Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 5,383 Words
  • 961 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Innocence Of Night - 9. Time For Crossing

This is the last chapter of The Innocence Of Night. Book 1... I hope you guys enijoy it :)

The innocence of night

Chapter 9-Time for crossing over

 

When Asher, Patrick, Jennifer, and Allen came into the warehouse, it seemed surreal. Just before I blacked out I saw them fight my captures. Asher was the one who undid all the tape, and chains. He even gently laid me on my back, stroking my hair lovingly. So sweet he is. I looked into my boyfriends eyes to see them glow a bright yellow, in any other circumstance I would have freaked but I knew that he was crying. It killed me to see my knight in shining armor crying, however I was helpless to soothe him.

“Allen, Patrick, Jennifer, kill those sick son-of-a-bitches. Leave the boss to me!” Asher yelled in-between sobs. I was crying inside, because the look Asher gave me was the last thing I saw before he disappeared.

“Don’t worry Asher we have plenty of time to rid the world of them, just keep holding onto him, okay.” Patrick softly spoke from beside us, he probably saw how I looked, and it must have been upsetting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The semi-rest of this story is put in Asher point of view on things!

 

While they were fixing up the mess with the vampires, I on the other hand couldn’t help but to think that this was a mistake. No-one should be turned if they don’t want to especially if they’re held against their will, I cried silently for the love of my life. I didn’t want to turn him, only if he wanted to be turned. This is my fault I should of told him not to leave… not without someone with him, how stupid can I be? I didn’t mean for this happen, I only wish I could turn back time. To see him once more before this happened. Grr! I can’t believe this; hopefully Jeremy won’t be too upset at me for letting this happen to him---

 

"Ok Asher we are done… We can go now. I hope without being seen...." Jennifer said looking at me and knowing what I was thinking and feeling

 

"Ok… let’s… go..." I said taking deep breaths to calm myself down

 

"It’s ok Asher, Jeremy will be fine, you’ll see!" Patrick said

 

"Ok let’s go I really don’t want to be here anymore than I should, we need to lay him down for he can rest!" I also stated

 

"Well let’s move then." Jennifer said worry shown on her face

 

Once we were outside the warehouse letting the cool air hit our faces, letting it wrap itself around us. I still felt really depressed and moody, it wasn’t the fact that he went off like that but to be kidnapped and forced to comply with whatever those assholes wanted. They drained him of his blood to make him one of us.

Jeremy will never be the same; he will live in the darkness, and feed as the rest of us, only to be reminded that he couldn’t go into the light anymore. So many things going through my mind that it hurt so much, I hated that I couldn’t have been here sooner.

 

My mood changed that night, nothing anyone could do but wait with me to see how Jeremy will react. However, I had things to do and people to see. I don’t want to be away from him in this state, but if I stay I will always remember that shining face and the warmth from the sun. I hope he will understand that fate had this planned for him, as I walked to the lot with Jeremy over my shoulder.

 

I tear fell from my eye, feeling it roll down my cheek. It stung a little knowing that I won’t have that smiling Jeremy to look at when I wake up the next night, it’s going to hurt more tonight than ever. I won’t be able to please him the way I know he wanted, if only fate had another plan instead of this one.

 

We walked not speaking a word for several moments, only the sweet sound of nothing reflected on how everyone felt. As I turned to look at Jennifer, her eyes were glistening with a pool of tears. I kept looking at her. Never did she once let one drop. I wish I had enough courage to not cry in front of my friends, but who was I kidding I love the person I was carrying.

 

As we reached the lot no-one said anything not even a glance, we came the center of the lot. I didn’t look at anyone, I kept walking. I carried Jeremy to the Hummer, opening the door slipping in and shutting the door, only to lay him down and look at his beauty.As he transformed into a creature of the night. A knock on the door made me turn back to reality.

 

"What do you want…? I don’t wanna talk right now... GO AWAY. Please." I said as a tear ran down my cheek

 

"Asher please you need company right now. Please just open the door and let me help you through this..." Blake said sounding not like himself

 

I turned back to Jeremy’s’ sleeping body, I leaned over and placed a kiss on his lips. They felt so cold, void of life. "I love you!" I whispered to him

 

I opened the door and looked at Blake; tears were in his eyes at the sight of him. I sat down and bowed my head, I silently cried. Blake didn’t say anything. I knew what he felt, without saying anything he placed a hand on my shoulder. My body didn’t reject it… and I looked up at Blake, finally.

 

I stood up, taking in deep breaths to relieve the amount of pain I felt. And that’s what Blake did for me he let me know that he knew how much it hurt to lose someone like Jeremy, only to remind me that he was coming back just not as he was. I guess I could understand that.

