Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,081 Words
  • 3,988 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 100. Week Fifteen Tuesday, December 9, 2014: Locked Boxes

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

 

-Sally Kempton

 

***

 

Tommy came in to wake me up, but I was already awake. I told him I wouldn’t need him for a shower or shaving anymore, but thanked him for his heroic efforts to make my life a little easier these last weeks.

I texted Mike, figuring he’d probably get a chance to answer me sometime today. I only told him Alex and I would be in Syracuse on Saturday to shop and that it would be nice to meet him at that same mall if he could. Also, if he has a girlfriend, bring her too, since I’d be there with Alex. I also added there was something I wanted to discuss with him about Twoey. I figured that last part would seal the deal.

Walking to school with the gang was unbelievably therapeutic. Even though I slowed them down a bit, they were lively and seemed really happy to have me back. Sam tried to carry my backpack but I made him leave it on me. I had to get used to this thing now. I'd be stopping at the hospital after school tomorrow for rehab anyway.

In bio, I got a real nice greeting from Martin. He even gave me a small hug.

“Hey, by the way, David, do you know Ben Dolson?”

“Sure. I know Benny real well. We were in a few classes last year, but I know him mostly because he plays lacrosse with my buddy Gary. We met up all the time after the games. What’s up with Benny?”

“Well, he told me yesterday that he took Lanni Dorso on a couple dates over the weekend and now they’re going together. I remembered you took her to the Halloween Dance and I didn’t know what to make of what he said.”

“No, no, Martin, I was never going with Lanni. I was only pinch-hitting for Twoey, who was supposed to take her. That’s when he was in the hospital. Really? Benny and Lanni? I think they would be perfect for each other. They’re both a little shy, but Lanni has a devilish streak in her and Benny is one of the nicest, most regular guys I know.”

“Oh good. I was worried for a bit. So, you’re not going with anyone?”

“I am; with Alex Reich.”

“That’s Randy Foels’ friend, right? The girl he’s always with?”

“Yeah, but they weren’t going with each other.”

“Haha ...I knew that! Well, it’s good to have you back!”

I thought that was a weird exchange. Anyway, I handed in my back homework and only have to make up a few labs.

In math, I was greeted by Chuck, got a kiss from Terri and even a smile from Elcher, especially when he received my stack of homework. I was in my seat and it was just before the bell rang when I saw Erik and Twoey at the door. Twoey came rushing in to grab his seat and threw me a smile. Elcher bellowed, “Almost late again Mr. Messer! One more time and it’s detention.”

Holy fuck! What was going on with Twoey? Detention? I couldn’t even talk to him about it because Erik was at the door to collect him as soon as the bell rang to end the class. Does that fucker live in the hallway or something?

The gang plus Matty and Chuck, but minus, Twoey was at lunch. Matty gave me a big hug to welcome me back. Randy had me second guessing poor Matty now, but I tried to avoid giving off a strange vibe to him, and even hugged him back a little. Chuck and Matty are really cute and talk with their eyes a lot. They are having sex. I know it! Gary was talking about his upcoming first swim meet, Wednesday. I’m going to hit Kory’s after rehab and then wander back to school for the meet. I’ll get to watch how well Gary and Mel swim. A couple guys I knew, including Biggy, stopped by to asked how I was doing. It actually started to get a little embarrassing.

If I thought my reception was good in math, I was overwhelmed in Adv. Prep! Every single classmate came up to welcome me back. Of course, there was a nice kiss from Alex, but I expected that. I asked Randy if Thursday night after supper would be a good time to have our little talk. He said his schedule was clear that night. I only vaguely knew where he lived, so he gave me his address.

I decided to actually go to the weight room again Period 6. I figured Biggy would show me what I could do that wouldn’t compromise my mending bones. He gave me a big hug to welcome me back to ‘his’ room. As I was asking him about possible exercises, Jack Jacobs came in and rushed right over too. Biggy was afraid for me trying to stretch anything, so I told him I’d check with the rehab people tomorrow. I decided to sit and shoot the shit with them while they worked out. I found out that Biggy and Wendy were still going strong. That made me happy.

