Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 3,125 Words
  • 4,010 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bad Romance - 12. Chapter 12

Luke couldn’t help the extreme grin forming on his face, looking at his ‘B+’ grade on the history assignment. He couldn’t believe it at first. It was not like he spent hours working on the assignment. He just wrote shit about whatever came to his mind; a lot of it came from one of Will Durant’s civilization books that he had read few months back. But, he never expected to get that good of a grade on it. ‘I guess Noah was right after all.’ Luke thought, ‘or maybe he’s just being generous?’

He giggled in happiness and put the assignment away. He was sitting on his bed, searching for his cell phone. He finally found it and dialled Noah’s number.

“Hello?” Noah’s wary voice filled his ears, and he was in awe listening to his telephonic voice.

“Hey Noah ... it’s me, Luke.” Luke shyly answered.

Noah got perplexed. “Luke?” He looked at the caller ID in surprise, and put the receiver back to his ears. “How the hell did you get my number?”

“I have my ways ...” Luke smiled in pride.

“Luke ...” Noah’s stern voice made Luke cringe.

He replied, “Don’t get upset, please. I got it from Matt.”

“What?” Noah was angered. “I am going to kill him.”

“Actually ...” Luke trailed off, wondering whether he should say what he was going to say.

“Blurt it out now, whatever it is.”

Luke squirmed while he replied, “Matt doesn’t know. I managed to get your number from his cell phone this evening.”

Noah frowned, “This is not right, Luke.”

“But, you wouldn’t give me your number.” Luke reasoned, but knew better; what he did was indeed wrong.

“There are reasons why that was wrong Luke. Even such small things can make people question our relationship. Why don’t you understand?”

“I will be careful Noah. I promise. Please just don’t be mad at me. Please, Noah?” Luke pleaded.

The brunette exhaled into the phone. A smile appeared on his face when he said, “You know you should be grateful that I like you so much.”

Luke’s smile returned. “I am, and that was the reason I called you. I wanted to thank you.”

“For what?” Noah asked, walking into his kitchen.

“For giving me such a good grade on the history assignment... my God! I was so happy.”

“It’s your efforts that have paid off, Luke.” Noah said, while juggling with more than one item in his hands.

“Oh, but you guided me all the way and you ...” Luke was interrupted by his mom’s voice coming from downstairs asking him to come for dinner. “Um ... Noah I have to go. I will see you tomorrow then?”

“Sure.” Noah said and smiled. “See you tomorrow.”

“Love you. Bye.” Luke kissed the phone, the sound of which made Noah chuckle. When the call ended, Luke remained in his thoughts for a long time, even while he was preoccupied with other chores. He couldn’t help the silly grin when he thought of how adorkable he was.His addiction to Luke was growing stronger each day, and that made Noah anxious.

@@@

Tables were constantly filled for most of the day at Al’s. The turnaround was pretty fast, and people were in and out pretty quickly. But that exhausted the newly recruited Gust, and he had a pretty bad experience for today. Lots of people, and lots of stereotypical attitudes, and he was fed up with it all. Not that he didn’t have pleasant customers to serve; but the unpleasant ones were more than nasty for his liking.

Like right now; his present patrons were being impossible to satisfy. Gust wanted to scream at the old couple. But instead, he said, “Sir, if you haven’t decided yet, I can come back later.” He began to turn around, but the old man stopped him, catching him by his elbow.

“What’s the hurry, Garçon? Stay here!”

Gust sighed. ‘He asks me, what’s the hurry? The damn diner is filled with customers, and he asks me, what’s the hurry? And did he just call me a Garçon?? DUDE! I am not a kid.’ He clenched his teeth.

Another two minutes went by, before for the man and his wife decided what they wanted to order. They would argue about every dish one of them would choose, and that irritated the hell out of Gust. He rolled his eyes every time, waiting impatiently for them to place their orders.

“So Garçon ...” the man turned to Gust, and he could heave a sigh of relief finally. He took his pad and got ready to write down their orders. “Bring us two prune juices.”

“Two prune juices, alright.” Gust wrote it down and waited for the man to continue. “And?”

