Jump to content
    SHDWriter
  • Author
  • 1,734 Words
  • 2,765 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Year I Stopped Being Invisible - 22. Chapter 22

I stood with Taine and Sly in the parking lot behind the Sizzler, where we had just had a wonderful dinner following a very important conversation about Sly's commitment to being a good father to Taine and his acknowledgement and support of our relationship. But none of the three of us were smiling.

The reason for our sudden change of mood was Sly's cherry-red Lamborghini Countach, which was sitting in front of us looking like it had been out in the worst urban slum imaginable on an all-night bender. All four tires were slashed flat, the mirrors were broken, the windshield had been shattered, and the glistening body had been covered with some of the filthiest words in the English language in crude black spray-paint.

I looked shocked, Taine looked stricken, and Sly...well, he looked like he could fight an army. He didn't say a word, just went over to the car and began inspecting it for damage. Neither I nor Taine was about to break the silence.

While Sly fumed, Taine came with me to the payphone to call Rex. We weren't going to be riding home in the Lambo that night, so we had to make other arrangements. I don't think any of us spoke until Rex's white Chevy Nova pulled into the parking lot. Rex didn't get out, but I saw his eyes narrow as he surveyed the damage. Sly shook Rex's hand as he got in the passenger seat, and I knew he was doing his best to stay calm for Taine, who sat behind me limply in the backseat, totally drained by the events of the last two hours.

"Welp," said Rex, "they hit us, now they hit you, and now it's our turn again. Whod, you should probably stay over at Sly's house tonight."

Sly nodded his agreement.

"Okay," I said.

We rode in silence until we reached the Maxwell house. Sly shook Rex's hand again before looking back at us.

"You guys go inside and get some rest. Don't forget the alarm codes. Rex and I are going to go back and...uh...get the car towed."

I didn't believe him. I had a pretty good idea what Sly and Rex were up to, and felt -- if I was reading Sly's tone correctly -- that Kevin Gorman was not going to be having a very pleasant evening.

"Be careful," I said, as I led Taine from the car.

"We'll be careful," Rex grinned, but there was no humor in his eyes.

I nodded gravely as the Nova rolled backwards out of the driveway and took off down the street.

* * * * *

Taine lay in my arms as I reclined on his soft, warm bed. His breathing was shallow, and growing more so as he rubbed his face sleepily into my chest and tightened his grip on my side with his right arm, which was curled around me like I was a pillow.

"Your shirt's really warm and soft," he mumbled. "It's nice."

I stroked his hair absently as I stared up at the patterns my mind imagined in the white stucco ceiling of his room.

His stereo was playing a typical Taine dirge.

White on white translucent black capes

Back on the rack

I angled my face down and kissed him on top of his head, the cap sitting jealously on the duvet next to me.

"You sleeping?" I asked softly.

"No," he whispered. "I was just thinking"

"'bout what?"

"About how things always seem like they're getting better," he sighed, digging the side of his face into my sweatshirt as if trying to crawl inside me. "And then they don't."

Bela Lugosi's dead

The bats have left the bell tower

I raised up a little on the pillows in concern, hugging him closer to me.

"What do you mean, Babes?"

He threw his right leg over both of mine and squeezed me tight, struggling with his words. We lay there for a few minutes in silence, feeling each other breathing, just being comforted by each other's presence and closeness.

Finally, he raised his head and rested his chin on my chest.

"I'm sorry," he said, his eyes closed and his smooth, beautiful cheeks slightly flushed.

The victims have been bled

Red velvet lines the black box

"Sorry? You've got nothing to be sorry for, my sweet, precious angel."

I took his face gently in my hands, as Sly had done in the car earlier. Then I brought him forward a bit and bent my head to kiss him lightly on each of his closed eyelids. He was, as someone once wrote, the kind of boy who was meant to be kissed upon the eyes.

Taine smiled wanly, then laid his head back on my chest and hugged me tight once again.

"I do," he said into my warm fleece sweatshirt, and then the words began to tumble out, hard and fast: "Ever since you met me, I've brought you nothing but trouble. You got mixed up in that mess with Coach, you got in a car accident, you got in a fight, you got suspended, your dog got murdered, and now people want to kill you, kill your family..."

He began to sob, and I could only hold him close, speechless in the face of his deep, dark well of guilt and self-loathing.

Bela Lugosi's dead

Bela Lugosi's dead

"It's just me, Ricky!" he cried suddenly. "And now Dad finally tells me he loves me and his beautiful car gets trashed, destroyed...It's just me! That's what I meant in that note. Don't love me, Rick. It will only hurt you...over and over again, it will only hurt you."

"What?" I breathed. "No, Taine. No...that's not true. None of that is true..."

"It is," he insisted, burying his face in me again. "Everything I touch dies."

Undead undead undead

Undead undead undead

I smirked, grasping both of his wrists and pulling him over me, then down on the other side of the mattress, rolling until I was on top of him, gazing down into his wide, startled eyes as I held his arms above his head.

"Is that what you think?" I asked in a fierce growl.

He nodded at me, tears still rolling from his eyes.

"Well, I'm going to prove that's not true," I said.

With that, I reached down and peeled off his t-shirt, sliding it up and over his head and outstretched arms in a single, deft motion.

He looked up at me, startled. We had never gone even this far before with each other, and I think my boldness may have slightly alarmed him, breaking his self-blaming reverie.

That was kind of the point, although certainly not the only point.

The virginal brides file past his tomb

Strewn with time's dead flowers

I tossed his t-shirt aside and renewed my grip on his wrists, holding his arms above his head and smiling hungrily at the sight of his pale armpits and their silken axillary hair. I let my eyes travel across the alabaster skin of his slender torso, Taine's large, pinkish-brown nipples starting to rise in the cool air-conditioned room. I was dizzied by his flat, beautiful belly, with its smattering of soft down leading to his still-hidden sex.