PhysEd was a loss too. I just sat on the side and watched guys play basketball. It’s when I noticed the text from Mike. He was looking forward to getting together Saturday and he has a girlfriend now. I was tickled to see it was indeed Maryellen O'Connell, the girl he was so nervous about, the first time we met in Syracuse. Saturday at 10:00 ought to be an interesting time.

Erik and Twoey are getting pretty obvious if you ask me. Alex was right. Pretty soon they aren’t going to have to come out because everybody’s already gonna know! I got a few smiles from Twoey, none from Erik and then they vanished upstairs to the wrestling room right after PhysEd.

Alex and Sam walked me home today. Sam asked me if I contacted Dr. Keating yet. Alex was suddenly all ears. Then Sam told her about my little breakdown yesterday.

Every fucking detail!

Jesus Sam, can’t you keep one secret?

So now I was going to have Alex bugging me to make an appointment! After he finished doing his damage, Sam smiled at me as he left us. He smiled! The fucker did that on purpose!

Naturally, she asked when I was going to call Dr. Keating. I told her that I would do it pretty soon. Then we discussed plans for shopping Saturday in Syracuse, but she kept looking at me like she thought I was going to become rabid and fall on the floor or something.

“The last time I was there with Mike, he was taking Maryellen out that same night for the first time. He was so shy and worried, but his buddy Alan thought Maryellen was crushing on Mike too. Well, now they are boyfriend and girlfriend! We’ll meet them at the mall up there and talk a little about Twoey. I figure, since he’s known Twoey all his life, maybe he’ll have some insight. We can split up and do some shopping. Maybe you can help Maryellen find something for Mike. While we shop, Mike and I can come up with a plan.”

Alex and I worked on homework and also made out a little until dinner time. This time, at least, it didn’t appear she was worried I would break.

“I’m sorry, but it’s time for dinner.” That was Tommy’s bashful interruption of one of our heavier lip-locks. He’s so precious. At dinner, I made an announcement.

“I won’t be home for dinner the next couple of nights. Tomorrow I’ll be eating at Kory’s because I’m going to attend the swim meet after rehab. I’ll probably eat out on Thursday too because I’m meeting with someone that night about a special project.”

Alex gave me a strange look, but said, “Why don’t you come home with me Thursday, do your homework at my house and have dinner with my family? Then you can go to your meeting.” She emphasized that last word with, idk ...suspicion?

But that actually worked out pretty well for me because she lives much closer to Randy that I do. I knew she would try to make me tell her about this ‘special project’ and find out where I was going. I knew I would have to be strong. What Randy and I were going to talk about was definitely off-limits for Alex.

Then the horror hit me. I was going to meet Alex’s parents for the very first time! But it wasn’t the real horror at the dinner table tonight. That happened when Alex made her little announcement.

“Mr. Megal, David is going to kill me for saying this, but he needs an appointment with his head doctor. Sam told me he had a big breakdown yesterday at his house. Don’t you think he already should have been getting counseling for what he went through?”

Ouch! She threw a dart right at my father!

He suddenly looked up at me, concerned. “What happened, David?”

“Oh, nothing really. With everything that happened, I guess I got a little emotional for a minute or two.”

Alex wasn’t done stabbing me.

“A little emotional? You collapsed. Sam and his mother had to put you on his bed. She was ready to call 911.”

Shit.

I caught a glimpse of Tommy, who had an agonizing look on his face. That alone made me mega-pissed-off at her.

Anyway, my father was apologetic and tried to claim so much had been going on that he never even thought about it. I’ll bet he was probably embarrassed his son was seeing a shrink in the first place, so didn’t want to deal with it again. I suppose I shouldn’t be mad at him. Every once in a while I probably don’t deal with stuff either.

But when he returned from driving Alex home, he told me he would call Dr. Keating tomorrow. Sigh

I can only guess at the conversation in that car.

I went to my room, still pissed-off. I really only had time for meditation OR Demian chapter 6. I figured meditation was long overdue, even though I was itchy to see what was in chapter 6. Shit! I won't be able to get to Demian until Friday! I’ll probably have to read chapter 5 all over again first. But Randy is involved somehow in my problem, and this was my last chance to meditate before I meet with him, so it had to be meditation tonight!

