Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 4,187 Words
  • 3,939 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 110. Week Sixteen Friday, December 19, 2014: To the Junkpile

Gone from sight

Locked away

Gone from thought

Far away

Gone from life

Cast away

 

- David

 

***

 

Twoey

Erik, Mom and I were having breakfast. He’s been extra sweet and caring since I sorta drove him to getting my attention with a slap on Wednesday. You can tell how bad he feels about it, poor guy.

Mom brought something up. “I haven’t seen your friend David around for such a long time! How is he doing?”

“I see him in my math class. He seems to be doing OK. His cast is off and he’s wearing a special boot. I don’t know how long he has to wear it though.”

Erik jumped in.

“He has a girlfriend now and really doesn’t hang around with us much anymore.”

Mom said, “I know, that cute Alex girl. Well, maybe we should invite him and his girlfriend over for dinner one night.”

I was starting to say, “That might be a good...”

But Erik cut me off.

“I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. They’ve been sort of avoiding us. I don’t think they’re comfortable around us.”

Mom was curious now.

“Why? Did something happen between you all?”

“No, nothing like that, but I think they feel funny with us being, y’know ...boyfriends. Other kids are starting to stay away from us too. I guess it’s just something you have to live with when you’re gay in a straight world.”

Mom didn’t seem to buy that at all.

“Oh, I never got that impression from David. I don’t think he can be like that.”

I simply had to defend David.

“No, that can’t possibly be right, even...”

Erik interrupted again. “Well, others are starting to notice us as a couple, so maybe he doesn’t want to get labeled too.”

Then, before we could talk about it anymore, Erik pulled me up and said we had to go. He actually pushed me toward the door. We left for school.

He opened my door (grrr) and pushed me in. When he got in, I wanted to know why he was pushing me around so much. He just smiled, saying if we were going to sit there talking about stuff we couldn’t do anything about, we’d miss out on some kissing time before classes. So he quickly drove us to the lake and we were able to get in about ten minutes of making-out before we headed for school. I guess he knew what he was talking about, but I didn’t like all the shoving.

Today was square-dance day. Nothing went on in any classes. Instead of square-dancing, Erik took me to Timmy’s for latte and a doughnut during seventh period. We returned to school just in time for his match. The high school wrestling match was at home, right after school, so I got to watch Erik and Matty. They’re both on varsity now and they both won their matches. Chuck was present as well, watching with Matty’s cute little brother. I thought we might get together after the match, but Erik had other ideas and moved me out of there quickly, saying we had to get to a special place. We took a ride to a restaurant way south on the lake.

My boyfriend turned it into a very romantic evening.

 

 

David

 

I had visitors pretty regularly, those first few weeks. It helped my mood and allowed me to forget where I was. Slowly, though, my friends came less frequently until the only familiar face I saw was Tommy’s. Eventually, even his visits slowed down, and then they stopped altogether. It’s been over a year now, and every day is the same. I watch television, trying to ignore the senseless laughing and wailing around me. I think I’ll stop eating. What’s the purpose of staying alive if this is all you have to live for? Burch won. I now lived in an asylum.

I awoke, drenched in sweat and the most depressing thoughts which had ever inhabited my mind. I think I preferred those dreams of the fishes. Gingerly getting out of bed, I was plodding across the hall to the bathroom when Tommy came bouncing out of his room.

“Why so sad? It’s the last day of school! We get a full two weeks off this year!”

That did lift my spirits a little. Christmas vacation would start Monday – in reality, it would begin tomorrow.

Sam walked next to me all the way to school. He kept throwing worried glances at me. I knew he wanted me to talk to him, to explain what was going on. How could I possibly explain what even I didn’t know was going on? I decided to try and talk with him over the weekend, after today’s session with Dr. Keating. Maybe this afternoon would bring a breakthrough or something. I sure as shit hoped so.

Well, Friday was a blow-off day at school. I completely forgot from last year. All the tests were on the day before the last day before Christmas vacation. The last day was reserved for square-dancing in the gym. You could be there during gym class or study hall or any class you could get out of. Gary walked into my homeroom with a smug look on his face and a handful of passes. We were basically free every period. I guess it was good having a best friend who ‘knows how the world works.’

I couldn’t square-dance, of course, with my boot. That gave me ample opportunity to watch everyone else. It also gave me the chance to think a bit about my upcoming, final session with Dr. Keating. I sat in the stands and watched my friends march past, a new group each period. One period, I can’t remember which, saw Donny parading in. He smiled and waved. At least that was a fun period to watch. I didn’t see Twoey or Erik show up last period, though. Anyway, I welcomed the end of the day. It was boring just watching everyone else dance. I’d be back there at school for tonight’s swim meet anyway.

When my therapy session began, he asked if I had anything to report about the repressed memories. I was sad to tell him that I hadn’t. I really wanted to see how they would occur and how he would help me if and when they began. Would I suddenly remember everything from my entire childhood, or would I see little flashes, like Burch and the fishes? I never got a chance to ask, though, because of what he hit me with next.

“David, you really should have professionals with much greater experience in repressed memories of sexual abuse help you. We’re lucky there is a clinic on the other side of Syracuse. They have the staff and resources to meet your needs. I had to work very hard to get you a slot there, in such a short time. I think you will be greatly helped.”

“How can I go there for appointments? It’ll take about an hour-and-a-half to drive one-way.”

“Well, you won’t have to commute.”

“I don’t understand.”

“You’ll stay there for a few days each week. Maybe more if you need it. Maybe less, depending on how things go. We really can’t predict until you begin to regain those memories.”