“That’s it.” The old man concluded with a smile, one that showed off the ugly wrinkles on his face.

Gust was flabbergasted. “Wait... that’s it?”

“That’s it.” The man shrugged, not able to understand their server’s reaction.

‘Seriously? He kept me waiting by the table for ten fucking minutes, to just order two glasses of juice?’ Gust clenched his jaw, trying hard to control his anger. “I will be back with your order in five.” He said, and almost stomped his feet when he walked away.

‘Senseless old farts’ He swore as he walked over to the next table. He just prayed there wouldn’t be another weirdo waiting to order.

“Hello. My name is Gust and I will be your server for the evening. I am guessing you already have decided what you would like to order?” Gust asked, watching the person who hid behind the menu, as if studying it intently.

“Hmm ... aren’t you on the menu?”

Gust forced a smile on his face. That lame pick-up line deserved an eye roll. He had been hit on by several people today. He was sick of the wacko guys and even girls asking him on a date. Gust didn’t get the point... the person must be pretty desperate to ask a waiter out. And here was another one of those unique pieces...

“No sir.” He politely said and asked again, “So, what would you like to have?”

“As I said,” the guy set the menu back on the table and exposed his face to Gust. “I would like to have you.” Joe said, with a delectable smile on his face.

Gust was stunned. “What are you doing here?” He gasped. He didn’t want Joe to know about his job at Al’s, because he knew that would lead to a series of questions. Like, why would he want to work, even when he didn’t have to ... and he was no way going to let him know that he was doing this, just so that he could look after Candes’ and the baby’s needs.

“Well, that should be my question actually, Mr. Cute Busboy!” Joe teased. “What are you doing here? Didn’t you say you had to go to Luke’s and study for tomorrow’s test, when you turned down my dinner invitation?”

“Ok fine, I lied.” Gust said turning red. “I just didn’t want you to find out that I was working as a waiter here after school.”

“And that is why ...?” Joe wondered.

“I really don’t know. I just thought you wouldn’t like it.”

“Of course I don’t like it. Look at you; you look so worn out. How many hours of sleep did you get last night?” Joe went off. “I bet you stay up late at night after you come home, to do school work, right?”

“I can’t help it.” Gust said helplessly, not being able to say more than that.

“Why can’t you?” Joe looked worried. “Why do you even have to work?”

Gust let out a huff and pointed at him while he said, “You see; that’s why I didn’t tell you. What am I, playing million dollar questions?”

“I am sorry.” Joe sat up straight in his seat. “I’m just concerned, is it bad?”

Now, Gust felt bad. Joe was such a great guy; he loved him and cared for him. But what has he given Joe, other than lies? Betrayal.

Gust reached for Joe’s cheeks and caressed them. He looked towards his manager and thought it would be okay if he had a quick chat with Joe. He sat opposite from Joe, and gave him a soft, assuring smile. “I know you’re concerned, and I like it that you care about me so much, but don’t push this matter too much, okay? I promise I will tell you everything; I really plan to. I am just not ready yet. It’s complicated and I need some time. When the right time comes, nothing will stop me.”

Joe was considerate enough to nod and think that whatever it was, it must be a helluva serious matter. He just felt sad that it was something that was bugging Gust so much inside. He took Gust’s hand and grasped it gently.

Gust covered their held hands with his other hand and gave a reassuring squeeze. “Remember Joe; you are important to me.”

That got Joe smiling again and he said, “Good to know. I feel honoured.” His chest swelled with pride.

“Dork!” Gust chuckled and stood up. “Shall I get you something?”

“Nah! I’m good.” Joe replied, “When are you done with your shift?”

“My shift ends at 8 PM. It usually runs until ten, but I asked my boss if I could leave early today. You know, the test tomorrow ...” Gust told.

“Hmm. At eight, huh?” Joe looked at his watch. “That means only another hour... good!”

“Yes ... why?” Gust furrowed his brows, mulling over Joe’s question.

“Nothing, you go finish up your last hour.”

“Okayyy...” Gust was suspicious, but didn’t say anything. Instead, he just stayed there waiting for Joe to explain.