I needed several countdowns to even get near my healing place. All the adrenalin Alex had released into my body with her dinner detonation had to be tamed first. Finally, I was able to approach the windows that overlook the beautiful crashing ocean scene at the top of the stairway leading to my healing place. As I walked through the intricate door, Danny was waiting for me on a small sofa I had never seen before. I sat down next to him and just drank in the vision of my friend who was no longer on Earth with me.

Danny sat on my lap, then gently asked, “What do you know about Randy?”

“I only met him a couple of weeks ago. He’s a close friend of Alex, my girlfriend. He accidentally came out to me Saturday, so I know he likes boys. He told me he likes me but promised not to try anything with me. I’m going to talk to him Thursday night about Twoey and some of these confused feelings I've been having.”

“Are you in love with Alex?”

“I don’t know. I like her a lot, and we get along well, and she’s sexy as hell, and I know she wants to be intimate with me, but I don’t know if I love her. In fact, I know I don’t love her yet. But I’m thinking maybe I will grow to love her. I mean, what’s not to love?”

“No, David. The saying is, ‘what’s not to like’ not ‘what’s not to love.’ You know when you’re in love. There is a magnetic attraction between you and the person you love. You cannot control it.”

“A magnetic attraction?” I knew where I had used that term before.

“Yes, a feeling in the center of your gut. You can’t mistake it.”

That, of course, was familiar too. But this couldn’t be right.

“What should I do?”

“You have to be true to yourself. Maybe this is what you should talk to Randy about.”

Then Danny put his hands on my face and turned it toward his.

“This is very important David. This is the crux of your problem. You must be honest with yourself. I’ve been exploring your brain a bit and, well, take a look.”

He pointed to the screen which showed a scene similar to the inside of a safe-deposit vault at a bank.

“This is your brain. Inside each of those locked drawers is a problem that you’ve hidden instead of dealing with. The person you’re hiding them from is you. Everyone does this with a few issues, but look at the sheer size of your falseness. Falseness to yourself. The real David is the person who confronts these problems. The false David doesn’t. He just creates more little boxes. I’ve found locked doors and strong shields all over your brain. David, you are hiding from yourself. You must resolve this or the results will be catastrophic.”

A very worried look came over my friend.

“Get closer to Randy. Strengthen your bond. Don’t bail on Twoey. He’s in trouble. Strengthen your bond. Don’t underestimate Alex. Even if you break up with her, strengthen your bond. That’s what you have to do right now. That’s all you should be doing right now. You will have a complete breakdown if you don’t unlock these doors and lower those shields. I’ve always loved you and I will try to protect you. Please come here often. We’ll work your way out of this mess together.”

Then Danny spoke to me carefully and slowly, as one would to a child.

“I can’t emphasize this strongly enough. Your time is short! It is very short and your chances of not joining me are swiftly diminishing. You must act. Much as I love you, I want you to stay alive and enjoy a full life. Take it from me, it is horrible for your life to be cut short.”

He gently kissed me and then I was awake again. A prickly feeling rolled over my skin.

It was 11:00. I called Twoey but it went to VM. I called Alex and asked her to meet me at Kory’s for dinner tomorrow. I guess I need to talk to Alex. We did talk tonight for a while. Alex didn’t apologize for what she did to me at dinner, revealing my scene at Sam’s. Instead she was happy to learn my father would make an appointment for me.

I did not sleep well. I woke up and had trouble falling back asleep several times. At least I didn’t dream of fishes, but tomorrow, in school, I’m gonna feel like shit!

 

Twoey

I knew I needed to get over him. But his call last night was ...I don’t know, it just touched something inside me. He sounded so vulnerable and hurt. And he needed to hear my voice. What kind of sense can you make of that? Good God, all the stuff he had been through, and then his mother dead on top of it. And a breakdown at Sam’s house? But he wanted to hear my voice! I slept fitfully and woke early. I needed to tell Mom. I had a talk with her before Erik arrived. I told her about David’s call last night.

“Did you say he had shooting pains in his head?”

“Yes. He thought it was overload from all the stuff happening to him and with his mom being dead.”

“Did he tell you how she died?”

“No.”

“Shooting pains in the head aren’t so much a symptom of being overloaded, as they are of information trying to come out. Things his subconscious mind may be suppressing.”

