Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,195 Words
  • 3,937 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 106. Week Sixteen Monday, December 15, 2014: Confessions

Let me confess that we two must be twain,

Although our undivided loves are one:

So shall those blots that do with me remain

Without thy help by me be borne alone.

In our two loves there is but one respect,

Though in our lives a separable spite,

Which though it alter not love's sole effect,

Yet doth it steal sweet hours from love's delight.

I may not evermore acknowledge thee,

Lest my bewailed guilt should do thee shame,

Nor thou with public kindness honour me,

Unless thou take that honour from thy name:

But do not so; I love thee in such sort

As, thou being mine, mine is thy good report.

 

Sonnet 36 - WS

 

***

 

I woke with thoughts of Donny in my dreams. I won’t filter my brain any longer. If it wants to think of a boy, I’ll let it. If it wants to think of a girl, I’ll let it. If it wants to think of a fucking Egyptian mummy, I’ll let it! It’s a lot nicer dreaming about Donny than Burch or his fishes anyway.

Dad was at breakfast this morning. He has usually already left by the time Tommy and I eat.

“David, I got a call from Grampa last night.”

“How’s he doing? I texted him a couple days ago.”

“He mentioned that. He was asking how you were doing, you know, after being back in school, and all. He figured you would honey-coat your feelings if he asked you directly.”

“Yeah, I probably would have. I don’t want to give him stuff to worry about. so, what did you tell him?”

“If you’re worried I told him anything about what happened at Sam’s, I didn’t. I know how you feel about anyone talking behind your back. I did tell him you were going to have a therapy session Tuesday. I figured that wouldn’t bother you, since he knows you’re in therapy. I think you should call him and tell him about the other stuff though, from your own not-honey-coated words, don’t you?”

“Yeah. Your probably right. I might as well wait until after my session tomorrow. I hope to have a better perspective by then.”

Tommy gave me a smile and rubbed his foot against mine. I had to chuckle to myself about the rub. He hadn’t done that since the woman who I refuse to think about anymore was who I used to think about all the time.

On the walk to school, I slipped myself up next to Gary, who always leads, for some odd reason.

“I thought I saw you across from the bus station on Saturday morning.”

“You did.”

“Did you get picked up by that Caddy?”

“Yep.” Gary was being guarded.

“Gonna tell me who it was? Your dealer?” I knew Gary never touched drugs and he knew I knew.

“Very funny. It was Mel’s father.”

“He rich?”

“He does OK, I guess.”

“So, gonna tell me why you were hanging out with daddy and not his daughter?”

“I was just doing him a little favor. You know, helping him out with some stuff.”

“Trying to stay on his good side?”

Gary smiled. “Well that, and to have him owe me a little. You know how the world works.”

“No. Explain it to me. How does the world work?”

“I think this is another one of those questions you don’t want to know the answer to.”

I threw my arm around his shoulder. “Then I’d better not ask.”

When I got to school, Donny was at my locker to help prop me while I sorted my books and folders.

“You don’t mind, do you?”

I smiled. “I could get used to this real easy!”

He blushed and smiled.

“So, what are you doing after school today?”

“The most difficult thing I’ve ever done. Telling the girl I love that I’m not in love with her, confessing my mental confusion, seeing her hurt and sad, probably getting a well-deserved slap and definitely becoming single. What are you up to?”

Hehe ...Nothing that heavy. I’ll probably do my homework and wait for you at Kory’s.”

“What?”

“I’ll bring first-aid supplies in case you’re bleeding. If not, you’ll need someone to lick your mental wounds.”

“I’ll probably want to be alone.”

“When you want to be alone is when you should never be alone. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“What if I don’t show up?”

“Then I’ll eat alone. You wouldn’t want me to do that, would you?”

Then he turned and left for the freshman floor as I headed for homeroom. On my way, I noticed Benny and Lanni walking a little ahead of me. He had his arm around her waist. I felt a warm feeling but also a little jealousy. Not jealous like I wanted her, but jealous that I had never felt like they did right then. That feeling of walking down the hall, absorbed in the person you love. I was beginning to doubt I ever would. And that, my friends, was a hopeless feeling.

When third period math rolled around, I got a wink from Twoey as he rushed in at the bell. Chuck passed a note up to me.

What the fuck is going on with Twoey?

I shrugged my shoulders.

