me as he took the key. Then he brightened. “I think I may have found our new home!”

I grinned. “That’s great!” But I looked at the clock. “You’ll have to tell me later and show me tomorrow. I need to go back to work.” I brushed at his hair to get it back in place.

Tony nodded. “Of course.” He unlocked my door and we went into the hall and of course, Alan was walking past.

“Oh, Alan.” I stopped my boss. “This is Tony Delveccio.” I motioned toward Tony. Then I smiled at Tony. “My life partner.” I watched as Alan began my introduction with a polite smile like he was a potential client. Then when I said “life partner” his face went from surprise and shock to a nodding understanding. “Tony, my boss, Alan Belosik. General Manager.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Alan greeted with a smile shaking Tony’s hand. “Now I understand why you didn’t tell me details.” Alan smiled at me. “But, and forgive me, but you’re not a local.”

Tony shook his head. “I’m from New York City. But I will be a local from now on.”

Alan nodded, his smile broadening. “New York City. I’d love to live there.”

“It helps to be rich to live there.” Tony chuckled. “I miss some things. There is something to do any time of day or night and some excellent restaurants, but I’m giving Charleston a chance.”

Alan nodded. “Well, welcome to Charleston.” And he headed to his office.

Tony smiled at me. “He seemed okay with it.”

I shrugged. “Of course he is. He’s gay.”

“A gay man in the hotel business?” Tony shook his head. “Imagine that.”

“I’m surprised when they aren’t!”

Yes, I did it on purpose, I walked him into the lobby and kissed him good-bye, loving that it was aggravating Shelley. I turned to her. “Sorry.” I shrugged. I wasn’t sorry.

 

But Tony got more than groceries, I come home to find a couple of suitcases and a hanging garment bag.

“Wow.” I looked at the two suitcases.

Tony came in the living room smiling. “Where should I put them? Is there a closet or attic I should put these in?”

I shrugged. “It’s a two-bedroom house, use the other bedroom.” I grinned at him. “I love you moving in.”

He kissed me. “I love we’re moving out.” He thumbed away.

I chuckled. “Wait until we tell Terry.” I shook my head.

“Terry? You mean the pastor? Why?”

“The joke is that the lesbians here are more dramatic than we, the gay men are,” I explained. “The joke is, they meet on Monday, they move in together on Tuesday, they adopt a pet on Wednesday, they argue on Thursday and breakup on Friday.” I watched his eyes widen.

“Well, I have to admit, the lesbians here are a bit different.” Then he looked angry almost. “And who told anyone here about fashion? In New York, all the men look like they’ve come off runways. The women there are classy and well dressed. Here they look like they came off the turnip truck!” He grimaced. “Where are those stupid rule makers about that? Are there no Fashion Police?”

I shook my head. “Now I see it.” I grinned. “You are gay!”

His eyebrows rose. “Why? Because I like to look nice!?” He shook his head. “Compared what I’ve seen, you dress up!!”

I chuckled. “I wear jeans and t-shirts when not at work.”

“But not on Sunday, and never to church! They wear sandals and shorts!!”

I chuckled. “Well then, you take the job as Fashion Patrol.”

Tony nodded. “I should!”

“So, you don’t mind me wearing my wranglers or levis?” I asked.

His face softened. “That’s who you are.” He shrugged. “And wouldn’t change you, nor will I try.” He hugged me. “I like who you are, and I love you, just as you are.”

I smiled enjoying the contact, loving how he felt next to me. “I’m glad.” Then grinned. “Many have tried to change me. None have succeeded.” Then I kissed him. He was still wearing his cologne. I took his hand. “What time are we meeting Nick?”

“We have a few hours,” Tony said. “He gets off at ten.”

I smiled. “Good. We can do more in these few hours.” I grinned pulling him toward the bedroom. “What we didn’t have time for earlier today.”

Tony came with me willingly. And he came a few more times in the bedroom! I did, too.

 

We left earlier than when to go meet Nick to get something for us to eat.

