Jump to content

Losing Kevin

   (9 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

What would you do if you were an identical twin, a carbon copy of someone else, but yet different in one way? Losing Kevin is the story of twin brothers, Devin and Kevin. They shared a brotherly love until Kevin’s love for someone else almost tears them apart.

Copyright © 2009 by Ronyx All Rights Reserved

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,136 Words
    • 5,103 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,924 Words
    • 3,919 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,011 Words
    • 3,901 Views
    • 27 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,480 Words
    • 3,414 Views
    • 28 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 4,014 Words
    • 4,361 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 4,301 Words
    • 3,259 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,237 Words
    • 4,085 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 4,304 Words
    • 4,246 Views
    • 26 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 4,375 Words
    • 3,817 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 3,934 Words
    • 3,399 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 4,317 Words
    • 3,209 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 4,644 Words
    • 3,221 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 4,013 Words
    • 3,502 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 4,223 Words
    • 3,557 Views
    • 26 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

  

"I agree with all the comments made by my fellow readers below. This is a wonderful story with well written characters and dramatic events which are part of life for many.

The only "unique" comment I have to make is that @Ronyx created in this story one of the most unlikeable characters he has ever created in any of his stories I have read to date. The character shows little or no growth throughout the story and was universally loathed by the readers who made comments on the various chapters. The character is one you will "enjoy" detesting.

  • Love 1
Link to review
drsawzall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Fantastic piece of work, well worth the read, enjoyable and thought provoking.

  • Like 1
Link to review
xrgt

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Ronyx has in this story, subliminally introduced you to the cause of gayness and the many nefarious behaviors of the uninformed (often expressed by the young - but as Ronyx shows, by all ages). I wish I had Ronyx's talent with language to weave such a compelling story. If only the un-informed straights would read it. 

Ronyx wove his story, with one identical twin character being gay, and the other twin being straight. In the mid-'90's a study of gay identical twins showed thirty-eight pairs of monozygotic (identical) twins (34 male pairs and 4 female pairs) were found to have a concordance rate of 65.8% for homosexual orientation. One twin straight with the other homosexual was found in only 34% of the pairs. Yet they came from the same egg and sperm, shared the same genes, womb and gestation together. This proved there was no total genetic cause to gayness - or all the pairs would have been gay. However, the study also showed in fraternal (dizygotic) twins 30% of both twins were gay.

This latter alerted the greater scientific community to something going on during gestation that was not totally genetic caused, but may indeed influence something in an offspring's genetics. Sure enough it was found there was an epigenetic cause for gayness and the science field by that name and term became known. 

Orientation, as it turns out, begins to be influenced in about week 9 of gestation. Hormonal concentrations of the female appear to be involved in influencing the developing embryo. Epigenics as a field has exploded since those days so you'll have to Google it to learn more about it.

As all gays know, we made no choice about our preference towards whom we were attracted. Nor were we influenced by another to have a same-sex attraction. It was and is the straight world that is badly confused.

The scientific community realized if this new epigenetics were 'responsible' for the cause of gayness, then homosexuality should indeed be found in other animals in addition to humans too. When explored, sure enough, it has been observed and found in some birds, in African lions, in monkeys, in dolphins, even 8% of sheep Rams are totally gay, pairing with and having sex exclusively only with other rams!

Thank you Ronyx to helping the rest of us realize being gay is not a choice! 

-- 

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.~good ol' western advice

  • Like 3
Link to review
Will Hawkins

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This was a very complex story, but one that was based on a simple premise -- two brothers, identical twins, but one gay and the other straight, and their relationship with each other and with their family and friends. Ronyx is a master at handling this type of story and did not disappoint with this one. I am envious of his ability to interweave emotions and responses about, keeping his readers enthralled until all the threads work out in the end. 

  • Like 1
Link to review
Ricknc

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Another great story! I truly enjoyed reading this.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
FormerMember4

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is a well crafted story. Following many memorable stories by this author.

What do you do when you and your twin aren’t so identical? One being gay and the other being  straight. A psychological study predicated on our differences and similarities. Understanding and communication go a long way. A definite must read!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Former Member

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Ronyx’s stories are always well-written and thought provoking. This one is an exploration of identical twin dynamics. Neither the author, nor the parents were aware of the famous Gay porn star when Kevin was named!  ;-)

Link to review
Graeme

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Losing Kevin is a study in opposites. Kevin and Devin are identical twins, but one is straight and the other is gay. The story covers their relationships with each other, their parents, and their loved ones, with many situations being reflected on both sides of the sexual orientation mirror. While it can be read simply as an enjoyable story, it can also be make the reader reflect on how people treat gays and straights differently, and why.

  • Like 5
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Another fantastic story from Ron. This shows that despite the difficulties that twins have being different to each other that the love as brothers win through.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..