Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,586 Words
  • 3,431 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twist of Fate - 6. Chapter 6

Long over do. I know. Lately things have become hectic. And i turned to reading instead of writing. Here is another chapter enjoy

Twist of Fate

Chapter 6

 

This is story wasn’t supposed to be dramatic or a soap opera. It was meant as a walk along through my years of high school. What I didn’t know and what people didn’t tell me was how hard it was going to get. They didn’t tell me that I had to deal with a past friend, or that I would be dealing with emotions and situations, that I wouldn’t normally be dealing with. This was supposed to be the year that I found myself, became who I am supposed to be, what I am meant to do. But no, that couldn’t happen.

You guys have already had a glimpse of what happened so far. There is still a lot left unsaid and to be dealt with. I wish I could tell you that I am still in the closet and that everything didn’t happen. Sadly that would be lying. I couldn’t do that to you guys. My only output, without this site I would be mute.

It may seem that I am whining or maybe even kicking and screaming. Honestly though, I am writing this so the few people that do read this can relate. Maybe even put it to use in their own way and use it for themselves. That is why I am writing this, why I am telling my story from my point of view. There will be chapters or parts where my friends thoughts are put into words for you, my readers.

Please continue to comment and explain. Tell me why you feel that way, how can I improve or what parts of the story didn’t really make sense.

Thank you,

Aiden Smith. J

 

____

 

The week passed quickly enough with little to no drama. Jason hasn’t really bothered me much. He was in all honestly, alright. I know, I know I’m supposed to hate or fake that I do. I just don’t know really. It’s weird we hating each other one moment and then next, bam. We like each other? Shaking my head I look my left and spot mister perfect with a group of girls. ‘Yea, fake while you still can. I know that you like me, just like I use to like you.’ I said to myself

“Hey Aiden, any news on…” Courtney didn’t finish that statement, she looked past me and spotted Jason.

“Do we still hate him or are we moving on from that?” She asks

“He apologized to me the other night. I accepted his apology, but I did tell him that if he tries anything or does anything mean towards me or my friends that the agreement would be off and we would hate him again. Plus he said that he wouldn’t out me to the school which is a good thing.”

“Well at least I can start chatting with him. He’s so hot.” She fans herself

“Stop that. He is drool worthy, but he doesn’t do it for me anymore.”

“That’s because he was an asshole towards you when you guys were younger. Now though, things have changed. People move on. Things happen. I don’t know Aiden. He doesn’t seem like the same guy that you were speaking of the other night. From what I have recently learned about mister Jason. He seems nicer in a way. More friendly, at least to me, that’s how he is.”

“Thank you Court. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. I’ll try to give him some slack.”

“That’s the only thing that can we do, sweetie.” She half-hugs me and we walk to my car.

“Hey Aiden wait up.” Calls Jason

We wait, “Hey, man. Could you give me a ride? My car broke down this morning. Left me stranded on the side of the road this morning. Missed homeroom by thirty minutes. The secretary didn’t like that I was late but that’s her problem, I couldn’t just leave the car there. My parents would have killed me.” Jason looks at me with sad puppy dog eyes.

“Yea, I guess I could do that. C’mon.”

“Thanks man.” Courtney looks at me weird or was is it something else. I roll my eyes at her, and we giggle.

“You’re welcome.”

I felt weird; Jason is in my car that my parents bought. One of my good friends is sitting next to me, and the car is uncomfortably quiet. The tension that filled the car could strangle someone. I don’t know, I can’t really explain it. I used to have a crush on Jason, I used to do everything with him, but now I view him as a stranger with a past. I have new friends, new experiences. They were all great towards me, and they know about my being gay. Unlike Jason, where I felt alone, miserable because I couldn’t tell him, mad at myself that I liked someone and they didn’t know. But in the end, the result was I being beaten and tossed aside because he didn’t know how he felt when he found out. Now almost four years later, we start back to how we used to be. Can it be the same?

“Aiden…” Someone calls my name, “Aiden!” Courtney yells at me.

