Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,271 Words
  • 4,075 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 64. Chapter 64

Finding what to do was proving a little challenging. I spend a few days not doing anything and it didn't take long before it began driving me crazy! The first day not having to get up at any particular time was great. It was nice the second day and sort of became…nowhere to be again? I’ve got to find something to do!

Tony, of course, spent time with me, but he still had a job. There were clients he met with and went in a few times to meet with them and promised he’d be gone only a few minutes, but he’d be gone several hours. He was a popular man who knew how to make money and everyone wanted to talk with him.

I was fine with it all, but finding what I could do during the day was a challenge. Alik was with Mrs. Cummings in the day. David was at school and the condo was big! Sasha was lining up school and had other things to do. I did find some causes I could work for and I did volunteer for a couple of those. I was beginning to feel like what David kidded me with becoming…a rich wife having a day with the girls.

I tried to do things, like making dinner for everyone a few nights. I could cook.

There were events that Tony had occasionally that came up and normally I was working and couldn’t go to a lot of them, but when he mentioned one a client was having an event and I jumped on it.

“A dinner party?” I repeated what Tony said.

“This Friday night.” Tony nodded. “You’re coming with me?” He asked surprised.

I frowned. “I would have been working that day and not gotten home in time before,” I growled. “I’m going stir crazy! I can make nice just like everyone else!”

Tony chuckled. “You make nice very well. It might be a little stuffy.” He warned. “The Dixons. Very wealthy. Old money.”

I shrugged. “Old money, new money…I don’t care.” Then I looked at him. “They do know you’re married.”

Tony nodded sitting by me on the bed. “Of course they do.”

I nodded. “To a man.” I clarified.

Tony shrugged. “It’s never really come up, but it’s on my profile.”

I sat back. “Wait, you have a profile to sell stocks and do investments!?”

Tony kissed me chuckling again. “Naturally, most people see is how much I’ve made other people and come salivating to me. Bill Dixon is only interested in how much I can make him. And I made him a lot! His wife, Deidra Dixon will be there and I sort of have to be there.” He shrugged a nod.

“And you’ve told me about it why?” I asked.

Tony shrugged then raised his eyes to heaven for God to give him patience. “I offered you an invitation to go. I always do!” He said logically, but his eyes narrowed. “I won’t lose a client because he finds out I’m gay.” He kissed me more intently. “I love you, Mitch! I’m proud of you always, you know that. If William or Deidra Dixon have a problem with it, that’s their problem. We were both invited.”

“Oh?”

Tony gave another shrugging a nod. “Well, me and plus one. You are always my plus one.” He kissed me holding up his left hand and wiggled his wedding ring.

“So, what’s the dress for this dinner party?”

Tony chuckled. “Sort of dressy.” He waved his hand back and forth. “Go in jeans, I don’t care.”

“Yes, you do!” I said. “I’ll be a reflection of you! I know how you love what you do and how important your image is. I want to be the life mate you’re proud of…”

Tony grabbed me and kissed me if only to stop my rant. “I’ve always been proud of you. You know that.”

My fingers went in his hair I loved and the tickle I liked as my fingers ran through it. “I know, but I want to do this. For you.”

Tony smiled. “Okay. There’s that great outfit we bought you Milan! I don’t think you’ve worn it even once!”

I chuckled. “Well, I wasn’t wearing it to Bessenger’s when we get barbeque. That’s not a good reason.”

“Well, now you have a good reason.” He said logically. “Too bad we haven’t gone to Milan yet, but you’ve got something great to wear.” He put his forehead against me. “I love you.”

Who wouldn’t love this man? I sure did. Putting my arms around him I kissed him deeply as I pulled us both down pulling the man even closer if that were physically possible.