On my way to our lunch table, I looked around and spotted Donny sitting at a table with a bunch of freshmen. We made eye contact and he waved. I nodded because both hands were full and then sat down with the gang – minus Twoey, of course. The talk was all about New Year’s Eve. Everyone was trying to make a party happen. I looked around, realizing every person was paired. Even Matty and Chuck, although they weren’t public. Even me, although I knew in a few hours, that wouldn’t be so. Who would I bring to this New Years Eve party? Probably the only person more outcast than me was Cal Jacobs. Maybe I would end up going with Cal. That showed me how fucked-up I was today.

I was working extra hard in the weight room, really forcing myself and working up a big sweat.

“Mad? Upset?” Biggy noticed.

“Yeah.”

“Wanna talk about it?”

“Nah. I’ll be OK.”

“If you’re sure.”

Biggy is one of the few people who is smart enough to understand when someone needs his space.

After sixth period, I stayed in shorts and tee while walking to the gym. After the class began, I went into the showers and took mine, then got into my street clothes and finished my homework while sitting in the bleachers. Matty came over a few times and Twoey smiled once, when Erik was looking the other way. I noticed he even checked first. I’ve been attempting to live in a ‘no more hate’ atmosphere, but Erik was rapidly slipping into my hate-zone. I fucking hate his guts.

Finally, the dreaded moment arrived. Randy and Alex met up with me at my locker. Donny stopped by too. I introduced him to them as a teammate of Gary’s. Randy gave him a wary look. WTF. Then, as we left him, Donny’s hand gently swiped my butt! WTF!

The walk to Randy’s was filled with small talk. They were clearly afraid to ask and I was certainly afraid to begin. After we arrived, I sat on Randy’s bed. Alex sat next to me and Randy rolled over in his computer chair. I took a deep breath.

“I’m not sure exactly where to begin. I feel false inside. I haven’t been honest with you, Alex. I haven’t been honest with Randy or Gary or really anyone I know. I haven’t even been completely honest with myself. I’m very confused and torn apart inside. If I can’t be true to myself, who can I be true to?”

I leaned over and gave Alex a gentle kiss. “I love you Alex, I really do.” She smiled at me. “I’ve been thinking about this for quite a while, and as much as I’m upset to admit it, I’m not sure I can be in love with you.” She looked baffled.

“Alex, these are the most difficult words I’ve ever had to put together. I am not sure of my sexual orientation. I hope you understand how tough that was for me to say. It is even tougher for me to believe. Thursday, Randy asked me if I were gay. I told him ‘I can’t be gay.’ I didn’t tell him I was gay and I didn’t tell him I wasn’t gay. I said, ‘I can’t be gay.’ He asked why I said it that way. The answer is, I don’t know. I have a therapy session tomorrow, thanks to you and Sam, and I think I need to put that statement right on the table as soon as I get in there.”

She asked, “What does that mean about us?”

“I’m sorry Alex. You don’t deserve this.”

She leaned over to give me a kiss, but I involuntarily shied away. She got a weird look on her face. I held her hands and said, “I know this is a lot to dump on you. Do what you have to, but I want to stay your friend. I really do love you.”

Then she gave me a smile. I continued.

“Well that’s some of what has been ripping me up inside. I’ve really been doing a lot of thinking, worrying and wrestling about it. Until I figure myself out, I guess anyone I know will have to take me or leave me the way I am.” I turned to Alex. “You know, I kissed Randy last Thursday.”

Now Alex had a shocked look on her face. “Randy? Do you love Randy now?”

“No. I’m sorry you had to endure that, Randy. I needed to see what I would feel if I kissed another boy.”

He looked resigned. “I was afraid I was only a test kiss. So what did you feel, kissing a boy.”

Before I could answer, Alex lightly slapped Randy on the shoulder. “You kissed David Thursday and never told me?”

Before he could answer, I interrupted their little friendly banter. “I’m sorry, Randy. I didn’t word that right. I wanted to see how kissing a different boy would affect me.”

Now they both stopped, starring at me wide-eyed. Randy said, “You mean I wasn’t the first boy you kissed?”

“No.”

“You’ve kissed Twoey, haven’t you.” Randy was one sharp cookie.

“Yes.”

“I knew it! I knew it! I was right all along!”

Now Alex looked baffled.

“I could tell in the hospital. You two are in love! I knew it! I knew it!”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I was too confused to know what to do about him. I still am. He chose Erik over me. I don’t blame him; he couldn’t get embroiled and frustrated with a mixed-up person, no matter what the attraction. I’m only upset it was Erik. I’ve always been mistrustful of Erik.”

