Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 8,453 Words
  • 3,434 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Perfect Son - 4. Chapter 4

David meets Brad's family.

Now, there is something to be said about calling down when you get up and ordering breakfast. I mean, anything they have on the menu, why not? But I think they made sure whatever they thought someone up here would order, they had it ready and on hand. I ordered a Southwestern Omelet and Brad had a short stack of pancakes and applewood bacon. And a huge pot of premium coffee. Not just any coffee. No. Let’s just say…Starbucks would have been jealous! Apple juices and two glasses of milk. Brad loved milk as much as I did. That could be tricky keeping us supplied, but then again we didn’t have to worry about the supply. They had to have it downstairs, so not my problem. It was delicious. And to clean up, we simply put the dishes back on the dumbwaiter and send it back down. That could be the problem. It could become an addiction easily.

“Let’s go shopping,” Brad announced suddenly out of the blue. Then he leaned into me. “When I say this, you’ll know I’m telling the truth. I am not ashamed of being with you. I would and could never be ashamed of you. But I worry how my family…correction…how my mother will receive you. I think your appearance is gorgeous. But if going shopping and getting you something to wear…something to make less of what she can harp on, the better.”

He was really worried about this. “Okay. Where should we go?”

He grinned. “This is New York City. The choices are limitless.”

“Okay.” I fingered my ear and the feather. “Should I take this out?”

He looked horrified. “No! Absolutely not! That’s you. In fact, I want you to put that Star of David in above it. That’s also you.”

 

Brad and I did go shopping and I have no idea how much was spent, but the clothes didn’t have price tags, meaning, if you had to ask. You couldn’t afford it.

We opted not to go to the Fireman’s Pole that night. We needed rest for the next day. We did walk through the city and Central Park. Even took a carriage ride through the park, it was very nice. But he was getting more anxious and tightlipped. And I just let him. It was going to be a hard thing in the morning.

 

The next morning, he really didn’t talk at all. Again, I just let him have his time with his thoughts. He didn’t even eat much. And he had another surprise, but I kept my mouth shut about it. The penthouses had garages in the garage. Parking was hard enough in Manhattan and people were paying as much for a parking space as they were houses in Fontana! When we took the elevator to the underground garage Brad walked to a section of the garage where Brad pressed on a remote and the door rose. I was nearly fainting when I saw what was there. He had a black Astin Martin Vanquish. And beside that was a Range Rover SUV. I might have enjoyed it more if we weren’t going to do a dire task.

We pulled into a gated community complete with a guard gate with a real live guard. He asked where we were going and called…whomever. I guess the house. He gave Brad’s name and of course, we were allowed in.

Have you ever seen the movie The Stepford Wives? Not the 1975 version, which in my opinion was the best. Katherine Ross! She tempted me! The new one with Nicole Kidman? I swear we were there, in that very neighborhood. The houses along the bright morning streets, with trees getting ready for Fall and shaded the lanes. It was too perfect! Just like in the movie! While these homes weren’t mansions, they weren’t tiny. An acre or two lots all perfectly manicured. Then we pulled into a rounded drive and parked near the steps to the front door.

Brad sighed, looking up and seeing a dark redheaded woman, looking anxiously at the car, which had tinted glass, thank god.

The other odd thing was this woman, girl really, didn’t run to the car. Her fiancé had just returned after weeks of being gone with no contact and she didn’t show the sort of reaction about his return as I would have expected. She did look a little worried but remained where she was on the front doorway.

I took Brad’s hand as he was about to open his door. With a squeeze to show some solidarity, he got the message and nodded to me with a weak smile.

I didn’t get out. This was not about me. Not exactly. So, I stayed put, but I can tell you what I saw and what was being said was obvious.

She did hug him lightly. This was his fiancé!? The woman who was supposed to marry him? No attempt at a kiss. Her comments were easy to read. Are you okay? His nod and said we need to talk. Her listening when he said he wanted to call off the wedding. Her question There’s someone else, isn’t there? He nodded and something else, but her reaction was very subtle and she didn’t scream or shout. She didn’t even look that mad or surprised. She was about to take the ring off when Brad stopped her. Telling her to keep it. It was his breach of promise, not hers. She stopped and leaned to him and then kissed him. On the cheek. And with that, she went back inside and closed the door. That was it!?

The tightness I felt, I realized I had been holding my breath and hadn’t realized it. I gasped. He got back in and smiled a little brighter, but still not himself. The worst was yet to come. We crossed the state line into Connecticut. It was a short drive and now I was even more flabbergasted. He stopped at a gate where he pressed something and a large decorative gate swung lazily open. The wooded road he pulled into was long and well maintained. No sign of the house yet. Then a break of the trees and there it was. This huge mansion right near the water. The water was the Long Island Sound. This mansion was white stone. A kind of Greco-Roman style with a circled drive up to the front that surrounded a fountain that sprayed elegantly. The front door was up some wide steps. The white house was something no Vanderbilt would turn a nose up at this. And it had wings! There was the main house, then north and south of the main building were two other buildings, just as big. I tried not to gawk, but I probably did. This was more than ten thousand feet. There had to be. It was a palace!

