Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 2,297 Words
  • 29,714 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Enforcer - 4. Chapter 4

The Timber Pack delegation made their way downstairs, and then headed out on foot toward the main lodge.

Colton and Parker walked hand in hand. Trey and Jed followed a step behind.

They had barely started when Jed’s stomach growled, reminding him he hadn’t eaten in hours. He hoped Colton’s meeting was quick so they could get to the meet and greet to get some food. Jed just knew the buffet was going to be killer—not to mention plentiful.

As a new alpha, Colton had been assigned a mentor by the Lycan Council. The experienced lycan would be Colton’s guide and advisor while he grew into his new role. Colton’s natural instincts were to rebel against the suggestion, but even he had to begrudgingly admit it was a good idea. And while he may have been defiant, he was smart enough not to mouth off to a Council representative.

The fact was Colton sometimes had questions, and he’d be damned if he was going to ask their former alpha, Sheriff Forrest. That man was an asshole. Just like his son.

They found the other alpha by the entrance to the rose garden. The overwhelming mixture of fragrant smells coming from the garden made Jed’s nose itch. He pressed his finger under his nose to hold back an approaching sneeze. When the feeling subsided, he moved his hand away, and his body was subsequently wracked with the biggest sneeze in history.

“Damn!” Trey said as he jumped with a start. “Warn a brother before you blast one out like that.”

Jed sniffled. “Sorry. All these damn flowers.”

The sudden movement of the sneeze made the scar on his back throb, and he had to bite back a groan. There was also the overwhelming urge to throw his back up against a tree and rub around on it until the itch went away.

As they approached the garden, a man turned and gave Colton a direct stare. “Hello, Alpha Butler,” he said with a curt nod of his chin. “I am Alpha Miller Poundstone.”

Miller Poundstone was massive, slightly taller than Colton, close to Jed’s height. He had golden tanned skin, and was dark haired and bearded, very good-looking in a rugged way. His wavy, shoulder-length hair had some flecks of gray running through it, as did his beard. He was definitely older than the Timber Pack men, but younger than what Jed thought a “mentor” would be. He figured it would be some stodgy old wolf who would try to teach Colton “the old ways.”

Then Miller’s eyes slid appreciatively up and down Parker’s body.

Jed and Trey both moved instinctively to protect the Alpha’s mate from the outsider.

Now it made sense to Jed. Colton had apparently got stuck with the gay one. Miller was probably the only openly gay alpha in North America—besides for Colton.

In response to Trey and Jed’s new stances, two men moved from behind to flank Miller. Like Miller, they were both large and muscular.

One man was dark skinned. Wearing black pants and a black tank top, his exposed arms were covered in tattoos. Athletic in build, he looked like he would fit in perfectly on a professional basketball court.

The other had his brown haircut high and tight, and had a very military look about him, accentuated by the camouflage pants he wore. He crossed his arms over his barrel chest, making his already massive bicep muscles bulge out even more.

They were both ready to pounce, and Jed thought things might go downhill pretty damn quick.

Colton balled his fists and growled a deep warning that resonated in his chest as he moved forward to block Parker from Miller’s view.

Miller just chuckled in amusement. He glanced at his men and motioned with his head. Once they stepped back, Miller returned his gaze to Colton. “Relax. I’m not interested in your mate, though he is adorable.”

That earned a little growl from Parker himself.

Miller’s amusement grew. “See? Adorable.” Using his chin, he indicated the men behind him. “This is my beta, Rico, and my enforcer Kittner.”

Rico, the African-American, dipped his chin. Kittner’s eyes remained narrowed, and his lip curled, a menacing scowl still covering his face.

Miller smirked. “My men can be over-protective. I’m sure you know exactly how it is, Colton. Is it okay to call you Colton?”

Colton relaxed a bit, then nodded. “That’s fine, Miller. I imagine we’ll be talking from time to time, and I’d like to keep things somewhat casual between us.”

“Good, then we’re in agreement. Now, why don’t we take a walk?”