Speaking of Erik, I brought Randy up to date on Mike’s suggestion that Erik might be trying to out Twoey to force him to be completely dependent, afraid to ever be alone or without Erik. Randy thought that was very plausible. It also fit in with the isolation of Twoey by shutting off his friends. I told him that Mike was going to invite them to Syracuse Saturday, to evaluate the situation for himself.

“You don’t think Erik is going to allow him to go, do you?”

“Well, that’s up to Mike to try to overcome. He’s got a few ideas on how to do that.”

After a few seconds to let everything sink in, I continued.

“I’m worried if we tried too hard it might push Twoey more into Erik by causing him to defend Erik. But I can’t just do nothing and watch this happen, especially with how I feel for Twoey. I’m going to have to work on something that might help switch on the light in Twoey’s head.”

That’s when Alex stunned me.

“We have to find a way to get Twoey and you back together, together for good.”

“I think I need to tidy my own house before I invite Twoey in. Hopefully, tomorrow’s session will help begin the process. That doesn’t mean I want to back-off on freeing Twoey from Erik though, not one bit.”

After that, we were sort of finished and I looked at Alex, not knowing what she would do or say. She looked at me. “We’d better get going.”

“Going?”

“To my house, for supper.”

“No, I can’t do that Alex.”

Randy spoke up.

“You can eat here. I’ll ask mom. We always have tons of food.”

“No. I can’t do that either.”

They both looked sort of sad as I left, alone, walking toward Kory’s, where I anticipated yet more confusion.

He looked up at me, revealing a worried face. “How was it?”

“I’m single.”

“Damage?”

“Lots.”

“Need to unload?”

“No.”

“You sure?”

I waved the waitress over, ordering a veggie-burger and Monster. Donny raised his eyebrows.

“Order, Donny. It’s on me. My account is fat.”

He ordered a veggie-burger and another Mountain Dew. After she left I looked at him.

“You know, that stuff will kill you.”

“Says the guy who drinks Monster with a veggie-burger. Why not just order diet soda if you want to absurdly fool yourself.”

“Says the guy who drinks Mountain Dew with a veggie-burger.”

“I’m addicted. It started years ago when I met an older kid in the playground. He got me hooked.”

I looked at him. He looked at me.

We both laughed.

“And so, David, where does this put us?”

“Do you mean personally, or being hooked?”

“Both. They’re the same thing to me.”

“I don’t want to lead you on. I’m still confused. Maybe after tomorrow’s therapy I’ll have more clarity. I think we should put everything on the shelf until then.”

Our food arrived. We didn’t say anything as we ate. I felt comfortable with Donny. I hadn’t really felt comfortable with anyone, in that way, since Twoey, in the hospital. In the back of my mind, I knew I still loved Twoey, in that way. I didn’t want to give Donny any false hope, but I also knew I needed him, in a way. I think I needed him for my sanity, which I was slowly beginning to doubt. Donny was a gentle embrace, touching and easing that doubt.

“Do you not want to see me again?”

“No, Donny. I do want to see you again. I just don’t want you to draw any conclusions. Can we be friends?”

“Friends, with benefits?”

“I’ve never experienced benefits before.”

“With boys.”

“With anyone.”

“Oh.” There was a long silence. “Look David, I don’t want to fuck you up, but if you ever want to try-out benefits with a boy, I’m willing to help. No strings attached.”

“Thanks. I’ll need to wait until after therapy to even think about your offer, but thanks. Friend to friend.”

“Friend to friend.”

Again, Donny put his hand over mine, on the table in Kory’s. I didn’t flinch. It felt warm and comforting. Donny’s gentle embrace, touching me once more.

And that’s how we left it, at Kory’s, with his hand over mine.

