Jump to content
    Rip Skor
  • Author
  • 1,810 Words
  • 13,973 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boy Story: The Road Taken - 1. It's a Boys World

Just a little background information to show how a seed was sown early in my school years—a sown seed that lay dormant—yet as any sown seed, was capable of reawakening one day, or not. This background information is not yet our main story, but is important in explaining possible motivation for later developments.
It's A Boy's World
 
Truth be told I always had a thing for boys ever since elementary school. No, not like that. It was all a part of making friends. You have to like your friends, right? So that’s what I'm getting at. But before the end of my middle school years, I had developed a boy crush, although I didn’t recognize it as such at the time. I just figured if I found a boy to be attractive, then I wanted to be his friend, or perhaps I wanted to be him. I hadn’t quite figured it out yet.
 
My first crush was a boy named Joey in eighth grade, which would be age 13 or 14. I was not friends with Joey, so to him I was just another kid he barely knew in a couple of his classes. He was popular and cute and I wasn’t the only one to notice. Girls used to go out of their way to walk to the next class with him. I’d sometimes see three girls jockeying for position as they walked with him down the hall. The scene reminded me of those pop stars who would have girls screaming and chasing after them. Only here there was no screaming and running because he was not a star and the girls weren’t quite sure what it was they were feeling. They just knew he was cute and friendly, so they were hooked. At that age, sex was not even a blip on the radar for those girls. But the seedlings were being sown in earnest in our middle school hallways, and Joey was the culprit.
 
I would often find myself discretely following maybe eight feet or so behind watching the routine unfolding before me. Although come to think of it, a lot of the time my eyes were glued to his butt. He had a love of slim-cut Levis, of course he was a slim boy so nothing odd there. But the way those Levis fit around his backside is burned into my memory forever. I’d watch each "V" on the back pockets as they pulsed up and down rhythmically when he walked. He enjoyed his slim-cut Levis...and so did I.
 
Occasionally, he would be walking down a hallway solo, except for me and my eyes locked in, still keeping the requisite distance behind. If you added it all up, I probably spent more days following Joey than any of those girls walking with him. So in my mind, I was his most ardent, yet covert, admirer.
 
It was in eighth grade when we were forced to take swimming for 6 weeks in Phys Ed. Knowing how to swim is an important thing to learn, maybe THE most important thing to learn before reaching high school. It was a good idea in theory. We were bussed across town to the middle school that had a pool. Then we'd change into our swim trunks, shower, have a swimming lesson, shower, change back into our street clothes, and bus back all within 45 minutes. Seems a bit tight, but we somehow managed to get it in, although we’d usually be a few minutes late for English class.
 
“Don’t blame us. We were on the bus waiting for the girls,” we’d say.
And the girls would respond, “We had to wash our hair!”
“We wash our hair too!” we’d shoot back.
 
Joey happened to be in my PE class where we were required to shower before and after swimming, but we did so with our swim trunks on. The only chance for me to see Joey naked was during the change into and out of the swim trunks. The lockers were against three walls forming a big U. He was always changing over with his popular friends, and I was across with everyone else. I always changed facing away from the locker where I would frequently get a visual of his bare butt, until one of his friends would catch me looking and I'd quickly turn away, thankfully before anything was suspected. But one thing I did notice was that bare butt I saw in the locker room was not what I had imagined was in his jeans. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but it looked so small and nondescript outside those jeans. Which just goes to show you, sometimes the frame goes a long way in helping the picture. To my dismay, I never did get to see the holy grail in front. But sometimes the fantasy of what you can’t see is much more alluring, so maybe it was better left unseen.
 
Joey mysteriously disappeared in high school after Freshman year (Grade 9). I heard later that his family moved to a larger house across town, so he had to change high schools. I considered him the best-looking boy in the whole school, so when he was gone, few other boys managed to elicit a crush in me. So sure, there were fleeting moments of titillation with other boys, but again, no boy consumed my attention as Joey had.

Of course, since there were more students in high school than middle school, there were more boys who were worth discretely checking out; either from behind or with a sideways glance from the front. And occasionally I’d catch a boy with a tootsie roll in his pants. I don’t mean a full-on boner (that would put it out of tootsie roll range for most boys), but perhaps as a high school textbook might describe it: “A temporary mispositioning causing a more defined outline than is perhaps intended.”

And then some of my interactions with girls would somehow inexplicably lead me back to boys. You see, in Freshman year there was this girl who was in one of my classes and really peaked my interest. She had blond hair and blue eyes and she was very pretty, which is why I quickly noticed her. She was thin and hadn't fully developed yet since we were only about 14 at the time. And she was very innocent looking. You know, pure. Certainly a virgin at 14 years of age. Her name was Becky, and I would easily declare her one of the prettiest girls in our class. Of course, this placed her out of my league. But whenever I'd see her, I'd observe and watch with interest. She had a secret fan in me.

It didn't take long for the local good-looking bad boy in school, John, to become her boyfriend. Yes, I found him cute too. They certainly belonged together—the most beautiful girl and the best looking boy in our class (now that Joey was gone) managed to find each other. If you think the main plot in the movie Grease, you'd be on the right track. The pure girl meets the cute local juvenile delinquent. By Junior year, they had a spot against the wall at the intersection of two main hallways, where they would often make out between classes. Unabashedly, right out in the open. Deep, open mouth kissing with tongues down each other's throats. I knew by that point, he had certainly deflowered her. How did I know? Because if I were him, I would have. You don't suck face like that in public if there isn't more going on behind closed doors. While I would deride their public displays to my friends, I secretly wanted to be him. The hottest guy in the school, with the hottest girl, displaying his ownership of her for all of the other students to see. Revolting yet arousing. I often wondered what it would be like to make out with her, yet sometimes I wondered what it would be like to make out with him.

