Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,956 Words
  • 4,712 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 11. Week Two Thursday September 11, 2014: Visit to David's Room

“Tell me a little about Danny. You know, what he's into besides gymnastics, family, brothers, sisters, what group of kids does he hang with ...I mean I never see him around school except at lunch.” Twoey was chattering with us on our run.

“Danny's father is some military officer. Army. David and I only met him once, a couple years ago when we were at Danny's house and his dad came home unexpectedly. He wasn't happy we were there; he let us know, and we've never been back. Danny has an older brother Carl, way older, who is also in the military. I don't know which branch. What I do know is that everything is strict and ‘by-the-book’ at that house.”

I remembered Danny with bruises every once in a while when he was a younger kid, but I've never seen any since then. I'm guessing he learned the rules real quick rather than his father easing up. I just remember his mother seemed cowed by the father's presence. I didn't know if he ever hit her, but it wouldn't have surprised me. Gary and I never talked about it after that, by mutual understanding. I told you that he and I didn't always have to talk to communicate with one another.

And as I said before, we didn’t see Danny much except at school or when the gang got together. Sam told me that Danny didn’t spend too much time at home either--I don’t blame him. Sam only lives a couple houses away and said Danny goes out a lot. I guess his parents must often go to military functions or something because Danny told me he hangs out at Kory’s when they do. Although it was strange I never saw him there, but I’m not usually there later than suppertime, so that was when he must go.

Gary continued with a sanitized version of a controlling father and lots of strictness and more lots of rules. Twoey didn't look happy. Hell, I wasn't happy. I would probably take Tommy's crazy mother over Danny's father any day. At least I could work around her. Anyway ...that was his morning’s education!

Good news. I found out before I left for school that Dad and Tommy's mother were taking us to Syracuse on Saturday for the promised shopping. YAY! Tommy's going too, of course, but Liz isn't. She'll probably be screwing Greg all afternoon. I knew I'd have a certain dollar limit, so I'll hafta be careful how I spend money at the good stores--they are very expensive. I won't be able to get a lot. I'll need to review my current decent clothes and make sure the new stuff complements them. And just as a backup, I might text Grampa for a little reserve ...hehe.

We had an extra long homeroom today while they showed 9/11 stuff on TV. I mean, I know it was tragic and awful, but I was like one year old when it happened. That was a long time ago. It has no impact on my life, at all! It was a history lesson like “Remember the Maine” and I was probably the only kid in the whole damn school who even knew what that meant!!

In Math, Kathy told me her spies had news and she'd tell me tonight on the phone. I couldn't wait to find out who this girl savior of mine was!! Terri still looked bummed.

“You and Ron not made up yet?”

sigh--"No.”

I squeezed her hand. “It’s gonna be all right Terri. Really. Let me know if he’s still grumpy tomorrow and I’ll mess him up.” Yeah, right! But at least it got her to smile, which was my intention. Twoey was watching me squeeze her hand. I hoped he didn’t get the wrong idea. I would never move in on a relationship. Ever! ...Oh wait, I already sorta did that, didn’t I. But it wasn't the same. First, Kathy and Cal had already broken up. And second, I’m not going with her!

At lunch, with our new tablemates present, I decided to have a little fun.

“Hey Sam, why don't you join the wrestling team this year? I think they're looking for recruits.” I couldn't resist it. It was just a shot across the bow to let those guys know I knew what they were up to.

Well, that brought about fifteen minutes of the funniest, cleverest shit I think Sam has ever come up with. It was really great for me because the Twoey-Matty touchy-feely show was totally put on hold and I was actually able to eat my whole lunch. I gotta do this more often!

As I expected, in social Mr. Burch turned the whole period into 9/11 remembrance. Which was fine with me, except it had no relevance to the unit we're supposed to be covering. The poor kids who didn't do independent research were gonna be up shit's creek come test time!

Also, as I expected, he segued from 9/11 into a justification of the Iraq invasion and subsequent quagmire. Talk about non-sequitor. I didn't interfere with his propaganda though ...honest, even though he checked me out a few times. Was he baiting me? I was starting to get a little suspicious.