“What do you feel like?” Tony asked as he drove.

I thought a minute. “I have a hankerin’….”

Tony’s eyes widened. “A hankerin’? That sounds serious. Now you tell me? You’re sick. I hope it’s not too serious. But with modern medicine, I’m sure they have a pill for that.” But his face said he was joking.

I rolled my eyes. “I have a craving.” I corrected.

He grinned. “Uh, huh. A little Southernism?”

I shrugged. “Get used to it. I am Southern.” Then I grinned. “Do you like barbeque?”

He looked at me. “I love to barbeque, but you mean that as a noun, not a verb.”

I nodded. “It is a noun.”

He shrugged. “Why not? Where to?”

I gave him directions and we drove in. “You’ll notice, this place is better than where I took you for seafood.”

He grinned. “They have plates? As in made of china? Not paper.”

“And matching tables!” I grinned at him. “No chairs though.”

“No chairs!?”

“They have booths that have benches.” I grinned as his eyes widened again.

“Benches.” He nodded, again he had the tone of resolve.

I leaned over and kissed him still not sure face. “Relax, I’ll make a Southerner out of you yet.”

He gave a grudging nod. “I’m not so sure that’s possible.” Then he turned. “Could I change you into a Yankee?”

I grinned. “I don’t think so.”

He waved at me as he presented the example. “See? There you go.”

I brought his forehead to mine. “Trust me?”

He sighed. “I love you. I guess I’ll have to.”

I laughed at him. “I’ve not steered you wrong. I promise. And they have these huge onion rings.” I held up my hands where my fingers didn’t come close to touching but made a big O.

He grinned. “Looks about the size of a New York Bagel.” He opened his door and we got out.

“Bagels,” I said doubtfully. “I’ve had bagels, what’s the big deal?”

He threw his arm around my shoulder. “If you ask that question, you don’t know.” He claimed. “We have them in Manhattan…H&H Bagels, in my opinion, are the best…they’re huge! But I tell you…you’d give away state secrets to get another after you had just one!” He did what I’d seen only on TV where he kissed the tips of his hand in a gesture I’d seen Italians do. “Il meglio! They’re so good.” When he spoke of New York his accent became more pronounced.

“Nothing like they have here, then?”

He waved that notion away. “What do the people here know of bagels?” Then he grinned. “Now, when we go to New York…I still have family there, you know? We sort of have to.” Then he was back to what he was going to say. “I promise, when we’re there, I’ll make sure you have an authentic New York bagel. Then you tell me. And none of this blueberry or flavored crap they have, but an authentic New York bagel.” He leaned in kissing me on the temple just as we reached the door and a man and his wife were coming out. She gasped and he just looked disgusted.

“Faggots.” The man said in clear distaste.

Tony looked at the man, irritated. “Was I kissing you?” Tony demanded. “Did it look like I would even think about kissing you?”

The man shook his head and took his wife’s hand and walked off.

“What I am and who I am is none of your business!” Tony all but shouted. “Allocco!” And gestured what I assumed was the Italian or New York Italian version of flipping him the bird.

I took Tony’s hand and pulled him into the restaurant. But I didn’t care about the man making Tony upset. The gay and lesbian community has done a lot of crazy things to get people to see us as just people. There were some that just wasn’t going to see it and never would. I cared that the man thought it was okay what he’d said to us without thought.

I pulled Tony to the area where we placed our orders. Then we sat and waited in a booth for our orders to be made.

Tony grimaced. “I’m sorry about that. He just…sort of got to me.”

Taking his hand, I nodded. “I wish it didn’t happen, but it will happen again.” I laughed. “This is the Bible Belt. It will happen. But what did you call him?”

Tony grinned. “It could have been worse. I just called him a jerk.” Then Tony said something I knew wasn’t Italian, but Yiddish. “It’s so much fercockt.”

“See? That I know.” I grinned. “Now I know that’s not Italian, but Yiddish.”