At the time, tight, broken-in jeans were the overwhelming fashion choice for the popular boys. Every day, John wore jeans that looked as if they were painted on. You could admire the structure and shape of his legs without getting to see everything. It was like he was throwing his admirers a bone. You get just a little taste. And speaking of "bone" is the whole point of this passage. You see, I'd generally pass them making out in the hall once or twice a day. And when they were breaking it off and heading to class, I'd glance at his crotch. Nothing! How can that be? How can he be engaging in what is pretty much foreplay in public with one of the hottest girls in our class and not get hard? I know I couldn't accomplish that in school with tight pants because I'd obviously be sporting wood. I checked his crotch as often as it was visible after a make-out session...and nothing. Did he have a small penis? That's probably it. Or was he stoned and unable to get it up? That could be it too. Or was he just not that into her? Unlikely based on their public displays. Regardless, I never understood it.

In the end, John took the sweetest, cutest, most innocent-looking girl and turned her into a slut. She was a bit naive and, of course, no girl would think of saying "no" to the hottest guy in the class. As a result, the die was cast and he ruined her. By Senior year, however, the love affair was over. I never heard the exact reason why. I figured he was visually attracted to her and she was visually attracted to him, which often led to sex. But beyond that, they really had nothing in common. I'm guessing she wanted a relationship with growth potential, and he was happy putting in the little effort he did.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was horny so often during my high school years, I was sometimes masturbating two to three times a day. I figured I’d really have to get a girlfriend if I’m ever going to get any relief. At first, I was not so comfortable with girls, they seemed a bit peculiar. I mean, I was always playing sports with boys and hanging out with my friends at school, so I felt very comfortable in that environment. Fortunately, right before Senior year, the rest of my body caught up with my growth spurts. My face became handsome and my skinny body acquired some definition. That, coincidentally, was about the same time I began to like girls. Why? I wanted to have sex and that was the only accepted avenue, so I was following protocol. And I went on in life dating girls and successfully moving past the boy thing right up into college. Until one day when a chance encounter would drastically change my trajectory. But I’m getting a little ahead of myself.

x

x

x

© 2014 Rip Skor
  • Like 54
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm stoked that you're posting here! Someone (maybe it was Ricky, I don't remember), gave a link to your site in one of the forum threads and I've read the story up to chapter thirteen. Now I can read it from the beginning to re-familiarize myself with it. :)

Link to comment

Liking the start to this story--glad I stopped in (It was labeled as "screenplay"; that format drives me crazy, and I normally bypass 'em!)

Looking forward to seeing where you take this! Bring on the next chapter!

Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 08:32 AM, Robert Rex said:
Liking the start to this story--glad I stopped in (It was labeled as "screenplay"; that format drives me crazy, and I normally bypass 'em!)

Looking forward to seeing where you take this! Bring on the next chapter!

Hi,

 

Thanks for the support. Because most of this story is based on events that actually happened, I see it as a very long movie as opposed to a novel. So to me, "screenplay" seemed more appropriate minus all of the things that makes a screenplay hard to read for enjoyment. But hang in there, we're just getting started!

Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 06:27 AM, Lisa said:
I'm stoked that you're posting here! Someone (maybe it was Ricky, I don't remember), gave a link to your site in one of the forum threads and I've read the story up to chapter thirteen. Now I can read it from the beginning to re-familiarize myself with it. :)
You are absolutely correct. Ricky became my beta reader on my blogsite. He suggested I re-post here because he believes it needs to be read by more people. Eventually both sites will be caught up and then the real work starts. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy it.
Link to comment

This will fascinate me! I read a lot of High School accounts of what this was like for us, but haven't read too many about the college experience.

I like that you prefaced your story with this chapter though. It reflects some of my own experiences...My 'Joey' was Jose and he was rather more direct. :P

 

I enjoy continuing this story. Thanks for posting it here.

Link to comment
On 04/11/2015 02:18 AM, MrM said:
This will fascinate me! I read a lot of High School accounts of what this was like for us, but haven't read too many about the college experience.

I like that you prefaced your story with this chapter though. It reflects some of my own experiences...My 'Joey' was Jose and he was rather more direct. :P

 

I enjoy continuing this story. Thanks for posting it here.

You are very perceptive indeed. Originally this story began with Chapter 2. But I was thinking there are often earlier bits in life that affect our decisions later in life. We are the sum of our experiences. So I felt the Joey chapter was necessary to grease the skids so to speak for the meat and potatoes of this story to unfold. Thanks for reading and commenting!
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 03:26 PM, Daddydavek said:
Just found this story and I get to read over 20 chapters.
Hopefully you'll find it was worth it.

 

I had to write over 20 chapters, so that was the

hard part :)

Link to comment

I've been looking at this story for ages but until now I've never had the time to read it. Cool start to what I think will be a good read.

Link to comment

 I’m always looking for high-quality gay literary escapes. If the first chapter is indicative of the rest of the story,  this is going to be fun. 

Link to comment

Very true, reality does not always match the fantasy. He's gently self-deluded, but not too bad, and Parker seems to be the boy to set him right.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..