“Stay there? Like live there?”

“Yes. It will give you time to work with the professionals and eliminate the day-to-day distractions of school, friends and family.”

“And this will happen, when?”

“I was able to get you scheduled for the Monday after New Years.”

“The day I would normally go back to school.”

“Yes. That’s better because you won’t have to worry about school either. Your mind will be free from the usual disruptions which normally absorb it.”

“Have you talked to my father about this?”

“Yes. He fully agrees and will drive you up that Monday morning.” I’ll bet he will. He’ll dispose of me and bury his sins.

“What should I pack for clothes?”

“Nothing, only what you want to wear when you come home. While you’re there you’ll be dressed in their clothes. Don’t bring any bathroom stuff, it’ll all be provided.”

“Even my razor?”

“Yes. If I remember correctly, someone will shave you, when you need it. It doesn’t look like you shave much yet anyway, right?”

“No. Only every couple of days.”

We spent the rest of the session simply reviewing what we already knew. I think he wanted all that stuff firmly in my mind, as though I could ever forget it. I think I was only half-conscious anyway. My mind was tumbling over this clinic shit. When I had no more questions, and nothing left to add, our session was over, even though it was ten minutes earlier than usual. I think he wanted to dispose of me too. Just before I left, he added one last thing.

“Oh yes. Don’t bring your phone. They won’t let you have it there anyway.”

“My phone? Why not?”

“More distractions. You know, you’ll be texting your friends and not clearing your brain properly. They want you to have time to breathe, mentally.”

When I left his office, I was sort of at a loss. It was like I was punch drunk. The swim meet wasn’t until after six, so I had a couple of hours to kill and Donny wasn’t around because of the meet. I didn’t really want to run into any friends because I needed to think about what just happened to me. I was near the public library, a place I rarely visited anymore. I figured, on the last day of school, the chances of bumping into anyone there was like zero, and I was correct.

I went to the psychology section to see if there was anything related to what Burch did to me. I probably should have done a search on their computer catalog, but I have always really liked the feel of books in my hand. It didn’t take too long for me to discover there was quite a collection devoted to childhood sexual abuse. I didn’t seem to be very unique. There were fewer related to the suppressed memories of it though. At least that’s what I figured, from what I could tell by scanning the tables of contents. I grabbed the most promising four books and decided to look them over at a reading table nearby. This place was really empty today.

I thought I would find the one or two best for me and check them out at the front desk before I left. I could read them over the vacation and be better prepared for whatever was waiting for me at the Syracuse clinic. I split my time between doing my research and doing some thinking. I was really quite alone there, and it was quiet – absolutely perfect for thinking.

So, I realized that David was damaged goods. Burch had robbed me of what everyone else had, memories of their childhood. Those memories contained important lessons we were all supposed to learn at a young age: how to interact with people, how to treat your friends, how to trust friends and share your secrets with the closest of them. I had previously thought I did all that, but now I understood it was impossible to share the parts of me I knew nothing about. I don’t mean the abuse. Serious as it was, it would have been only a small slice of the time that is now unavailable to me. I mean, for example, Greg and Kathy lived across the street and I had a little crush on her. That’s a childhood memory I should have had. It was important! Everyone else had similar memories, but I didn’t.

That was only one little item out of all the things I couldn’t remember. It was the thing Gary remembered and explained to me. Where were all the thousands of other events, the good things, that I can’t remember? Where have those memories gone? So, when I said I was damaged goods, it was more than the abuse, it was my whole young life, hidden from me now. How could I deal with my friends without access to this resource, the very resource they all had? It was at that moment I realized that Burch had really won. He wanted to kill me to silence me, but he had already killed me. Maybe this is what Danny really meant. What difference would it make to discover who I really was, if I was, in fact, only worthless junk?

But, I have to admit, my worst thoughts were about my session today. Dr. Keating called the place, where I would be sent, a special clinic. I was to stay there for ‘a few days.’ It slowly dawned on me what was really going on. My dream, from this morning, came back to me. Was it, in reality, a sneak-peek, offered to me by the Moirai? There are no ‘clinics’ where people stay overnight. That was only a euphemism he was using. He’s sending me to a crazy house – an asylum. I knew it was a mistake to tell him about my helpers. Now he thinks I’m crazy and he’s washing his hands of me. He even cut my session short today. He’s through with me forever. I was the one he couldn’t help. I was the failure who would ruin his record. He’s probably not even going to Europe. I’d never know. Once they got me inside, I’d never get out. This meant I had only two weeks of freedom left. Maybe that’s what Danny was trying to tell me. Everything was beginning to make more sense now. I think I was beginning to connect the dots.

I realized there was no need to check those books out; there would be nothing left for me to understand. I became determined to enjoy myself as much as possible these next two weeks, my last. I noticed it was after six. I left and headed for the school. The swim meet was at six-thirty and I was surprised to discover Matty, Mark and Chuck in the stands. The JV was first, so I went over to sit with them. Chuck pointed out Donny.

“Remember the kid I introduced you to last week? There he is.”

I had to chuckle.

“What?” Chuck asked.

“I’m actually here to support Donny.”

A big smile broke out on his face. “Really? You guys are friends now? Donny never mentioned that to me!” He was almost a little hurt. But I just laughed to lighten the mood. Then he got serious and whispered to me. “See that boy standing to the left of Donny?”

He was pointing out a short, darker very hot looking younger kid.

“That kid’s a freshman?”

“No. He’s a eighth-grader up from the middle school team, just for tonight. He’s racing, not for points, but to gain the experience of high school competition. The coach thinks he’s gonna be our best swimmer in the future.”