“Could it also be just a headache?”

“Yes, but has he ever complained of migraines or any kind of headaches before?”

“No, never. In fact, he said this was the first time ever he had head pains.”

“Is he still seeing Dr. Keating?”

“I don’t know.”

“OK, I’ll check. Try to notice if he does anything unusual and let me know right away.”

“Unusual?”

“Like showing signs of anger, or fighting with his friends or even isolating himself. Those are all signs of serious depression and can be related to those sudden head pains. If you see anything like that, let me know right away. I mean RIGHT AWAY! Call, if you have to.”

“Jeez, really?”

“Yes, really.”

Erik arrived and I didn’t want to talk about David in front of him, so I changed the subject. Later, on our ride to school, I explained David would be back in school today. I suggested we have lunch at the gang’s table.

“You don’t want to do that today. Everyone is just going to be asking him about is injuries and stuff. You won’t even be able to talk to him. We’ll do it in a couple of days, after all the newness wears off. He’ll appreciate it more then, believe me.”

I wasn’t completely convinced, but he made some sense. It wasn’t worth a fight with my boyfriend to delay it for a day or two.

I did see him in math, but we didn’t get a chance to talk or anything.

Then in gym, David watched us play basketball but, after my shower, Erik hustled me upstairs to the wrestling gym pretty fast.

I would have preferred being with David a little on his first day back. Then tonight, I was going to leave my phone on, in case he called, but sometimes Erik checks by calling me back and I didn’t want to upset him. So I turned it off after Erik’s call.

Well, at least tomorrow is Wednesday, which will give me something to look forward to.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Alex may be an interfering busybody but I loved seeing her chastise David's dad for not making sure his son saw a counselor. Sam told her about David's breakdown to ensure exactly this outcome, including nagging David about getting help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sam so evil! Getting Alex on board to force David back into therapy was genius. Sometimes I wish we got to see more of David's dad, because I feel like I'm always missing something. It didn't matter as much before David's accident, but now... I mean, clearly his dad has a major avoidance issue considering all that's happened under his roof, but still...
God, it's a bit grating to see Twoey not quite getting how fucked up his relationship with Erik has become. One of your best friends is finally back in school? And you let your bf talk you into *not* being there to support him? God, he's so vulnerable and desperate for love... Oh well, it's an interesting ride anyway. I'm glad he at least brought his mother into the loop about David's head being on the verge of a meltdown.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I both liked and hated this chapter. It's like, I'm glad that characters are communicating to an extent, but sometimes it still kinda pisses me off. David's breakdown should have been communicated to his father for sure, but not like that and it shouldn't have been Sam blurting it all out in front of his domineering and nosy girlfriend. Perhaps the responsible adults might have had a conversation and David and his dad could have had a talk in private and decided an appointment was in order might have been better. Instead of Alex interfering and saying all this in front of his entire family. Oh well I guess it wouldn't have happened otherwise. Though I did appreciate Alex pointing out how freaking ridiculous David's father is. What the hell is wrong with that man?

 

Anyway Twoey becomes more and more ridiculous and blind every day. He isn't all all creeped out that Erik orders his phone turned off and calls to check as a test? He now is incapable of moving from point A to point B without Erik being glued to his side and controlling when he comes and goes? What's worse is that mom is totally blind to this. Twoey's mom was never like David's dad, and yet somehow she is now. Sigh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I have absolutely no problem with what Sam did--he knows David too well, and knows he'd have gone on alone if given the choice, so he made sure it would come out in the open. He may just have saved David's life, if not his sanity. For once, Alex cam in to be useful, rather than a nuisance. Now she needs to back off and let him figure out who he really is...for a supposedly intelligent person, she is ignoring the signs that he's not in love with her.
I have to agree that Ginny and Twoey are now entirely opposite to how they appeared at the beginning of this story, and it disappoints me--especially in Ginny. As for Twoey, I know he needs someone to love him, but to abandon David because his new bf says so--that should have been his first warning flag to get away from Eric, but he's turned into a mass of shapeless spineless goo just for sex. I thought he was better than that...now I'm not sure he's worth having by David. I feel sorry for his predicament, but he was the one who got himself into it by ignoring all the signs.
The part with Danny was a bit confusing, because at one point, it seemed he was saying the opposite of what his final words implied--can't remember where, but it was somewhere around the spot he said David had little time left?
Eager and yet reluctant to read the next one, SD...we'll have tons more Alex clouding David's mind, and another visit with Dr. Keating where David will likely hide all his problems. I can't believe he let David out of counselling in the state the boy's in...not very competent if he didn't recommend to Mr. Megal that more work was required.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So. Alex knows best, and David doesn't like that. Hard to blame him, however much he dislikes the idea of seeing Dr. Keating again. Danny in meditation sounds some pretty ominous warnings. Twoey's interaction with Erik seems pretty ominous, too. Maybe even Twoey will notice! Thank you for a very stimulating century-chapter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