As Miller turned, he paused to sniff at Jed. A curious frown crossed his face as he leaned in closer and flared his nostrils. “You smell… hmm…”

Jed turned toward Trey with a face that said, “What the fuck?”

Trey just shrugged.

He wanted to ask Miller about it, but the alpha wolf had already turned, and was walking through the garden’s arched gateway.

Colton and Miller strolled together through the garden path, talking as they got to know each other. Parker followed, and Jed and Trey walked behind him side-by-side, boxing Parker in without the pup even knowing it. Rico and Kittner followed close behind.

Parker was oblivious to the men surrounding him. He looked around the garden, taking everything in with wide eyes. Feeling the pull of the moon, he subconsciously rubbed his bare arms and scratched the back of his neck. Even though the summer days were at their longest, the full moon would soon rise and involuntarily trigger his shift. Jed could feel the tug as well, but it was more like an itch he could ignore if he wanted to. For Parker, it would still be some time before he was able to control his shifts when the moon was full.

While listening to the two alphas talk, Jed learned some things about Miller Poundstone. The older wolf was unmated, and was alpha of the Glacier Pack, which was located in northwestern Montana. He seemed pretty laid back for an alpha, though his two pack-mates seemed to make up for it with the way they kept watch of their surroundings.

After a while, Jed tuned them out, trying to ignore the throbbing between his shoulder blades that had started once more.

* * * *

Once the two alphas finished their conversation, they shook hands, then traded phone numbers.

Not soon enough, Jed thought as his stomach once again rumbled.

The four Timber Pack wolves headed for the meet and greet. They mingled a bit, making careful small talk with other packs. Some seemed to be quite interested in the young pack who had a gay, mated alpha. It was obvious they just wanted fodder for gossip.

It was amazing the difference between all of the packs at Conclave.

One group was dressed in expensive business suits. Next to them was a trio of men wearing leather and denim, who looked like they’d be more at home on bikes than in boardrooms. Another pack was dressed as if they’d just come straight from the gym, wearing track pants and way-too-small douchey T-shirts.

The neighboring Forest View Pack delegation was present as well, having flown in this morning. That was the plan according to Jed’s dad, the last time they spoke. He hadn’t had a chance to talk to him since they arrived at the lodge.

Jed’s father, John Stone, was the Forest View Pack enforcer—his counterpart in his own pack. Colton’s father, Carlton Butler, was the Forest View beta.

The father and son had a somewhat rocky relationship. Colton couldn’t forget the way his father had treated Parker because of his hunger for power. Jed was grateful he didn’t have any such issues with his dad.

Colton and Jed both acknowledged their fathers with a nod, but since Alpha Forrest made no move toward acknowledging their presence, they did not have the chance to speak in person.

A fight broke out between two rival delegations: the gym bros and the bikers. It quickly escalated from shouting to pushing and shoving. Just as they were about to shift and get down to business, a group of alphas stepped in and broke it up.

“Excuse me, Alpha Butler.”

A man approached Colton and bowed his head deferentially to the younger alpha. Jed watched the wolf closely, his muscles tensed and ready to defend against the stranger if necessary.

“Yes?” Colton replied coolly.

“My name is Wyatt. I’m the beta for the De Soto Pack, southern Mississippi. I hear you have taken in a young wolf named Stan McCoy.”

Colton’s eyes narrowed, and his face darkened with anger. He stepped forward into the wolf’s space. “What of it?”

Wyatt dropped his eyes. “I only wanted to make sure Stan was alright.”

“So now you care about the pup’s welfare?”

“All of that… business… happened before I was beta. I challenged our beta after Stan left.”

“That doesn’t excuse the fact you—and your pack—let it happen.”

Jed didn’t know exactly what happened to Stan—it was something that the little omega had shared only with Colton. But Jed did know the young wolf was just about afraid of his own shadow. He was clearly mistreated, and that angered Jed. Like Colton, Jed despised bullies.