My arms wrapped around Blake, holding him there just for comfort. It felt good just to hold a friend; it let me know that he knew how to support me in my time of need. We stood there for a couple of minutes just hugging, feeling each other’s need for friendship and comfort.

 

Jennifer came over just to see how I was doing; by the look she gave me, I knew that my face resembled something or another. I tried to put a mask over my concern but apparently, I couldn’t do it, not yet. As I let go of Blake holding out my arms for Jennifer to come take the place that she knew she needed now, for a while everything was good. I missed his voice; I missed his inaction with everyone. The lot just seemed more quiet than normal.

 

I didn’t know what to do or how to do it without my Jeremy standing right next to me. Sometime doing that night I broke down a couple of times. Thinking that I could wait this out, Jeremy would wake up and be himself that only made it worst because I knew he wouldn’t be. He would most likely not talk to any of us until he figured out that he was dead and that he is a vampire. My mind didn’t want to get over what it saw in the warehouse. It just kept repeating itself.

 

I went for a walk in the cool night air, how the night’s moon just shined down on me as I walked. The stars were out that night shining beautifully. Making me feel content, I didn’t want to complain or cry anymore even though I knew I would later. As I walked along the street with people, it seemed quiet, lonely somehow. I was not quite high enough to see the beautiful flashing lights and the noises of the people passing by.

 

The lake wasn’t that far, walking at a normal pace I passed beautifully lit houses. It sort of reminded of my home way back when, when everything seemed simple, easy, and decent. I always wondered what my family thought of me when I left, I can’t help but to think that they dismissed me, as they considered me no longer relevant in their life’s.

I found myself standing at the entrance of the lake Sundial, for this town the name seemed retarded but whatever. I could hear the water licking the barrier, as I came closer I could hear the water more, I don’t know why I even came here. This place only served the purpose of reminding me of how I came about finding Jeremy, I watched him the first few weeks. Before long he came back with tears in his eyes, his mind told me that he was actually going jump. Unlike the last, few times he only thought about it. I had to do something.

When I first spoke out to him in the dark, he jumped, panicked but he soon recovered and foreign fake courage. Still to this night I will remember it forever, it will always serve to remind me of the person he is and will always be.

I told him that night, Jeremy can you please promise me that you won’t try to kill yourself for just one week? Just make me that promise and after a week of living this life of yours if you’re still not satisfied, come back here and I will help!?" Jeremy put up a fight still but I won out after a while. The look on his face that night when he started to walk away, I will remember always.

The week after that he didn’t even try to hear me out, he went for the railing and almost succeeded in killing himself. I ran to him, but it was too late. I couldn’t stop his body from going into the water, but that didn’t stop me from going in after him. That night everything changed for me and him, everything seemed to be going better. However, that didn’t stop what had happened to him.

I came close to the railing still thinking about that night that I saved Jeremy for the first time, I wondered what his step mom is doing right about now and if she knew what her step son was up to. I didn’t care really I was just asking myself that question over and over again, thinking about Jeremy made my heart ache. I wanted to hold him right now and tell him how much I loved him. However, he wasn’t here and I couldn’t tell him how much I’m sorry for what had happened to him, I slid down to the wood panels rocking myself. Whispering sweet things to my love that is crossing over to the darkness...

 

If I had a choice between a vampire and a human, I would have picked a human. Either way my choice would have lead somewhere that wasn’t nice; I don’t see the point in darkness. If I knew what I did know now, I would have never become a vampire. Well, I can’t really say darkness is all bad, but there is some up’s and downs, naturally. What I wanted back then doesn’t compare to what I want now. The only thing that is keeping me alive now is Jeremy and my friends, my family.

 

I listened to the sound of the water swooshing around making music to my ears, my ears perked up when I heard footsteps. I didn’t dare open them. The person stood right in front of me not speaking, I could tell the person was looking at me.

 

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed

 

He or she didn’t say anything, it must have been a vampire they are the only ones that really don’t say very much. I asked again "What do you want?" Still no answer... That is when I opened my eyes and saw it was Patrick. I looked up at him and asked again… "What are you doing here Patrick?" I asked more softly this time

 

He looked at me and then faced the lake once more, ignoring my question. I didn’t have time for this shit, if he wanted to talk he knew I would listen or pretend to listen anyways. While he faced the lake, my eyes were directed at his face trying to catch a glimpse of what he wanted to say to me. He didn’t say anything for a few minutes, he just sighed a lot letting his shoulders relax every once in a while.