I laid down on him until our faces were less than an inch apart.

"So, kill me," I whispered, and kissed him, passionately, my left hand caressing his cheek, while my right still loosely gripped both of his wrists above his head. As I began to trail kisses and nibbles down his slender neck, I released his wrists and let my fingers glide, lightly and teasingly, down the soft skin of his inner left arm.

Bereft in deathly bloom

Alone in a darkened room

I felt him begin to shiver as my lips brushed down his chest, my tongue flicking down to his sensitive nipples, which I took in my mouth, sucking and licking them each in turn until Taine moaned with ecstasy, raising his hips and grinding our hardened cocks against each other as they strained at the clothing which bound them.

"Mmm, Rick," Taine sighed, biting his lower lip and closing his eyes in pleasure.

I raised myself briefly to remove my sweatshirt, dropping it on top of his t-shirt and cap in the growing pile of clothing next to our gyrating hips. I stood at the foot of Taine's bed, undoing the button and zipper of his loose cargo pants and slipping them easily from his slender young body, taking his boxers as well.

The sight before me was electrifying, causing me to exhale slowly in pure wonder as I gazed upon Taine's beautiful, naked body, exposed to me completely for the first time.

Everything about him was perfect, simultaneously angelic and erotic. I wished that I was an artist so that I could paint the ultimate, sensual vision which presented itself in front of me.

"You..." I whispered. "You are beautiful."

I quickly removed my jeans, pulling down my white briefs and allowing my throbbing cock to escape. I was so hard, so excited by the first sight of my lover, all of him, that I could barely breathe. I forced myself to slow down, placing a hand on each of Taine's slim, perfect ankles, then gently sliding my palms up his smooth, slender legs as I lowered myself back to the bed.

Showing remarkable restraint, I didn't go right for his erection, which -- like the rest of him -- was absolutely gorgeous and perfect. I did, of course, pause to admire it as it pulsed achingly against his abdomen, a thin, pearly drop of fluid glistening at its silken tip.

Instead, I let my fingers trace the delicate bones of his hips, and the curve of his slim, warm waist, lowering my lips to kiss his small, indented navel and inhaling his faint but intoxicating musk. I lingered, teasingly, kissing and nuzzling his belly until he was almost bruising my neck with his urgent, repeated upward thrusts. Smiling, I raised my head from his belly and stroked my hand slowly along his side as I turned my attention to the place to which Taine was so insistently attempting to direct me.

As I took him gently in my mouth, I thought that maybe I was tasting Heaven.

"Bela Lugosi's Dead," written by Bauhaus. Performed by Bauhaus. c 1979 by Small Wonder Records.
c 2018 by Steven H. Davis
  • Like 20
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love this chapter for two different but, I guess, not polar reasons.  Rick bringing Taine back from his abyss of entirely undeserved self-blame by loving him body and soul.  And knowing that, while they are in bed tenderly and ecstatically caring for each other, Sly and Rex are almost certainly on their way to mete out entirely deserved punishment to Kevin and his father and any other miscreants.  I delighted in hearing Sly take down the principal and hearing Rex's account of Sly taking on the principal and Kevin's father.  Now there's gonna be a real whuppin'.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

The gauntlet has been thrown and accepted.  I agree with @everett Weedin jr That this chapter has so much love and hate together.  While Sly and Rex are headed out to meet out justice and revenge Taine and Rick are meeting together in love and compassion.   I don’t know how far this will escalate from here but I do hope that whatever Sly and Rex have planned that their punishments fit the crimes committed.  Thanks and looking forward to more. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

😎...................Wow, that chapter is even more strangely erotic if you listen to the song 'Bella Lugusi's Dead' by Bauhuas while reading it. The whole thing plays out very macabre'ish , and strange.  Great chapter!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Intense. 

 

 

Though.  Seriously....... no one noticed teen punks trashing a lambo at the gd SIZZLER ???

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Though.  Seriously....... no one noticed teen punks trashing a lambo at the gd SIZZLER ???

 

You know, it's funny you should bring this up. This is one of those things I thought about setting up in more detail, pointing out the other empty storefronts in the dying strip mall, the parking around the side, the Sizzler itself being nearly empty and not that far from closing, etc etc.  I probably should have.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That would have set it up better.  I can't imagine a small Texas town in 1981 having so many lamborghinis one getting trashed wasn't big business. 

 

But aside from this minor detail, I am really liking the story.  

Thanks for what you've written so far. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, San Antonio was hardly a small town even in 1981 (about 700,000 people as I recall), and did have it's fair share of ridiculously gaudy cars. I also remember standing behind Ric Flair in a movie line once, but the set-up might have been better, you're right.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh well that is my bad then as I didn't realize it was San Antonio.  

Reading comprehension fail.  Sorry

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Rick is the medicine that Taine needs. He’s learning how to pull him from the dark recesses of his mind and the demons...

Go Rex and Sly! Can I get some WHOOPASS in the house??

Great choice in music... One of my favorite groups... memories!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I love how you seem to flip the polar opposite; going from happy to serous, then to a nurturing tone. I think rick is Taines rock, his island for the moment. When we all get to a bad place, we need someone to lean on for support. As predicted a storm is coming, and I can assume it is going to get a lot more frighting and grossly depressing than the death of a dog or the destruction of a car.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Good chapter. I just hope Rex and Sly dont get themselves in too much trouble. Right now, we only suspect but dont know for sure who the real culprits are so riding off like a lynch mob with emotions running high probably not the best. Sweet tender moment between Rick and Taine, shame only one of them will get to experience a loving first.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..