“How do you know so much about him?”

Chuck’s face got redder than his hair. His whisper got even lower.

“He’s my boyfriend.”

My eyes must have grown three times as big.

“Really? OMG Chuck, he looks so hot and sexy!”

Chuck got a little louder. “He is! Every inch of his body...”

I pushed my hand over his mouth.

“Shhh! Enough! Don’t say anymore!”

But I gave Chuck a big smile. Jeez ...Just looking at that kid tells me that Chuck’s sex education was miles ahead of mine right now. I guess I was wrong about Matty and Chuck being a couple. Being wrong about relationships seems to be a curse of mine.

After the meet, Donny found me and hustled us out to grab a bite at Kory’s. I hadn’t eaten since breakfast and either had he. He asked me about my session. I told him pretty much everything. It felt so unusual for me to not keep little secrets locked from a friend but, with Donny, it was not at all uncomfortable. However, he did seem surprised about the Syracuse clinic. That told me more than I think I wanted to know. It told me my guess was right. Donny must see me as seriously damaged goods too. I knew, at that moment, my worst fears were true. They were sending me away. Of course my father would agree! I’d be out of his hair too, tossed onto the junkpile. At least Donny tried to sound upbeat. He even proposed we bus up to Syracuse tomorrow.

“Come on David, let’s do it. You don’t have appointments or anything else going on, do you?”

“No.”

“Well, let’s hit the mall for some Christmas shopping. Christmas is next Thursday, you know. The place will be jammed and festive. We’ll spend the whole day; maybe take in a movie if there’s anything good up. Come on, you need a fun day! Let’s do it!”

How could I argue with that? “OK, I’m in. I know there’s a nine o’clock bus that leaves from here. I’ll meet you at the station at quarter to nine.”

He had a big smile on his face as we left Kory’s to head for his house. I was smiling too. Somehow, Donny did that for me. We discovered his parents were out tonight, so I guessed I would have to walk home. In fact, no one was home. We went right to Donny’s room and started kissing. Why not? I only had two weeks left, then I’d be in ‘their clothes’ – a straightjacket or something. Neither of us hesitated and I was surprised how relaxed and easy this was for me to do. I was even more surprised when we interrupted the make-out session to remove some clothes. I took off my boot and laid myself down on his bed. Donny stretched out next to me and we continued to kiss. Finally breaking the kiss, we just lay there, propped up on an arm, gazing into each other’s eyes.

“You’ve never done anything like this before, have you?”

“Not with a boy.”

“How does it feel?”

“With you? Right.”

“Should we take off all our clothes?”

“Well we have done that before, as I remember.”

He giggled.

“Yeah ...well this time I don’t want your cum on my stomach, I want it in it. But only if you’re ready.”

Was I ready?

I’d only had two blowjobs before, both from Alex. Somehow I felt this was going to be a little different. After I nodded my consent, Donny carefully undressed me, being very gentle with my left leg. He started to lick my nipples but I pushed him away.

“What?”

“You have to get naked too! I want to be able touch your body too. You can’t hold out on me!”

We both chuckled, and Donny soon showed me his perfect swimmer’s body. He was wearing one strip less cloth than he was at the meet. Even though he had showered at school, there was still a subtle whiff of chlorine on him that I noticed when I planted a gentle kiss on his shoulder. As he got back to work on my nipples, I alternated between running my hands over his amazing body and falling back to get lost in the excitement that his ministrations were creating in my body.

Donny was good. He had done this before. He made every nerve in me tingle, while never touching my aching bone, which was harder than it had ever been, and was leaking pre-cum all over me.

I gave up touching him. I gave up looking at him. I gave up looking at anything. I was lost and writhing on the bed as his tongue started to explore my inner thighs and then that little strip of land between your balls and ass. He moved to those balls and finally, finally when he licked up the throbbing vein under my shaft, with the point of his tongue no less, I was clutching at his covers and my knuckles must have been white. Then in one swift, unbelievable motion, he swallowed me to my pubes – I was down his throat for fuck’s sake – and he sucked me on his way back up again, licking around the head. As he started back down it was all over! I cried out and pushed into his mouth blowing my loads again and again as my hips thrust up wildly.

I fell back onto his bed, completely drained, both physically and emotionally. All I could think was, “Holy Shit ...was this what a real blowjob was like?” I knew I didn’t have a lot of them to compare that one to, but they couldn’t possibly have gotten much better! At least not and have me live to remember.

After I recovered, I asked if I should repay him, but I felt pretty inadequate. After all, I had never ever given a blowjob before, or even thought about doing it. When I explained all that to Donny, he tried to reassure me.

“Only if you’re certain you want to. Remember, it’s OK to be new at it. I’ll talk you through it. Everyone has to start.” Then he chuckled as he said, “My first attempt was pretty awful, but neither of us knew what the hell we were doing.”

I determined I would actually try this. I was going to do what I wanted to do from now on – sex wise. I wasn’t sure what I was, but I was pretty convinced now that I was not sitting on the straight end of Dr. Keating’s scale.

OMG. What did I just admit to myself? David was not straight.

Donny, very patiently, took me through BJ101. He was gentle and encouraging and it made me try to increase his pleasure. When he finally came and I choked down as much as I could, I apologized. It wasn’t too bad, but just felt different. OK, it was pretty gross, but I remembered how much pleasure I received from his, and so hoped I gave him a little of that in return. He told me I wasn’t nearly as bad as I was imagining, and that I would certainly get better as I learned to read what turned on my partner better.