Tony laughed with me. “In my neighborhood, you just sort of pick it up. Where I grew up, we were half Italian and half Jewish. In fact, when there was ever a Jewish Holiday, we didn’t have to go to school either, half the students would be gone.” Then he chuckled. “And how do you know? I assumed you Southerners assimilated them, too.”

I shook my head. “Oh, no. Now that’s the one thing I’m proud of, the Jewish Community is alive and well here. I had a few friends that were Jewish growing up. We have them in the mountains.”

I heard our order called and went to get our food. Tony looked in disbelief as I put in front of him. He picked up an onion ring.

“You’re right.” He nodded. “It’s huge.”

“I promise to try a New York bagel. You have to try one of these.” I said reaching for a bottle of barbeque sauce. “But it’s best if you dip them in one of these. My favorite is the Sweet Southern Mustard Sauce. That’s what’s in the barbeque you’re going to eat.” I took a little cup and poured some for him. “So either break the ring, which I can never do as the onion is kind of stringy. Then dip an end in and eat it.”

You’d have thought I’d asked him to eat a bug! But he did it, then bit tentatively. Then I watched his eyebrows rise in surprise. Then he munched more willingly. “Not bad.” He nodded. “It’s pretty good, in fact.” Then he looked at the sandwich that dripped shredded pork and stained yellow from the sauce. “This is huge, too.”

I nodded eagerly biting into mine. “But delicious!”

He shrugged. “Okay.” He picked it up and ate again, then nodded. “Okay, it’s good. Messy, but good.” He chuckled, then pointed to me his face serious. “But I’m never going to a buffet. You Southerners are big into those.”

This really surprised me. “Why not?”

“Two words,” Tony said. “Sneeze, guard.” Then he nodded. “I’m not eating where they have to protect you from sneezes. Or any other hands in….well...everything.”

I chuckled, but he was serious. “Okay. I’ll remember that.” Then as we continued our meal. “I know we don’t really know each other yet.” But I hurried on. “I know you have an ex-wife, you know I do have one, too. I know you have a son. But I don’t know about you’re other family. Mother, father, brothers, sisters…”

Tony nodded. “I have all those, except the brother part. I don’t have one of them.” He said calmly. “My mother and father still live in Queens. I have two older sisters.” Then he grinned as barbeque sauce threatened to drip from his mouth. He wiped his face quickly. “I’m the baby.”

I chuckled from the way he said that. “I see.”

“There’s Louise and Kathy.” He continued. “Kathy’s married and lives near Babylon, that’s on Long Island. Her husband’s a doctor. She’s a nurse in charge of patients at a retirement village. He’s a general practitioner. Now, Louise married a Canadian and lives in Montreal. They both have two children, boys, and girls, one of each for either. Papa’s retired from the docks. Mama is a nurse, too. She’s still working. She said she was retiring next year, but I don’t think so. She has too much energy.”

I grinned at Tony. “I think I’ve seen this show before.”

Tony smiled. “As in TV show?”

I nodded. “A father working on the docks and a family. They all know you’re gay?”

He nodded. “Oh, yeah.” He waved concern about that away. “When Mama heard, she cried for a week. Papa was angry for a while, but they’re fine with it now. So are my sisters and brothers-in-law.” Then his eyes glistened. “But they might have a problem with you.”

“Why with me?” But I knew he was mostly kidding.

“You don’t speak Italian! You’ll have to learn some before we go there.” He chuckled. “There are some things you need to know, too.”

“As in?” I asked smiling.

“It’s okay to interrupt if you don’t, no one’s going to give you a chance or wait for you to speak.” Tony smiled. “Sunday meals last pretty much all day!”

“All day!?”

