Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 6,586 Words
  • 10,875 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Born Wolf - 4. Chapter 2.2

Degan Canon surveyed the situation in front of him. He had hoped Kurt’s issues would either resolve themselves when he found a mate or wouldn’t flare up until after the boy had at least finished with school. Kurt Smith was a hazard, and had been from pretty much the moment he had been born.

Nothing in pack archives had ever spoken of a child born a wolf. National registry had been even less help, refusing to believe the truth until the beta from the South Bank pack had been down and seen it for himself. No one had ever before heard of a werewolf who was pretty much just wolf. Kurt had not been an easy cub. He was too changeable, too serious, and he’d never had other wolves his age to play with. It had taken years of coaxing to simply get him to sit through dinner in human form. If South Sea hadn’t been such a stable pack, Degan didn’t know how Dick and Barbara could have coped. Even with a normal cub it took more than their parents to raise them well. With a pup like Kurt, it had taken the best efforts of everyone.

Philip Tanner lay on the bed in the first guest room with his shoulder torn open. He’d arrived in the garden limping and shaking. Degan had had to coax him back into human form before he’d called for Willis and the doctor. It was a happy fact of good pack staffing not only to have a teacher and a midwife, but a doctor on the roster. Noakes had arrived in quick time, as he lived in the house next door, and gone straight in to see the damage.

Degan didn’t doubt for a moment Philip had started the fight. The young man was ambitious, rough, and it wouldn’t be the first time he had started a fight he couldn’t finish in his quest to move higher up the ranks. But Kurt Smith didn’t fight like other werewolves. He fought like the wolf he truly was, and he didn’t hold back. Philip must have been determined to win, because Kurt had been determined to leave him with permanent scarring if not permanent damage. Philip’s whimpering and whining made the alpha’s skin crawl. He hated dissent in his pack.

His mind whirled around what he was going to do with an unattached, slightly feral and very strong young wolf in his pack. He hadn’t been pacing long however, when his favourite granddaughter arrived, looking frantic and panicked. For a split second Degan thought maybe his free spirited little Jene had feelings for Tanner’s boy. But then he read the worry on her face and knew she was not concerned with that particular pack brother.

“What is it my love?”

“Kurt! Oh Grandpapa he’s limping badly and he’s been bitten.”

Degan pinched at the headache which was now beginning between his eyes.

“Bring him here,” He turned to Willis. His beta wolf was sitting with elbows on knees, his eyes tracking everything. “Call my council.”

Jene put her hand over her mouth.

“Grandpapa?” She came towards him and bent her head low without taking her eyes from his own. She nestled herself up against his front, head under his chin. “Please don’t. He needs us.”

Degan waited until Willis had gone completely before he replied.

“Nothing is decided, my little one. I will not remove him unless there is no other choice.” Seeing she didn’t fully believe him Degan put his hand under his granddaughter’s chin and smiled for her. “I promise Jene. Trust me.”

*

The South Sea pack council was made up of the senior wolves of the clan. Degan, Willis and Noakes were respectively alpha, beta and gamma. They were the central pins which held the pack together. The rest of the council was made up of Dick Smith and Alex Tanner; Doug Camra, the man who had married into Degan’s direct family and given him his favourite granddaughter; David James, who lived in the house on the other side of the Smith’s and whose mate would soon be giving them a new cub; Carson David whose father had been a loyal enforcer before he passed; and the newest member of the council, Whelan Spencer.

They assembled in the biggest of the house’s reception rooms, nine men of very different statures and appearances. All of whom exuded their own version of power and dominance. They ranged around the room on sofas and chairs, some standing leaning against walls though there were enough seats for everyone. Degan’s council were as different from each other as any other group of men. Doug, Willis and Carson were the only ones who really looked like a human’s version of a werewolf, all three big with oxen shoulders and thick body hair. Noakes, small and trim, and Dick Smith with his little middle aged paunch and greying hair were much more typical of the makeup of the room.

When Jene arrived with Kurt every single one of them pricked up and scented the air. There was another reason why everyone both loved and was wary of Kurt. It was the way his scent made them feel. Degan had never quite understood it. The boy smelt like the past. His aroma reminded the werewolves of a time they couldn’t remember. When their ancestors had run the forest tracks and eaten wild meat every day, lived in hollows and caves and hunted for a living. But they loved it because Kurt also smelt like nature. His scent was thick with the green of moss on fallen trees dripping with warm rain, newly overturned earth thick with living things, spring leaves unfurling, and plants and animals rising from the ground in spring. His scent meant the wild, forced all who smelt it to think of their roots. They had all heard the howl three days previous, and that too made them shiver.