“Hey, all sex feels good ...don’t get so down on yourself.” Then we both laughed at his little pun.

Kissing was fun as we tasted ourselves from each other’s mouths. I asked Donny if he was gay. He really laughed then.

“Um ...yes. I’d have to admit, having sex with other guys could lead me to that conclusion.”

Then he looked at me.

“Are you gay, David?”

My mind went blank. I can’t be gay. My little ‘guard’ had told my inner self that enough times over the past couple of months.

“I don’t think so. I mean, I haven’t had sex with any guys, so I mean, I don’t think so. But I’m not straight. I realize that now.”

“Have you had sex with any girls?”

“No.”

“Well, let’s try this. The last time you jacked off, who did you fantasize about?”

Shit. But I was gonna be honest with Donny. He was trying to help me.

“Um ...actually, you.”

“Me?”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry. I feel kinda honored. David Megal jacked off thinking about me! If it’s any consolation, you were my jack off fantasy this morning.”

“Me?”

Haha ...If I had a crystal ball, I’d be willing to bet that you were in at least a half-dozen jack off fantasies this morning, all over town …and probably as many more fantasies from girls.”

“You’re giving me crap now!”

“You don’t realize how attractive you are, do you?”

“I’m not! I’m plain vanilla …mousy even.” Then I started to get up and put my clothes back on.

As Donny was dressing, he spoke.

“I want more of this.” Then he kissed me and whispered as he put his mouth to my ear.

“Before Christmas, I want to feel your cum shooting into my ass!”

I think I turned crimson. I certainly felt the heat in my face. I just stared at Donny. A little later I gave him a goodbye kiss and left. As I was walking home I thought about what he had said – a lot. If I did what he wanted, then I would be having real, complete and total sex with a boy. I would have had sex with a boy but never with a girl.

What’s more, I had never even remotely desired to have sex with a girl. As I thought about Donny, the nagging little desire to have sex with him, in the way he wanted, started to break through my mind-guard’s defenses. Where would I land on Dr. Keating’s sliding scale if I actually did what Donny wanted?

What would that make me?

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Holy fuck was this a rough one. When you said Dr. Keating would do a trashy job explaining it, you weren't kidding. You'very now given us David's physical deadline - he will be somewhere else in the new year, almost no matter what... and now we have David and Donny mixed into the Syracuse Incident. Now, I hate to say this, but there is no way Dr. Keating would leave David completely without therapy for the two weeks before the clinic. If he is this at risk he should be providing something or someone else for the remaining days before and after Christmas... Jesus fuck why are the adults so clueless and unprofessional? Very good chappy, skinny.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Um... what the fuck? So now I really do have to ask the question but is this story set in an alternate reality where every human over the ago of 18 is completely incompetent and ultimately useless? David has some emotional and mental problems, but (not being the least bit an expert) I've seen no behavior on his part that would justify commiting him to a mental health facility. That just seems quite a leap from I can't help you so I'm referring you to someone who specializes in this area and had more experience to we're locking you up and taking away your razors and shoelaces. I'm just not sering it at all.

 

Of course, dear old Dad didn't say word one about any of this. It's consistent with the character who apparently is totally and completely out of fucks to give about his family. But the problem is I don't think he had any to begin with. He talks a good game for about 5 minutes, but otherwise his actions are totally at odds with any lip service he pays to his family. I'd like to see a confrontation at some point here. In front of the entire family preferably. But I guess that's unlikely to happen. I try not to get too critical SD but a lack of any kind of confrontation about this will break my willing suspension of disbelief. It's just not credible at all. There should be some kind of outrage regarding this.

 

Ok, beyond that Twoey's mom continues to act at odds with her character. Someone who works with kids regularly, with training in psychology and learns to read visual cues is completely blind to what's happening to her own son. Literally right in front of her face no less. Good luck trusting this woman to help anyone ever. She must be cut from the same cloth as David's therapist that commits kids as soon as he finds out they've been sexually abused. If that's the consequence for telling a trusted professional than its a wonder this stuff goes unreported.

 

That is all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I knew this would trigger a Spikey rant, and I can't say I blame him... Things are just well, messed up.
Twoey:
Twoey is blaming himself for Erik now? He made Erik slap him, and Erik's oh so sweet now until the next slap or push or worse. There begins the cycle.. It's why we ask why battered spouses don't just leave an abusive situation. Simply because they've come to believe they brought it on and therefore deserve it. Let's hope Twoey doesn't get to worse..
Ginny:
I am going to just assume that Ginny asked about David as a way to gauge both Twoey and Erik's reaction. I am assuming she couldn't very well act on what she saw, but will talk with Twoey as she is concerned by Erik..
It was so blatant, she can't not have observed something was off.. Parents miss things going on right under their noses all the time, but that would be so disappointing..
David:
So does Keating think David highly suicidal? Intreatment is a very drastic move imo.. I would understand increasing his visits.. So again I'm assuming that off page David communicated what the poem at the beginning showed us. David's misery and desolation. That, added to maybe the Doc was worried about and didn't quite understand the meditation guides, and I could almost get it.. Almost..
David knows his dad is spineless.. Content to go along with what the doc says, relieving him of any true responsibility. Someone else will fix it..
And now Donny is heading to Syracruse..

 

But, David had his first real gay sex moment, and he admits he's not completely straight.. There's that!

 


We're getting closer to the boom? As always SkinnyD an excellent chapter..

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I now know that WTF does not stand for World Trade Federation.
I can imagine that Dr.Keating sees something very serious that would require an inpatient facility...but then to leave it for two weeks?