100 chapters! A milestone! This story and everyone in it have come a long way since the beginning.

 

"I suppose I shouldn’t be mad at him. Every once in a while I probably don’t deal with stuff either." Hehe! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

 

If Dad's safety deposit boxes look anything like David's I suppose we might forgive him (somewhat) for avoiding his family's issues. But surely after all these years, and especially having married TWWUTLUHR and her crazy "church", he would have learned to step in for the sake of his family. But he seems to have done the opposite, and it's clear that his son would prefer to do likewise. Despite being the worst thing for his mental health, David would dearly love to avoid all the issues that make up his current life. Thank goodness for Danny! David seems to listen to him, at least.

 

And thank goodness for Sam and Alex, despite all previous misgivings about Alex, for forcing the Dr. Keating issue in front of the whole family! Sam obviously knew that this was the only path to getting David some professional help. And if Ginny contacts Dr. K as well, with what Twoey told her, this will surely trigger some urgent action from the two doctors. Hope so!

 

Can't wait to find out what surprises lurk in Syracuse. How Mike and Maryellen will shed light on Twoey's predicament I'm not sure, but this trip ought to be interesting. And it will fill in the time until David's meeting with Randy - two episodes away! I must be patient... thanks, Skinny! Another fine chapter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Go Sam! That's called being a friend.. Go Alex! Pushy is good sometimes. She forced David's dad into action. He should by all means been paying more attention to David and his family given all what happened and what he knows. All of this coming on the heels of Danny's death, he should have had the foresight to have David continue therapy.. But if we ignore it, it goes away seems to be his way.. At least now, thankfully the Dr is in play..

 

I guess with nothing to compare it to, Erik's actions look like love to Twoey. I'm disappointed that he won't defy Erik, yet saddened by how trapped he is within that relationship. It's hard to be mad at him, even though one would think he knew better.. I can't wait for him to realise how far he's let himself slip because of Erik.. The Syracruse gang might help, hopefully... At least he told Ginny about David..

 

Ok, David.... Shooting head pains, mental breakdowns, Danny's death warnings.. Not sitting well with me.. Theres a whole lot of talking going down at Kory's, so maybe that will be a starting point in the right direction. David doesn't need to join Danny...

 

Soooo, 100 chapters SkinnyD! 100!! .. And a great chapter it was.. Thanks so much for telling this story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/31/2016 02:42 PM, Timothy M. said:

Alex may be an interfering busybody but I loved seeing her chastise David's dad for not making sure his son saw a counselor. Sam told her about David's breakdown to ensure exactly this outcome, including nagging David about getting help.

Thanks Tim!

 

Yeah, Sam has David read pretty well. And it got the job done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/31/2016 02:49 PM, Lux Apollo said:

Sam so evil! Getting Alex on board to force David back into therapy was genius. Sometimes I wish we got to see more of David's dad, because I feel like I'm always missing something. It didn't matter as much before David's accident, but now... I mean, clearly his dad has a major avoidance issue considering all that's happened under his roof, but still...

God, it's a bit grating to see Twoey not quite getting how fucked up his relationship with Erik has become. One of your best friends is finally back in school? And you let your bf talk you into *not* being there to support him? God, he's so vulnerable and desperate for love... Oh well, it's an interesting ride anyway. I'm glad he at least brought his mother into the loop about David's head being on the verge of a meltdown.

Thanks Lux!