When Kurt entered, the big black wolf’s scent was also overlain with the shaking yellow of pain and hurt pride, the red raw ache of lust and an ochre spiciness that reminded Degan of his newest recruits. He watched Spencer out of the corner of his eye and saw the big blond man react to the recognised scent of his kin. Kurt stood looking for all the world like a wild animal, golden eyes defiant and strong. It was only time that made them notice he was walking on three paws, the front left tilted just off the ground. Kurt wasn’t making his weakness obvious. Jene turned to go and Kurt let out a half whimper before he remembered where he was. Without a moment’s hesitation and without even looking at her father and grandfather Jene sat down cross legged beside her pack brother.

Degan smiled across the room at the wolf with his lips closed.

“Kurt, would you change forms for us now?”

The wolf responded by lifting his chin and his ears swivelled in a clear signal that meant no.

“Kurt!” Dick Smith snapped at his son, but even that got no response. It was Jene, calm and collected and soothing, who coaxed the boy from the wolf until Kurt stood there naked and shivering, his injured left hand curled against his torso. Degan looked him over with a critical eye. When had the boy gotten so emaciated? When had he last eaten a meal he didn’t kill? A wolf body could run very well on a diet of dead animals and meat, and Kurt’s black fur was lustrous and well-conditioned. His human form did not match up. Degan could see almost all his ribs through the grey pale skin.

Tanner was the first to break the silence.

“What have you done to my son?”

Willis laid a big hand on the man’s shoulder to calm him. Kurt’s growl rippled through his body. The tension in the room went up a notch.

“Kurt.” The alpha was very good at diplomacy, and kept his voice even and level. “Tell me what happened in the woods. Show me.”

The boy who was a wolf stepped forwards and offered the alpha his injured wrist, still clearly imprinted with Philip’s teeth.

“He attacked me, again. I bested him and won.”

“You ripped him open from shoulder to elbow!” Alex Tanner roared, “You fucking little upstart!”

Willis snarled and threw Tanner back into the chair he had risen from.

“Know your place and still your anger.”

“But my son!”

“Will live.” Noakes had not earned his place at the alpha’s left hand side simply for being moderately useful. His voice was powerful and calming. “He will be fine. As will you, young man.” Kurt visibly shuddered at the reference to himself as a human. “This has been cleaned up already. The wounds will close nicely. Did you do this?”

“No.” Kurt blinked and scanned the room to see who else had spoken. Whelan Spencer stepped forwards, head turned in deference to the alpha. “You carry the scent of my kin. Where is my son?”

“I don’t know. I left him in the woods.”

“You smell like sex.” It was Carson who spoke. The big wolf worked sometimes for the town council, overseeing the teams who built roads and did construction. A mechanic by trade he had big broad shoulders and permanently oil stained hands. “Where exactly did you leave Tahryn?”

Kurt snarled. The question was too personal, too close to something in his chest that rubbed raw whenever he thought about the big tanned boy. Within half a second he was back to being wolf shaped.

“Oh great work Carson.” Kurt’s father rolled his eyes. “We won’t get anything else out of him now.”

But Carson was smiling.

“If he’s mated though, Kurt will be less of a problem. No one outside the pack will think him a challenger if he’s happily settled.”

“Carson!” The alpha’s bark silenced the big man. Everyone could hear Whelan’s low growl. “I think this meeting had better finish.”

“What about his punishment?” Snapped Tanner, his eyes fixed on Kurt with an evil glare. Kurt’s fur bristled and he showed his fangs to the older wolf.

“It was a disagreement between boys. No damage done. I’m sure Willis can find a suitable punishment for them both at school?”

“Sure thing. The desks need scrubbing in the art block anyway.”

“Done. Forgive me from keeping you from your families.” The alpha half turned. “Kurt? Would you come to my office?” Kurt made a show of walking on all four feet, even though it hurt like hell fire. Following him and the alpha were Willis and Noakes.

Once in the alpha’s office, Kurt flopped down into one of the dog baskets near the desk and found the big mottled grey form of Willis curled up in the one next to him. Willis was neither a bad man nor a bad teacher. He was understanding, kind, and a loyal beta to his pack. Kurt had no desire to interrupt the relationship they had, allowing the older wolf to nuzzle his ruff. In the company of wolves everything was easy. Kurt felt no threat to his position, which amongst these three was bottom to be fair, but he didn’t mind so much. A lifetime of belonging to this pack had shown him its leaders were patient and calm and willing to put up with him. Which left the question, why couldn’t he be like this any other time? As soon as humans, or human shaped wolves, entered the process he just couldn’t stop himself. Was he the only one who saw a smile as a threat? Kurt hung his head and whined.