On my cold walk home, I certainly had a lot to think about. I was growing unsure Dr. Keating could help me. That didn’t mean I had lost my resolve to tell him everything. It’s just that everything had become so much more huge and complex. Even if I tried, could I ever remember the everything I needed to tell him? Would it fit into his fifty-minute hour? Would what I didn’t remember or get a chance to tell him affect how he regarded me? I knew the Burch and fish dreams were important. For sure, I knew disturbing fragments of his dream popping up when Donny pressed his body into mine was significant. But describing that experience would necessitate bringing up the confusion with my sexual orientation, which was sort of an ongoing issue from the previous sessions. Those had been focused on Twoey. That meant I needed to explain the whole Twoey-Randy-Donny sequence which, of course, would involve Alex’s story. Then I realized he didn’t know anything at all about by war with the pig-fucker. He didn’t know anything at all about his attempt to murder me; about my hospitalization. Fuck! I needed six hours just to give him the background to my problems. How could he really help me, even if he wanted to? I had thought things might be cleared up to a reasonable degree when I met with Donny again. Now I knew they were not going to be cleared up. They were not even going to be addressed! So here I was, walking home alone – really alone. No one could help me except for two people. Danny only threatened me with – what? Dr. Keating wouldn’t be able to help at all until he knew everything, which would probably not be in time for Danny’s looming deadline. My mind kept repeating the same thing over and over.

“You’re alone ... you’re alone... you’re alone...”

I felt as cold on the inside as I did on the outside.

 

Mike

I called Twoey at about 6, figuring he’d be home to eat. His phone went right to voicemail. Fuck! Just like David said. So next, I called their landline. Ginny answered.

“Hi Ginny, this is Mike from Syracuse. Is Twoey there?”

“No he’s not. He and Erik went out for pizza but will probably be back before 9. I’ll have him call you when he returns. Why didn’t you just call his cell?”

“Ginny, nobody can get through to his cell. Not for about a week or more!” She was surprised at hearing that. “Can you have him call me back when he gets home, while you watch, to make sure he does?”

She chuckled and agreed.

At about 9:30 Twoey called.

“Sorry Mike, Erik doesn’t like my phone on while we’re out anywhere. You know, it sometimes interrupts us ...hehe.”

I wondered if Erik turned his phone off too, but I didn’t say that. In fact, I ignored the whole thing, trying to remain upbeat.

“That’s OK. What I wanted to talk to you about was meeting me and Alan at the mall on Saturday. We want to meet this guy who swept you off your feet. He must be a pretty great guy for you to be into him so much! As an extra benefit, Alan and Erik can wander together for a little while and that’ll give you a chance to shop for your boyfriend without him being with you. Just you and me, like old times – It’ll be great!”

“That sounds fantastic. I’ll run it by Erik, and get back to you.”

Jeez ...I hoped this would work. And if the guy turns out to be creepy, Alan and I will just ‘off’ him right on the spot, and bury him out back ...hehe.

hr />

End of Part 4

Alex

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well! That was a lot to go on in one chapter. I'm amazed at how much you packed into one chapter, but without it being overly wordy. I always appreciate your ability to use your words sparingly and let us readers draw our own conclusions, based on what we remember and what you've selected to tell us. That's the power of your writing, to really give the reader a chance to figure everything out and not have to lead us through all the mundane points between the important bits. You really get your characters. On a certain level, you understand what motivates your characters and you really have made the characters into people we believe in and get lost in.

 

As for the chapter itself... Thank you for showing Alex at her best. The whole break up and confession could have been handled badly. Hormones are running wild at that age, and it sometimes leads even the best of us to say and do things that are in the heat of the moment. You made Alex understand and show an empathy that had been lacking from her in some chapters. The whole scene hit all the right notes and was completely believable. The only part that surprised me was Alex's willingness to try and put David and Twoey together. Its harder to believe that she would be so willing to throw away her own happiness like that, but it was a good look for her.
Donny worries me, he's trying too hard to hook up with David and it's only going to make things worse, I think. He obviously means well and he's thinking of what he wants. Nothing wrong with that. But David isn't ready for that, not right now and it was good for him to realize that in himself. Hopefully therapy on Tuesday will help fix David so he can save Twoey.
And at this point, it is saving him. Twoey is oblivious. I don't think he's ever going to realize how bad it's gotten with Erik until its too late. There's something about Erik and the way you've portrayed him that makes the hair on my neck stand on end. He's dangerous. He was when he first had sex with Twoey without preparing him or really making sure it's what he wanted, and nothing has shown me that he's become a better person since then. I really really hope that Mike is able to get some time with Twoey and start moving on getting Twoey out of there.

 

Well done, sir, I look forward to the next chapter, as always.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hmm. An interesting ending to Part 4. David has made some progress with himself, getting that stuff out into the open with Alex and breaking it off with her. It will be interesting to see future interactions with her and Randy. David is avoiding a conversation he should have once again - this time with Grandpa. And then Donny... I am glad that David was able to communicate that he is in a very confused place and isn't up for anything deep with Donny, not at present. I am also glad that David admits to himself that he still has those buried, dormant feelings for Twoey.