“The afternoon, yes. You go to Mass, come home, the meal’s cooked and we start eating about three pm. And finish, if we’re lucky by nine pm. And in that time, you have to listen to all the conversations, and there will be many all at the same time. The girls will be having one, then one with Mama, the men will be having one, then Mama and Papa would have one.” He grinned and his eyes glistened again. “And you’re expected to keep up with all of them!” Then he laughed. “Now Al, that’s Kathy’s husband doesn’t speak Italian and neither does Mike, that’s Louise’s husband, in fact, he speaks English and French, there is some consideration for those two. Having married into the family, there will be some explanations because Mama and Papa will often use phrases in Italian, which of course, Kathy, Louise and I understand it.” He chuckled. “You’ll just be a son-in-law.”

All during his conversation about his family, I saw warmth and got a sense of closeness. They loved each other. “But they would be okay with you bringing home a boyfriend?”

Tony bowed his head a little but smiled. “Papa will be sort of stand-offish at first. But he will warm up soon enough. Mama will feed you to death. Her way of showing love.” He chuckled. “Kathy and Louise will love you. Mike and Al will, too.”

I smiled at that. “They love you.”

Tony nodded. “Of course.”

I felt a pang of sadness. “I envy that for you.”

He frowned. “You don’t think your parents love you?”

“That’s what’s hard to understand,” I said. “I think they do.”

“You think they love you!?” Tony asked confused, but he couldn’t understand it.

I shrugged. “It’s taken me a while, but I have to say they do,” I said helplessly.

Tony shook his head. “But you don’t know.”

I sighed. “Look, I told you before, when I told them I was gay at sixteen, I was rushed to this quack to cure me.” I shook my head. “They believe what they believe so much, they must have been scared not only for my immortal soul but for my life. It was called Aversion Therapy.”

Tony was having a hard time with this. “But to stick electrodes on you and if you become aroused you get shocked?”

I nodded. “And it worked…for a while. Then the headaches and problems….either I accepted I was gay or if not I’d die. They even convinced me, if I was gay, I would die of AIDS or something like that. But as the years went on, I knew I would die if I weren’t.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That's an interesting way to get the news out about the guy you're dating!

 

I dated an Italian guy from New Jersey for a short time. He fit the stereotypes of both Italians and New Jerseyans: he was kind of crude, much too aggressive, and too loud for me. I'm sure there are plenty of Italians and New Jerseyans who aren't like that, but he certainly was.

 

While I'm making metro New Yorkers angry with me, I have to say that I prefer Chicago-style Stuffed Pizza over fold-it-over-and-shove-it-in-your-mouth pizza. (For those who don't know, Stuffed Pizza is not the same as either deep-dish pizza or the stuffed-crust travesties sold by race-to-the-bottom chains.)

Link to comment

Been away, and just now discovering this tale--and loving it! Really enjoy the differences in the characters, and learning about their families in this chapter is a great setup for the future of the story.
You've done well!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/11/2016 at 10:55 PM, R. Eric said:

It's been interesting since I married an Italian from New York. I've had thick crust in Chicago, he won't touch it. I love Italian Sausage, he claims no Italian would make it. I tell him the pizza is just a format, people will put on it what they like. He threatens to leave me if I don't give in. We've been together many years, he's not going anywhere. And I remind him often. I'm NOT ITALIAN!!

I think it’s significant that California is well-known as the home of fusion cooking. Blends of influences from all over the world in a single meal or dish. They aren’t ‘authentic’, but they are something new and more interesting.

Link to comment

Great chapter and story so far, I know it’s a great story as I have read it before and loved it, that’s why I’m changing my reaction from like to love. I understand that Tony and Mitch have only known each other for less than a week and they’re already moving on with the relationship, with Tony moving in and then they’ll move from Mitch’s place to a new one that suits them both. I love it that Tony thought it was best for Mitch to meet his son Nick. I hope they get along well with each other. I’m hoping for both families to fall in love with the choice of life partner they have chosen. I think I need to get on to the next chapter.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

kissed him still not sure face ---  kissed his still not sure face

Pretty, if you’re into women. Which obviously, I wasn’t. . . . Do I detect the author slipping in a gay pun here?

or was it all in your head   or was it all in my head

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..