This time, I had to get out with Brad. It was about him, yes, but I was involved. With Brad.

The foyer, not a foy-er, a foy-ya! There’s a difference. Was huge! Did I say it was white? It was white! Stepping down a step to a white marble floor, the foyer had a large round table in the middle of it over which hung a massive crystal chandelier. The ceiling was a good twenty feet up! Again, later I found out that the mansion had been built in the 1920s. And one thing they insisted on in that era, nothing said I’m rich and you’re not like having more. They didn’t care what that was, you just had to have more! Higher ceilings, wider hallways, bigger rooms, more rooms! But it was well lit from the light that poured in through windows. The white just added to the lighting effect. I could see a huge room on the other side of a central corridor that ran from one end to the other the width of the house. It was carpeted, but only the center. The rest was marble. I found out that Brad’s great-grandfather trusted no one with his money. No one. That included banks. So, when the crash of 1929 happened and the Depression began, his great-grandfather merely yawned about this national tragedy. He was fine.

Going to the left, we could hear some conversations and the sound of cutlery clanking delicately on china. We entered a dining room that was also white and brightly lit with sunshine. I found out later there were two dining rooms. This was for breakfast and lunch. There was another formal one just down the hall and across from the kitchen. This dining room table was only half full. At one head of this table sat a pretty middle-aged woman with dark brown hair done up on her head was at the head. Next to her on her right sat Bobby. Next to him was a little boy in a booster seat about three years old sat Jason. Next to Jason was his mother, Amanda. Across the table from them was a little girl, blonde like her mother about five years old. Beside her was an elderly woman, elegantly dressed with thick white hair done on her head. Conversations stopped as we stepped down a step into the room. A fork landed noisily from Amanda who looked up at her brother-in-law with shock. Bobby just looked at the two of us and smiled. Brad’s mother sat, her mouth dropped open. The elderly woman, I knew by her picture, was Duchess, but she didn’t look surprised, merely looked up.

“Thank god.” His mother said in relief but didn’t get up.

“Brad!” Amanda said in light surprise.

Bobby just slid his chair back and got up and walked over to us and just stood there, his arms folded, but the wink he gave Brad and me said he was clearly on our side.

“Are you alright, son?” His mother asked calmly. “Did you find what you were looking for?” Then she looked at her other son. “Did you know he was back, Bobby?”

Bobby nodded. “I did. He called me a week ago and told me what he was planning.”

His mother didn’t like that. “And you felt you should keep that to yourself?”

Bobby didn’t even blink. “I was asked and trusted by Brad not to tell you. And I’d be a damned fool not to honor that request. He’s my brother.”

I glanced at those at the table. What I didn’t miss was their grandmother’s smile when Bobby said that. She glanced over at me and you saw her try to work things out, but waited.

Brad nodded. “I’m fine. Now. As you may have read the note I left, I had some things to work out and I couldn’t do it here. So, I left.” He glanced at me and smiled. It was a genuine smile. “And this man…” he pulled me over. “…became very, very important to me.” He took my hand. Then looked at his family. “I’ve seen Diana and have called the wedding off. This man is more than….just, my boyfriend. I love him.” He looked back at me. “I’m in love with him. We’ve been living as a couple about a month now.” Then he looked back at an astounded face of his sister-in-law and mother. “If I marry anyone, and I have it on good authority he and I will.” He grinned at me when he mentioned Tyler’s seeing us as married.

His mother looked furious now. “What sort of nonsense is this!?” She stood up pointing her finger toward me. “Get out of my house!” While she said that Amanda was covering her son’s ears. Saying we were going to burn in hell and it was a sin! But the Duchess was smiling and put her hands up like praying. She was thanking God?

Then the Duchess smacked the elegant top of a cane she used on a plate. “Silence!!” She shouted ending all conversation abruptly. She stood up and walked over to Brad. Then her face fell and looked a little angry. Then in one swift move, slapped Brad across the face as hard as she could. Startling Brad, me and Bobby. “That…is for leaving. Even though I understand why now.” Then she grabbed him and hugged him tightly, kissing him on the cheek she had just struck as tenderly and lovingly as she could. “That’s for coming back.” Then she turned to the others. “And this isn’t your house, Cynthia. It’s mine. No one is demanding anyone to leave my house.” She smiled at Brad. “I had almost given up hope, Son. That you would find love. And you clearly have.”

Tears were in Brad’s eyes. “I have, Duchess. I have.” He nodded. He brought me closer to her. “This is Eric Davis. Eric Davis, this my grandmother. The Duchess.”

I smiled at her as I put my hand out. “Mrs. Thomas. I’ve looked forward to meeting you.”

Cynthia was having none of this. “This is ridiculous! You aren’t a homosexual!!”

Brad’s eyebrows came together. “I was this morning. And yesterday. And the day before that!”

Amanda stood shaking her head. “You know it’s a sin, Brad! You’ll die!”

“Amanda!” Bobby said calmly. “Shut up.”

Amanda looked positively livid! “Are you sleeping with this new guy, too?”