But Joe didn’t say a thing. So he quietly left the table to attend to his next customer.(haha, he still has to put in the prune juice orders!)

@@@

Mercedes shut her eyes in utter annoyance when the sing-along began once again. This noise was disrupting her studies, and she slammed her book on the table with such force, with the hopes of getting Luke’s attention. But her blonde friend was rather busy; singing and swaying his body to the music screaming in his ear buds.

Luke had come to Mercedes’ place an hour earlier, so that they can “study” together. However, Luke found the music on her new Ipod more interesting. It was only Mercedes who had actually been trying to study, though barely, because Luke hadn’t missed a song on her playlist to sing to.

She looked at him with a deathly glare. When he didn’t seem to notice, she trailed to the bed and pulled out the ear plugs from his ears.

“Hey!” Luke grunted in complaint.

“Hey you!” Mercedes smirked. “I am trying to study here. So if you would please stop with your off-beat singing, I would be able to concentrate on my book!”

Luke’s mouth went agape as he gasped. “You are just jealous that I have a better voice than you.”

She threw her hands in the air and rolled her eyes, “The pigs sound better than you.”

Luke sighed dramatically. “People have no respect towards budding artists.” He said and put on a sad face.

“Whatever! Just keep your voice down, okay?” She warned. “And by the way, don’t you have to study for the test also? Or suddenly you became the master of history ... knowing all of it?” Mercedes narrowed her eyes with inkling.

“Yes I am an ace, Missy. Bow down in front of the great historian, Luciano Snyder.” Luke talked holding his nose above, and using an old English accent, later breaking into laughter.

But Mercedes didn’t find it funny. She crossed her arms over her chest. “This is not funny, Luke. You can’t afford to flunk this time.”

“Don’t worry. I know most of the things already, and I am in no mood to study right now.” He said giving a tired stretch to his body, yawning. “I guess I will go home. You get back to studying, dude.”

Mercedes giggled this time. She always laughed when Luke called her ‘dude’. “Alright, I hope you know what you are doing.”

“I do.” Luke got off from the bed and hugged her.

“I’ll see you tomorrow in school, okay?”

“Yeah, see ya!” Luke called, waving behind, as he opened the door and left.

@@@

Gust watched Joe out of the corner of his eyes. He was playing with the spoons laid down on the table. Like a child, he would make them dance on the flat surface, while clanging them against the glasses. It was so ridiculous to do this around a public place, but Joe didn’t seem to care a damn about it.

“I will get your order as soon as possible.” Gust nodded at his customers, giving them a smile as he turned around.

“Excuse me, Gust.” The manager of the diner pulled Gust to the side forcefully and said, “Your customer has probably been occupying that seat for almost an hour now, and look at that; he has only ordered just one drink so far.”

“Which one are you talking ...” Gust began to ask, but then realized who his boss was talking about, “Oh! Joe ...”

“Bingo!” The man sarcastically squealed and said “Now go to him and ask him to leave. If you won’t, I will ...”

“Actually, he is waiting for my shift to end.”

“Isn’t your shift almost over?”

“Yes, in about fifteen minutes.” Gust replied bobbing his head.

“Argh!” The manager was pissed when he had to dismiss a staff member that early. “You can go, but take him out of here. I can’t afford the occupancy of one table without receiving any income from it.”

‘Mr. Scrooge’ Gust sarcastically smiled to himself at his boss’ stingy attitude. But he didn’t care about that. He was done with his shift already, and he was happy.

He quickly went to the back room, changed into his own clothes, and hurried out by Joe’s table. Joe grinned ear to ear looking at Gust. “Hey, you ready to leave?”

“Yup. I am done. Let’s go.” He said and they both left the diner together. When they came out, Gust wondered aloud, “So you didn’t say, why did you wait for me so long at the diner?”

Joe shrugged. He hesitated at first but said, “So I could walk with you and we could spend some time together.”

“Oh!” Gust got quiet hearing that reply, and went deep into his thoughts.

“Yeah, I missed having some alone time with you outside school. And I know it wasn’t exactly spending time together at the diner, but I loved watching you work. I always love watching you do things.” Joe said, looking at Gust as he walked by his side. “And I don’t know if anyone told you this, but Al’s staff clothes look damn sexy on you.” He said sensuously.