I think we’re at war, so I’d better be clever enough to pick my own battles!

Well, the lunchroom diversion didn't stop Matty from being physically friendly with me during gym, as we went through more calisthenics routines. Of course, some people are just naturally touchy talkers and explainers. Danny’s one of them. Just because I’m not, I probably shouldn’t object. I guess everyone was entitled to be who they were. I suppose I could live with that. There was no real harm done. As Grampa is fond of saying, “Nobody died.”

Twoey and Erik were back in the stands today watching practice. They were getting to be friends, I guess. Well good for Twoey. He needs friends. I just hoped Erik wasn’t only all about the wrestling team recruitment. Twoey needed real friends who were going to stick with him.

Our first race is tomorrow ...after school ...away. So that meant about a 45 minute bus ride each way and then not getting home until after dark. I was complaining about that as we walked home after practice when I made an impulsive decision. I didn’t know what it was, just something spontaneous, I guess ...but when we got to my house, I asked Twoey if he wanted to hang out for a bit. It was about 4:30 and we never ate until 5:30 or 6. He gave me a odd look, but agreed. Tommy was in the living room watching TV, so I introduced them. Then I--grimace--introduced him to Tommy’s mother. I explained he had just moved here from Syracuse, and then tried to save him from any further interrogation by saying we only had a few minutes to check out some math, and then sorta pushed him up to my room.

He was chuckling about that as he sat on my bed; I took the chair.

“Look Twoey, I can’t get it out of my head. I feel bad about last week. I’m not ever like that. Here, let me put something on while we talk.” Checking my iPod, I found the new Gorgon City Unmissable single they just released with Zak Abel. They’ve been slowly releasing all the singles for the album Sirens supposedly out later this fall. It made a good setting for our little talk, and Twoey seemed to like it.

“It’s OK David, you said you were under some kind of stress. I know a something about that. You can behave a little differently under stress. I saw that happen to a very close friend of mine.”

“Oh? Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not really. I don’t even want to think about it. But unfortunately, I do. It’ll just take time.”

“Are you sure?”

“I know I’ll eventually tell you. Right now it’s just too raw. I’m sure you understand.” Of course, Sam sorta let me in on all this and I could see how hurt Twoey had been.

I reached over and put my hand on his shoulder, “Hey Twoey ...any time you want to talk, I’m a good listener. I don’t judge people either. Well, except for Enos Johnson.”

Twoey gave me a curious look, so I explained. “That’s the pastor of Tommy’s mother’s church that I’m forced to attend. He freaks me out. Totally.”

“Oh, hehe yeah, you were mentioning him Sunday during our run.”

“Don’t get me started on him! Let’s change the subject. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I mean, I know not here, but maybe older, you know ...not living at home.”

“Nope, I guess my parents only had sex once.” He chuckled.

“Well I’ve got a sister Liz whose a senior and you met Tommy of course. He’s in 8th grade. He’ll be a freshman next year. God, the high school will probably never recover.” I chuckled.

“He seems like a together kind of kid, though.”

“Twoey, he’s the best younger brother a guy could have. I love him to pieces. You want to hear something funny? He always watches out for me, like he’s the older brother. And you know what? I can’t ever remember us raising our voices at one another. We never fight. I can’t even imagine what we’d fight about!”

“Sometimes I miss not having a sibling. Sometimes it’s lonely ...especially when your mom is a damn psychologist! If you want to talk to her about serious stuff, she starts to analyze you.”

“Well ...don’t forget, I’m here for ya if you need to unload, and I don’t even know how to psychoanalyze, or spell it. Now, is it OK if I unload a little on you right now?”

“Why don’t you lie down here on the bed. I’ll sit in the chair and take out a notepad.” That made us both laugh.

I liked Twoey, I really did.

“Well, it’s not truly that serious a problem. It’s just this Kathy thing. Her brother only asked me to be a friend and help her over the cheating shit. But Gary is turning this into a romance and while I like her a lot, I don’t like Kathy in that way. I’m gonna have to do something about it, but I don’t want to piss off Gary. I’ll bet this is all Mel’s doing anyway. And don’t get me wrong, I like Mel! I like her a lot! I just can’t understand why they’re meddling in my personal affairs! It’s simply not like Gary to do this and it doesn’t make any sense.”

