Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 1,520 Words
  • 5,379 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unexpected Liaisons - 15. Tears and Tantrums

The half idea in his head was to head straight to the South Alaska and get totally wasted, and that plan was great expect that his twin and Bay would both be there and that would definitely hinder his ability to pour whiskey down his throat until he passed out. Zupan didn’t get much of a chance to think about his decision anyway, because it took Zander less than a minute to catch him up.

“Zupan!”

Zu ignored him and kept rolling. He was way too pissed off to enter into a conversation with someone whose opinions he actually cared about.

“Zu!” Zander grabbed the back of the chair and half pulled him around. The skinny young man halted any further movements he might have made by falling to his knees and hugging Zupan’s useless legs, “Will you stop already?”

“I don’t wanna hear it!” Zupan growled. His shoulders shook and he still felt like hitting something. There was no way he wanted to hear the boy he loved, Shit, and saying that in his head suddenly hurt, defending those bigoted little shitheads.

“You don’t want to hear what?” Zander looked shocked, “You think those were the friends I invited you to come and meet?” Zupan felt his flame-hot rage begin to subside in the face of Zander’s rising anger, “Babe they’re just guys who I sort of know from going out and being in clubs.” He saw Zupan’s sceptical look, “I wouldn’t stop to piss on them if they were on fire. And now they know that.” He scowled when he spoke and suddenly Zupan wished he’d hung around long enough to hear what his boyfriend has said to the sorry specimens in the club. He bet it had been sharp enough to cut glass. “Zu, babe, talk to me.”

“You…” Zupan could hardly believe the words coming out of his mouth, and his vision was getting blurry. He hadn’t cried in years, “You’re not mad at me for throwing that guy?”

“Mad?” Zander was kneeling up now, lifting and wriggling his way into Zupan’s lap, his apparent new favourite place to be, “Babe I’m proud of you. You defended me, and yourself, and us,” He touched his hand to Zupan’s chest and brought it over his own heart, “Hell I would have hit one of them if I thought it would do any damage.” He grinned in a cute self-depreciating sort of manner, and Zupan found him hugging the boy against his chest hard. He nuzzled into Zander’s super fluffy hair. “Babe? Are you crying?”

“No.” Zupan managed, bring his hand around Zander’s cheek so that the boy couldn’t pull away from him and see that he was lying, as though it wasn’t obvious

“I love you.” Zander whispered to his collarbone, “Nothing and no one is getting in the way of that.”

Zupan hugged him tighter, then took a deep breath and dragged his hand over his eyes.

“You still want me to meet your friends?”

“You want to?” Zander looked shocked.

“Yeah,” Zupan shrugged, he wanted Zander to be happy, “But they ain’t going to let me back in there though are they?”

“No.” Zander had his phone in his hand in a flash, “You sure babe?”

“Course. Whatever you want.”

Zander kissed him, tasting like the colour pink.

“Billy? Yeah, no we’re not there. Can you guys meet us at, hang on… Babe what’s that pub you like that does the cool looking cider with the pretty label?”

“The Eagle?” Zupan nuzzled his boyfriend’s neck, trying to make up for his earlier tantrum

“Yeah. Can you meet us at The Eagle?” Zander was whispering against his skin, lips moving over his cheekbone, “We’ll be five minutes. Thanks hun.” He shut the phone away, “So you going to give me a lift then big man?” Zander wriggled in his lap, hooking his legs under Zupan’s calves.

“You lazy little creature you.” Zupan ruffled his hair and then turned the wheels of his chair to start heading towards The Eagle in town, “I think I spoil you too much. You’re not embarrassed about being seen with me are you.” He didn’t phrase it like a question, it was so deliciously obvious that Zander wasn’t embarrassed by him. He squirmed in the most interesting ways.

“Do you have any idea how awesome it is to be able to go for a walk with your boyfriend and sit in his lap and snuggle at the same time?” Zander was kissing his neck again, fingers tickling over his abs. “It’s like my new favourite thing to do,” He paused, chewing gently on his lower lip, “OK, second favourite thing.”

“Now why do I think I might know what that thing is babe?” Zupan checked at the road before rolling them across, “You bad thing you.”

“It’s not like you don’t like it an’ all,” Zander managed to wriggle a hand between them and squeezed the silk covered bulge in Zupan’s new underwear, “You look really good tonight babe.”

Zupan grinned, he couldn’t help it, and tried to concentrate on steering.

“I’m gonna have to dress up more often aren’t I?” Zupan tutted, “Will there be more underwear?” When Zander nodded, he groaned, “Damn it. Here we are pretty boy.”

Zander hugged Zander round the neck and wriggled. He was obviously staying exactly where he was. Zupan wheeled them through the doorway and into the orange lit jovial atmosphere of the pub. The Eagle had been their go to hang out before the South Alaska had gotten going, and it had kept the same landlord’s for as long. They were nice, normal, tolerant people who believed in decent food and good alcohol.

“I’ll get you a drink yeah babe?” Zupan lifted Zander easily from his lap as though he weighed nothing. The blond twink smiled at him, ran a hand through his hair, pulling his fringe from his face, and for a moment Zander saw the slightly harder image of the young man from the swimming pool, the boy he saw coming out of the shower in the mornings, the sweat soaked figure who sat astride him on his bed with his fingers plastered against his skull. It was a good image. He got drinks at the bar, the cider with the pretty label as Zander had called it, and wheeled himself over to where Zander had removed a chair for him.