 

"Patrick what are you doing here, I know you don’t come here very often" I said catching what little interest Patrick had in me, I didn’t know what he wanted or if he was here to comfort me. I don’t see why people think that I can’t handle this; I must look like a pathetic little kid trapped in a 14 years body. It made me mad for a second thinking that Patrick came out here to see if I was ok! "So why are you out here? Is it to check up on me and see if I’m ok?" I asked a simple question but didn’t get anything in return.

 

I got up and stood right next to Patrick at the railing listening to the waves hit the wall of the dock. I turned to see Patrick’s eyes were glistening, I knew something wasn’t right. I just didn’t know what.

 

"Patrick look at me… God dammit!" I said forcing him to look at me for the first time in 10 minutes

 

He still didn’t say anything just stared at me, what did my face or eyes say to him for him not to talk to me. Ugh, I hate when people don’t talk to me. It just makes me frustrated, I pushed Patrick and walked off. Leaving Patrick there to do whatever he came to do. I didn’t care really… he can stood there.

 

When I got close enough to the entrance, keeping my head down, I knew if I looked back at Patrick he would still be there looking at the lake. I bumped into Patrick standing there looking at me, he wanted me to start the conversation. However, I tried three different times to start a conversation, now it will be him who starts this one. I waited for him to start but he never did.

 

"What do you want Patrick? God stop acting like this." I asked because I was getting annoyed with him at the moment

 

It looked like he wanted to say something to me but didn’t, so I stood there waiting as long as I could without walking around him and doing something stupid---!

 

"I wanted to know how you are, and I know what you are going through, well maybe not but can’t I at least try to understand what is going through that mind of yours." Patrick countered the plain look on his face said it all

 

"I’m fine… as fine as I will ever be for the moment. And I’m glad you have a somewhat of an idea of what I’m going through!" I stated coldly but trying not to

 

"I know you are not fine… So tell me what is wrong with you? You know he is coming back don’t you? It’s not like he’s dead for real. At least now, you don’t have to truly worry about him being turned. “ He remarked

 

"No Patrick he isn’t coming back the same person, he’s going to be a vampire and you I know as well as I do that he won’t like the darkness. Maybe after a while but not right now, when he wakes up he probably won’t know. " I had to take several deep breaths just to calm myself down, I didn’t want to get over worked again and fall back down and cry for my love.

 

"WOW! I didn’t know it was going to be like that, I mean I do agree with you that he isn’t going to be the same but some of his traits will still be there. Hopefully the ones that you fell in love with, I know that you love him but he is coming back you know---!"

 

I couldn’t take anymore of everybody saying the same damn thing; I walked off from him not wanting to listen to him. I turned the corner and went straight for Jeremy’s house; I knew the bodyguards were still there. Nevertheless, I didn’t care; I wanted some time to think by myself without anyone trying to convince me that he’s coming back. I know he is coming back but what they don’t understand is... he isn’t coming back the same person, with the warmth of the sun or anything that made me feel happy for him. I wanted him to have a life…GOD DAMMIT!

 

I came to stop and listened for Patrick to see if he was following, sure enough he was. Just not closely enough. I turned around and ran to him, hugging him. Holding onto him for dear life never wanting to let go---

 

~*~*~

Returning to Jeremy

 

When I opened my eyes, I had to blink to get the brightness of the light to decrease a little. Once the light wasn’t so bright, I looked around the place. Taking in the plain gray walls and the dark concrete flooring, it smelled like a sewer. By then I knew where I was. Oh great what a surprise that I get to see him again, maybe this time I could get lucky.

 

I walked around the underground tunnel trying to find Josh and his gang but they were no-where to be seen. I wondered. If you ask me this felt somewhat creepy now, hopefully he isn’t setting up an ambush. I really don’t feel like it at the moment, but only time will tell. As I made my way down the tunnel turning a couple of times, I knew I was nearing the end when I got there, oops too late for that now aren’t I.

 

Turning back around and heading to the entrance of this place, going to that room that very first night. I didn’t know why I was here but only one person would know. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow move from the wall; I knew this couldn’t be good. I stopped right there an waited to see what this shadow wanted, he didn’t approach me yet just stood there waiting for me to make the first move. Right, I’m not that stupid.

 

Stepping back from the creature of the night, I didn’t want any part of it. When I least expected it the creature flung his self at me, knocking me back a couple of feet making me land hard on my ass. I didn’t understand what was happening. Did I deserve to die at the hands of this thing; hell did I even want to stick around to find out?

