Jump to content

Being Cam

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Comedy, Romance

Cam Martin seems like your typical teenager. Having just turned 13, Cam decides to write about his life. A journal full of the stories to remember everything by. As he starts walking the long path of self discovery, things get more complicated.

 

Who is he? What are these feelings he's having? And why does it all seem centered on Nate?

Copyright © 2017 robertlee; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sweetlion

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Very interesting story on the awaking of a teen sexuality. The chapters are short, and I find the end a bit anti-climatic, but the characters are very likable, and I really wished that the story would continue so we could know more about them. It's worth reading and I am looking forward to more stories from @robertlee

Congratulations

  • Like 1
Link to review
Scary

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A very sweet and short story that will make you feel good. Even though everything is kept brief, the scenes still feel vivid and suspenseful. Definitely worth the read.

  • Like 1
Link to review
William King

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

What a little jem of a novel, I picked it up, started reading, and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. The thoughts and the world of the just turned thirteen year old, Cam - don't call him Cameron, only his mom can do that, and he hates it when she does – expressed in his personal journal. His self reflection and observations, his interactions with his small group of friends are wonderfully written. 


The story revolves around his dawning self-awareness, what might equally be labelled his sexual awakening. His inner turmoil to realise how he truly feels about his friend Nate. All the characters in this novel are described in perfect little cameos, even his sisters. They may not be described in great detail, but the author manages in very few words to paint Cam's whole world and the people in it.


There is some great writing here, and it is so easy to pick up and read, if you don't, then you will be missing a wonderful story, beautifully told. There are some marvellous little throw away lines like the moment when Cam and Nate first kiss, - “We stayed locked together for hours, or more like two minutes.”


This story is written using the weekly entries in Cam's journal to describe the events that take place in Cam's life. The chapters are short, and vary in length, the whole thing works perfectly. I applaud the author for adopting this unique approach, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..