Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chance Encounters - 1. Ch. 1 ~ The Beginning

A haze of smoke seemed to envelop Simon as he stepped through the heavy metal doors into the darkened atmosphere of the night club. He took a glance around as he started through the throng of bodies that were moving on the dance floor and let loose a slight chuckle as he watched one guy who had absolutely no rhythm try to move with the music. Out of habit he tried to see if he recognized anybody but the place was so crowded because of it being a Friday night that he couldn’t make out very many faces in the low light conditions. Making his way through the throng, Simon sidled up and took a vacated stool at the bar and settled in to watch the dancers. When one of the harried bartenders made his way over to him, Simon took the opportunity to order a jack and coke. A couple minutes later, with his drink grasped in his hand, he took a small drink before turning his attention back to the crowd.

Despite the place being a known pick-up joint for men looking for some fun with other men, Simon never came in with the intention of finding someone to go home with. Every once in a while he would hook up with someone for the night, but it was far from the norm. Instead he enjoyed coming in and people watching, occasionally going out on the dance floor to help himself relax after a long day. Simon’s attention was caught by a group of men who had just entered the club, and he had a bad feeling that they were there to start trouble. Simon shook his head as he tried to dislodge the thoughts, he usually wasn’t one to make judgments based on appearance, but no matter what he did he couldn’t shake the feeling of something being off with that particular group of guys. Deciding his best course of action would be to just steer clear of the group, he watched until he saw where the men converged and made a note to stay away from their area.

“People watching again are we?” A voice said from next to him. He had been so caught up in keeping an eye on the group of men who had unsettled him that he hadn’t even noticed his buddy Josh walk up beside him.

“Hey Josh,” Simon greeted his buddy, reaching out and clasping a hand to the other mans shoulder. “I’m surprised you were even able to find me in here.”

“Yeah, it is pretty packed, but you pretty much always sit at the bar if you’re not out there dancing. So you just people watching tonight or you planning on going out there?” Josh asked with a shudder at how crowded the place was.

“I know better than to go out there when it’s this cramped. I’d be liable to bump into someone and end up starting a fight.”

“Yeah right,” Josh answered with a laugh. “Just about any of the men out there wouldn’t mind if you bumped into them.” Josh managed to catch a bartender’s attention and order his own beer off tap before turning to study his friend. Simon’s blonde hair had a few light brown highlights, which when spiked up, made him look even younger than his actual twenty nine years. His bright blue eyes seemed to shine out from his face and his lips always seemed as though they were curved up in a slight smile. His entire face was attractive in its own right, but once added to the rest of his five foot ten frame, Josh was sure that Simon could have just about anybody he wanted. His chest and forearms were beautifully sculpted from hours spent every week working out, and his legs were just as perfectly formed. If Josh were completely honest with himself, he had to admit that Simon had played a part in many of his own fantasies. Despite how attracted he was though, he had long ago decided that he would never risk the friendship he had with Simon by pursuing a relationship that may or may not work out.

“I’m not going to argue with you,” Simon laughed. “Doesn’t mean I agree with you, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree. What are you doing here tonight?”

“Jordan is supposed to meet me here,” Josh answered, naming his boyfriend of the last few months. “I don’t think we’ll hang here for too long though, we both have fairly early days tomorrow.”

Simon simply nodded and when the bartender brought over Josh’s drink, Simon ordered another one for himself. He continued to chat with Josh until Jordan came in and found him over at the bar before dragging him onto the dance floor. He watched the two men move together out on the dance floor and had to fight to tamp down the envy that filled him at what his best friend had found. He wouldn’t mind having someone himself, but his relationships never seemed to work out. When the bar area got even more crowded, Simon took his drink and made his way through the throng of people, momentarily forgetting about the group of men that he had noticed earlier. It wasn’t until he accidentally bumped into one of them that he realized that he had managed to meander over to where they were all clumped together.

“Sorry,” Simon managed to mutter before heading in the other direction, not waiting to see what the guy’s reaction was that he’d bumped into. In an effort to calm his nerves he quickly finished off his drink before setting the glass on an empty table and heading in the direction of the bathrooms. He was grateful that this particular night club kept a close eye on things and generally nothing sexual ever happened like some of the more unsavory clubs. He made quick work of relieving himself and despite only having the two drinks, after tucking everything away he fumbled with his zipper and had to really force himself to concentrate in order to zip up his jeans. He shook his head to try and clear it before stumbling slightly and having to grab hold of the wall to make his way out of the bathroom. Deciding it was time to leave, Simon headed towards the door of the club, at least that’s where he planned on heading. As he let go of the wall supporting him he felt like the room had begun spinning.