“Well if you want my gut feeling, I don’t think you should lead her on.”

“Of course not, but I’m really not leading her on. Everybody else is creating this thing. What’s worse, I’ve got to go to the movies with Kathy, Gary and Mel on Saturday. So that means I’ll have to wait until next week sometime and have that little talk with her to clear this all up.”

“I don’t think you should even wait that long. Maybe you shouldn’t go to the movies.”

“No, I made a commitment and I won’t go back on it. But that’s it. It’ll be the last thing I ever do with her. Anyway, there’s another girl I sorta have my eye on and would like to get to know a little better.”

Twoey perked up. “Oh? And who might that be?”

“Sorry. I can’t tell you while this stuff is still going on with Kathy. You understand.”

Twoey leaned a little bit toward me and hit me with those fucking intense green eyes again. “I do. And wow, that’s pretty decent. You’re an unusual guy.”

“Ha! Unusually mixed-up! But thanks for the complement. I don’t get them very often. Now I have a few days to figure out how I’m supposed to word a breaking up speech with someone I’m not even going with.”

We both laughed at that, and then he asked me the weirdest question. “How long have you known Matty?”

“Matty from gym?”

“Yeah, your partner.”

“Well, this is a small town, so I’ve sorta known him for years, but we never actually were friends, so I really don’t know Matty at all, except in gym. He’s been explaining how muscles and exercises work together, so I appreciate the interest he seems to be taking. But I know his little secret.”

Twoey looked startled. “You DO?”

“Well it’s not exactly such a big secret if you just put two and two together.”

Suddenly Twoey seemed cautious. “Really?”

“Well sure, don’t you feel it from Erik?”

WHAT???”

He was really getting worked up for some odd reason, so I tried to be calm when I explained. “It’s the wrestling team. They’re recruiting us. That’s why these little gym pairings. The gym teacher is the wrestling coach. Erik has to be feeling you out, right?”

Suddenly Twoey exhaled. “Oh ...hehe yeah. He has mentioned that.”

“Sure, that’s why I sicced Sam on them at the lunch table, to let them know I had them all figured out.”

“Oh ...so that was what that was all about!”

“Yeah, I know how Sam feels about school sports, so I figured it would at least be interesting, and it sure was!”

Twoey laughed and agreed, then got up to go, it was getting late. But not too late for him to take about five minutes of his time to talk with Tommy before he left.

“Your friend’s a interesting guy!”

“Yes he is.”

“Is that his real name?”

“No, it’s Michael, and I don’t know why he has such a weird nickname. He hasn’t told me yet.”

“How do you feel toward him?”

“What?”

“How do you feel toward him?”

“I heard you Tommy, I just didn’t understand what you meant.”

“Well, is he a friend like Gary, or just a friend?”

“There is no friend like Gary.”

“OK”

Then we sat down to another dinner I couldn’t eat.

Now for the SPY NEWS update. During our now nightly phone call--groan--Kathy told me that one of her friends saw Twoey get into a car with Erik yesterday after school, and they left together. So that's why he wasn't at my practice. Matty said Erik had a license because he’s older than 15. Which, again, didn’t make sense. He’d been in all my grades since Kindergarten. I'd have to check up on that. But Kathy was going to see if maybe Erik had a sister or whatever. That would make her the mystery girl!

Something was definitely not adding up!

 

Twoey

This morning I found out a little about Danny's family life, and it didn't sound good. I could tell Gary wasn't telling me everything, so reading between the lines, I could sorta see that getting with Danny wasn't gonna be so easy. But I think I wanted to try. He was just too scrumptious to ignore.

If David wasn't straight I don't think he would have a problem getting with Danny though. Danny was draped all over him on the walk to school--again.