Wyatt let out a sigh. “You are right. I didn’t stop it. If I could go back and change things, I would like to think I would. But please understand. We are a… traditional pack. Things are slow to change.”

Colton was silent for a moment, then spoke carefully. “Stan is fine. He and his mate are part of my pack now. He is well-treated and happy.”

Wyatt was surprised. “He’s mated?”

“Yes. To a shifter named Buck.”

“A man?”

Knowing him so well, Jed could tell Colton was getting highly annoyed, though he did not show it outwardly. “What of it?”

Again, Wyatt dipped his head submissively. “I am just glad to hear he is happy. Thank you, Alpha. Enjoy the conference.”

Colton muttered curses under his breath as he watched Wyatt turn and walk away, heading back to his own pack delegation.

“Will we get to run soon?” Parker whispered to Jed. He pulled at his shirt and rubbed his arms. His brows were bunched together and his pupils were dilated. A fine sheen of sweat glistened across his forehead, and he shifted back and forth between his feet. “I’m feeling a little crampy.”

“It’s your time of the month, huh?” Jed joked.

“Ha. Ha. Good one,” Parker responded dryly. “Ass.”

“Soon, Parker,” Jed said with a smile as he looked up into the sky, taking in the orange and red streaks that stretched behind the mountain peaks. Dusk approached fast, but they still had some time. Parker had enough control; he could hold out a while longer. “Let’s eat first.”

Jed eyed the buffet tables and his stomach growled loudly as it did a series of flips in his gut. Had he ever been this hungry? The spread was fit for a king. Tables upon tables were filled to overflowing with food. The smell of fresh meat called to Jed.

“Yeah, I could eat too,” Parker agreed as he wet his lips.

After letting Colton know where they would be, Jed led Parker to the buffet tables. He didn’t know where to start. Everything looked good.

The sweetest smell hit Jed’s nose. He closed his eyes and breathed it in, his chest puffing out as he inhaled deeply. “God, something smells fucking fantastic.”

“Yeah. It all looks really good,” Parker said as he grabbed a plate and began filling it. “Are all the tables the same, or is there different stuff on each one?”

Parker’s words didn’t register. Jed’s mind was preoccupied on its new task. His nostrils flared as he searched out the scent. After he made a complete circle around the first buffet table, he then headed for the second. He needed to find whatever that was.

Right fucking now.

When he got closer to his target, the smell intensified. It took on a musky, earthy undertone.

Jed felt a twitch in his groin. His cock began to fill with blood, coming alive for the first time in months. Jed almost dropped to his knees to give a prayer of thanks, but he was compelled to keep searching. His mouth was now watering as the smell overpowered him.

His tongue wet his lips as he realized the source of the wonderful smell wasn’t food. He looked around wild-eyed, frantically scanning the faces in front of him. Palming his hard-on through his jeans, he moved through the gathered crowd, weaving around the tables, led by his nose.

Standing a few yards away, Jed finally found the source of the heavenly scent.

The young man was shorter than Jed. He was built stocky, with dark brown hair, and rosy cheeks. He wasn’t the type of guy Jed normally went after, not at all. Generally, he liked them small and lithe—the kind of boy he could pick up and manhandle. This boy was definitely not a twink. Buck would probably describe him as a “muscle bear cub.” Only he wasn’t no damn bear. He was one hundred percent lycan. Wolf.

The muscle pup stared back at Jed with big, gray, wide-open eyes. He held a fork-speared meatball, frozen in place in front of his gaping mouth.

As Jed stared at the gorgeous boy, his senses nearly overloaded until each and every one narrowed into a tunnel, with the hunky boy taking front and center.

His agonizingly erect cock jerked in his pants, and one word pushed to the front of his lust-impaired brain.

Mate.

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 85
  • Love 27
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I'm so glad that Jed has finally discovered his mate. I felt kind of sorry for him on prom night when he alone. I'm sure he and his mate are going to have an interesting journey.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

This kind of chapter is make remember about how Telenovela works. Near the end of the broadcast, something will intensifies, it would have super climaxes, then BAM! See you next time.