*

Willis licked the top of Kurt’s head at the sound, his body thrumming with a rumble meant to comfort and relax. Degan wished he could find a way to let the boy be like this all the time. His beta continued to soothe the boy as Noakes settled into an easy chair by the desk.

“Carson is right of course.” He continued the conversation as though Kurt wasn’t there. The big black wolf wasn’t paying attention anyway. “If Kurt was mated he would no longer be a threat.”

“Does he look like a threat to you?” Degan was nearly angry with his gamma. “That boy is no more of a threat to you or I than a rambunctious cub. He knows his place well enough. Philip Tanner should’ve known better than to try and climb his way past him.”

“He makes us look vulnerable to other packs sir. I didn’t mean he was a direct threat.” Noakes pressed a hand to his forehead. “Keeping him around makes you look soft sir. He’s a strong dominant wolf. Others will think he can usurp your role.”

“You are a strong, dominant wolf and no one thinks that of you, or any other member of the council.” Degan Canon sighed, knowing what the response was going to be.

“But Kurt is not a council member. He’s not an enforcer. He’s not mated, he has no cubs. Nor will he have any if his scent is anything to go by. He has no trade skills for the pack, no useful human position.”

“He’s eighteen. Humans his age are still basically children!”

“With all due respect Degan.” Noakes paused and he too looked over at the big black wolf. Willis was licking his healing wrist and Kurt’s honey coloured eyes were closed. “None of us would willingly see him leave. But to other packs it looks like we’re keeping him out of sentiment. He has no purpose. Get him mated or give him a job, but otherwise you’re going to have to lose him.” Noakes lay a slim hand on his alpha’s arm. “There have been noises from the north. Packs disenchanted with their leadership, especially in the moors, wolves moving about and coming south. We like this pack the way it is, no one wants to see you gone. We were lucky with Spencer.”

“We could be lucky again.”

Noakes raised a sceptical eyebrow.

“If I really thought you believed that sir, I’d be challenging you myself. Find him a purpose or a mate.” Noakes stood, inclined his head, and exited from the room. The alpha sat with his head in his hands.

“Take him home would you Willis? I’m going upstairs.”

*

Tahryn pushed his food around with his fork. His father had come home with a face like thunder and an unreadable scent which Tahryn couldn’t figure out, and stormed off. That in itself was unusual. Not only did wolves tend to enjoy spending meals with their pups, but Tahryn couldn’t name a time when his father hadn’t joined him and his sister’s for dinner, even if he wasn’t eating himself. Isla stared after their father.

“What’s wrong with Daddy?”

Chaska sniffed, her excellent nose much better able to decode their father’s moods.

“Council meeting didn’t go so well.” Chaska stared at her brother. “What have you done?”

“What?” Tahryn snapped before he’d even meant to. “I haven’t done anything.”

“Well father thinks you have.”

“And you’re not eating.” Mehran piped up. “You’re never off your food.”

Tahryn buried his face in his hands, knowing he had lost.

“Go and talk to dad, Tahryn.”

Whelan Spencer was in his son’s room when Tahryn got upstairs. He was a big man, blond and tan like his son, but without the same muscled build, the narrowness of waist and the long legs which his son got from his mother. They would assure him a good ranking and a fit physique for many years to come. He was staring at Tahryn’s permanently unmade bed, his nostrils flaring.

“Dad?” Tahryn tried not to sound scared, and failed. His father was not an angry or violent man or wolf. Right now he looked like he might be willing to break that streak. Tahryn hadn’t been this scared when he’d come out to his family, clutching the hand of the skinny teenage human boy who made him realise liking guys wasn’t a phase he was going through. Tahryn had been too sensible to think what he and Jake had shared was going to last forever. Over the last year there had been a string of pretty boys with floppy hair and nice smiles. But Tahryn knew they were place holders. He knew that he, like every werewolf alive, was just ticking over until he found his mate.

“Tell me.” Whelan Spencer’s nostrils flared and Tahryn realised belatedly his room still smelt like sex and Kurt lust. “Tell me how this happened.”

“Dad I don’t understand. You’ve known I was gay for ages.”

“That I know.” Whelan had been disappointed but not surprised when his son had come out. He was too well educated to think the boy would just find a nice girl and settle down eventually. “But I had hoped when we moved you would maybe fall for… Dean’s boy, the one with the hair.”

