Jump to content
    Rook Lee
  • Author
  • 30 Words
  • 1,164 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GAO Prompts - 2. Poetry Prompt 2 - HAIKU

span style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;">The prompt: write two Haiku. One inspired by a sight you witnessed outdoors, in a secluded patch of nature (either in your yard, a city park, or the great untamed wilderness). And a second one inspired by an urban sight (something that catches your eye on the street), or that happens indoors.

Nature

Beagles bay wildly.

Hands gripping wood and metal.

Red, gold, leaves scatter.

Urban

Child gloves reaches out,

Beneath the lone lit street lamp.

Swirling snowflakes dance.

 
p style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;">Title 1:

Young Hunter - Nature
Title 2:
That First Winter Night - Urban
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39569-poetry-prompt-2-haiku/

Copyright © 2014 Rook Lee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/03/2014 04:08 PM, aditus said:
Well done! Fall and winter. Summer and spring are too far away. Right?
Thank you and yes!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/03/2014 02:35 PM, AC Benus said:
Very evocative! Hunting, and a child's reach.

Good job. Thanks for posting these!

Thank you, they really got the brain working lol.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really like both and how you've drawn a person in each one but left the focus on the hands... brilliant!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2014 05:33 AM, Irritable1 said:
I really like both and how you've drawn a person in each one but left the focus on the hands... brilliant!
Thanks! Both were very mind blowing experiences for my brothers and myself.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2014 11:34 AM, sexyinaf said:
Haikus are so hard to make it interesting since they are short but you did well. Well done!
Most definitely are. I had to go over my ideas many times before I got them to where they are now. Thanks!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/06/2014 12:12 PM, Percy said:
Thanks for sharing. These got me thinking. Good fit for the haiku form.
I was hesitant to do so, but glad I did. Everyone here is very kind! Thanks you!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Fantastic form of Haiku the Hunter is. And the another one is as good too. Nice poems. Thank you for sharing... :)

 

~Emi.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..