Bobby walked over to her and leaned toward her, but was clearly heard. “Listen carefully. I love you. You’re the mother of my children. If this attack on me is to do something, like make me change my position. It won’t work.” He was angry now. “And let me make this perfectly clear. If you attack Brad or Eric in any way, you and I are going to have a problem. If you make me choose a side, you will win. But then we will have a huge, huge problem. Don’t make me choose you or my brother. I’ll never forgive you.”

“But he’s going to hell!” Amanda lamented.

“This is from the Pope Amanda?” Bobby challenged. “The Pope just issued a comment on how we need to apologize to them and not judge.”

Amanda shook her head. “That one you listened to!?”

“Back off!!” Bobby demanded and lowered her hands from Jason’s ears. “Stop protecting our son from life for god sake! He has a gay uncle! Big deal!”

“You’d trust him alone with your son!?” Amanda asked horrified.

“Gays aren’t child molesters, you…ignorant…” Bobby said through gritted teeth. “You’d better take me to court, damn it! This is just stupid! You aren’t stupid, but this….Is….STUPID!”

Cynthia sat suddenly. “How can you do this, Brad? After all we’ve –“

“After all these years you’ve controlled his every move.” The Duchess said angrily. “And I watched you make demands on him a saint would have a hard time fulfilling, but he did it never questioning.” She smiled at Brad. “So, your son has brought home someone he loves. I was so happy to hear it. I knew!” She said hard. “I knew one day he’d either rebel or leave.” She looked at her grandson. “But you were so…perfect.”

Brad’s ears were turning pink. “I’m not perfect, Duchess.”

She shook her head with a smile. “No. You’re not. You’re human. I was afraid you’d marry that girl and be miserable the rest of your life.” She turned to Cynthia. “And all you worry about is how it looks. Who cares what others see? Brad looks miserable now. But when they walked in. You could see it. There love between these two.”

“Oh, Duchess.” Cynthia groaned.

The old lady was done with this. She went to the table and that cane made a loud bang. “I will not be dismissed, Cynthia! Brad is a man. A good man. Finally, he’s standing up to you. Leave him alone!!”

Bobby was nodding at his grandmother. Then turned to Amanda. “Can’t you see it? They love each other. Granted, I didn’t get the chance to know him. But that doesn’t matter, Brad does! And I want to get to know him. He seems like a very likable guy!” He pleaded with his wife who was so mad at her husband.

“You may be okay with all this,” Amanda said. “I’m not. I’m taking the children home!”

There was a loud slam and then, “…where the fuck is he?” An angry male voice called.

“Daddy, don’t!” There was a girl’s voice pleaded.

The sound of feet down the hall and then a man, in his middle years, a little pudgy in the middle, but not bad and his blonde hair was thinning. He saw Brad and scowled.

“Who is she?” The man demanded of Brad. “Where’s the slut?”

Diana was looking mortified. “I told you. He said there was someone else, but he never said it was a she.”

The man glared at Brad in new horror. “You’re a fag!?” He was enraged now and began charging. It was clear he was going to hit Brad and I couldn’t let that happen. I got in the path and with a smooth, sudden move sent the man flying.

Even Bobby was wide-eyed at that in shock. “Jesus! What the hell was that!?”

Brad was equally wide-eyed. “I have no idea.” Then Brad touched my shoulder. “That wasn’t karate or judo. What did you do?”

I chuckled. “No. It was Chulukua-Ryu.” I shrugged. “I used his momentum against him.”

Brad nodded. “Cherokee?”

“Cherokee,” I said back nodding.

Bobby leaned closer to his brother’s ear. “Remind me never to piss him off.” And Brad was already nodding as he was being pushed by Bobby toward me like Brad would protect him from me if needed. “He’s your boyfriend.”

I chuckled at the two. They were brothers to the end.

But Cynthia was alarmed. “Oscar, this is just a big mistake…I’m sure my son will come to his senses. He’s been with Diana for ten years!”

“No, mother!” Brad shouted.

“Mrs. Thomas.” Diana came forward. “I suspected there was someone else since I was eighteen. But he said there wasn’t.”

Mr. Fischer got up. “But there was! Him!”

Diana frowned. “No. There wasn’t. Brad doesn’t lie well and he wasn’t then. But I knew something was wrong. I just didn’t know what. In the ten years we were together, we only slept together four times.”

Mr. Fischer turned angrily to Brad. “You slept with her!?”

Diana rolled her eyes. “Oh, Daddy, please. I’m twenty-three now. I would hope I wasn’t still a virgin.”

I was beginning to like her, too. This might not be as bad as Brad feared it would be.

Brad was frowning. “I thought it was five times.”

She smiled shaking her head. “No. There was that one time you just couldn’t get it up.” She was much happier now. “Now I know it wasn’t me.” Then she laughed. “That isn’t true. It was me. I wasn’t a guy. It makes so much sense now!”

Mr. Fischer was looking from his daughter to Brad. “You don’t care!?”

She shook her head. “Not about breaking up with me. It’s not his fault. He’s gay! What would have been a whole lot worse if we’d married and he found out the truth later and told me.”

The Duchess came over and hugged her. “I’m glad you understand.”

Diana waved her off. “I’m sad I don’t get to be related to you.”