 

David realizes the enormity of what he has to talk about with Keating, but what is he going to focus on tomorrow? Will he give Keating a brief outline before they dive into something? The head pains would perhaps be a good place to start. Will Keating insist on some emergency sessions? Probably not; David doesn't seem like an immediate suicide risk. Though, in a mind as confused, conflicted and weighed down as David's, that can change in an instant when the dam breaks. The end of David's monologue is certainly troubling.

 

I am glad that Mike is smarter than David and Twoey's other friends and has pulled Ginny into the loop, even if just a little. They need some Mom power as backup, although how effective that would be remains to be seen. Twoey has pulled away from her so much. I guess we are finally going to start seeing the depth of Erik's true colours. I have a feeling most readers are having doubts that Erik will go along with a trip to Syracuse on the weekend. Mike's none-too-subtle threat to Erik is... well, I don't know how serious he is about it since we know so little about him. After discovering that Gary and his family - and now Mel's too? - have some not-so-legal involvements, I can't help but feel more trepidation. David's ignorance to Mel's family's wealth or whatever is just another sign of how little he seems to know about so many of his friends. Why did David and Gary become friends? Why can't David remember that? Why isn't he going to his sister for some more clues? So many questions, so many loose ends.

 

:D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This chapter has left me with a bittersweet taste, although my usual Pollyanna mode makes me see more positive than negative in how David is continuing to work his way towards the light at the end of the tunnel. With a few steps backwards, like putting off calling Grandpa and stalling Donny, he does seem to want to dismantle the walls that his subconscious has built up over the years.

 

Alex is so accepting of David's new reality that I think she must have had an inkling about David and Twoey 'way back in the hospital. After all, she is as smart and observant as Randy, and those two are close and must have talked about it at some point, even causally. At any rate, it is encouraging that she now vows to get D&T back together again! She is a force, and now it will be put to good purpose!

 

So the sweet part is that David has Randy, Alex, Tommy, Donny, Mike and others all in his corner, some of them about to get involved in helping him overcome this dark, troubling, debilitating part of his life, and this gives me hope. The bitter part is how David seems to be slipping back into depression again, as he walks home alone. Tomorrow's session with Dr. K. will be revealing, I think, and helpful, I hope! Thanks for another good one, Skinny, now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

There's a lot here, SD, and as usual not all of it is good.
I was surprised at Alex' reaction and offer to help get David and Twoey together--that didn't seem to fit her emotional character...but she already has one gay friend, so maybe she unconsciously knew the signs to look for? It's a shame that Randy got hurt, but he has a boyfriend in the scene if they can work it out.
I'm not sure Donny is as bad as others seem to think--he's willing to wait and see what the result of the therapy session will be, which is a good thing. I hope his wish to be friends if nothing else develops is genuine--David needs those in plenty.
I laughed at Mike's threat about Eric, but perhaps Gary could make it work? :P I think the trip to see Mike may happen, but it's probably going to be too late--Eric has his clutches so deep into Twoey that I think even an outright declaration of love from David might not bring Twoey around to sanity again. I'm glad Mike got Ginny clued in to how badly her son has been isolated by Eric, though she should have seen it herself. All the adults are pretty clueless about things normal people would notice, let alone trained professionals like her.
Well, as to the therapy session: I don't think it's going to do much good since David is throwing up so much irrelevant stuff rather than coming to the central issue of his dreamsof Burch and the fishes. Those are the key to all his confusion and assertions that he can't be gay--but Dr. Keating can only treat what he knows, and David is expert at hiding himself from the world and his own inner self.
More please....