 

Sometimes Sam collects data and sometimes he acts. I think he knew simply urging David to see the Doc wasn't gonna work!

 

Twoey -- sigh -- what can I say?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/31/2016 03:11 PM, spikey582 said:

I both liked and hated this chapter. It's like, I'm glad that characters are communicating to an extent, but sometimes it still kinda pisses me off. David's breakdown should have been communicated to his father for sure, but not like that and it shouldn't have been Sam blurting it all out in front of his domineering and nosy girlfriend. Perhaps the responsible adults might have had a conversation and David and his dad could have had a talk in private and decided an appointment was in order might have been better. Instead of Alex interfering and saying all this in front of his entire family. Oh well I guess it wouldn't have happened otherwise. Though I did appreciate Alex pointing out how freaking ridiculous David's father is. What the hell is wrong with that man?

 

Anyway Twoey becomes more and more ridiculous and blind every day. He isn't all all creeped out that Erik orders his phone turned off and calls to check as a test? He now is incapable of moving from point A to point B without Erik being glued to his side and controlling when he comes and goes? What's worse is that mom is totally blind to this. Twoey's mom was never like David's dad, and yet somehow she is now. Sigh.

Thanks spikey!

 

You're right. Sam's mother should have contacted David's father. But Sam took matters into his own hands and did it the way he figured would get the results.

 

I agree about Twoey, but it's probably going to take a striking event to snap him out of his love haze.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/31/2016 08:09 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I have absolutely no problem with what Sam did--he knows David too well, and knows he'd have gone on alone if given the choice, so he made sure it would come out in the open. He may just have saved David's life, if not his sanity. For once, Alex cam in to be useful, rather than a nuisance. Now she needs to back off and let him figure out who he really is...for a supposedly intelligent person, she is ignoring the signs that he's not in love with her.

I have to agree that Ginny and Twoey are now entirely opposite to how they appeared at the beginning of this story, and it disappoints me--especially in Ginny. As for Twoey, I know he needs someone to love him, but to abandon David because his new bf says so--that should have been his first warning flag to get away from Eric, but he's turned into a mass of shapeless spineless goo just for sex. I thought he was better than that...now I'm not sure he's worth having by David. I feel sorry for his predicament, but he was the one who got himself into it by ignoring all the signs.

The part with Danny was a bit confusing, because at one point, it seemed he was saying the opposite of what his final words implied--can't remember where, but it was somewhere around the spot he said David had little time left?

Eager and yet reluctant to read the next one, SD...we'll have tons more Alex clouding David's mind, and another visit with Dr. Keating where David will likely hide all his problems. I can't believe he let David out of counselling in the state the boy's in...not very competent if he didn't recommend to Mr. Megal that more work was required.

Thanks CG!

 

Ginny does seem to be a little distracted. She has a book tour coming up, maybe that's it. (we haven't been told that yet.)

 

Danny has been warning David that time is running out and he wants to help his friend. He'll keep trying, but this is a big issue for David, so the jury is out on whether or not he will be successful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/31/2016 10:08 PM, Parker Owens said:

So. Alex knows best, and David doesn't like that. Hard to blame him, however much he dislikes the idea of seeing Dr. Keating again. Danny in meditation sounds some pretty ominous warnings. Twoey's interaction with Erik seems pretty ominous, too. Maybe even Twoey will notice! Thank you for a very stimulating century-chapter!

Thanks Parker!

 

Yeah, we thought we were done with all the ominousness when the curtain fell on the "Church of Everybody's Going to Hell." But, in different ways, both our little heroes are in deep trouble. Well, they have a whole 22 days to get it all worked out. Unless they fail.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/01/2016 07:18 AM, jess30519 said:

100 chapters! A milestone! This story and everyone in it have come a long way since the beginning.

 

"I suppose I shouldn’t be mad at him. Every once in a while I probably don’t deal with stuff either." Hehe! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

 

If Dad's safety deposit boxes look anything like David's I suppose we might forgive him (somewhat) for avoiding his family's issues. But surely after all these years, and especially having married TWWUTLUHR and her crazy "church", he would have learned to step in for the sake of his family. But he seems to have done the opposite, and it's clear that his son would prefer to do likewise. Despite being the worst thing for his mental health, David would dearly love to avoid all the issues that make up his current life. Thank goodness for Danny! David seems to listen to him, at least.