I don’t normally worry about these things, but…I scheduled an appointment. I never did the whole…salon thing. And by that I mean, the manicure…who does that!? And ladies…and gentlemen who had them, those HURT! I don’t care how good your hands looked afterward, it hurt! They exfoliated with this wax thing and then soaked my hands in this stuff that smelled minty. Then cut, pushed back or whatever and I don’t know how you people put up with it! I had the same done with my face as they wrapped my face with this stuff, put some goop on and then peeled it away in a half an hour, then waxed my eyebrows. Nothing was going to be waxed below the belt, let me set that straight. And I didn’t have the Einstein eyebrows where the eyebrows went everywhere in the first place, but they were trimmed and shaped. Then the hair was washed, cut, conditioned. I was nearly exhausted when they finally finished. I used a fingernail clipper, a nail file when needed and did my own shampoo and conditioner was just fine, but I wanted Tony happy having me with him, so I did it! No one could doubt I loved Tony after this. I got home and dressed knowing Tony was coming to change and we would go. So, when he got home and I heard when he entered.

“Just give a chance to change and….” He said as he entered the bedroom and froze looking at me. His mouth dropped open and his eyes grew as he actually dropped his briefcase on the floor. “Holy SHIT!!”

I hoped he’d like what he saw, but… “I hope that’s a good holy shit.”

He grinned as he walked toward me and just circled me slowly. “Damn! Holy shit and Oh My GOD!!” He reached and stopped as if afraid to touch me. “You look….SPECTACULAR!” Then he held his hand up and added quickly. “You always do, but now…” He waved over me. “…this is…you’re still you, but…WOW!!” Then he risked touching me. “You’re beautiful, Mitch. You always were, but now…you’re just breathtaking!”

I grinned. “I’ll be on your arm, how could I be anything else?” I asked kissing him as my arms came around him. “I love you, Tony. This is what you do for a living and you do it damned well. If by dressing better and getting all this shit done to make people take notice of you. I do it with no regrets.”

Tony hugged me tightly. “I love you, Mitch.” He kissed me again.

Then I pushed him back a little. “But understand! Tomorrow, the Levis, sneakers and t-shirt are back on.”

Tony chuckled. “That’s who you are and the man I married. In fact, I’ll be sure to wear jeans, sneakers, and t-shirt…tomorrow.” Then he kissed me again quickly. “I’ve gotta change.”

He changed quickly into a more casual suit like I was and then we were off. So let me explain a little. You all know I wasn’t fond of Mt. Pleasant because of traffic problems and other issues. It was growing more and more, but there’s Mt. Pleasant and Old Mt. Pleasant. Old Mt. Pleasant was the original Mt. Pleasant. To live there now, you had to have money. The homes were older and some nearly a hundred years or more. We went to Old Mt. Pleasant that was near the entrance to Charleston by sea. With some modern additions to homes they were…stately. The home of the Dixons was just that sort of home. Not necessarily big, but it spoke of opulence and elegance. The yard was cut and manicured with roses and other flowering plants throughout the yard. It was well-lit for guests to see. Once at the front door, even the doorbell had more than just a “ding dong.” The woman that answered was not the host or hostess, from her black dress and white apron said she was a servant. Maid? She motioned for us to come in with a wave and we did.

We entered as some guests were gathered having their drinks and eating little things from trays that were carried by other people in those black uniforms that were staff both male and female.

A man in his middle to late fifties with white hair looked up with a smile. “Tony! Glad you could make it.” He looked over to a woman. “Deidra, come meet Tony Delveccio!”

A woman in her early fifties, elegantly dressed in her…it was nothing short of a gown…with blonde to whitish hair done up on her head came over. She had on diamonds that sparkled on her neck and ears.

Bill Dixon smiled shaking Tony’s hand as his wife came over. “Deidra, this is Tony Delveccio, the man that helped me make a small fortune!”

The woman smiled nodding, but her eyes narrowed as they traveled to me questioningly.

“That’s my job.” Tony smiled. “Thank you for inviting us.” Then he put his hand around me. “This is my husband Mitch McKenzie.” He said proudly.

