Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thwarted - 8. Chapter Eight

The Prompt: "You're treading a fine line here..."

Mark pushed open the door of Kerplunked, his gaze immediately searching the crowd for Trey. He hadn’t seen the other man since the previous Sunday and had been looking forward to tonight ever since they had talked on Wednesday. He’d felt much better once Trey had explained he’d been on a training exercise and that’s why they hadn’t been able to connect.

Not seeing Trey, he glanced at his watch and shrugged. He was a little bit early but had waited as long as he could. He moved to the bar to wait and ordered a draft. He’d have ordered Trey a drink too but wasn’t sure what he’d want.

Mug in hand, he turned on his stool and surveyed the bar. No one really snagged his attention, but that could have also been because every time the door opened his gaze shot to it only to have disappointment course through his veins when it wasn’t Trey. Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the door opened and Trey stepped inside, his gaze immediately landing on Mark. He strode across the room and stopped in front of Mark.

“You made it.” Trey lowered his head and brushed his lips against Mark’s.

Mark deepened the kiss and savored the taste of Trey, and of mint, for a moment before he pulled back and smiled up at the younger man. “Did you doubt it?”

“No, not really. I see you started without me.” Trey nodded at the mug clasped in Mark’s hand and stepped around him, motioning to the bartender.

“Yeah, I got here a little early.” Mark swiveled on his stool and studied Trey from his perch. He hadn’t noticed it at first, but the other man seemed tense. “You okay?”

Trey looked at him and smiled but it never reached his eyes. “Yeah, I’m okay.” Refuting his words, as soon as he had a drink in his hand he downed a third of it.

Mark forced himself not to push. If Trey wanted to tell him what was bothering him, he would. Until then, Mark just had to be patient. “Wanna get a booth?”

“Actually,” Trey downed another third of his beer and slammed his mug down on the bar, “I know it was my idea to come here, but what say we blow this joint?”

“Okay.” Mark doubted there was very much that he wouldn’t agree to if it meant spending time with Trey. He set his still nearly fully mug on the bar and stood. He followed as Trey led the way out of the bar. Once they were outside Trey turned to him.

“Where to?”

“Dunno,” Mark shrugged, he wasn’t the one who had suggested they leave. “I had thought maybe you had a destination in mind. You sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine; just don’t want to be around a lot of people.” He looked around them for a moment before his gaze settled back on Mark. “Can we go to your place?”

Mark was surprised but wasn’t going to argue. Trey was obviously anything but fine and if Mark would do whatever he could to lessen whatever burden the younger man was carrying. Within minutes they were speeding towards his apartment.

 
***


Mark shut the door behind him and immediately found himself pushed up against the door and Trey’s lips locked onto his. He was surprised, but not unpleasantly so, and wrapped his arms around Trey and returned the kiss with everything in him. He backed him further into the room and carefully supported his lover’s weight as he lowered them both onto the couch.

Trey started struggling beneath him and it took a minute before Mark realized that he was trying to get to the button on his pants. Mark pulled his arms from underneath the younger man and braced himself on them while Trey deftly unbuttoned and unzipped his jeans. Trey’s fingers slipped inside his pants and wrapped around his rapidly growing cock.

Mark groaned at the feeling of the warm hand wrapped around him. He’d only jerked off once since he’d seen Trey last and it wouldn’t take much to make him shoot. He lowered his head and rested his forehead against Treys as he struggled to get his breathing under control.

“Please,” Trey groaned, “need to feel you inside me.” Trey’s fist stroked him a couple times in the confines of his jeans.

“You’re treading a fine line here if you want me to fuck you.” Mark leaned down and kissed Trey before pulling back and explaining. “Much more of that and I’ll come before I even have the chance to get inside you.”

Trey jerked his hand free and pushed Mark off him. The move was so sudden that Mark couldn’t even form a thought before Trey was off the couch and grasping his hand. He was ceremoniously pulled off the couch and dragged to his room, not that he was protesting.