In math, David was trying to cheer-up Terri and squeezed her hand. I think he gave her an orgasm. Kathy noticed the squeeze too and it wasn't a happy look on her face. I was sure he wasn't hitting on Terri, but I don't think he understood how incredible he was, and the effect he had.

The funniest thing happened at lunch. I think I'm starting to understand the quirky sense of humor Blondie has! Knowing we had two wrestlers at the lunch table, David asked SAM, of all people, why didn't he go out for wrestling this year! HA! That set Sam off for most of the lunch period about school sports and wrestling in particular. Nothing mean, but hilariously funny! Even Erik and Matty couldn't stop from laughing. Everyone was smiling after that. I told you I liked Sam, but it was David who just knew what buttons to push and what was going to happen when he did. And guess what? He hardly laughed, just munched away at his lunch! Later I found out specifically why he did it.

During our little Cross Country practice workout, Erik and I only kissed and jerked each other off. It was a little too cool out to be removing clothes today. And tomorrow will be a race, so there won't be practice. No excuse for me to be in the stands to ‘do homework’ and no car for Erik, so I guess it'll be a lonely walk home for me.

Then, after school, David actually asked me into his house for a few minutes. I met his brother and Mother. He apologized again for last week as we talked. That’s when he gave me the fright of my gay life! I thought he had me and Erik and Matty all figured out! I almost pissed my pants, although it turned out he was talking about the wrestlers trying to recruit us. But it was little uncomfortable for a while, I’ll confess to that! The rest of our conversation, I’ve gotta tell you, were deeper topics than I’d ever explored with another guy. David showed me there was a lot more to him than his looks. And Gary’s matchmaking plan was way, way wrong. The problem was, I couldn’t say anything to either one of them! But there is one thing I’m certain of--this was not going to end well.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another hit, SD.
Lots of things to think about, the most interesting is Tommy--I think he's picked up on something.
David, it's just so wrong in every way--if he would just TELL Kathy on the phone that he is just a friend, or tell her he needs to talk with her about it in person--but no, he just gets himself deeper and deeper by thinking he has to wait until after the movies. That is only making it worse.
I don't care what he thinks--he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
More please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter. It illuminates a lot of the thinking in Twoey and David's minds, and nudges David and Twoey just a little closer together. David is getting sucked into a classic relationship vortex with Kathy that could spit him out in very unhappy shape. Disagree with ColumbusGuy here in that I don't think David has it in him - just too far outside his experience - to tell Kathy on the phone that he's not her guy. He's stuck, and doesn't know how to get out. David might need a deus ex machina to extract him from that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked this chapter. It gave us some more insight into Danny, and I can't imagine how he's dealing. Sam's personality we see a little of, and it put Twoey and David in a room together...alone!
It was great to see them really get along ad talk. If they continue like this it's going to be hard not to root for them sooner! As it is l like how we're getting to know them.
Tommy might be, no, is way more insightful than his brother. I wonder how long he's had that inkling about David. It makes sense though, since they're so close that he sees what David can't just yet..
As for the date, I think David is stuck too, but that's because he's a genuinely nice guy. He doesn't want to hurt Kathy any more but clearly the longer he puts it off the harder it gets. Add to that it's his sister's boyfriend's sister. That's messy. Over the phone is not the way to go. I kind of want to see how he works this out, but I'm biased I like David, his cluelessness is what makes him endearing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/09/2015 04:22 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Another hit, SD.

Lots of things to think about, the most interesting is Tommy--I think he's picked up on something.

David, it's just so wrong in every way--if he would just TELL Kathy on the phone that he is just a friend, or tell her he needs to talk with her about it in person--but no, he just gets himself deeper and deeper by thinking he has to wait until after the movies. That is only making it worse.

I don't care what he thinks--he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

More please.

Thanks CG!

Yeah, I agree with some of your points here and wonder if maybe he would have handled the Kathy thing differently were he not feeling swamped by these other things going on.