Bill wasn’t bothered and shook my hand readily. It was Mrs. Dixon that was surprised and…well…she wasn’t happy to hear it but shook my hand because it was the polite thing to do. “It’s nice to meet you both.” She said. Her eyes traveled over me from head to foot again. Only a woman and gay man would do that.

“Come meet some more of my guests!” Bill said happily and led us to meet others.

There was wealthy and there was stuffy. Most of these guests were both! No sharp Southern accents here. If anything, most had that…South of Broad from Charleston accent. If you were really old money in Charleston, that was where you came from. And believe me when I tell you, there is a marked difference.

It was later when Deidra came over. “That’s a very nice outfit you have on.”

I looked down at what I was wearing. “Thank you.”

Then she shook her head. “Times have really changed. It used to be no one…like you and Tony would set foot in this house. I’m not trying to be rude. I think that’s brave of you.”

I smiled at her attempt to tell me Tony and I was lucky to be allowed in her home. “Well, times are changing.” I raised my glass of iced tea. “Just like this tea. I can remember a time when you couldn’t pay me to drink iced tea made with water from Mt. Pleasant. I’m not trying to be rude either, but the water here smelled and tasted like urine, making the tea taste awful, but now you have city water so it’s good now. Times are changing. It’s a good thing we’ve evolved.” I smiled as Tony was waving me over. “My husband is asking for me. Excuse me. Oh, this outfit we got in Milan, Italy if you want to know. We’re going back in a few weeks to prepare our cruise on the Queen Mary. Have you been on that ship?”

Her eyes widened and then narrowed. “No.”

“Maybe you should since according to your husband, you made a small fortune with Tony’s help.” I smiled and walked over to Tony.

The rest of the evening was pretty good. I could mix and small talk as needed and I want to say we had a good time, but that would be a lie. It wasn’t unpleasant is all I could say. Mrs. Dixon didn’t have a word to say to me until we said good-bye. I was fine with that.

 

Tony smiled as I slipped off my shoes to put in the closet. “You were amazing tonight.”

I smiled as he sat by me to do the same as he took his shoes off. “I hope so.”

Tony leaned into me kissing me. “Thank you for coming with me. You were a big hit.” He said pulling my jacket off. “Now, for the moment I’ve waited for since I first came home.” He grinned pulling my tie off and unbuttoning my shirt.

I chuckled. “Since you first came home?” I grinned as I did the same for him. “You don’t have to now.”

“I’ve wanted to do this as soon as I saw you.” He said pulling my shirt open and his hands traveled in over my skin as he kissed me deeply, passionately and lovingly. “Let’s make love.”

I grinned as I kissed him back pulling him down on top of me. “What took you so long?” My hands pushed his shirt off. “I love you, Tony. With all my heart.”

He nodded as his nose ran over my face and neck as his lips went from my lips down to my neck. “I know you do.” He whispered. “I love you.”

I loved his weight on me. “I know.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 47
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sasha was ling up school and had things to do. What is Sasha doing?

 

I was beginning to feel like what David kidded me with becoming…a rice wife having a day with the girls. A rice wife?

 

Tony shrugged then raised his eyes to heaven for Devine patience. Divine.

 

Nothing was going to waxed below the belt, let me set that straight. Going to be waxed… (Awwww! I’m still going to imagine you getting very sensitive places waxed anyway!)

 

He asked kissing him as my arms came around him. I asked.

 

“If by dressing better and getting all this shit done to make people take notice of you. I do it with no regrets.” “…done will make people take notice of you, I do it…” (That’s a comma I put there.)

 

Only a woman and gay man would do that. Or.

 

I suppose you’ve been told you can be a b¡t¢h when you want to be!  ;-)

Link to comment
Just now, Daddydavek said:

  

I thought he was doing a little more than teasing with some of the pointed barbs, especially about the water......

 

He, he, yeah I loved that one too. :lol: 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

To insult someone with a smile and exitement takes me around the bend!???. Well done Mitch I'm proud of you!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..