Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 2,454 Words
  • 6,496 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unexpected Liaisons - 14. Temper Temper

“Clubbing?” Zupan raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

It had been a week. A week of dates and lunches, of seeing each other every moment they both could. A week of fantastic kisses and awesome sex. And a week of avoiding Zoltan and his questions, not answering phone calls from his friends and pretty much hiding away in full view with his new boyfriend. Everything was so new, so vibrant and exciting, that Zupan almost didn’t want to share this magical thing he had found lest its power be somehow diminished. He also knew that he was being stupid. At some point he was going to have to talk to his twin, properly, and about stuff like feelings.

It was weird to find that he didn’t want to. There was no way that Zoltan was going to be disappointed with him. After all, their best friend was Issac for christ’s sake. But somehow, maybe because he hadn’t spoken to Zoltan about it first off, had been all rough and abrasive the morning after he’d discovered sucking cock, he now feared the conversation, trepidation winding up like a coiled spring. They’d gone back to the South Alaska, but on Bay’s night off, and sat together by themselves, teasing each other and talking about any and every subject that came to hand.

A month ago, if Zupan had been asked what he had in common with a little blond twink, he would have said nothing at all, and laughed in the face of whoever was stupid enough to make such an assumption. But now he’d discovered Zander… OK, so there were things that they were never gong to understand about each other. As much as Zupan liked Zander’s hair, he was never going to understand why it took three different hair products, straighteners and half an hour to make it ‘just right’ when the boy rolled right out of bed looking like a rock star. Zander was never going to understand ice hockey or the attractions of roller derby because it was ‘just girls in fishnets hitting each other.’ But there was so much to talk about. They liked some of the same music, and Zupan got Zander listening to some heavy metal while he discovered that he quite liked some of the Abba songs after all. They both read, and Zupan could listen to the boy talk about clothes and textiles for forever his voice was that good when he used it right. They watched films in bed, snuggled up under the covers and murmured sweet nothings at each other for hours. Sometimes they never spoke at all, totally comfortable in the easy silence, wrapped up in I like a blanket.

Zander had told him he loved him the moment that they were out on the promenade in the sun, freshly showered and changed from the pool, and Zupan had kissed him in front of anyone who’d cared to look, and not given a damn about that.

“Clubbing?” He repeated, “You want me to come clubbing with you… and your friends?”

“Well dancing sexily for your boyfriend is kind of defeated if he isn’t there to look,” Zander had flashed him a wicked smile across the breakfast bar, “I just want you to come meet my friends.”

“It’s not that I’m worried about,” Zupan butted in quickly, “But I mean, I don’t really dance… and the stairs are going to be a problem. I can go down but not up.”

Zander’s face fell, his excited smile vanishing. Zupan did not like that. He hated asking for or accepting help getting around, after all, he’d built the last seven years on his life on the idea of proving everybody wrong and being independent, but if it made Zander happy… once every now and then wouldn’t kill him.

“Hey, it’s all right. We’ll get the bouncers to give us a hand eh?”

*

Zander had taken him shopping, which had probably been one of the weirder experiences of his life, and while Zupan had managed to escape buying anymore jeans or boots, apparently new underwear and a shirt for the evening was a requirement of meeting Zander’s friends. Zander had been on the phone to Billy, and while Zupan could only vaguely match a name to a face, he was happy that he would at least be known to someone. Inviting Issac and Bay had been Zander’s idea too, for which Zupan was grateful, but Bay was on an emergency late at the South Alaska because James had managed to get food poisoning with his continued frequenting of really dodgy late night Indian food and Issac had a special private party to cater for at the restaurant. Zupan had shrugged and told Zander he hadn’t minded, but it would have been nice to have someone one his side, he had no idea how many of Zupan’s friends he would be meeting.