It'll be interesting to see if he manages to divide and conquer his emotional problems, or if ...ugh I don't even want to think about how bad it could get for him!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/09/2015 05:25 AM, Parker Owens said:

Great chapter. It illuminates a lot of the thinking in Twoey and David's minds, and nudges David and Twoey just a little closer together. David is getting sucked into a classic relationship vortex with Kathy that could spit him out in very unhappy shape. Disagree with ColumbusGuy here in that I don't think David has it in him - just too far outside his experience - to tell Kathy on the phone that he's not her guy. He's stuck, and doesn't know how to get out. David might need a deus ex machina to extract him from that.

Good points Parker, and thanks for the comments!

A lot of stuff seems to be outside David's experience, hehe.

As for the deus ex machina, well yes ...but then there is that nasty law of unintended consequences ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/09/2015 07:07 AM, Defiance19 said:

I liked this chapter. It gave us some more insight into Danny, and I can't imagine how he's dealing. Sam's personality we see a little of, and it put Twoey and David in a room together...alone!

It was great to see them really get along ad talk. If they continue like this it's going to be hard not to root for them sooner! As it is l like how we're getting to know them.

Tommy might be, no, is way more insightful than his brother. I wonder how long he's had that inkling about David. It makes sense though, since they're so close that he sees what David can't just yet..

As for the date, I think David is stuck too, but that's because he's a genuinely nice guy. He doesn't want to hurt Kathy any more but clearly the longer he puts it off the harder it gets. Add to that it's his sister's boyfriend's sister. That's messy. Over the phone is not the way to go. I kind of want to see how he works this out, but I'm biased I like David, his cluelessness is what makes him endearing.

Thanks Defiance! All great points.

You know, you've always been a big supporter of David, and he appreciates that. Maybe you can help him pull his head out of his ...well, he's gonna need support, I think!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

When I read about David introducing Twoey to Tommy's mom, did he actually say, "This is Tommy's mom."? lol

 

I agree with your other readers; I think Tommy's very insightful for a thirteen/fourteen year old.

 

It was really nice to see David and Twoey actually getting along! lol And they were even talking about sorta deep stuff, with Kathy and the date and all. And yes, Twoey's in a tough place, since he knows all about Gary's matchmaking plan. I really enjoyed reading about them talking. :)

 

Great chapter, as always, Skinny! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/14/2015 12:42 PM, Lisa said:

When I read about David introducing Twoey to Tommy's mom, did he actually say, "This is Tommy's mom."? lol

 

I agree with your other readers; I think Tommy's very insightful for a thirteen/fourteen year old.

 

It was really nice to see David and Twoey actually getting along! lol And they were even talking about sorta deep stuff, with Kathy and the date and all. And yes, Twoey's in a tough place, since he knows all about Gary's matchmaking plan. I really enjoyed reading about them talking. :)

 

Great chapter, as always, Skinny! :)

Thanks Lisa.

Tommy seems to have all the streets smarts between the two brothers, doesn't he.

And you're right, Twoey and David seem to be able to hit it off well. I wonder if Tommy agrees ...haha

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter skinny, thanks. A few more chapters along and I am REALLY liking it! I especially enjoy how the cracks are slowly becoming appearant. Nice character development.

 

The revelation to Twoey of David's ever insightful wrestling team recruitment hypothesis was hilarious.

 

I can accept that Tommy got all the street smarts. He can be intelligent and precocious. "How do you feel toward him?" strikes me as a question that no boy would ever ask, at least not with such phrasing. Just struck me as a little off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/09/2016 04:32 AM, said:

Great chapter skinny, thanks. A few more chapters along and I am REALLY liking it! I especially enjoy how the cracks are slowly becoming appearant. Nice character development.

 

The revelation to Twoey of David's ever insightful wrestling team recruitment hypothesis was hilarious.

 

I can accept that Tommy got all the street smarts. He can be intelligent and precocious. "How do you feel toward him?" strikes me as a question that no boy would ever ask, at least not with such phrasing. Just struck me as a little off.

Thanks oxala! A great review!

 

Yeah, David's little talk where Twoey and he were thinking different things ...hehe. Especially when David suggested Erik was feeling Twoey out. up?

 

As you get to know Tommy better you'll suspect he knew exactly the way he wanted to ask that question, ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..