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Alex is cool. Erik is scarier each chapter. Twoey is in trouble. Ginny is probably going to confront the couple and lay down some ground rules. I think David knows exactly what he wants and has no idea what to do about it. The shrink better be a miracle worker! I think the key players to create the right changes are Mike, Ginny, Alex, and even Danny.
I love how you make me check the site two or three times a day for a new chapter! LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hard to believe Alex is over. Alex took all that so much more calmly than I anticipated. No histrionics, no hurricanes or tidal waves. And her comment that they have to get David back with Twoey? Incredible. But at least it's done. But Gary is beginning to scare me. What's his game with questions that shouldn't be answered? And Twoey certainly seems happy with Erik, even if everyone else isn't. Maybe David should let Donny show him a few benefits, and help him forget Twoey, as Twoey certainly seems to have forgotten about David.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 06:11 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

Well! That was a lot to go on in one chapter. I'm amazed at how much you packed into one chapter, but without it being overly wordy. I always appreciate your ability to use your words sparingly and let us readers draw our own conclusions, based on what we remember and what you've selected to tell us. That's the power of your writing, to really give the reader a chance to figure everything out and not have to lead us through all the mundane points between the important bits. You really get your characters. On a certain level, you understand what motivates your characters and you really have made the characters into people we believe in and get lost in.

 

As for the chapter itself... Thank you for showing Alex at her best. The whole break up and confession could have been handled badly. Hormones are running wild at that age, and it sometimes leads even the best of us to say and do things that are in the heat of the moment. You made Alex understand and show an empathy that had been lacking from her in some chapters. The whole scene hit all the right notes and was completely believable. The only part that surprised me was Alex's willingness to try and put David and Twoey together. Its harder to believe that she would be so willing to throw away her own happiness like that, but it was a good look for her.

Donny worries me, he's trying too hard to hook up with David and it's only going to make things worse, I think. He obviously means well and he's thinking of what he wants. Nothing wrong with that. But David isn't ready for that, not right now and it was good for him to realize that in himself. Hopefully therapy on Tuesday will help fix David so he can save Twoey.

And at this point, it is saving him. Twoey is oblivious. I don't think he's ever going to realize how bad it's gotten with Erik until its too late. There's something about Erik and the way you've portrayed him that makes the hair on my neck stand on end. He's dangerous. He was when he first had sex with Twoey without preparing him or really making sure it's what he wanted, and nothing has shown me that he's become a better person since then. I really really hope that Mike is able to get some time with Twoey and start moving on getting Twoey out of there.

 

Well done, sir, I look forward to the next chapter, as always.

Thank you for the kind words and comments, Hunter!

 

I think Alex has been misread a bit. Perhaps some readers saw her as blocking David and Twoey coming together, and perhaps she did a bit. But David was in no way capable of a relationship with Twoey at that point, given what we know now.

Alex was certainly overcome with lust and it was also out of character for a very smart, very level-headed girl. Once the confessions began to roll, she was quick to size it up and realize there was zero chance with David. She got to hear him voice his inner confusion plus she has a gay brother and gay best friend. She loves David and there was really nothing else we could expect her to do but help him. It was all very logical.

Donny does want to help. Let's hope he knows how to do the right thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 06:29 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Hmm. An interesting ending to Part 4. David has made some progress with himself, getting that stuff out into the open with Alex and breaking it off with her. It will be interesting to see future interactions with her and Randy. David is avoiding a conversation he should have once again - this time with Grandpa. And then Donny... I am glad that David was able to communicate that he is in a very confused place and isn't up for anything deep with Donny, not at present. I am also glad that David admits to himself that he still has those buried, dormant feelings for Twoey.

 

David realizes the enormity of what he has to talk about with Keating, but what is he going to focus on tomorrow? Will he give Keating a brief outline before they dive into something? The head pains would perhaps be a good place to start. Will Keating insist on some emergency sessions? Probably not; David doesn't seem like an immediate suicide risk. Though, in a mind as confused, conflicted and weighed down as David's, that can change in an instant when the dam breaks. The end of David's monologue is certainly troubling.

 

I am glad that Mike is smarter than David and Twoey's other friends and has pulled Ginny into the loop, even if just a little. They need some Mom power as backup, although how effective that would be remains to be seen. Twoey has pulled away from her so much. I guess we are finally going to start seeing the depth of Erik's true colours. I have a feeling most readers are having doubts that Erik will go along with a trip to Syracuse on the weekend. Mike's none-too-subtle threat to Erik is... well, I don't know how serious he is about it since we know so little about him. After discovering that Gary and his family - and now Mel's too? - have some not-so-legal involvements, I can't help but feel more trepidation. David's ignorance to Mel's family's wealth or whatever is just another sign of how little he seems to know about so many of his friends. Why did David and Gary become friends? Why can't David remember that? Why isn't he going to his sister for some more clues? So many questions, so many loose ends.

 

:D

Thanks so much, lux!

 

You're correct to see that David is in a very delicate spot, mentally, right now. And, as we'll soon see, it will get him off to a rocky start with Dr. Keating.