Just put on your game face… Zupan grinned to himself. He’s flown half way around the world, represented his country at the Olympics and had his image plastered on billboard all over the globe, being a bit concerned about meeting Zander’s friends was silly. So he showered and shaved, trimmed up his beard, cut his hair again, and located the shopping that his boyfriend had bought for him.

Zupan had always worn loose cotton boxer shorts in the baggy variety, since they were easy to get on and off, but Zander had bought for him a pair of clingy grey silk boxer-briefs and made a face that looked like Christmas. Whatever made the boy happy… They were a struggle to get into, but Zupan had to admit after the hundredth adjustment that the material shaped his package rather nicely, and once he’d pulled on the low riding jeans, he saw why they were important. The grey silk waistband was visibly and just shiny enough to draw the eye. Zander was trying to make him into a tease. The shirt was another matter entirely. Zupan had tried to explain about his dislike of buttons, but Zander had smiled and kissed him and told him to try on the deep blue shirt with the white piping anyway. It was an American style shirt with an open collar and a contrasting yoke, and Zupan had been surprised to find that the buttons were not buttons, but poppers finished with a creamy pearlescence. He got the shirt on by practically bruising his breastbone with the pressure of his thumb, but he had to admit that his boyfriend had style and excellent taste, and he looked good.

The club was packed out, even early on in the evening, and Zupan had folded his arms and allowed the two bouncers to lift his chair up the stairs and into the club. He had avoided at looking at any of the pretty and not-so-pretty boys in the line. The music was loud and the bass throbbed in his ears, strobes and neon playing over the dancer’s floor. Zander’s fingers played along the back of his neck.

Zupan grinned at his boyfriend. Zander had gone for white straight leg jeans and neon yellow high top trainers which he’d paired with the most sparkly shirt Zupan had ever seen. It was pale pink with a huge glitter skull emblazoned across the front, surrounded by giant vibrant flowers. He shone when he moved in the lights.

“You might be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.” Zupan made sure he spoke loud enough to be heard, brushing his lips against the soft shell of Zander’s ear.

“Babe…” Zander was smiling, pink lips and shining eyes, “I’ll go get us drinks yeah?” Zupan nodded, “You wanna corona?”

Zupan was close enough to the bar to see and hear what was going on. Zander ordered a corona and a cosmopolitan, smiled over at him and chatted to the guy next to him. A boy with stupid hair folded his arms on the bar next to Zander.

“Hey Zan! You got a beer?” He sounded sort of incredulous.

Zander sipped his drink and pushed the lime down the neck of Zupan’s beer.

“It’s for my boyfriend,” Zupan loved the shape Zander’s pink lips made when he said that word.

“You got yourself an actual man? And I thought that you and Billy were always going to make a really cute couple.”

“Come meet him.” Zander grinned and turned from the bar, followed by the kid with a stupid haircut, “Here babes.”

Zupan took the drink and smiled at Zander’s friend. It was time to turn on the charm, be the charismatic sports personality, and be nice to his lover’s friends, regardless of their silly hair.

“Thanks Zan,” He offered his other hand, “Zupan Standahl. Nice to meet you.”

The boy with the odd hair covered his reaction and surprise rather well, all things considered. Zander dropped into Zupan’s lap, his legs crossed sideways over the arm rest, and snuggled into Zupan’s shoulder. The friend took Zupan’s hand as though being disabled might be infectious.

“Danni,” He smiled, but his teeth were gritted, “Nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Zupan swigged his beer, “What’ve you got there babes? Looks fancy.”

“Cosmo. The first one we made Bay learn so that there was something to drink at that damn bar you like so much.” He grinned and swatted Zupan’s firm bicep.

“So how did you two… when did…?” Danni looked completely confused by the situation in front of him.

“Oh you know…” Zander shrugged fluidly, “Friend of a friend, went for a drink…” He let the sentence trail off and stroked Zupan’s beard before kissing him. He tasted like pink cranberries.