 

And it's already fixed up with David's utterly unattached and clueless father?

 

No wonder David is feeling as low as he's ever felt. Donny at least can show David that he may be loveable and desirable, physically, and which appears to have helped David achieve a bit of clarity. This is probably good, if mind-blowing (and, um...er...also) for David.

 

But Ginny had better be preparing to intervene either on or off camera, because it is very hard to swallow that this otherwise effective, caring and knowledgable parent could allow what is happening to her son right in front of her eyes to continue.

 

World Trade Federation, indeed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I have some problems with Dr. Keating right now as well. There's obviously something he feels is needed to fully help David, but this two week delay makes no sense from a standard of care perspective. While I appreciate that getting into facilities like this can be incredibly difficult, particularly with a short lead time, there isn't very much being done to prepare David for the transition. It may be exactly as Dr. Keating has said, and it's a short excursion to the facility for a few days to undergo intensive therapy, but that should be fully explained to the patient. Informed consent is required for treatment, as I recall, so hopefully David's father has more to explain about the situation over the weekend.
Erik remains a concern, as he's becoming increasingly less subtle about the ways he controls Twoey. Ginny must have noticed the way her son was pushed, and of course she's already noticed the isolating aspects of their relationship. The breaking point there seems to be coming soon, and it too will be problematic for all involved.
One side-effect of this whole ordeal is that David has become much more introspective (big plus for me!) and analyzes himself with much more fervor than he did before. He's learning things about himself that have shocked him to his core and completely upset the self-image he has for himself. This in itself would normally be enough to require adult support, but the things he's learned include being serially abused. Considering that, his mental state appears to be surprisingly robust. I do not know I could remain as sane as David in his place. His concerns about being placed in an asylum speak to fears of being abandoned, which also makes sense considering how many times he's been abandoned. What David needs is his friends to rally around him and show him he's still the same person they thought he was and liked having around. Sam will be good for that, and I'm sorry to see that you threw in a potential scene for them, and didn't end up having it. I think that loss of insight would have been useful for readers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Perhaps the "know" in Danny's warning is as much Biblical as it is Delphic. Western society applauds the pursuit of self-awareness and self-knowledge, but suppresses exploration of our sexual selves. This, of course, gets pushed to our bedrooms and closets, and very rarely do we speak of it to others. Sexual trauma can push this level of self awareness even further into the back ground (in the discussion thread, I mentioned the effects of sexual assault on one's limits and sense of body autonomy--these are comorbid symptoms).
Prior to Donny, David's experiences with sex have been thrust upon him, and causes some form of psychological distress--Burch molested him (complete memory repression), Kathy tried to shove his hand in her panties (disgust), and Alex gave him hand/blow jobs (confusion). Donny was probably David's first and only experience with safe, sane, and consensual sex. Donny let David know what he wants, but also gave David full veto power. Some victims have difficulties reconciling their physical responses to the assault ("it felt good, even though I was forced"), and their real sexual responses. If all David had to compare Burch's abuse to was his experiences with Kathy and Alex, I'd imagine David might shut down all together. Getting to know Donny (and himself) in the Biblical sense will go a long way in helping him establish the divide. Matty and Chuck may even be able to help, especially since Matty has been established as a very nurturing bed partner.
Another interesting thing to consider--if David is unable to access his own memories and has rely on what others tell him, his understanding of his past self may be unreliable. His sister said he had a crush on Kathy and hated Nelson, but what if the reverse were true. Could Nelson have been David's first crush?
As for Twoey. Erik has "groomed" him well. Abusers have this pattern of establishing a false sense of trust with their victims, so any and all abusive behavior will be interpreted as romantic or loving. Any therapist worth their salt would know the signs--Ginny has either picked up on it, or she is fucking stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You've done it again, Skinny! An amazing chapter. I truly felt David's anguish and helplessness as he began figuring more things out about his mental health and the clini... erm... hospital. I'm still putting a lot of faith in Ginny and her mother-instincts to rescue Twoey from the clutches of Eric. I can't wait to get to Syracuse for what appears to be a rather memorable confrontation! Someone (or more than one) will be hurt emotionally... someone might very well be hurt physically... and I can only hope that ends up being Eric!
You do realize I now check daily for an update from you... I'm sooooo completely addicted to your story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Whew. What a chapter! I can only point to all the great reviews here and nod my head a lot and say, "me too!"

 

Another deadline! Well, two more deadlines, actually. Dr. K has added another frightening one to add to Danny's prediction about New Year's. And, of course, there was Matty's much happier goal of bedding David by then, which David doesn't even know about. And now there's Donny's deadline to have anal sex with David by Christmas! Which sounds to me like a wonderful thing to anticipate, and even David seems to be more than a little attracted to the idea, despite the uncertainty about how this will finally define his sexuality. Well, David, it's about time, and nobody better than Donny to help you out.

 

This trip to Syracuse has all the signs of becoming a Major Turning Point. I just hope nobody gets hurt! Skinny, your ability to bring these people to life still amazes me. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Gotta love it--World Trade Federation indeed! :)
Nothing to add to what's been said already, except to increase the outrage at both Dr. Keating and David's dad--AND Ginny the In(s)ane psychologist.
David needs to get on the phone with his grandfather right away--his dad is utterly incompetent and has no concept of what's going on with his son.
Where are the oversight committees for doctors and other 'experts' dealing with children?!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 01:06 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Holy fuck was this a rough one. When you said Dr. Keating would do a trashy job explaining it, you weren't kidding. You'very now given us David's physical deadline - he will be somewhere else in the new year, almost no matter what... and now we have David and Donny mixed into the Syracuse Incident. Now, I hate to say this, but there is no way Dr. Keating would leave David completely without therapy for the two weeks before the clinic. If he is this at risk he should be providing something or someone else for the remaining days before and after Christmas... Jesus fuck why are the adults so clueless and unprofessional? Very good chappy, skinny.