The Duchess shrugged. “Does that mean you can’t come by?”

This was turning out better and better! I thought Diana would be pissed. She was a friend of Amanda’s. Instead, she was delighted the fault wasn’t hers. Or Brad’s for that matter.

“But we were going to be sisters!” Amanda objected.

Diana shrugged. “We can still be friends.” She saw that Amanda was still indignant. “You’re not mad at Brad, are you?”

Amanda looked pleading at Diana. “I’m concerned. What if he influences Jason or Heather?”

Diana shook her head. “Where’d you get an idea like that? He can’t do anything to make either of them gay.” She frowned. “He’s no child molester, you know that.”

Amanda looked upset, she was losing what she considered an ally. “Someone had to make Brad gay.” She reasoned.

“Someone?” Brad asked. “No one made me gay. I just am.”

“Amanda!?” Diana said exasperatedly. “You went to college. You can’t be that far out of date. It’s not Brad’s fault. It’s chemical.”

That Cynthia heard. “Chemical?”

Diana nodded. “I’ve been taking a criminology course and we saw some research where while a baby is formed, they don’t get the needed chemicals. Enzymes that will make portions of the brain form. A study on inmates found portions of many of those inmates’ brains didn’t develop, they have almost no empathy or conscious.”

“But Brad is no criminal!” Cynthia objected.

Diana laughed. “Of course he’s not. The man can’t lie very well. But I saw more test research where they’ve traced some in sheep where the rams weren’t given these hormones or enzymes, and they go after other rams, not ewes. They’re born gay.”

Cynthia latched on. “So, we’ll get Brad the hormones or enzymes.”

Diana laughed. “It’s too late. His brain has already formed. Brad is already hardwired to be gay. Brad is gay.”

Yep, I liked her. “The slut your father was shouting for, is me.” I put my hand out to her. “Eric Davis.”

Diana’s eyes traveled over me. “At least he’s cute.” She grinned at me. Then winked at Brad. “You have good taste.” She shook my hand. Then looked at my earring and smiled. “Jewish?”

I grinned. “Austrian Hebrew. I’m not a practicing Jew.”

She leaned in as if conspiring. “To bad, Cynthia would have had a fit.” She shook her head and whispered. “That woman’s been a pain in the ass for a decade. I felt sorry for Brad most times.”

I smiled nodding. “I think being gay is enough.”

She nodded. “True.” She smiled. “You don’t know what a relief this is.”

When you find out, it wasn’t her fault he wasn’t attracted. It had to be a relief. “I can only imagine.”

“So there’s nothing we can do!?” Cynthia asked in a wail.

The Duchess turned angrily. “He’s brilliant. He’s honest. He’s hardworking. He has done everything you asked him to. Really, Cynthia, if his only flaw is he loves someone you don’t approve of, I’ll take it.” She smiled at Brad. “I was so worried. You are the only person who never had a teenage rebellious stage. You never smoked, you can’t lie. You didn’t chase women….or men. Frankly, that bothered me.”

I smiled as Brad’s ears were turning pink again. I did it before realizing it. Coming to stand next to him, and I did touch him, but just on his side. He smiled back at me knowing why I was.

“You can’t see it, can you, Cynthia?” The Duchess asked her daughter-in-law. “These two men love each other.”

Cynthia groaned. “Oh, Iris.”

“Have you been so obsessed with how things look to others, you can’t see it!? The look in their eyes when they look at each other. The gentle touch that tells these two view each other as the most important, most precious person or object in their lives. There’s respect and concern.” The Duchess smiled again, looking at Brad. “That’s what I’ve always dreamed of for you.” Then she turned to Cynthia. “You’d have never approved of his grandfather marrying me.”

“Here it comes,” Brad said softly to me. The Duchess must have done it before.

The Duchess turned to me. “I met his grandfather in London. It was just after the war and supplies were limited and expensive. So, I danced.”

Cynthia cringed. “You don’t have to tell everyone.”

“Apparently I do to you.” The Duchess said sternly. Then looked at me again. “I had been orphaned by the bombings and fortunately I was attractive enough to attract the attention of men. So, I danced. And not the ballet, I stripped. And to make extra money, I did favors for men. I was a prostitute.”

Cynthia held her face in her hands. “Iris, do you have to be so proud?”

“I’m not proud. I make no excuses. I was hungry.” The Duchess said. “You’ve never had to sell yourself to get something to live on, or even eat! You’ve had it very easy.” Then she turned back. “I say again, I’m not proud of it, but I did what I had to.” She stressed.

I nodded. “Of course you did.”

“Then this young, handsome American businessman came to the club.” Then the Duchess got this far off look remembering fondly Brad’s grandfather. “He was so handsome. And he took a liking to me right off. He took me out every night for two weeks! He knew what I did for a living. All of it. But he didn’t care. By the end of the first week, he told me he loved me. By the end of the second week, he proposed.”

I couldn’t help but smile at that. It was the movie Pretty Woman set in post-World War II England!

“It took him a week to convince me. So, by the end of week three, I married him.” She wiped her eyes as she remembered him. “I didn’t know about the money or who he was here. But he treated me like royalty from the day we met, until the day he died. He was the one that called me Duchess first. To him, I was a Duchess.” She turned to Cynthia. “I would never have gotten your approval.” She turned to Brad. “You do what you have to. So, your mother has a problem. It’s her problem.”

