Jump to content

Mexico

   (2 reviews)

Phil Weber, a Iowa college math teacher in his mid-twenties, heads off to Mexico for the summer, to try and forget his ex-lover. He's looking for an adventure, and he finds a couple he hadn't expected.

Copyright 2011 by Richard Eisbrouch

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sojourn

· Edited by sojourn

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

It was a delightful read that presented real, well fleshed out characters in realistic scenarios. As good a short story as I have ever read. It satisfied, but left me wanting more.  As in all really good stories I became enamored of the main characters and wanted everything tied up in a neat little package with all issues resolved. The ending left a very pleasant taste on my tongue with the promise of total fulfillment just beyond the last paragraph.

Jim

Response from the author:

Thanks.  I just noticed this review from five years ago so apologize for only getting back to you now.  And, yeah, this is a nice, light, take-to-the-beach piece, written with no other purpose than to entertain.  Glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 1
Link to review
mate

  

Excellent vacation story: introduction to another atmosphere, another kind of people, different language and different way to live.

A fun light story, well worth the stars. 

Response from the author:

Thanks.  As mentioned below, this piece was written just for readers to enjoy, and I have a handful of stories like that on this site.  I largely think of myself as a writer of light comedy but don't push it because everyone's sense of humor is personal.  Glad this story connected for you.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..