Thanks lux!

 

David is very good.

 

I'm sure Dr. Keating thinks the only thing left is to get David's memory back so therapy can continue. He does not see a boy in crisis. He see's someone in control of himself and who figured out the abuse on his own.

 

The clinic, in reality, is certainly not what David thinks it is. But we know how he is. For 110 chapters we know how he is. That's why I'm a little surprise at some of the comments here. I'll try to address those in my other replies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 01:16 AM, spikey582 said:

Um... what the fuck? So now I really do have to ask the question but is this story set in an alternate reality where every human over the ago of 18 is completely incompetent and ultimately useless? David has some emotional and mental problems, but (not being the least bit an expert) I've seen no behavior on his part that would justify commiting him to a mental health facility. That just seems quite a leap from I can't help you so I'm referring you to someone who specializes in this area and had more experience to we're locking you up and taking away your razors and shoelaces. I'm just not sering it at all.

 

Of course, dear old Dad didn't say word one about any of this. It's consistent with the character who apparently is totally and completely out of fucks to give about his family. But the problem is I don't think he had any to begin with. He talks a good game for about 5 minutes, but otherwise his actions are totally at odds with any lip service he pays to his family. I'd like to see a confrontation at some point here. In front of the entire family preferably. But I guess that's unlikely to happen. I try not to get too critical SD but a lack of any kind of confrontation about this will break my willing suspension of disbelief. It's just not credible at all. There should be some kind of outrage regarding this.

 

Ok, beyond that Twoey's mom continues to act at odds with her character. Someone who works with kids regularly, with training in psychology and learns to read visual cues is completely blind to what's happening to her own son. Literally right in front of her face no less. Good luck trusting this woman to help anyone ever. She must be cut from the same cloth as David's therapist that commits kids as soon as he finds out they've been sexually abused. If that's the consequence for telling a trusted professional than its a wonder this stuff goes unreported.

 

That is all.

Thanks spikey!

 

Do not ever forget we get our information basically from David's narrative. HE said it was a mental health facility, not his doctor. As I mentioned to lux, it seems Dr. Keating needs David's memory to return so he can be treated. He knows it won't happen without some sort of intervention (the clinic). To him, David is in no risk for the two vacation weeks, when he will be with friends and family.

Of course, we know--by now, I hope--that David's biggest enemy is himself. This means he is at great risk. Donny seems to be helping him, but we know David is only a crisis or two away from losing it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 04:03 AM, Defiance19 said:

I knew this would trigger a Spikey rant, and I can't say I blame him... Things are just well, messed up.

Twoey:

Twoey is blaming himself for Erik now? He made Erik slap him, and Erik's oh so sweet now until the next slap or push or worse. There begins the cycle.. It's why we ask why battered spouses don't just leave an abusive situation. Simply because they've come to believe they brought it on and therefore deserve it. Let's hope Twoey doesn't get to worse..

Ginny:

I am going to just assume that Ginny asked about David as a way to gauge both Twoey and Erik's reaction. I am assuming she couldn't very well act on what she saw, but will talk with Twoey as she is concerned by Erik..

It was so blatant, she can't not have observed something was off.. Parents miss things going on right under their noses all the time, but that would be so disappointing..

David:

So does Keating think David highly suicidal? Intreatment is a very drastic move imo.. I would understand increasing his visits.. So again I'm assuming that off page David communicated what the poem at the beginning showed us. David's misery and desolation. That, added to maybe the Doc was worried about and didn't quite understand the meditation guides, and I could almost get it.. Almost..

David knows his dad is spineless.. Content to go along with what the doc says, relieving him of any true responsibility. Someone else will fix it..

And now Donny is heading to Syracruse..

 

But, David had his first real gay sex moment, and he admits he's not completely straight.. There's that!

 

 

We're getting closer to the boom? As always SkinnyD an excellent chapter..

Thanks Def!

 

I talked about Keating in the below replies, so let's think about Ginny here. First, what we don't know (we will Sunday)is that she has a book coming out and will be on a book tour to Albany next week. Let's assume that has distracted her a bit.

 

Here is what she knows: Her son is happy. David, who was confronting orientation demons, seems to have gotten his act together and now has a girlfriend, whom he has proudly brought to her house. When Twoey told her of David's strange phone call and collapsing at Sam's, she immediately called his shrink, not realizing David was not still seeing him. She even told Twoey what signs,in David,to watch for from her third-hand perspective. (Which was pretty accurate.)

Of course Twoey couldn't do it because he no longer has any contact with David or anyone--but Ginny does NOT know this.

 

The little breakfast scene Friday morning, no doubt alerted her and flashed some caution lights. Of course she won't get the chance to go into analysis mode, since we know everything is going to break loose either Saturday or Sunday, and Twoey will be gone all day Saturday anyway.

 

So, since she works every day, and also writes, she isn't sitting around thinking of dire scenarios for her son, who, when he is with her and his boyfriend, seems incredibly happy and content.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 04:31 AM, Parker Owens said:

I now know that WTF does not stand for World Trade Federation.

I can imagine that Dr.Keating sees something very serious that would require an inpatient facility...but then to leave it for two weeks?

 

And it's already fixed up with David's utterly unattached and clueless father?