“Koby?”

“Yeah. He seems like your type. His parents are well respected. He’d make a good mate.”

“He’d make a good house pet.” Tahryn muttered under his breath. He strode past his father to throw the covers over his bed. “I’m not into Koby. Why do I get the feeling you’re angry with me?”

Whelan sat on his son’s desk chair and stared at his boy. Where had the time gone? Spencer could have sworn only a week ago the kid was going through his first change, a shaky scared teenager with surfer boy hair. Now his son was nineteen, very nearly a man, and giving off all the scents that meant territory and possessiveness.

“Kurt Smith came to the council meeting smelling like you.”

“Oh.” Tahryn sat down heavily on the bed. “Right.”

“You want to tell me what’s going on between you two?”

“You know, I have no idea.” Tahryn looked across at his father and for the first time saw him as a man, another werewolf, a pack-brother, family, but not a father figure. “When did you know mum was your mate?”

“Whenever she left it felt like the end of the world.” Whelan smiled at the memory. “I missed her so much it hurt. That’s when I knew for sure. I still do. It still hurts without her. Of course the scent helps.”

Tahryn frowned.

“What scent?”

“Oh you’ll know. The scent of your mate is enough to drive you out of your mind and all you can think about is, um, sex. Wait…” Whelan Spencer frowned. “You think Kurt is your mate?”

Tahryn nodded and was surprised when his father laid a hand on his shoulder.

“Good luck kiddo.”

For a long time Tahryn simply sat staring at the space his father had occupied, feeling confused.

*

Koby Dean had had enough of playing games with Tahryn Spencer. The big muscle-bound blond werewolf had pushed him off the desk when he’d displayed himself and never given him a decent explanation as to why. He’d felt Tahryn watching him, smelt the lust which rolled off the bigger boy. He’d gotten the feeling from Tahryn’s sisters that Tahryn had experience. Maybe that didn’t go much beyond holding hands and stuff. Maybe the big blond wolf was shy. Never mind, Koby would bring out the dominant in him. Hell, maybe Tahryn was dominant enough to be an alpha. They could run away and start their own little pack.

Koby wasn’t stupid. He knew he wasn’t strong and not genuinely charming enough to command others by himself. He knew he would need someone else for that. But he also knew he was not as simple as he seemed. More than anything, Koby wanted his own personal alpha, some big strong fantastic wolf who he could submit to over and over again and who would boss him around. And by association and mating with a dominant wolf he too would have power and respect he couldn’t get on his own. Once upon a time not too long ago, Koby had thought Kurt Smith would be that wolf. Koby knew it was only by mating young that either of his parents had escaped being the omega of their pack. There wasn’t currently a proper omega in South Sea. There was no wolf lowly or useless and bullied. No one on the outside begging for scraps. Whatever else Koby wanted for his life, he did not want that to end up being his fate. Koby Dean was smart enough to know once his youth was over it will be obvious wiggling his butt in a sexy way was the only skill he really had. He wasn’t a threat, he wouldn’t get kicked out of the pack, but demotion seemed likely.

Koby wanted a mate. And he wanted Tahryn Spencer to be that wolf.

The small werewolf went to his closet and perused his clothes. Unlike Kurt, Koby spent a lot of time on his human appearance. His hair was thick and perfectly styled, shorter at the back and brushed forwards in a big lopsided fringe of dark spikes. He shaved his body hair, he plucked his eyebrows and he liked the way he looked. Sure he was small, slim, and short, but that had advantages too. Koby selected his best, tightest black jeans, all-star trainers and a thin, tight fitting t-shirt with unreadable slogans that was practically see through. Provocatively dressed, he left his house, crossed the narrow road of the cul-de-sac and went two doors up to the Spencer house. Mehran answered the doorbell when he rang.

“Hey Koby.”

“Hey.” Koby smiled and held up the exercise book he’d brought with him, “Is Tahryn in? I was hoping he could help me with something.”

“Sure.” Mehran stepped aside to let him in. “He’s in his room upstairs.”

“Thanks Mehran.” Koby inclined his head respectfully to the girl. She was three years younger than him and still new to the change, but Koby knew his place. He dashed up the stairs. It was not hard to find Tahryn’s room. The scent of spice and desert was a heady mix that sent shivers up through Koby’s spine. The smaller boy creaked the door open to find the bedside light on low. Tahryn lay on his bed, shirtless, forearm flung over his eyes, breathing evenly as though asleep.

Koby smiled. This would be easy.