I touched her arm. “That was the most romantic thing I’ve heard in years.”

The Duchess nodded. “He was a precious and good man.”

Cynthia hadn’t given up. “He’s just after your money.”

Brad smiled. “He has money of his own.”

“Then he’s after the family name.”

Brad frowned. “Why? Maybe he wouldn’t want me in his family.” He looked at the Duchess. “His mother was the famous pianist, Elizabeth Sams Davis.” He waggled his eyebrows at his grandmother knowing she would recognize the name.

The Duchess turned quickly to me. “Your mother was Elizabeth Davis!? That means your great-grandmother was…”

I nodded. “Liesl Gertrude Braun. Known by friends as Gertie.”

I was a bit worried when the Duchess closed her eyes and held her heart. She sighed. “That woman was magic with the keyboard.” She looked angrily at Cynthia. “Give it up, Cynthia.”

But Amanda was not finished. “Does no one else have a problem with this but Cynthia and me?”

Bobby and the Duchess looked at each other. Then Bobby shook his head. “It doesn’t look like it.”

Mr. Fischer shook his head and waved us all off. “I’m done.” He turned to his daughter. “Let’s go, Diana.”

Diana gave a sorry for the crazy father look. “I hope we can be friends, Eric. And Brad, it wasn’t all bad, was it?”

Brad shook his head. “We had some good times. Thanks for being so understanding.”

“Well, when you decide to tie the knot, I get an invitation.” Diana followed her father out.

Amanda got her son out of his chair. “We are going home, Bobby. Do whatever you like. Stay. Come home. I’m going.”

Looking at Brad, it seemed all of what had happened had really taken a toll on him. He looked drained. Putting my head near his, I didn’t dare kiss him. Cynthia would blow a gasket. “It’ll be fine now.”

Brad let out a tired breath and nodded. “It was just…hard.”

The hell with Cynthia. Placing our temples together. “I knew it would be. You knew. But it’s done.”

Brad wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. “I know.” Then he looked up at Duchess. “I was going into Thomas Shipping and Industries tomorrow. Do you think Mom will cause problems? I was taking Eric with me, to introduce him and let them know I’m back.”

The Duchess smiled patiently. “She won’t. I promise.” Then she took my arm. “Let him go a minute or two.” She said to Brad. “I’d love to chat with him.”

Brad grinned at me as he did as his grandmother asked. “A minute or two. That’s it.”

I heard Bobby come to his brother. “His mother and great-grandmother were famous pianists?”

Brad nodded. “And you should see their house! It’s amazing.”

I chuckled as the brothers were just as fine as before. But the Duchess took me out in the hall. “I just have a few questions. First, is my grandson happy?”

I didn’t hesitate. “Well, he dreaded what was coming, but yes. He’s very happy.”

The Duchess smiled at that. “As I hoped. I know you love him. And forgive me…is there passion?” She held up her hand. “I don’t want to know what you do or anything like that, is he passionate?”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Oh, yes.” I nodded. “It seems he’s awake now, and nearly insatiable.”

The Duchess just looked so happy to hear that. “Well, living so repressed for so long, I imagine the floodgates opened.” She strolled with me to the parlor. This place had a parlor! “The Thomas men are unique. Single-minded and determined. They love you with every fiber. His grandfather had it. His father had it. I even see it in Bobby and I was so terrified Brad was not going to experience it. I am so happy and relieved he met you. And I am happy he loves you.” Then she brought me in for a kiss on the cheek. “And even more, I am happy that you obviously love him. I wasn’t kidding. I see it in your eyes. The light touches. I saw it when you came in. He is important to you.”

I nodded. “He is my lover, but he’s my best friend. I like to spend time with him.” I grinned. “He is the most precious most valued thing or person in my life now and will be.”

She began to cry. “My prayers were answered.”

Brad and Bobby came into the room. Brad saw his grandmother. “Duchess? Are you okay? What were you two talking about?”

Duchess shook her head. “You, boy.”

I smiled again as Brad’s ears were turning pink. “Please, never change.” Going over and touching an ear.

Brad chuckled. “I haven’t been able to.”

Duchess came over. “Brad has always worn his emotions on his sleeve. He could never go embarrassed or lie.” Then she pointed at Bobby. “But he tried to cover what you did to my vase when you were fifteen.”

Bobby looked a little embarrassed himself. “Yea, I broke one of Duchess’ favorite vases.”

Duchess shook her head. “It wasn’t a favorite vase. It was the lie that bothered me. And your poor ten-year-old brother tried his best to cover the lie, but his ears were bright red and he just couldn’t do it.” She ran a loving hand over both their cheeks. “I’ve never seen a boy have a panic attack like Brad did.”

Bobby smiled. “Sorry, Duchess.”

She gave him a light slap. “I forgave you long before. You’re a good man, Bobby. I told you both. You two can be your worse enemies, but it will be so much better…”

Bobby, Brad and I said it with her. “…if you were friends and allies.”