"Wha… what… do you want?" I asked in a squeaky voice

 

He didn’t say anything, I didn’t expect him to. I didn’t know what would happen to me; I stood there waiting for this demon to release whatever he had planned for me. Still not understanding, I didn’t think I would ever understand what this demon wanted from me. I kept staring at it for a while until someone grabbed my shoulder and pulled me with him. I jumped not wanting to turn around and find another beast like the one in front of me, my body started to shake and tremble with fear that I might not be making it out this world alive----

 

"Whoa… Whoa! Slow down there, Jeremy!" That voice it sounded so familiar, could it be...

 

I sighed, a great relief knowing it was Josh who touched me and not another creature, I looked forward again and the beast was gone. I had to blink to make sure it wasn’t there anymore…

 

"What was that thing?" I asked still in my trembling voice trying to calm myself down

"Well Jeremy, that was a creature that I created to keep watch over this place for me, he doesn’t know you so that’s why he came out here. To see what you wanted, now that he knows that you’re with me and my gang I don’t think it will happen again. Unless I give it permission to kill you… that is..."

 

"That makes sound so much better Josh! Where were you…? I looked all over for you and your gang!?" I asked and stated

 

"I had some business to take care of, luckily I came back when I did or you would have been dead in both worlds!"

 

What did he mean by both worlds? I didn’t know and I was sure not wanting to find out, "What do you mean both worlds, what happened to me, Josh?"

 

"Well Jeremy, hmmm, I how can I put this," He questioned himself.

“How about you start with explaining first...” Crossing my arms over my chest and looking pointedly at him. I started to think about the possibilities that I was dead in the real world---

 

"Jeremy you got bit. You’re crossing over to the darkness... I know you probably don’t believe me, but when you awake from this world, you will understand that this isn’faket, or made up. When that group kidnapped you and had their way with you, they bit you right before Asher could stop them. So you see, your body is already dead and it’s transforming itself over to darkness. I will tell you this that it isn’t going to be easy either."

 

"What are you talking about? I wasn’t bit; I don’t remember having teeth sunk into me... When did this happen?" I started to freak out, thinking that I should have known.

 

"Jeremy, Jeremy! Understand what I’m trying to tell you, okay. When that group of vampires took you into that warehouse and took your clothes, more like ripped your clothes and strung you up. They had their way with you, Asher and the rest didn’t get there in time to save you from being bitten. You see... Your crossing over to become one of us. Isn’t that great, well maybe not great for you, yet. However, it will be soon enough. So follow me and I will try to help you understand what is to happen when you wake up, ok?" He told me... More or less, Josh was my guardian, so to speak.

 

I followed without saying anything else, just walking not even thinking, I didn’t know what to think anyway. As we came to the same room, the same that we fought in. We sat down at a table, no-one said anything at first. Whata joy I thought, nothing is better than sitting here, in silence.

 

"What are we doing here, or may I say, am I doing here? Why did I have to be bit, I didn’t want to be bitten by them... I wanted it to be Asher. The one I love..." I asked.

 

"I really don’t know why they bit you Jeremy, I know you wanted it to be Asher but this was fate. Asher didn’t have a choice. Because you see darkness isn’t fun. It’s all pain, nothing good comes from it, the pain of feeding on humans to survive. I know you might think that it isn’t that hard to do but believe me when I say this Jeremy it is. At first you’re not going to want to do it... Everyone goes through it unless, they don’t care for humans and they feed without remorse but I know you Jeremy, you’re not going to give into the feeding at first. You’re not even going to know what is happening until it’s too late. The survival instinct in you is going to kick in and you won’t be able to stop it, and if that happens you might feed on your boyfriend or one of your friends. Nobody wants that, they will kick you out of that lot, and make you feed yourself or you aren’t allowed to be around them. Your body will tell you to feed yourself; you won’t be able to eat regular food. So you see Jeremy, it’s going to be difficult for you and for whoever is near you..." When Josh finished speaking, I had to literally stop myself from throwing up. What he stated I knew for a fact was true, I couldn’t deny that it wouldn’t be difficult.

 

I didn’t know what to think or how to react to what Josh was telling me, but I knew he was right and I had to follow what he was telling me. I didn’t want to be kicked out of the lot, so I knew I had to feed myself with human blood…‘Yummy’ I thought.

 

"So how I will I know when I’m hungry, and when I will need blood. I don’t want to feed on my friends or my love of my life?" I asked a simple question but I felt stupid for asking it.

 

"Jeremy, you will know... Your stomach will growl and it’s not the hungry kind of feeling when you were a human. It will be different, it’s like something else deep down inside you, and of course when that happens there will be pain, a lot of pain. Just believe me when I tell you this, you will know. Also keep track of when you need to feed, you feed once a month unless you loose a lot of blood during a fight. Yes, you will be in fights… a lot of them to be exact. So you will also need to learn how fight… Furthermore your extra... every vampire has one, no-one is the same. Every vampire has a unique extra; it just depends on how your life was. Your previous life has everything to do with your life in the darkness! After you wake up, just ask Blake, I think that’s his name. He will know..." That’s all Josh had to say about it.