*

Tahryn felt warmth and wetness spread through his body. He liked the dream, twisted away from the memory of light and revelled in how good his imagination was being to him. Kurt’s whip thin, slender body in his arms, the memory of that kiss, as hot as he had ever thought it could be, the scent of the other wolf covering him like a blanket of moss and mist. Air so wet and cold on his skin, he wanted to drink it rather than breathe. And god if Kurt wanted to be top he wouldn’t mind. He would just lie back, and let the big bad wolf have his way. He imagined Kurt licking down his chest, the vibration of him against his own heated skin, teeth worrying at his nipple gently before moving south.

Tahryn groaned aloud, warm heat surrounding his cock, more than half hard and stiffening quickly. He wanted the taste of Kurt’s skin, wondered if the boy would be as musky and complex as he smelt. The warmth was gone for a moment and Tahryn whimpered. His imagination was being cruel to him, before an indescribable hot tightness settled over him. It was so strong, so tight and constricting, Tahryn half snarled. His nose found the scent, thick red lust, and he searched under it for the damp musky scent of his mate. His nostrils flared: soap, shampoo, hairspray; chemicals covering the scent of another. It was something blue and shiny and hard edged and not Kurt.

Tahryn opened his eyes and jerked up to be treated to his life slapping him in the face. Koby, half naked and lust drunk, was straddling him. His thighs were tense over Tahryn’s hips, riding up and down on his cock. Hands splayed on his abdomen, moaning softly, Koby opened his eyes and smiled at him, bit his lower lip and sank down onto him fully. Tahryn felt his body responding to the physical sensations in a way he didn’t want, and snarled. He bucked, pushing Koby off him, his erection coming free with a pop and almost painful slap against his abdomen. He stood over the wailing whimpering pup, his jeans falling around his knees and snarled.

“What the fuck Koby?” Tahryn knew his voice was tight with rage, his eyes blazed and he shook with the effort of not beating the smaller boy into a bloody heap. “What the fuck are you doing in my room?” Tahryn snatched at his jeans, hauled them up and cursed the way his hands shook as he struggled with the buttons. He was shaking all over now. To his shock, Koby raised himself on his knees, took the denim from his hands and leaned forwards towards his crotch.

Tahryn couldn’t help it. He backhanded the boy, leaving a red mark the shape of his hand, and held his jeans closed with one hand.

“You fucking piece of shit!” Tahryn growled, “Take a fucking hint! I don’t want you.”

Koby was standing, keeping himself curled up and low, submissive. Tahryn cast around for the rest of the boy’s clothes and thrust them at him.

“Please…” Koby’s voice was full of whimpers and pleading. “Master…”

“I am not your alpha. FUCK!” Tahryn used as little of his hand as he could to push Koby towards the door. Touching the other boy made his skin crawl. “I do not want you Koby. Crawl off somewhere and die. Never come near me again.” The tears were starting now. Tahryn knew he was going to run out of hate and anger and give into pain and humiliation really soon. “I don’t recognise you as my pack. GET OUT!”

Koby turned and ran and Tahryn slammed his door with such force the whole house shook before collapsing in a heap on his bedroom floor.

He’d been raped. The words stung in his skull and made him want to turn himself inside out and scratch out his insides. Raped. Koby had used him like he was some…some toy, some submissive to be mucked about with. Tahryn retched dryly, seriously considered injuring himself badly enough to black out for a moment before he felt the sensation building in his guts. He just made it to the bathroom before he retched, puking out everything he’d eaten into the bowl of the toilet, half naked, jeans falling from his hips, making broken dog noises which brought his family running.

“Tahryn!” Chaska was first to him, her hands lighting quick to grab his blond hair out of his face, another slim palm flat on his back. She had heard the shouting, seen Koby flying down the stairs and had begun to run then. Her brother’s internal warring had seemed to him like an age but in reality had only taken less than a second. Whelan arrived at the bathroom and was instantly shooed off. “Dad! Get out!” Chaska knew her brother’s pride didn’t need to be tested right now by the presence of their father seeing him like this.

“Bro?” Mehran stood with little Isla in the doorway, both wide eyed and scared looking. Their brother’s frame contorted and twisted, changing but not changing. His muscles were still heaving his empty belly, anything to distract him from the pain in his head.

“Mehran, - take Isla out of here. Go make lots of hot chocolate and then go ask at Coach Willis’s house for him to come over. Wait a bit. Don’t go just yet.”

Chaska waited until her sisters were gone before she thumped Tahryn hard between the shoulder blades and he coughed loudly. But he stopped retching.

“Done?”