The viewer will go, "aaaagggh!!! WTF! GIVE ME MORE!!!"

Yeah, it's good too feel like this again since original Betty la Fea.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Ahhh lovely chapter! I'm so happy for Jed. He really deserves to find his mate. Now whats to follow? Good chapter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rob!!!!! Seriousy shattered you left it there :P

Great chapter though

Reading about the boys is like catching up with friends.

Cant wait till the next chapter is up

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You have an evil streak for ending the chapter there, I still have a big grin on my face though.

Thanks for yet another excellent chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hello Rob,

Firstly you where incredible withTimber Pack Chronicles i mean i always wanted more, and you delivered,But Rob this (Enforcer) is breath taken.

I have always loved Jed Character and so happy he have finally found his MATE BUZZ, i can't wait for the next Chapter.

Am new with this site don't understand how it works yet but loving it so far :*):P

Please update soon and please don't keep me hanging again kkkk :worship::worship:

Link to comment

I knew Jed was going to meet his mate. It has been rather obvious. This will present new challenges for the Timber Pack as I doubt very much if the other Pack Alpha is going to willingly let his brother go. This should be interesting though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey rob, I am so glad I found this sight. I fell in love with the first book and can already tell I will love the second. Thank you for the chance to read it before it is published I will purchase it as we'll and rank it as I did with the first on amazon

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh my lanta!! This is what you call a cliffhanger! :P I couldn't wait for the next chapter! I really adore Jed even in the first book. ^_^

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yeay! Such a great chapter! Luckily, Saturday is only three days away. Hopefully we will get a peak into Buzz's head next!

Link to comment

Yay for Jed!!! Both in finding out he's still okay down there and it's working just fine... And that he's finally found his mate... Now it's time for us to find out how Buzz and his brother and their pack is going to handle this... The scenarios that the ending of this chapter has put into my head... Lol! Can't wait for the next chapter!!! Great job as usual Rob!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I meant to tell you like 3 chapters ago that I am glad you started this story. This is one of my favorite series that you have written.

I love the built up to Jed seeing his mate. I can't wait to read about them getting to know each other. It should be very interesting. Good Job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/27/2014 07:43 AM, Puppilull said:
Yeay! Such a great chapter! Luckily, Saturday is only three days away. Hopefully we will get a peak into Buzz's head next!
Chapter 5 comes on Saturday, picking up with Buzz!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/26/2014 03:56 PM, ajyto said:
This kind of chapter is make remember about how Telenovela works. Near the end of the broadcast, something will intensifies, it would have super climaxes, then BAM! See you next time.

The viewer will go, "aaaagggh!!! WTF! GIVE ME MORE!!!"

Yeah, it's good too feel like this again since original Betty la Fea.

Awesome. I like torturing you all with my mini cliffhangers :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/27/2014 12:45 AM, Lukcian200 said:
Hello Rob,

Firstly you where incredible withTimber Pack Chronicles i mean i always wanted more, and you delivered,But Rob this (Enforcer) is breath taken.

I have always loved Jed Character and so happy he have finally found his MATE BUZZ, i can't wait for the next Chapter.

Am new with this site don't understand how it works yet but loving it so far :*):P

Please update soon and please don't keep me hanging again kkkk :worship::worship:

Poke around the site and get to know it. It's worth it!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I Loved the first Timber pack book, and I've read the first 4 chapters of this new story in one go and loved them also. can't wait for the next chapter.

 

Thank you for a great Story :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rob, one of the things I love about your writing is its simplicity, that is, your ability to convey a lot of meaning in apparently simple sentences. That's not easy and you do it so naturally... and you use it to create ambience and help us aknowledge all the nuances of power and hierarchy in the conclave dynamics. And, at the same time, you show us all the emotions inside our beloved characters.

I loved how you described Jed's reaction to his mate: we can see strong his feelings are going to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loving this book as much as I did the first one. What a cliffhanger...Glad I'm not up to current yet!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..