 

No wonder David is feeling as low as he's ever felt. Donny at least can show David that he may be loveable and desirable, physically, and which appears to have helped David achieve a bit of clarity. This is probably good, if mind-blowing (and, um...er...also) for David.

 

But Ginny had better be preparing to intervene either on or off camera, because it is very hard to swallow that this otherwise effective, caring and knowledgable parent could allow what is happening to her son right in front of her eyes to continue.

 

World Trade Federation, indeed.

Thanks Parker!

 

I don't think Dr. Keating knows what an "utterly unattached and clueless father" David has. As I mentioned somewhere below, therapy seems to be at a dead end until David begins to remember, which the doc doesn't think he has any chance of doing without the intervention of the clinic. So David is safe for two weeks. :o

 

I think we know better.

For 110 chapters, we know better!

And we're not worried about getting packed and ready to fly to Europe, either.

 

We can only pray Donny or something else good will save him. Otherwise, I think our boy is lost. :(

 

I'm hoping it's THAT realization causing the consternation on this page, and not me. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 05:24 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

I have some problems with Dr. Keating right now as well. There's obviously something he feels is needed to fully help David, but this two week delay makes no sense from a standard of care perspective. While I appreciate that getting into facilities like this can be incredibly difficult, particularly with a short lead time, there isn't very much being done to prepare David for the transition. It may be exactly as Dr. Keating has said, and it's a short excursion to the facility for a few days to undergo intensive therapy, but that should be fully explained to the patient. Informed consent is required for treatment, as I recall, so hopefully David's father has more to explain about the situation over the weekend.

Erik remains a concern, as he's becoming increasingly less subtle about the ways he controls Twoey. Ginny must have noticed the way her son was pushed, and of course she's already noticed the isolating aspects of their relationship. The breaking point there seems to be coming soon, and it too will be problematic for all involved.

One side-effect of this whole ordeal is that David has become much more introspective (big plus for me!) and analyzes himself with much more fervor than he did before. He's learning things about himself that have shocked him to his core and completely upset the self-image he has for himself. This in itself would normally be enough to require adult support, but the things he's learned include being serially abused. Considering that, his mental state appears to be surprisingly robust. I do not know I could remain as sane as David in his place. His concerns about being placed in an asylum speak to fears of being abandoned, which also makes sense considering how many times he's been abandoned. What David needs is his friends to rally around him and show him he's still the same person they thought he was and liked having around. Sam will be good for that, and I'm sorry to see that you threw in a potential scene for them, and didn't end up having it. I think that loss of insight would have been useful for readers.

Thanks Hunter!

 

I think it is as you have guessed. This is not an insane asylum. Dr. Keating sees no movement in David's therapy beyond what they (mostly David and Donny) have already figured out . Before therapy can significantly help him, he needs to remember, and thus the clinic to do just that.

 

Dr. Keating's big mistake was assuming this very smart boy, who has shown remarkable maturity and seems to be mentally stable, would understand what Syracuse was all about.

 

If he did not explain it very well to David--CAUTION, we only know what David tells us--then he has made a serious error. He certainly didn't know about David's dream.

 

Too bad David didn't tell him about that dream.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 05:26 AM, Dayne Mora said:

Perhaps the "know" in Danny's warning is as much Biblical as it is Delphic. Western society applauds the pursuit of self-awareness and self-knowledge, but suppresses exploration of our sexual selves. This, of course, gets pushed to our bedrooms and closets, and very rarely do we speak of it to others. Sexual trauma can push this level of self awareness even further into the back ground (in the discussion thread, I mentioned the effects of sexual assault on one's limits and sense of body autonomy--these are comorbid symptoms).

Prior to Donny, David's experiences with sex have been thrust upon him, and causes some form of psychological distress--Burch molested him (complete memory repression), Kathy tried to shove his hand in her panties (disgust), and Alex gave him hand/blow jobs (confusion). Donny was probably David's first and only experience with safe, sane, and consensual sex. Donny let David know what he wants, but also gave David full veto power. Some victims have difficulties reconciling their physical responses to the assault ("it felt good, even though I was forced"), and their real sexual responses. If all David had to compare Burch's abuse to was his experiences with Kathy and Alex, I'd imagine David might shut down all together. Getting to know Donny (and himself) in the Biblical sense will go a long way in helping him establish the divide. Matty and Chuck may even be able to help, especially since Matty has been established as a very nurturing bed partner.

Another interesting thing to consider--if David is unable to access his own memories and has rely on what others tell him, his understanding of his past self may be unreliable. His sister said he had a crush on Kathy and hated Nelson, but what if the reverse were true. Could Nelson have been David's first crush?

As for Twoey. Erik has "groomed" him well. Abusers have this pattern of establishing a false sense of trust with their victims, so any and all abusive behavior will be interpreted as romantic or loving. Any therapist worth their salt would know the signs--Ginny has either picked up on it, or she is fucking stupid.

Thank you, Dayne!

 

That was a very thoughtful set of comments. You certainly helped shed light on the problems our little hero is confronting.

 

Your comment that David is unable to access his own memories and has to rely on what others tell him should remind us that WE TOO have to rely on what David tells us. In the short distance of a few paragraphs he has already offered two or three different conclusions on what "Danny really meant."