Tahryn felt far from done. He felt as though he could throw up for another hour though nothing had come up in the last four heaves. Heaving nothing was almost more painful than... No don’t think about it. Tahryn shook his head at himself. Blocking out the fact Koby had raped him, he shuddered at the thought, wasn’t actually going to help. He had enough problems without adding depression and potential suicide to his list. If the internet had taught him anything it was repressed feelings only got worse.

“Shower.” Chaska pulled him up by main force as she spoke. She reached to strip him from his jeans and Tahryn found himself snapping and snarling. “Fine.” She dumped him into the bath with them on and blasted on the water. It was freezing, but then suddenly hot as she adjusted the taps. Tahryn couldn’t control his shaking, and wrapped his arms around his knees. He felt dirty, and not the healthy, rolling about in the mud and grass with his sisters and pack brothers kind of dirty. It was the skin crawling sort he couldn’t wash off.

Suddenly the feel of his clothes repulsed him. He needed to feel clean, and he kicked off his jeans, getting water everywhere. Chaska handed him the natural organic soap they used and an exfoliating sponge and sat on the closed lid of the newly flushed toilet and tried not watch her brother as he scrubbed at his skin as though he wanted to get rid of it.

“Koby.” she said eventually and was answered by a snarl.

“He did something to you.” A growl. Chaska stared as her brother scrubbed at the skin of his crotch hard enough to make himself bleed. “Tahryn stop!”

“He raped me!” Tahryn couldn’t keep the wail from his voice. The tears and the sobs raced through him like a tsunami now he’d let them out. He cried, the noise nearly a howl, and suddenly he knew he couldn’t hold onto his human shape. Several quick crunches later he sat under the water, a sand coloured wolf with fur nearly brown in the wetness. Chaska switched off the water and wrapped her arms around her brother’s soaking shoulders, burying her face into his ruff. He smelt all wrong, his usual scent skewed by the trace of Koby and pain of what had happened to him.

“We have to tell Willis.” She said eventually, and felt her brother’s annoyed rumble. “We have to, Tahryn. He’s pack beta. He can deal with this properly.”

Tahryn looked at his sister and saw the rage in her eyes. He would have pulled away, but he could see it was not directed at him.

“If I get to him first I’ll kill him.” She stated simply, and Tahryn knew it was true. “Come on, let’s get you dry.”

Getting a full grown wolf out of a bath half full of water was no easy feat and Chaska was considerably soaked after she had finished towelling off her brother. Together, and with Tahryn still carrying the end of the towel like a puppy, they made their way downstairs where Willis and Whelan Spencer were waiting in a room thick with tension. Chaska, holding the other end of the towel connected to her older sibling, felt him tug at it, wanting to back out.

“Tahryn.”

He whined, but followed her in.

“What’s the matter?” Willis’s eyes scanned Tahryn frantically. “What’s the matter? Is he ill?”

“No.” Chaska took a deep breath and nodded at her brother. Tahryn’s blue eyes screwed shut and he pressed his long face to her thigh. “Sir, Koby Dean raped him.”

“What?” Willis looked dumfounded. “But Koby is totally submissive, he couldn’t fu-” Chaska and her brother waited for the coach to wrap his mind around the foreign concept. “But, what? How…Is that even possible?”

“I cannot believe you work in education…” Chaska shook her head and rolled her eyes. “Men. He was asleep.” She gestured to the blond wolf who whined.

“But if he was asleep, how…?”The coach made the very vague gesture at his own crotch as realisation dawned on his face. “Oh…” The beta’s face fell. “Two council meetings in one night, this is not going to be pretty.”

*

Kurt had spent the time since Willis had brought him home lying in the back garden, licking his wounded wrist. He’d had to change back into his human shape, walking on the new wound hurt too much to bear now that he wasn’t in a mood. His mother had brought him clothes, newly washed but not smelling of soap. Kurt had managed to thank her as he’d gotten dressed. Sweats and a hoodie, nothing major, but it kept him warm enough as he stared into the forest. Tahryn was out there somewhere, looking beautiful and perfect and strong. Kurt sighed.

He’d once been told a quote from a book, or it might have been a play, who knew? ‘The heart wants what the heart wants.’ That was great, but what his heart wanted, his human heart full of emotions carried over from wearing hairless skin and two legs, was at odds with what his wolf body and instincts wanted. Until now, Kurt had never thought of them as being separate. His heart wanted to kiss Tahryn, to open up to the bigger man and let himself be taken. Physically be taken. The sheer thought made his instincts want to be sick. He couldn’t do it, couldn’t let himself be dominated. Even by Tahryn Spencer with his perfect body and ice blue eyes and a scent that turned Kurt inside out with lust.