 

And thank goodness for Sam and Alex, despite all previous misgivings about Alex, for forcing the Dr. Keating issue in front of the whole family! Sam obviously knew that this was the only path to getting David some professional help. And if Ginny contacts Dr. K as well, with what Twoey told her, this will surely trigger some urgent action from the two doctors. Hope so!

 

Can't wait to find out what surprises lurk in Syracuse. How Mike and Maryellen will shed light on Twoey's predicament I'm not sure, but this trip ought to be interesting. And it will fill in the time until David's meeting with Randy - two episodes away! I must be patient... thanks, Skinny! Another fine chapter!

Thanks jess!

 

David and his dad. Maybe there was a clueless gene than got passed along?

 

I don't think Sam likes to meddle. Remember Danny and Sam talking when Gary and Nels were hatching their little plot to horsey-force David and Kathy together. But he must have realized how serious this was and so came up with one of his usual clever solutions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/03/2016 03:54 AM, Defiance19 said:

Go Sam! That's called being a friend.. Go Alex! Pushy is good sometimes. She forced David's dad into action. He should by all means been paying more attention to David and his family given all what happened and what he knows. All of this coming on the heels of Danny's death, he should have had the foresight to have David continue therapy.. But if we ignore it, it goes away seems to be his way.. At least now, thankfully the Dr is in play..

 

I guess with nothing to compare it to, Erik's actions look like love to Twoey. I'm disappointed that he won't defy Erik, yet saddened by how trapped he is within that relationship. It's hard to be mad at him, even though one would think he knew better.. I can't wait for him to realise how far he's let himself slip because of Erik.. The Syracruse gang might help, hopefully... At least he told Ginny about David..

 

Ok, David.... Shooting head pains, mental breakdowns, Danny's death warnings.. Not sitting well with me.. Theres a whole lot of talking going down at Kory's, so maybe that will be a starting point in the right direction. David doesn't need to join Danny...

 

Soooo, 100 chapters SkinnyD! 100!! .. And a great chapter it was.. Thanks so much for telling this story!

Thanks Def!

 

Sam takes his friendship with David seriously. That's for sure.

 

What will it take to snap Twoey out of this hypnotic love haze? Time? But then it will be too late for him. :(

 

And speaking of too late, the symptoms you pointed out put David right on the edge of 'too late.' Something better happen in Dr. K's office.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I totally agree with Spikey; Sam's mom should have called David's dad and told him what happened. But since she didn't, Sam knew if he told Alex something would get done. And it did. I'm looking forward to David's session with Dr. K. again. :)

 

Danny's warnings were very ominous, and the look inside David's cluttered brain might have been worse. All those unresolved issues packed up and stored in boxes on the shelves of David's subconscious. Scary. But, just like his dad, apparently.

 

I can't wait to read about is talk with Randy. :)

 

Erik is something else. He calls Twoey's phone just to make sure it's off? That is sick. He needs to see Doc Keating also.

 

I hope Ginny follows through and talks to Keating; she seems to be very worried about David, which is good because now there are quite a few people who are looking out for him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/04/2016 02:33 PM, Lisa said:

I totally agree with Spikey; Sam's mom should have called David's dad and told him what happened. But since she didn't, Sam knew if he told Alex something would get done. And it did. I'm looking forward to David's session with Dr. K. again. :)

 

Danny's warnings were very ominous, and the look inside David's cluttered brain might have been worse. All those unresolved issues packed up and stored in boxes on the shelves of David's subconscious. Scary. But, just like his dad, apparently.

 

I can't wait to read about is talk with Randy. :)

 

Erik is something else. He calls Twoey's phone just to make sure it's off? That is sick. He needs to see Doc Keating also.

 

I hope Ginny follows through and talks to Keating; she seems to be very worried about David, which is good because now there are quite a few people who are looking out for him.

Thanks, Lisa!

 

I guess Sam's mom is a little TOO laid back. Maybe she shares his fondness of smoking plants? Anyway, Sam was smart enough to tell the person who is NOT EVER laid back ...hehe.

 

Ginny does tell Keating, but it doesn't have the desired impact. :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..