 

As far as Mike is concerned, with his background and how he hurt the best friend he could ever have, You know he's going to be all over this problem and is never going to let up or allow that friend to be hurt again, if he can help it.

 

Mel's father ...probably too early for conjecture. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 07:42 AM, jess30519 said:

This chapter has left me with a bittersweet taste, although my usual Pollyanna mode makes me see more positive than negative in how David is continuing to work his way towards the light at the end of the tunnel. With a few steps backwards, like putting off calling Grandpa and stalling Donny, he does seem to want to dismantle the walls that his subconscious has built up over the years.

 

Alex is so accepting of David's new reality that I think she must have had an inkling about David and Twoey 'way back in the hospital. After all, she is as smart and observant as Randy, and those two are close and must have talked about it at some point, even causally. At any rate, it is encouraging that she now vows to get D&T back together again! She is a force, and now it will be put to good purpose!

 

So the sweet part is that David has Randy, Alex, Tommy, Donny, Mike and others all in his corner, some of them about to get involved in helping him overcome this dark, troubling, debilitating part of his life, and this gives me hope. The bitter part is how David seems to be slipping back into depression again, as he walks home alone. Tomorrow's session with Dr. K. will be revealing, I think, and helpful, I hope! Thanks for another good one, Skinny, now I'm really looking forward to the next episode!

Thanks for your great (even if Pollyanna) comments Jess!

 

Alex can be a force, that's for sure. So that could be good news.

 

Tomorrow's talk with Dr. K. will be more revealing than what's discussed, if we pay attention. ;)

 

David is never going to be able to keep from slipping into his sad mode until the cause is rooted out. And he doesn't have much time left. 122-106=16. Yikes!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 07:58 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

There's a lot here, SD, and as usual not all of it is good.

I was surprised at Alex' reaction and offer to help get David and Twoey together--that didn't seem to fit her emotional character...but she already has one gay friend, so maybe she unconsciously knew the signs to look for? It's a shame that Randy got hurt, but he has a boyfriend in the scene if they can work it out.

I'm not sure Donny is as bad as others seem to think--he's willing to wait and see what the result of the therapy session will be, which is a good thing. I hope his wish to be friends if nothing else develops is genuine--David needs those in plenty.

I laughed at Mike's threat about Eric, but perhaps Gary could make it work? :P I think the trip to see Mike may happen, but it's probably going to be too late--Eric has his clutches so deep into Twoey that I think even an outright declaration of love from David might not bring Twoey around to sanity again. I'm glad Mike got Ginny clued in to how badly her son has been isolated by Eric, though she should have seen it herself. All the adults are pretty clueless about things normal people would notice, let alone trained professionals like her.

Well, as to the therapy session: I don't think it's going to do much good since David is throwing up so much irrelevant stuff rather than coming to the central issue of his dreamsof Burch and the fishes. Those are the key to all his confusion and assertions that he can't be gay--but Dr. Keating can only treat what he knows, and David is expert at hiding himself from the world and his own inner self.

More please....

Thanks for the comments, CG!

 

We won't see Alex much more (you're welcome) but when we do, we'll be glad she is the way she is. Really.

 

Speaking of forces, you will be happy to see a force at work when Mike engages the gears. You already noticed how he was the only one to let Ginny in on what she couldn't possibly have known.

 

As for the adults, it's pretty normal for them to be oblivious to what their kids do. Except for the soccer moms of suburbia, they have their own problems to wrestle with and their kids rarely, if ever, share anything with 'the enemy.'

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 09:52 AM, FlyOnTheWall said:

Alex is cool. Erik is scarier each chapter. Twoey is in trouble. Ginny is probably going to confront the couple and lay down some ground rules. I think David knows exactly what he wants and has no idea what to do about it. The shrink better be a miracle worker! I think the key players to create the right changes are Mike, Ginny, Alex, and even Danny.

I love how you make me check the site two or three times a day for a new chapter! LOL

Thanks for your great comments, Geoff!

 

The shrink better be a miracle worker -- lol!

Wait until we find out he only has 4 days to work his miracles. :o

 

You left out Donny and Mel's Dad. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/22/2016 12:17 PM, Parker Owens said:

Hard to believe Alex is over. Alex took all that so much more calmly than I anticipated. No histrionics, no hurricanes or tidal waves. And her comment that they have to get David back with Twoey? Incredible. But at least it's done. But Gary is beginning to scare me. What's his game with questions that shouldn't be answered? And Twoey certainly seems happy with Erik, even if everyone else isn't. Maybe David should let Donny show him a few benefits, and help him forget Twoey, as Twoey certainly seems to have forgotten about David.