Kurt sat and pondered his dilemma and distracted his mind with a scent on the breeze. Panic. Blue chemicals and red shame. Hot tears. A spiky flavour he recognised and hated. Koby. There was a sweet spiciness clinging to him. Tahryn. Kurt growled. He could hear Koby coming, running through the woods which bordered the gardens, and not paying attention to the noise he made. Kurt could practically smell the guilt pouring off him. He stood, breathed deeply once, letting his wolf senses take over and timed his step. Koby slammed straight into him. Kurt was expecting the blow. Koby wasn’t, and the taller boy grabbed him as he started to fall backwards.

“Kurt! Sorry, I…” Koby tried to pull away and realised he couldn’t. “Kurt?” The smaller boy was dishevelled, his clothes not straight, his skinny jeans not done up.

“You smell like a whore house,” Kurt sneered at the boy who turned his head to show his neck almost automatically. “Where’ve you been?”

“Kurt, let go.” The bigger wolf twisted the boy’s arm up behind him as he struggled and whined. “You’re hurting me.

“Good.” Kurt’s tawny eyes narrowed. Both boys turned at a shout from the house.

“Kurt! Your father is going over to Degan’s house. There’s another meeting. Dinner in half an hour.”

“Oh no…” Koby moaned and whimpered against him and Kurt held the boy out at arm’s length.

“Well what have you been up to? Shall we go find out?”

Kurt had to slap Koby until he’d shut up, and quit whimpering and snivelling for mercy. He dragged him back the way he’d come towards Degan Canon’s house. The council were meeting in the back lounge with the big French patio doors, and it was easy for Kurt to press his captive up against the rough brick wall and listen in.

“What are you saying Willis?” It was his own father speaking, his voice full of disbelief. “Are we to suppose Tahryn Spencer cannot defend himself from the likes of Koby Dean?”

Kurt snarled in Koby’s ear.

“Start talking.”

“I didn’t mean to…” Koby’s voice shook.

“He was asleep.” Willis’s voice was hard and cold. “The boy crept up on him.”

“I thought he wanted me…”

“What are we going to do about this, Degan?” Camra was speaking, “This cannot go unpunished.”

“If I could just show him I cared…”

“How is Tahryn?” Dr Noakes, as always concerned with the patient, “You have not left him alone?”

“He’s with his sisters.”

“I wanted him so bad…”

“I still can’t believe Koby would rape someone.” Degan Canon’s words cut through Kurt like a knife. He snarled, his teeth inches from Koby’s neck. He hauled the boy away from the wall, slammed the French door back and stepped inside the room of powerful wolves. With his good arm he tossed Koby onto the floor between them.

“Traitor!” He snapped. “I brought you this.” He snarled, but spoke with pride, making eye contact with his alpha, father and Spencer in turn, “What do you want done with it?”

“Not strong enough to be an enforcer huh?” Carson Davies grinned and slapped David James’s arm before making the international symbol to pay up. David grumbled in defeat at the wager.

“Go and get his parents.” Degan directed Alex Tanner. “We need to know if they stand by him.”

Alex departed the same way Kurt had come in. Koby made a motion to stand, aborted by Kurt’s swift kick.

“Stay down.” He growled, and crossed the floor to his alpha. “Sir, please. You can’t let him live. He…befouled my…my…” Kurt stopped speaking.

Noakes was smiling at him.

“Go ahead Kurt, finish the sentence. Your what?”

“I can’t. I haven’t asked him yet.”

“Now may not be the best time.” Degan laid a hand on Kurt’s shoulder and for the first time Kurt fought the urge to pull away. “Unless Whelan refuses, we will let your claim stand until you two have talked properly.”

“No problem with me.” Kurt was not the only one with murder on his mind evidently. Whelan Spencer looked as though he would rather kill Koby than live. Kurt felt his heart swell treacherously.

When Koby’s parents were brought around, they stood cowering in the corner like mice. Their subservience made Kurt sick and he did not bother hiding his disdain. Koby clung to his parents. Their faces showed mounting disdain when they found out what he had done. When Degan began to pass judgement Koby’s mother screamed for mercy, so his parents were punished as well.

“You are no longer part of the South Sea pack.” Degan’s voice was deep and hollow and made Kurt’s bones resonate with power. “You are not welcome in our homes or our territories. You and your kin have until dawn to clear out of the house and leave the South Sea territory. We no longer recognise any claim made to sanctuary in this area.” He turned to look at Koby. “Your actions will be reported to National Council at South Bank. They may choose to deal with you further. Take him out and beat him until he can only just stand.” Koby wailed when Willis grabbed him by the back of the neck, and Kurt moved forwards. Degan’s hand restrained him.