“Oh… ah.. Yea?” I ask

“You weren’t listening were you?” Like usual

“Sorry, I was in my own little world. What’s up?” I ask, I looked in the rear view mirror, Jason chose that moment to look at me.

“I said can you drop me at my boyfriends?” I look towards her, surprised

“You have a boyfriend?”

“Um duh Aiden, it’s like going on two years for us. Where has your head been recently…” She turns around and starts talking to Jason, “This is what I’m talking about Jason, Aiden is a space case recently. You sure you want to hang with him?” They both giggle

“Yea, he’s always been like that though. Always thinking or fantasizing about something. But I think it’s time that I pull my head out my ass and be a friend to him.”

“That’s sweet. But I won’t hesitate to tell you told you so.”

“Thanks for the warning, but I got this.”

Pulling into the driveway, I look to Courtney we hug and kiss each other on the cheek. “I’ll call you later.” She said to me before she hopped out and walked to his door. Jason got into the front seat. Now it’s just him and I. Can this get any more awkward?”

“Aiden?” Jason asks timidly

“Mmm?” I look towards him for a split second

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what’s up?” As I turned left onto Georgia parkway.

“Do you still not like me?” he asked, I can hear the fear in his voice. Why is he afraid all of sudden?

“I haven’t not disliked you Jason. You broke my heart in more than one way. I should hate you but I don’t… After what happened between us Jason, I was afraid that if anyone found out that we would do to me that you did. I cried myself to sleep almost every night for a year, because I missed you. I missed seeing you, hanging with you, doing everything together. I stopped shortly… Missing you, I mean. Before freshman year. I couldn’t keep going like I have been. I needed a change and that started with my first friend. She knew everything about me. I told her everything. Anyway, back to what we were discussing, I like you just fine Jason.”

“I didn’t know that, I am sorry, Aiden.” He puts his hand on my arm, it felt electric, like a zap.

“that’s because you weren’t there. So no harm no foul.” He rubs my arm. It felt way too good.

“Stop that.” He pauses his stroking

“Why?”

“Because Jason, that’s not calming me, I’m getting turned on.” I blush, he takes back his hand like it was on fire.

“See I knew you still haven’t come all the way. You still act like my being gay is a virus or something…”

“No I don’t I just don’t want you to think that, that’s all I want from you. If you haven’t figured it out by now…”

“Figured what out, that you’re teasing me? Flirting with me off an on. Oh I know. I just didn’t pay any attention to that, because you aren’t ready.” I look back at the road. I look towards him and he seemed really sad watching the scenery go by.

“We have about five more minutes before we turn left onto my street Aiden.”

“Hey, what I said. I didn’t mean it,”

“Yes you did. You meant every word you said. Look Aiden I wish I was ready to tell you. God only knows how many times I wanted to come by your house and beg for your forgiveness. I didn’t because I hurt you; I destroyed the one friend that meant everything to me. It hurts to know just how much now.”

“I want to start fresh. I want to make a whole new experience with you, Jason. When you are ready to talk. You know my number and you know where I live and go to school. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing. I’ll be there for you.”

“Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says

“You’re welcome. Tomorrow definitely.” I wait for him to go inside before pulling away

“Now to keep that promise. I have some thinking to do, regarding Mister Jason.”

Comment, like, leave a message on the forum. email me with questions concerns. I always like feedback, it gives us writing something to look forward to. Starz0507@gmail.com
This story belongs to the Author. Any characters or places said in the stories is coincidences. (2016) (Remijay) All Rights Reserved
  • Like 34
  • Love 4
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, here comes snarky!!! 'is' is a 'to be' verb and as such does not take an object. "Now it’s just him and I" therefore uses the wrong case for the pronoun -- it should read, "now it is just he and I". I know that is not the way teens talk, however, and you are doing 'teen talk' here, so this is not a monumental error, just something to consider for the future as an author.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am not a person who judges how people spell or form sentences. I have even found #1 best sellers make a mistake and their editors too. No one is perfect on this earth! 

I hope Jason finally tells Aiden soon!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..