Duchess looked at me surprised. “Brad told you that.”

I nodded. “He did. And thank you for instilling that in them. And thank you for keeping Brad’s feet on the ground.” I waved at the house. “I had no idea he came from all this.”

Brad grabbed my hand. “I’ll show you around!”

Duchess stopped us. “Before you run off.” She began. “I put in my will, my voting shares go to you and Bobby should something happen to me.”

Bobby looked alarmed. “You’ve got years left.”

Duchess nodded and took her grandson’s arm. “I hope I do. But if I do die. You two will have the majority votes. Just so you know.” Then she patted Brad on the arm. “Show him around. I have a feeling it will be part of his life soon enough.” Then she took Bobby’s arm securely. “Now take me back and let’s deal with your mother.”

The house was vast! There were corridors to rooms….I would need a map! Or GPS. With the three buildings, there were twelve bedrooms! Sixteen bathrooms. A music room. A multi-media room. A game room. I saw Brad’s room with books and a wall that held trophies. I picked up a trophy. “Swim team.” I grinned at him. “I bet you looked awesome in those speedos.”

He gave me a leer and grin. “But you can see me without the speedos.”

I put the trophy back. “A sight I look forward to every day,” I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Wanna see that now?”

I grinned. “Aren’t you worried someone will come in?”

He shook his head. “The room’s in a portion that’s seldom used and the door’s closed.” He began walking us back and hit a switch on the door. “And now locked.”

“What do you want?” I asked, but knew what he’d say.

“A little blow job and you make love to me.”

Intimacy was easy with Brad. He was so willing to let me in, emotionally as well as physically. And kissing for us was like breathing now and we were very, very good at it. I pulled his shirt off. “A little fetish indulgence.” I pushed him back on the bed, pulling his arms above his head.

“Go for it.” Brad’s voice was deep and full of emotion.

They say human pheromones came from the hairs on your body. I believe it. A few minutes inhaling and licking his armpits, I had a raging hardon! I pulled his pants down and pulled him to the edge of the bed, but facing me.

“Wait!” Brad shouted. “We don’t have lube.”

“Cowboy lube,” I said gruffly and spit in my hand coating my cock with the spit and then on his asshole.

“Cowboy lube?”

“Cowboys on the range couldn’t always have lube. They used spit.” I grinned and entered him which he let me know what just fine. We had done it dozens of times just this week, so his body welcomed me back adjusting almost instantly and I began to move. Soon, he was letting out the grunts of satisfaction and little cries as I hit his prostate. Then he was screaming as the sensations grew more intense and more frequent.

“Fuck me!!” Brad demanded. Now Brad wasn’t a swearer by nature, usually. But he became one occasionally when we fucked. And that’s what we were doing. Making love was another thing, but we enjoyed fucking. We are all wired to do it. Pleasure centers, remember? He came in a gush! And shortly, only a minute later, I shot my cum deep inside him. Brad brought me in for a kiss that was consuming. “I love you, Eric.”

I grinned. “No.” I teased. “You don’t say.”

He smiled back. “I do say. And you know it’s the truth.”

I kissed him. “I do.”

Brad went in the bathroom carefully, as we didn’t use a towel, his cum was not everywhere since I had given him the blowjob and cum in him. But we needed to clean up.

Sex stinks after a while.

“It’s always amazing with you.” Brad rinsed himself off.

I didn’t mean anything, but I frowned. “I’m the only one you’ve been with.”

Brad looked bothered. “So? Do I have to sleep with someone else to know?”

I looked equally bothered. “You have no point of reference.”

Now he looked annoyed. “And you do.” He frowned. “Am I not as good as Tony? I don’t even know the other guy’s name.” He started to leave.

I stopped him. “Do not walk away!” I made him look at me. “We began this relationship two months ago. Two months! I worry that when you meet someone a little closer to…” I thought. “What is your type? Will I be that type?”

He closed his eyes. “You are! Damn it!!” He looked at me intensely. “I don’t want anyone else!” He headed back into the room but stopped. He turned and tears were rolling out of his eyes. “I love you! You know that!” He came back and put me on the side of the bed and got down on both knees. Not one, but both knees. “Two months ago, I left New York in a black fog. I didn’t know what I was going to do, and yes, I was thinking of committing suicide. But that goes against everything in me. I wandered down, not knowing where I was going or why.” He wrapped his arms around me. His voice was a little muffled as he pressed his face into me. “For weeks I just walked, and then I took a path, I don’t know why…but I saw you there.” He looked up at me. “I was so lost. But you showed me a life….I never even knew was out there, let alone dream of. You rescued me.” Now he was really crying. “Please, don’t ever leave me. My life was miserable before and…” he shook his head. “I won’t live without you. I’ll die. And you know I’m telling the truth!!”

The intensity was like a wave I have never experienced before.

“The powers that are in charge. God, spirits…whatever had to guide me to you. I never would have found you on my own. They knew where to guide me, and even sent a five-year-old a message telling him I was coming. It may be soon, but….I don’t want to be without you. I try so hard to…” he thought of a word. “…merge with you. I’ll do anything…I’ll convert to what you want. I’ll give you everything I have. I’ve given you all I am. We’ve only one more step. I want you to marry me. I’ll beg, I’ll do whatever you ask. I’ll leave Thomas Shipping and Industries. We’ll live where ever you want, be it Fontana or any place else in the world. Don’t leave me….marry me.”