Gust blushed at the compliment but didn’t say anything. They kept walking. Silence prevailed between them for a long time, when Joe suddenly spoke up, “Gust?”

“Yeah?” Gust gave a sideways glance, watching Joe struggle with what he wanted to say.

“Do you remember I told you that I really loved you?” He feared looking at Gust, and just assumed he must have nodded at that before he continued. “You should know that I meant it, but it kills me that you never said it back yet.” He gulped, looking down at the path they were walking on.

Gust stopped in his tracks and took hold of Joe’s hand, making him halt as well. “Joe, look at me.” But Joe didn’t turn to face him, so he pleaded this time. “Look at me, please Joe.”

This time Joe turned and looked into Gust’s shining emerald eyes.

“Joe, I am highly attracted to you and although slowly, I have been falling for you each day. You are a great guy, Joe. But love doesn’t happen just like that ... and you know what I have gone through; what my heart has gone through. It will take time to accept those feelings again.”

“But until then, what? Would we be just called the guys who are seeing each other for a month long now?”

“What do you mean?” Gust pondered.

Joe pursed his lips before he finally said it out loud, “I want us to take our relationship to the next level. I want us to be boyfriends. Will you be my boyfriend Gust?”

Gust was taken back with the sudden proposal. He didn’t expect this. His mind worked overtime thinking of various aspects of Joe’s question. The two different consciences fighting a war inside him, took over his nerves.

Finally deciding to go with his feelings, he pushed Joe against the nearby wall and gave him a long passionate kiss. Joe, getting confused, broke apart and looked questioningly at Gust.

Gust smiled in awe and said, “That’s a ‘yes’, silly. I would love to be called your ‘boyfriend’.”

Joe was on cloud nine hearing that, and hopped in happiness. He jumped onto Gust, continuing where they left off just seconds before –the kiss.

@@@

Matt had finished his late shift at Java, and waited for someone near Olde Town. He looked around the place and saw very few people around. That wasn’t unusual since it was around 9 PM.

A cold breeze blew across him making him shiver. Winter was right around the corner and it felt like it was going to snow. The temperature had fallen too much. Matt hugged himself tightly around his warm coat, looking at the end of the streets for someone to come.

‘Dammit!’ He swore, glimpsing at his watch. It was getting late, and this person he was waiting for, hadn’t showed up yet.

Finally, he saw a soul trailing by the sides of the road, slowly approaching him. The girl’s face was covered under her hood, which she removed when she got closer to him.

“Hello Candes. How are things?” He smirked, watching the tall girl standing in front of him.

“Why did you call me here, Matt?”

“Oh come on; I have to take care of you.” Matt laughed pointlessly, “After all, you are carrying my brother’s baby inside of you, right?”

Candes’ eyes widened and her jaw dropped. ‘How did he know? Did Gust tell him?’ she wondered, ‘No he won’t do that, but then ...’ She looked at him in astonishment, and didn’t like the evil grin forming on his face.

@@@

--- TBC ---

Please do leave a review and 'Like' this story if you are interested in reading it further.
Copyright © 2011 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Did i mention i hate Joe? -.-

Poor Gust!!!

 

And did i mention i love Noah? :)

I love the fact that he is scared about him and Luke.

 

Speaking of Luke, he is such a child! lol

 

And wtf at the last part!! O:

 

Keep it up! Can't wait to read more!! =)

Link to comment
On 01/03/2011 03:03 AM, AleMaho said:
Did i mention i hate Joe? -.-

Poor Gust!!!

 

And did i mention i love Noah? :)

I love the fact that he is scared about him and Luke.

 

Speaking of Luke, he is such a child! lol

 

And wtf at the last part!! O:

 

Keep it up! Can't wait to read more!! =)

You hate Joe? Why??? :huh:lol You might like Noah really, but let's see how long you like him :PThanks for reading ... Chapter 12 has another part coming actually, so just wait and watch :)
Link to comment

Matt and Candace is this a budding romance.  Noah & Luke not a good thing at least right now

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..