 

"Like wow, Josh. I never knew about this stuff, are you sure that you’re allowed to tell me these things. Therefore, what I need to remember is monthly feeding, no human food, learn how to fight, and I will sometimes hate living in darkness. Well I think that sums it up…Thank you so much for this bit of information... I will try to remember. Anyways, how long will I be out before I can wake up, and start living in the night?" I had to take breather that was a lot to say

 

"Your welcome my young friend, so what do you want to do now?" He asked

 

"I have no clue, just sit here and play some cards and drink some booze I guess, agree?!" I asked half stupidly

 

"Ok, let’s play some cards and have some fun before you return to your own time." he said smirking at me

 

After a while of playing cards I got tired along with him, I didn’t go home that night or the night after that or the night after that. I didn’t know when I was going home, but at least I had fun staying with Josh and his crew. I must say I didn’t miss my real life, even though I knew I had to go back sooner or later. I hope that it would be soon.

 

~*~*~

 

After about week of not going back to reality I became scared, I was beginning to miss Asher and all the rest. However, the more I thought of the wonderful times that Asher and I shared, even though it wasn’t anything major, just one blowjob. I gave that to Asher, he was suppose to return the favor the next night but that gang of vampires kidnapped me and did what I didn’t think could be possible.

 

Ever since that day/night, I kept thinking of Asher and how he was taking this. I wanted to be mad at him for not showing up when I asked GOD for help. I knew it wasn’t his fault my cell phone got broke; I couldn’t help but miss him with every beat of my dead heart. I miss him with every second, without him here life didn’t mean anything for me.

 

I’ve gotten to know Josh and his crew; I still didn’t know anyone else’s name but Josh’s. I hoped that I would be able to go home soon, I was having fun with them but my life didn’t belong here, it belonged to the one I loved the most and that is Asher. I cried some nights thinking that I wouldn’t get to see my angels face, it hurt more and more until I couldn’t handle it anymore. I got angry and started to hit the walls with all my might, Josh tried to calm me down. It worked for a while but occasionally that anger just built up until I had to take it out on a wall. I didn’t want to start a fight with him or his crew; I just knew that it would end very badly for me.

 

The longer I stayed with Josh, the more I missed Asher and his beauty. I had to go home soon, I couldn’t stand being away from him anymore, I asked Josh one night when I will be leaving and he said not for another 3 weeks. I didn’t like that answer, I cried that night until the big sleep took hold of me; I knew it had to be dawn that was approaching. I didn’t like it but I didn’t have choice.

 

"GOD I MISS ASHER!” I yelled before the big sleep took me

 

That night while I slept, I had a dream about Asher and how I loved him, I wanted to see him so bad that in this dream we were running towards each other. In the daylight no less, I knew it had to be a dream since we’re vampires, I only wanted him to hold and to touch and to feel. I longed for that kiss when I got around to waking up from the crossing over part; I had to be patient for I wouldn’t drive myself insane.

 

I only had one week left, I could feel myself getting ready to leave this place, and I’ve grown accustomed to this place. I knew where to go and how to do it too... I was scared the first time Josh asked me to do something; I didn’t think I could but I did it anyways. I made myself believe that Josh would appreciate it, so I did what he asked. IF you ask me to tell you, I wouldn’t know how to...

 

When the night came for me to return to my time, I told Josh and the others that I would miss them. And hopefully I would come back and visit them soon; they knew it was going to happen sooner or later. So that night I was anxious to get out of here, I think Josh knew it too. I couldn’t stay still…I wanted to walk or pace back and forth, he got angry with me because I couldn’t stay still. He knew why that was but he had a short fuse, and I knew this. So I tried to stay still but my body wouldn’t let me. So they taped me to a chair and told me to stay, without any word what so ever…

 

…I woke up out of sleep!

To be continued!!!

((Hugz)) And ((Kizzes)) ^Remijay^ & **Ricky**

Pleae, review, comment, vote... Thanks once again... Book 2 will be here shortly.

With Love Remijay <3
This story is in no way, shape or form to be sold. Everyone in this story is fictional, meaning they're not real. If by any chance you want to copy my work, please write me and ask. Thank you Remijay <br /><br />Oct 19th, 2011 , (Author)Remijay
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I had a feeling of deja vu all the way through. Finally figured out why. There is an uncomfortable similarity to the opening of Gone From Daylight, the pier, the junkyard.....

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..