If a girl had done that… Zupan shook himself mentally. If any girl had acted that possessive around him, he’d have either given them the cold shoulder or the wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am treatment. But he liked the way that Zander seemed to have no qualms about being his boyfriend in public, wasn’t ashamed of the fact that his boyfriend was in a wheelchair, didn’t care that his friend was looking at him like he was mad. And it wasn’t like Zupan was being anything less than full on. Zoltan had always said that everything he did he did by jumping in head first. The music changed and Zander sat up straighter in his lap.

“Oh go on…”

“You don’t mind?” Zander was already half getting up, smiling like an idiot.

“Nah, go do your thing babe,” He swigged his beer, “This way I get to sit and watch your pretty ass dance.”

“Thanks Zu!” Zander kissed him, drained his drink and shimmied off to the dance floor. Zupan rolled himself to a spot near the railings that ran around the dance floor and set his brakes. Watching Zander dance was fun, even though the music wasn’t what he liked to listen too, because Zander danced like his life depended on it, as though it was the only thing his body was supposed do. He vibrated to the music, shimmied and swayed and swung his hips, and then flashed a sexy little biting-his-bottom-lip grin and hot summer blue eyes at Zupan that made his heart flip and his cock almost painfully hard.

“Oh my god. What is that doing here?” The voice was nasally camp and effeminate.

“Freak.”

“Pervert,” A third voice, “Like anyone here would pull that. Bet it doesn’t even work.”

“Reckon he gets off on watching?” The first voice again, Zupan felt his shoulders go tight and tense, “Go give ‘im a lap dance then!”

“Oi, fuck off!” The second voice, all shrill and as welcome as nails on a chalk board,” I wouldn’t touch it with ‘is.”

Zupan had to force himself to unclench his fists as the song wound down and Zander started back through the crowd towards him.

“Hey look! Zander!” The owner of the first voice came into view, a shock of bright purple hair. He and Zander hugged quickly, Zupan growled. “Where’s your new man then? Not dancing?”

Zander’s gaze broke from the violet haired man and his eyes lit up when he smiled at Zupan. Suddenly everything was better.

“Oh sweetie don’t be cruel,” the third speaker chipped in, standing right behind him, “Poor thing probably doesn’t even remember what it’s like to have a good boy in his lap.”

Two things happened at once. Zander’s expression changed from one of love to absolute horror and shock, his jaw set hard and his eyes narrowed. Zupan reached back, grabbed the speaker by what turned out to be his belt and a handful of shirt and the skin of his stomach and threw him bodily over his own head and the low railings onto the dance floor.

“Zu!”

Zupan had already removed his brakes and rolled around the end of the barrier and onto the deserted patch of lacquered flooring.

“You incomparable little shit!” He hit the man he’d thrown with the chair, then dragged him up by his collar, “You thought you could stand there and talk shit about me any longer?”

“That’s your boyfriend?” The first guy who had spoken, the camp one, had obviously lost control of his sense of self preservation, “Zan, honey, what made you think you were that desperate?”

Zander gaped at him, horrified and open mouthed. Zupan rounded on the speaker.

“Like you would know a good thing if it punched you square in the balls. Now fuck off before I do the same.”

“Zupan!” Zu was already rolling away in the direction of the stars. Security would be about to chuck him out anyway, and everyone was staring. He’d held his tongue as long as he could, and he knew if he stayed he was going to hit someone else. There was a reason other players feared him on the court. “Zupan!”

Rolling down stairs wasn’t very difficult when you knew how, and Zupan tilted his chair and rocked himself down the steps one at a time in a controlled half fall half hopping manner. Zander was hot behind him.

“Zu! Wait!”

“What for?” He was near the bottom of the stairs and his biceps shook with the effort of holding the position, “For your friends make fun of me some more? The thick pervert in a wheelchair?”

“They’re not my friends. I just sort of know them!” Zander sounded desperate, Zupan wouldn’t look at him. He descended the last few steps.

“Well I’d rather not be stuck in a room full of that much prejudice. I’ll see you later.”