Trey was nearly frantic as he divested them both of their clothes and then pushed Mark backwards onto the bed. Mark wasn’t sure what had gotten into him and briefly wondered if he should be resisting. His indecision only lasted a few seconds before Trey was on top of him and kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

The Prompt: "You're treading a fine line here..."
Copyright © 2016 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Something happened on that training mission, I'm guessing somebody died either a team member or someone they were supposed to rescue. Hopefully after Trey "connects" he will be able to tell Mark what happened. It tells a lot about how Trey feels that he went to Mark to reconnect. Good chapter will be interesting to see what happens next.

Link to comment

I agree with Daithi; something must have happened that Trey is so frantic to connect to Mark. It's like if something horrible happened on the mission, Trey is trying to continue living and being connected so intimately with another person is a good way of doing that. ;)

Link to comment
On 09/20/2013 01:53 PM, Lisa said:
I agree with Daithi; something must have happened that Trey is so frantic to connect to Mark. It's like if something horrible happened on the mission, Trey is trying to continue living and being connected so intimately with another person is a good way of doing that. ;)
Thanks for the review Lisa! I agree that it would have taken something major to make Trey be acting like he was during this chapter. Thank you again.
Link to comment
On 09/20/2013 05:38 AM, Daithi said:
Something happened on that training mission, I'm guessing somebody died either a team member or someone they were supposed to rescue. Hopefully after Trey "connects" he will be able to tell Mark what happened. It tells a lot about how Trey feels that he went to Mark to reconnect. Good chapter will be interesting to see what happens next.
Agreed Daithi that something happened, the question is, what. I really wanted to highlight that even though they haven't known each other that long there is definitely a connection between them.
Link to comment

Something is really making Trey needy and I think Daithi and Lisa were on to something. Again, I'm lucky I can immediately go to the next short chapter!

Link to comment
On 10/21/2013 11:37 AM, Daddydavek said:
Something is really making Trey needy and I think Daithi and Lisa were on to something. Again, I'm lucky I can immediately go to the next short chapter!
Sometimes I wish I could give spoilers, but that would ruin it! See, sometimes it's a good thing when you start a story after a few chapters have been posted, lol. Thank you Daddydave!! Hope you continue to enjoy!!!
Link to comment

Strange response.

Not sure that I'd say something happened on the training mission....

I am more inclined to think that Trey has been given a deployment to a war zone?

Something about going in country makes a man feel very insignificant and mortal all of a sudden. Like return might very well not be on the cards.

But then again, this is me second guessing.

Interesting chapter even if somewhat leaves us way up in the air. :P

Link to comment
On 11/26/2013 12:32 PM, Yettie One said:
Strange response.

Not sure that I'd say something happened on the training mission....

I am more inclined to think that Trey has been given a deployment to a war zone?

Something about going in country makes a man feel very insignificant and mortal all of a sudden. Like return might very well not be on the cards.

But then again, this is me second guessing.

Interesting chapter even if somewhat leaves us way up in the air. :P

Ahhh, but that's the catch isn't it, the not knowing. They already know that Trey is going to be deployed and have known that since shortly after they met. Aren't you glad that you were able to read ahead so that you didn't have to keep guessing? lol...

 

And I NEVER leave things up in the air :P

Link to comment

..."And I NEVER leave things up in the air"

 

...not even ankles? :-)

 

have be enjoyed the story so,far and am looking forward to getting to know these guys a whole lot better!

 

Thank you for sharing Renee!

Link to comment
On 09/17/2014 11:39 AM, KevinD said:
..."And I NEVER leave things up in the air"

 

...not even ankles? :-)

 

have be enjoyed the story so,far and am looking forward to getting to know these guys a whole lot better!

 

Thank you for sharing Renee!

LOL. I'm glad you've enjoyed the story up to here and I hope you keep enjoying it! Thank you!!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..