Thanks so much, Parker!

 

Alex is basically gone until we need her. :) But we always knew she was level-headed and very, very smart. She analyzed the situation quickly, diagnosed David quickly and did the only logical thing she could do to help the boy she still has deep feelings for. We should probably excuse her for her over-the-topness and write it off to her age and hormones or whatever. :)

 

Don't you worry one little bit about Donny and benefits. He seems to be winning the race with Matty, all with a hand and leg tied behind his back! :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I expected Alex to be a bit more reactive. I was pleasantly surprised. And she wants to help David with Twoey. But we have David making plans with Donny.. If Twoey isn't careful he'll be left out.. I kid.

 

Ive never been more anxious for David to see the Doc.

 

Also, high five Mike. He called the house and spoke to Ginny. Glad he did, but is that enough to get Ginny to look more closely at Twoey with Erik..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/28/2016 10:47 AM, Defiance19 said:

I expected Alex to be a bit more reactive. I was pleasantly surprised. And she wants to help David with Twoey. But we have David making plans with Donny.. If Twoey isn't careful he'll be left out.. I kid.

 

Ive never been more anxious for David to see the Doc.

 

Also, high five Mike. He called the house and spoke to Ginny. Glad he did, but is that enough to get Ginny to look more closely at Twoey with Erik..

Thanks Def!

 

There's more to Alex than we've been allowed to see ...hehe. :P

 

As we'll see, Alex isn't the only force around. Mike isn't going to let his friend suffer again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with Lux; David's thoughts at the end of the chapter when he was walking home were very sad, like when he was at the lake before Donny came along. David has so much to talk to Doc K about, it's only natural he feels overwhelmed by where to even start. He's so right by thinking it's going to take days and days to tell him everything that's been going on. I do think he needs to start with PPF and TWWSFRN, then segue into Burch. He needs to get to the bottom of Burch and the fishes.

 

Along with everyone else, I was also surprised how Alex took the news of David's confession and subsequent break up. She was very mature and level headed, so kudos to her. I felt badly for Randy, but he knew he was only a test kiss. :)

 

Donny's sweet, and he's trying to be helpful, but I think he needs to back off a little bit. David isn't ready for any type of relationship besides friendship -- with NO benefits! lol He has enough on his plate right now.

 

I doubt Erik is going to "let" Twoey go up to Syracuse. I wonder what Mike will do. I'm glad Mike told Ginny no one can ever get in touch with Twoey. Hasn't SHE ever tried to call or text him when he's with Erik? It just sounds odd that she wouldn't know.

 

Ok, on to Doc K...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/11/2016 01:53 PM, Lisa said:

I agree with Lux; David's thoughts at the end of the chapter when he was walking home were very sad, like when he was at the lake before Donny came along. David has so much to talk to Doc K about, it's only natural he feels overwhelmed by where to even start. He's so right by thinking it's going to take days and days to tell him everything that's been going on. I do think he needs to start with PPF and TWWSFRN, then segue into Burch. He needs to get to the bottom of Burch and the fishes.

 

Along with everyone else, I was also surprised how Alex took the news of David's confession and subsequent break up. She was very mature and level headed, so kudos to her. I felt badly for Randy, but he knew he was only a test kiss. :)

 

Donny's sweet, and he's trying to be helpful, but I think he needs to back off a little bit. David isn't ready for any type of relationship besides friendship -- with NO benefits! lol He has enough on his plate right now.

 

I doubt Erik is going to "let" Twoey go up to Syracuse. I wonder what Mike will do. I'm glad Mike told Ginny no one can ever get in touch with Twoey. Hasn't SHE ever tried to call or text him when he's with Erik? It just sounds odd that she wouldn't know.

 

Ok, on to Doc K...

Thanks, Lisa!

 

David is SO ready to unburden himself with Keating, but the session won't be as he had hoped. More trouble ahead for our vulnerable little hero. And then it will get worse.

 

Alex got a reality check. Luckily she has a gay brother who has gone through a struggle, himself. That might have helped her see the futility of being 'Mrs.' David. She will become a strong, though hurt, ally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..