“Oh Zan…” The speaker was a skinny blonde boy with violent pink highlights in his hair and a big grin, “You really weren’t exaggerating for once.” Zupan felt his fist tighten until the tone of the boy’s words got through to him, “No offense or rudeness dude, but you’re definitely the hottest guy he’s ever brought to meet us. Well done Zander.” He reached his hand across the table, “I’m Emmet, you must be the famous Zupan.”

Zupan shook his hand, and made sure to grip as hard as he could.

“Good lord, you’re arms are huge!” The Asian guy sitting next to Emmet put his hand over his mouth when he smiled, “Maybe I should trade you in for a real man Em?” Emmet set straight to tickling the smaller man and Zupan realised with a shocked that they laughed just like he and Zander did.

“Zu…” Zander was saying his name all soft and low, “This is Kim, Emmet’s better half-”

“Hey!”

“Oh shut it, you know it’s true.” Zander was smiling, and everything was genuine and happy, and Zupan realised that he wasn’t trying to impress anyone. “And Billy, who you know.” Billy raised a hand in greeting and Zupan tried his best not to look scary. “Tony, we’ve known each other since school I suppose, “ Tony was very laid back looking, and had bands of words tattooed up his arm, “And Monty… we like to think of him as our alcohol based sponsor,” Monty was about thirty-five, and dressed like a twenties mod in a tweed suit, “We keep tricking him into picking up the tab.”

“Only because his husband doesn’t drink,” Billy chipped in, “He pays for us to drink and then goes back to his great big house and laughs about us.”

“I do not. I use you as educational life lessons for the kids.” Monty checked his pocket watch and smirked, “At least I can stop my year eleven’s from making all of your mistakes.”

“Mean.” Kim pitched in, “I don’t make mistakes.”

“You mean except that thing hanging on your arm?” Tony muttered around his beer bottle, earning himself a girlish slap on the bicep for his trouble, “So Zander told us you play… murder something? We all gonna wake up dead tomorrow is it?”

“Murderball. Quadriplegic wheelchair rugby.” Zupan smiled, he knew he could talk about his sport for forever.

“Zu’s an Olympian.” Zander said with a grin, like he was the luckiest boy in the world, and Zupan felt his heart sort of explode with love as the little blond starting boasting about him, “He’s amazing on the court, he can hit like a freight train…”

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You have got to do something about these short chapters. You just get things going good and Bam the chapters done. This was a good one. I think Zander has the best seats in the house.

Link to comment

That was great! I'm in love with Kim and Emmett! They sound so cute and fluffy and adorable. I'm glad things smoothed over easily. <3 Good work Sasha!

Link to comment

Damn! I wanted to be there to see Zander yell at those bigoted idiots! lol

 

I'm so glad everything is all well and good with Z&Z.

 

Zander's REAL friends are terrific! I hope Zupan has a good time with them. :)

Link to comment

Wow Sasha I've never been so lucky with guessing before, all my bets paid off ! I thought you were just being really nice yesterday when you complimented me on knowing Zander well, but now I'm sitting here with the proudest grin on my face after reading this chapter. Consider yourself hugged as thanks.

I'm also glad that they sorted things out immediately, bodes well for their relationship that they can get angry and hurt but still communicate. Wonder if the murderball team will have a new audience next time they play.

Link to comment
On 07/16/2013 11:01 AM, Thorn Wilde said:
Okay, I'm happy now. All is well! :D
I couldn't never leave you hanging. xx
Link to comment
On 07/16/2013 03:18 PM, Timothy M. said:
Wow Sasha I've never been so lucky with guessing before, all my bets paid off ! I thought you were just being really nice yesterday when you complimented me on knowing Zander well, but now I'm sitting here with the proudest grin on my face after reading this chapter. Consider yourself hugged as thanks.

I'm also glad that they sorted things out immediately, bodes well for their relationship that they can get angry and hurt but still communicate. Wonder if the murderball team will have a new audience next time they play.

I do keep telling people, but I'm never nice just for the sake of it. well done you.
Link to comment
On 07/16/2013 09:24 AM, Daithi said:
You have got to do something about these short chapters. You just get things going good and Bam the chapters done. This was a good one. I think Zander has the best seats in the house.
i just love to tease the kitten. Consider me to be doling out your personal ball of string
Link to comment

Poor Daithi, you aren't giving her enough string to make a tangled mess!

Now this is a much better set of people!

Can't wait till Zol finally corners and makes Zu spill. Having his twin not share has to be eating at Zol!

Lovely my dear - simply lovely

Link to comment

I just love what a sap Zupan is for Zander. That first encounter was completely terrible, enough to ruin anyone's evening... but Zupan's good to go for another round of introductions, because it'll make Zander happy, and what more does he need to know? :wub: You've done such a great job of showing-not-telling with your writing in this whole series, but I think this is my favorite chapter because it's when I perceive the balance tipping completely over from Zupan still trying to be a tough guy to Zupan being an utter pushover for Zander. Though the other incidents (shower room, ring, puppy, etc.) are pretty fantastic too.

Link to comment
On 03/21/2014 07:40 AM, Irritable1 said:
I just love what a sap Zupan is for Zander. That first encounter was completely terrible, enough to ruin anyone's evening... but Zupan's good to go for another round of introductions, because it'll make Zander happy, and what more does he need to know? :wub: You've done such a great job of showing-not-telling with your writing in this whole series, but I think this is my favorite chapter because it's when I perceive the balance tipping completely over from Zupan still trying to be a tough guy to Zupan being an utter pushover for Zander. Though the other incidents (shower room, ring, puppy, etc.) are pretty fantastic too.
awww, thank you hun. It's so lovely to hear. Truthfully, i think i miss Zupan the most out of any character. he was such fun. we shall all drink pink lemonade shooters and smile.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..