And even though he knew it was childish and dramatic, and that he was going to regret it in about two minutes time, Zupan rolled away.

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was wondering when narrow minded thinking would rear its ugly head. How disappointingly ironic it was Zander's friends/acquaintances that turned out to be the cruel and closed minded ones.

 

I hope Zander doesn't do anything disappointing. :unsure:

 

Nice chapter and thanks again.

Link to comment

And thus the other shoe dropped. He wouldn't talk to his friends and brother because he was uncomfortable with what they might of thought of his less than straight-ish sexuality. He had no problems with Zander. But what brought everything down was bigotry about him being in a chair. I don't even think it was his disability but more because it was supposedly Zander's friends. I don't think he blames Zander rather I think he blames himself for being in a chair and bring reproach or whatever onto Zander. I actually think he was trying to protect Zander rather than himself. Well Zander say he was happy with the fact that Zu could protect.....but was this the way he meant?

Link to comment

Were these the "friends" Zander wanted Zu to meet? Or were they just as Zander said: aquaintances? They weren't the real friends Zander wanted Zu to meet?

 

I can certainly understand why Zu would roll off in a huff. I cannot believe ANYONE would say those asinine comments about someone in a wheelchair!!!!! Well, of course I can, that stupid woman did at the pool. But seriously, how cruel can people be? And to accuse Zander of being desperate! How humiliating for Zupan.

 

Zupan will probably to the the South Alaska and get wasted. He needs to cool off before he talks to Zander. I know he doesn't blame Zander. Zander would never be friends who were so bigoted and narrow-minded. You know, these people I am sure get offended when others call them derogatory names and act disgusted with them just for who they are. They don't even have any control over their sexuality. But here they are, acting the same exact way that people act towards them. Haven't they learned how hurtful bigotry and hate are? How could they do this to someone else? And one of their "friends" or acquaintances's friend, no less? I'd never want to associate with those people again if I were Zander.

 

Oh, and Sasha, in regards to your response to my review in the last chapter when I was impressed at how Zupan got out of the pool and into his chair so fluidly...I have never seen that done, but I did see an episode of "Oprah" many years ago which focused on a girl who had no limbs. From what I remember, I think she was born that way. She lived by herself in an apartment and had it rigged up since she didn't have the use of arms or legs. It was utterly amazing watching her get around and do things like open the fridge, answer the phone, etc. It was really impressive. She was young also, I think in her twenties. I remember she had red hair and I think she lived in Oregon. Weird that I can remember that.

 

Anyway...I hope the next chapter finds Zu and Zander making up and Zander going back to the club and tazing all those losers. lol ;)

Link to comment

How sweet that Zander has apparently been bragging about his new boyfrind so much that even people he only knows in a vague way has heard about him being hooked up. Obviously these were not his friends, nor was the first guy at the bar, who had to introduce himself.

His real friends would know the deal, because Zander would never embarrass Zupan or his friends by leaving them unaware. I bet he has even said something cute and sexy about loving that he can go for a walk with Zu and be in his lap at the same time.

Not that I blame Zu for getting out of there, but I sure would have liked for him to see the absolute fit Zander was about to have, I bet he would have just about killed those three guys with something utterly cutting and witty.

Oh and I was just waiting for the clothes shopping part, I'm betting that will be a regular occurence, especially the underwear. And that Zupan will be very surprised by how people will notice him in a different way, when he starts looking smart all the time. Zoltan and Bay are just gonna tease him so much about it - but I bet his twin is relieved never to have to take his brother shopping for clothes again.

Link to comment
On 07/15/2013 09:31 AM, Miles Long said:
I was wondering when narrow minded thinking would rear its ugly head. How disappointingly ironic it was Zander's friends/acquaintances that turned out to be the cruel and closed minded ones.