“Looks like you could use a little help,” a gruff voice stated from behind him. He turned towards the voice and would have fallen if heavily muscled arms hadn’t reached out and grabbed him. Looking up at his savior he barely recognized one of the men from the group that had came in earlier, and suddenly he couldn’t remember why he had stayed away from them. The man who had a hold of him was extremely gorgeous in kind of a dark way, and Simon’s inhibitions seemed to melt away as he ran his fingers over the man’s chest.

“Damn that’s hard,” Simon said, or rather, thought he said. Instead the words came out slurred and barely understandable.

“That’s not the only thing that’s hard,” the man answered as he grasped Simon’s hand and moved it down to cup the impressive bulge that was pressing against the man’s tight jeans.

Simon couldn’t help himself as he gave the man’s cock a squeeze through his jeans before allowing the guy to lead him from the club. He didn’t realize how out of character it was for him to be behaving in such a way with someone who he didn’t know. He just knew that he wanted something of what was in the guy’s pants. By the time they exited the club; Simon couldn’t even stand on his own feet and essentially gave himself over to the man who had his arms around him. Before they even made it to the guy’s car, Simon was nearly passed out. He never felt himself being jerked out of the guy’s arms, and never saw the dark and imposing figure that had stepped out of the shadows and came to his rescue.

The entire episode was over in a matter of minutes and the man who had supposedly assisted Simon from the club was crumpled to the pavement next to his car and Simon’s rescuer wrapped his arms around Simon’s waist and maneuvered him away from the other man and his car. Once they were far enough from where he had left the man knocked out he lowered Simon down and dug in the back pocket of Simon’s jeans looking for his wallet.

“God this gets so old,” Richard muttered as he pulled the man’s wallet out of his pocket and quickly found his driver’s license. This wasn’t the first guy he had rescued and it probably wouldn’t be his last, but he had thought the man was younger than he was. “Well Simon, why don’t we get you home,” Richard told the unconscious guy before stuffing the wallet back in his pocket and deciding the easiest way to get him home would be to hail a cab.

It didn’t take long for him to find a cab and Richard spent the next ten minutes with Simon slumped next to him as he tried to keep his arousal under control. He felt the relief flood his body as the cab finally pulled up in front of a set of townhouses. He quickly paid the cab driver before sliding Simon out of the car and reaching his fingers into the pocket of the man’s jeans and digging out a set of keys. He was grateful that the guy only had a few keys on the key ring and it didn’t take long to find the right one to open the front door. Shutting the door behind him he got the man settled on the couch while he went in search of the man’s bedroom. Once he knew where his bedroom was he retrieved the unconscious man and took him into the bedroom and laid him on the bed.

Deciding to make the guy more comfortable he eased Simon’s shoes off before undoing the button on his jeans and sliding the pants off and tossing them into a corner. He carefully lifted the man’s upper body up off of the bed and maneuvered his shirt over his head before settling him back against the pillow. He had to struggle not to stare at the man’s sculpted body before pulling the covers up and covering the tempting sight. Despite having done this same thing a few times before, Richard was unprepared for the desire that overcame his body. Glancing around the room, he located a chair and pulled it a bit closer to the bed before settling himself in it. He always made it a point of keeping an eye on the victims until the drug had worn off. A couple of people he had rescued had ended up with severe reactions to whatever drug they had been given, and so he made it a point to ensure that the victims were in the clear before leaving them. Usually he could find a book or something to keep him occupied, but glancing around the room he couldn’t see one lying anywhere.

A few hours later he noticed the man finally beginning to stir and after checking him one last time he decided Simon was out of the woods and that it would be safe to leave. Climbing to his feet, he felt something he hadn’t felt before when leaving someone he had rescued. The feeling of regret seemed to permeate his body and he had to force his feet to move out of the room. Taking a last glance at the man in the bed, Richard noticed the eyelids start to flutter open and finally was able to force himself to leave the townhouse, locking the door securely behind him.

Copyright © 2010 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I thought this chapter wasn't bad, but I noticed the lack of descriptions for anyone besides the main characters. We have no image of Simon's buddy Josh and his boyfriend, even though Simon watched them on the dance floor.

Richard removing Simon's clothes to make him more comfortable seemed odd. Doesn't make a lot of sense for people who would have been raped. Were the "people" he helped men, women, or both? Vague.

Link to comment
On 08/18/2012 12:23 PM, Eleven said:
I thought this chapter wasn't bad, but I noticed the lack of descriptions for anyone besides the main characters. We have no image of Simon's buddy Josh and his boyfriend, even though Simon watched them on the dance floor.

Richard removing Simon's clothes to make him more comfortable seemed odd. Doesn't make a lot of sense for people who would have been raped. Were the "people" he helped men, women, or both? Vague.

Thanks for the review! You're right in that there's not a lot of descriptions for everyone else, that's primarily because they are not major players throughout the story. As for Richard, he is meant to be a bit vague at this point. We learn more and more about him as the story continues.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..