That was a proposal! I did love the man. My heart was burning with an intensity I can’t even give an analogy about! He was telling the truth. Now it was my turn to kiss him in a consuming way as if by doing it, we could merge as one. I was crying. “I am so sorry, Brad. I know you aren’t lying. I love you. I just…of course I’ll marry you. You say when and where and I’ll be there. Yes. Yes. Yes. I’ll marry you.”

Now his sobs weren’t distressed, but happy and relieved. Then he stood up taking my hand. “Let’s go home. We can do it again at home. But we’ll be home.” He led me quickly down the hall down to the main house. We stopped in the living area where the remaining family, Duchess, Bobby and Cynthia sat. “Guys! Meet Eric Davis, my fiancé! I’ll call and we can make plans!” He shouted running with me in tow toward the front door. I didn’t have to see Cynthia to know she was cringing, but Duchess and Bobby would be happy.

The traffic gods were smiling on us. It was Sunday afternoon and the roads should have people returning from their weekends, but we literally whizzed in that fancy car of his in record time. He pulled quickly into his spot and closed the garage with the remote and we got in the elevator. And since that elevator only went to the penthouse, we started in there! He was pulling on my clothes as I was pulling on his. He was kicking his shoes off before the door opened. By the time we got to the bedroom, neither of us had a thing on and we landed and started a slow, almost agonizing lovemaking session. It was a delightful agony! The sun was long gone when we stopped in pants and near breathlessness.

“Does…” he panted. “…a guy…get engagement….rings?”

I chuckled. “You can buy…anything.”

“That’s what we’ll do this week.” He rolled over on top of me.

“Fine.” I nodded. “But you get one, too. You’ll be just as engaged as I will be.”

He grinned. “I will.” Then he and I began kissing again like we hadn’t just a few seconds ago. He looked at me. “I will be the best husband, partner, and friend to you.”

My fingers ran through his hair. “You have the friend part down in spades. The partner part you’re doing great. The husband part takes a minister.” Then I stopped. “I haven’t told Elisi and Tyler.”

Brad grinned. “You don’t think Tyler already knows?”

I had to admit, he probably did. “But we still need to tell them. And since her birthday is coming up, why don’t we either go there or bring them here?”

Brad smiled at that. “But it’s close to the holidays. After her birthday comes Thanksgiving and then Christmas.”

I frowned. “But Tyler has school. And there’s Barney.”

He shrugged. “So, we’ll fly them up each time. Barney can come each time.”

“The planes that carry pets are not that many.”

Brad looked amazed I hadn’t gotten it. “It’s the Thomas Company plane. We can fly down, pick them up and fly them home.”

I nodded. “Of course. Silly me.” I rolled my eyes. “I knew you had money. I forgot I was marrying someone in the Fortune 500. I mean, look at this place. You live in a penthouse on Park Avenue. Over a hotel that brings meals.”

He looked a bit uncomfortable. “Yeah, and will send a maid up three times this week.”

I rolled him over. “Why?”

He winced a little. “We own the hotel.”

“Sure.” I nodded. “You own a five-star hotel on Park Avenue. Which you live in a penthouse over.”

“I told you I’d give it up. And I will if you want me to.” He said earnestly. “You know I will.”

He was telling the truth. He would. “I know you would. I will never ask you to do that. This has been in the family for generations. This wealth is just….new.”

“But you’re wealthy.” Brad reasoned.

“There isn’t many who would be this wealthy.” I looked at him as if why he couldn’t see that. “I’m wealthy. I have five million in a trust account. You must have hundreds of millions. If not a few billion.”

Brad gave a shrugging nod. “I’d have to get with accounting to give you the exact number.”

“Baby, I don’t really care,” I said honestly. “You know, my ability to see a lie or truth doesn’t mean I don’t have insecurities. I can’t believe you love me.”

Brad looked shocked. “What!?”

I held my hand up. “I know you’re telling the truth. But it’s so…unbelievable! You are the American Prince Charming.”

Brad’s ears were beginning to really pink up. “No.”

“You are!” I insisted. “You are very, very handsome. And let’s face it. This lifestyle is like a royal family. Admit it!”

His ears were now bright red. “You go too far.” He was smiling, but I could see he didn’t believe it.

“Brad!” I sat up on him. “I have a man that was practically a virgin when I met you. You’re smart, well educated. I’m surprised you don’t have broken hearts in your wake! I know you’re telling the truth, but even my mind can’t believe it can possibly be true! In many ways, I owe your Mom a debt of gratitude.”

Now he was looking at me like I was crazy.

“She kept you on the straight and narrow. You slept with a girl four times…”

“Five.”

I chuckled. “Whatever! So, I have a man that slept with one woman five times in ten years! I’ve won the lottery! You’re a prize! A prince.” I leaned in on his amused face. “Baby, come on. Did you really believe Prince Charming in Cinderella was a virgin at eighteen or nineteen!?”