 

I hope Zander doesn't do anything disappointing. :unsure:

 

Nice chapter and thanks again.

turns out that camp gay kids can be bigoted idiots too.
Link to comment
On 07/15/2013 03:36 PM, Timothy M. said:
How sweet that Zander has apparently been bragging about his new boyfrind so much that even people he only knows in a vague way has heard about him being hooked up. Obviously these were not his friends, nor was the first guy at the bar, who had to introduce himself.

His real friends would know the deal, because Zander would never embarrass Zupan or his friends by leaving them unaware. I bet he has even said something cute and sexy about loving that he can go for a walk with Zu and be in his lap at the same time.

Not that I blame Zu for getting out of there, but I sure would have liked for him to see the absolute fit Zander was about to have, I bet he would have just about killed those three guys with something utterly cutting and witty.

Oh and I was just waiting for the clothes shopping part, I'm betting that will be a regular occurence, especially the underwear. And that Zupan will be very surprised by how people will notice him in a different way, when he starts looking smart all the time. Zoltan and Bay are just gonna tease him so much about it - but I bet his twin is relieved never to have to take his brother shopping for clothes again.

You know Zander so well.....
Link to comment
On 07/15/2013 11:39 AM, Lisa said:
Were these the "friends" Zander wanted Zu to meet? Or were they just as Zander said: aquaintances? They weren't the real friends Zander wanted Zu to meet?

 

I can certainly understand why Zu would roll off in a huff. I cannot believe ANYONE would say those asinine comments about someone in a wheelchair!!!!! Well, of course I can, that stupid woman did at the pool. But seriously, how cruel can people be? And to accuse Zander of being desperate! How humiliating for Zupan.

 

Zupan will probably to the the South Alaska and get wasted. He needs to cool off before he talks to Zander. I know he doesn't blame Zander. Zander would never be friends who were so bigoted and narrow-minded. You know, these people I am sure get offended when others call them derogatory names and act disgusted with them just for who they are. They don't even have any control over their sexuality. But here they are, acting the same exact way that people act towards them. Haven't they learned how hurtful bigotry and hate are? How could they do this to someone else? And one of their "friends" or acquaintances's friend, no less? I'd never want to associate with those people again if I were Zander.

 

Oh, and Sasha, in regards to your response to my review in the last chapter when I was impressed at how Zupan got out of the pool and into his chair so fluidly...I have never seen that done, but I did see an episode of "Oprah" many years ago which focused on a girl who had no limbs. From what I remember, I think she was born that way. She lived by herself in an apartment and had it rigged up since she didn't have the use of arms or legs. It was utterly amazing watching her get around and do things like open the fridge, answer the phone, etc. It was really impressive. She was young also, I think in her twenties. I remember she had red hair and I think she lived in Oregon. Weird that I can remember that.

 

Anyway...I hope the next chapter finds Zu and Zander making up and Zander going back to the club and tazing all those losers. lol ;)

Living in Brighton, you would believe some of the shit i've heard people say. Most tolerant city in Britain? Yeah right.

 

also, props for my longest ever review.

Link to comment

Zander, surprised me a little. We have to remember Zu is technically straight. Next lead a straight guy into a den of queens. Or an old guy. :). Looking forward to how this gets resolved. I see a brother intervention.

Link to comment

Actually I was impressed with how well Zu managed to control himself and keep the violence down to a minimum. I think I would have totally lost it, even if I was just a bystander in the club!

People, in addition to being horribly bigoted about some of the stupidest things, can be incredibly stupid on top of it all. Given a choice I am quite sure Zu, and any one else in the world, would prefer not to be in a chair faced with the immense challenges they are every single day just to live their lives and get around. Life isn't always fair, the least we can do as human beings is to try to be. Too bad so many don't even make the attempt!

Zander I think is in for some interesting conversations in the next little bit of his life. With his so called friends and acquaintances at the club, with Bay and Issac, and most importantly with Zu!

Can't wait to see the results!

Link to comment

God, those fucking fucks... And noooo, don't leave Zander!! Zander loves you, Zu! So glad there's another chapter already...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..