“No, Kurt, this is not a beating of passion. It is justice, laid down by our laws. Let Willis and Carson do their jobs.” Kurt huffed, but he understood. “Doug! Take our newest enforcer and go make sure the Dean’s start packing immediately.”

Kurt couldn’t help his happy yip of excitement, exiting the front of the house with Doug Camra, at the title of his new position. Out back, Koby was beaten into a bloody pulp.

Natural justice.

Copyright © 2014 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 49
  • Love 6
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/14/2014 11:13 PM, Rndmrunner said:
What an amazingly complex and nuanced social structure navigating between wolf and human!!
thank you!
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/14/2014 09:49 PM, youngtowns said:
Great chapter i loved it. I can't wait for more to come
thanks very much. there is more for a long time, promise!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I simply love it! I Wasserfälle surprised when I realized this is only the third chapter - it feels as if I has known Tahryn and Kurt much longer. It's written so well! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2014 08:22 AM, ninecila said:
I simply love it! I Wasserfälle surprised when I realized this is only the third chapter - it feels as if I has known Tahryn and Kurt much longer. It's written so well! :)
aww, thanks hun. I am glad you're enjoying the boys as much as they enjoy each other, which granted isn't much right now.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. Do much transpired in this one too short chapter. Kurt is now an enforcer and basically claimed Tahryn as his mate. Loved the pace of it and the pain. The emotions were palpable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/15/2014 06:16 PM, dawn said:
Great chapter. Do much transpired in this one too short chapter. Kurt is now an enforcer and basically claimed Tahryn as his mate. Loved the pace of it and the pain. The emotions were palpable.
I'm an empath, i like to think that i do emotions rather well. thanks very much
  • Like 2
Link to comment

there is a light at the end of the tunnel for those two after all...

Edited by Hlasota
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A chapter in which I feel an emotional wreck. These kids have done so many wrong things with out thinking since the story started. So many people have been hurt due to words, fangs, and misguided emotions. For all the age of these teens, almost all have the emotional maturity of preteens. My heart aches for each of them, including Koby. I know these flaws drive the story, but I wish there were councilors or psychologists available for the pack. Being "lycan" or "were" can't be easy, especially for the young and elderly. All of their actions have consequences, but these should come with the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and if needed, opportunities to make restitution. Sorry, just saddened. Really like Chaska, she's smart and very caring. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I really love this tale, Sasha! It feels visceral and real on a street level. 

 

I work in the inner city with homeless, runaway, and street youth and the hormonal and emotional lack of maturity you're using is spot on similar.  I've actually told a few kids over the years that I don't have to believe in vampires and werewolves because I've seen the violence that humans employ against each other which is worse than the animal kingdom.  I don't know if you meant to but the unconscious choices and imbalances you describe that Kurt makes against his human aspect have triggered every self abuse alarm I have since the last chapter.  This character seems to be actually killing his other half from neglect and denial.  I see it a lot in our trans kids.

 

@Tazzle001 comments were spot on for wanting councilors or psychologists, and I concur.  It's just such a shame that street kids and the critically poor youth rarely seek out even the free resources in an effort to show no weakness that could be preyed upon.  So many have ruined chances for adult opportunities and lives before they even have a chance at maturity.

 

I chose the anger icon because your writing is so good, that it is the emotion I'm carrying for the abuse against Tahryn.  Yet, I find hope in the role they have chosen for Kurt.  Can't stop reading now!  😳

Edited by Y0rite
  • Love 2
Link to comment

My first thought reading the assault scene was to resignedly expect no one to call it rape, especially given the perpetrator was submissive and the victim made to penetrate. I was so happily surprised when almost immediately it was recognized as rape and handled. Great chapter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

This is an interesting chapter with the rape and Kurt about to make a declaration of being a mate to Tahryn.  Kobe did rape Tahryn, but considering all we know about Toby, I am hoping he learns and is given a second chance.  This is going to make things much more difficult for Kurt, but hopefully it will help him to become a kinder and gentler wolf.  I was surprised that he was made an enforcer for simply capturing Tobe.  Kurt still has many demons to overcome.  One is how he treats those who are too human for his comfort, and another for his arrogance and lack of respect for rules.  People in the positions of enforcing laws need to have standards and ethics that uphold society, not tear it down.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..