He laughed. “It’s a Fairy Tale.”

I nodded. “You got that right. He probably has had affairs with half the guards! He was gay, you know?”

Now Brad was laughing harder. “He was not.”

“It’s a Fairy Tale. You just said so. So, if I want him gay, he is! Besides, a lot of the royals were gay.”

Brad flipped us over again. “You are just loving this, aren’t you?”

I grinned. “Yeah, I am.” I shrugged. “It would have made for a much more interesting story if Sleeping Beauty was a handsome guy getting awakened by a kiss from a handsome prince.”

Brad quirked an eye. “I think the title Sleeping Handsome didn’t have the draw.” Then kissed me tenderly. “Well, if I’m a prince, you’re the handsome man that woke me up. Thank you.”

I ran my fingers over his face. “Having you naked with me in bed is thanks enough.” I pulled him down with me. “I love you, Brad. I will never leave you. That you love me enough to ask me to marry you. That is the true reward.”

“We’ll make our own Fairy Tale.”

I embraced him to me. “I love having you close to me. You can’t leave me, either.”

He shook his head. “I won’t. I swear!”

“Duchess told me.” I smiled.

“She told you what?”

“That the Thomas men were men of deep passion and single-minded and determined,” I answered. “You certainly are.”

He shrugged. “We see what we like. And make up our minds. Then we convince the other to see the logic.”

“Logic? With love? I don’t see that.” I said cuddling next to him. “Your grandmother, the Duchess tells you she was a prostitute and a stripper. Yet, your grandfather proposed after two weeks! They were married a week later. Most would say that isn’t logical.”

Brad looked at me cautiously. “Do you mind that she was a prostitute?”

I shook my head. “Of course not. Hell, Jesus has a prostitute in his family line.”

Brad looked startled. “Really?”

I shook my finger at him. “You haven’t been paying attention in Sunday School.”

He grinned. “I must have been sick that day. I must have missed it.”

“Baby, you need rest. You’re going to the office in the morning.”

He smiled at me. “Baby. You’ve been calling me that a lot lately.”

I looked a bit uneasy. “Does it bother you?”

He shook his head. “No, no, not at all. I just never thought anyone would call me Baby.” Then he kissed me. “I just never thought I’d be close enough to anyone that would want to call me Baby. I like it. Don’t stop.”

 

The next morning was a sample of what to expect? He was in that closet comparing suits and looking at shirts. I finally went in and took a look. It was a very nice suit. No labels. If that is a hint to you.

“That one and that shirt,” I said firmly. “The color complements your complexion and hair.” And what man doesn’t know the carousel of ties. He had every color and combination. My tastes were solids. I grabbed one. “And this.”

He kissed me on the cheek. “Thanks.” I loved that he was so comfortable with me. He paraded around without a thought that he was naked. Then he glanced in a full-length mirror. He ran a hand through his hair. “I need a haircut.” He commented and then stood sideways and looked at his body’s profile, pulling his stomach in a bit. “I need to exercise again. I’m getting flabby.”

My eyebrows rose to hear this. “And you just found out you’re gay,” I said.

He glanced at me. “What did you mean by that?”

I shrugged. “Nothing. But it seems to me your obsession about how you look is very gay.” I teased. Then I put a hand on his chest. “I’m teasing. You’re stepping in a position you’ve trained for years, but now are taking the task on. You’re going to be nervous.”

He sighed. “You see that?”

I pulled him into a hug, holding him in an embrace. “I do.” I ran a hand over his back. “I know you.”

He nodded. “Yeah, you do.” Then he saw the clock. “Gotta go!” He rushed to the shower. I couldn’t help but smile at him. He was charged and excited to be going back. He would be one of the youngest President and CEOs of a company like this. And I still didn’t know all they did.

This time, I made his coffee in that wonder machine we had. When he finally emerged dressed I had to balk at what I saw. The man was gorgeous to me in jeans and even nothing at all. The old saying clothes make a man was very right. I let out a long wolf whistle.

He grinned at me, ears turning pink. “I look okay?”

I nodded. “And how!”

“You’re prejudiced.”

I nodded. “I am.” I agreed. “But that doesn’t mean I’m not right.”

He was in a sharp suit of a kind of brown. It wasn’t brown and it wasn’t beige. Somewhere in between. The light brown shirt and shiny dark brown tie just accented it. I was just in a nice shirt and pants. I wasn’t there to impress.

“Thomas Shipping and Industries isn’t just shipping, is it?” I asked handing him the iced latte he loved.

He shook his head. “Oh no. We haven’t been just freight since the turn of the century. That’s the twentieth century.”

I nodded. “I figured that.”

“We invest.” He explained. Then he motioned to the penthouse. “Take this place. There was a man that hit some financial issues. He was losing money and the place was getting run down. He sought financial help, which we gave, in exchange for partial ownership. Freight is only about forty percent of what we do now. I’ll show you when we get to the Thomas Building.” He came over. He even smelled good! “You look great, by the way.” He smiled. “I look forward to showing it to you. I also am looking forward to showing you off there. By the end of the week, everyone will know who you are to me.”

Copyright © 2016 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 3
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..