 

Then, of course, you had to toss in another. :P

 

He is spiraling out of control, with Donny being the only parachute available at the moment. But hell, we have 12 chapters left--plenty of time. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 07:01 AM, FlyOnTheWall said:

You've done it again, Skinny! An amazing chapter. I truly felt David's anguish and helplessness as he began figuring more things out about his mental health and the clini... erm... hospital. I'm still putting a lot of faith in Ginny and her mother-instincts to rescue Twoey from the clutches of Eric. I can't wait to get to Syracuse for what appears to be a rather memorable confrontation! Someone (or more than one) will be hurt emotionally... someone might very well be hurt physically... and I can only hope that ends up being Eric!

You do realize I now check daily for an update from you... I'm sooooo completely addicted to your story!

Thank you, Geoff!

 

I'm glad you could feel his anguish. The poor kid is almost at rock bottom. We know it's mostly of his own creation, but he doesn't know that and it's no help to where he is right now.

 

His only light seems to be Donny. But someone mentioned, in the review to an earlier chapter, that he was putting all his eggs into one emotional basket. And this is true.

 

David doesn't seem to have a Plan-B.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 07:16 AM, jess30519 said:

Whew. What a chapter! I can only point to all the great reviews here and nod my head a lot and say, "me too!"

 

Another deadline! Well, two more deadlines, actually. Dr. K has added another frightening one to add to Danny's prediction about New Year's. And, of course, there was Matty's much happier goal of bedding David by then, which David doesn't even know about. And now there's Donny's deadline to have anal sex with David by Christmas! Which sounds to me like a wonderful thing to anticipate, and even David seems to be more than a little attracted to the idea, despite the uncertainty about how this will finally define his sexuality. Well, David, it's about time, and nobody better than Donny to help you out.

 

This trip to Syracuse has all the signs of becoming a Major Turning Point. I just hope nobody gets hurt! Skinny, your ability to bring these people to life still amazes me. Thanks!

Thank you, jess!

 

Do you really think David is emotionally ready to have anal sex with Donny?

 

With his entire adult support group gone (whoops, you don't know that yet) the ramifications of that incident might be scary. He might run amok, careening around town screwing all the boys: Matty, Twoey, Chuck, ... oh, wait...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 06:45 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Gotta love it--World Trade Federation indeed! :)

Nothing to add to what's been said already, except to increase the outrage at both Dr. Keating and David's dad--AND Ginny the In(s)ane psychologist.

David needs to get on the phone with his grandfather right away--his dad is utterly incompetent and has no concept of what's going on with his son.

Where are the oversight committees for doctors and other 'experts' dealing with children?!

Thanks CG!

 

I think it's quite clear by now that David has lost any confidence he ever had in his father. Maybe he'll start calling him "the man who lives in my house."

 

I guess when you're a teenage boy you sort of get used to the fact that your adults don't really pay any attention to you unless you cause them trouble, like getting picked up for smoking a joint or ditching school.

 

Your emotional life is a book written in a language they may have known once, but is as obscure to them as cuneiform tablets would be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ok, so obviously David is totally misinterpreting what Keating said. I was a little wary there for a while also with the explanation he'd stay there for a few days or less, depending on how the therapy is going. Unfortunately, this doesn't bode well with David's nightmare at the beginning of the chapter. First I thought the doc was going to say he got in touch with Twoey's friend Mike and David was going to stay with him! lol I bet Ginny knows what kind of clinic it is. Hmm, David should talk to her; he'll feel better when she tells him the truth about it.

 

So now THAT'S the deadline Danny was talking about! Whew! I think! lol

 

I know I said this in last chapter's review, but Donny is going to be heartbroken. If David actually goes along with losing his virginity (gay or straight or any kind) to Donny, I think he's going to regret the fact that Twoey wouldn't be his first.

 

Twoey...at least he's getting tired of being pushed around! Literally! I think it was Def who brought up the fact that Twoey was actually blaming himself for Erik slapping him. Isn't that a big trait of a victim -- they blame themselves for causing the person to act violent toward them? If Twoey had just quieted down and let Erik speak Erik wouldn't have slapped him. And I hope to God Ginny saw what Erik did when he totally manipulated the conversation so it seemed like it was David and Alex's fault they didn't hang around them anymore. Now Ginny knows better than to believe David is uncomfortable with Twoey and Erik being boyfriends. I wonder if Twoey knows Alex has a gay brother. Probably not. I just hope Ginny finally sees those red flags waving in front of her face!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/13/2016 02:53 PM, Lisa said:

Ok, so obviously David is totally misinterpreting what Keating said. I was a little wary there for a while also with the explanation he'd stay there for a few days or less, depending on how the therapy is going. Unfortunately, this doesn't bode well with David's nightmare at the beginning of the chapter. First I thought the doc was going to say he got in touch with Twoey's friend Mike and David was going to stay with him! lol I bet Ginny knows what kind of clinic it is. Hmm, David should talk to her; he'll feel better when she tells him the truth about it.

 

So now THAT'S the deadline Danny was talking about! Whew! I think! lol

 

I know I said this in last chapter's review, but Donny is going to be heartbroken. If David actually goes along with losing his virginity (gay or straight or any kind) to Donny, I think he's going to regret the fact that Twoey wouldn't be his first.

 

Twoey...at least he's getting tired of being pushed around! Literally! I think it was Def who brought up the fact that Twoey was actually blaming himself for Erik slapping him. Isn't that a big trait of a victim -- they blame themselves for causing the person to act violent toward them? If Twoey had just quieted down and let Erik speak Erik wouldn't have slapped him. And I hope to God Ginny saw what Erik did when he totally manipulated the conversation so it seemed like it was David and Alex's fault they didn't hang around them anymore. Now Ginny knows better than to believe David is uncomfortable with Twoey and Erik being boyfriends. I wonder if Twoey knows Alex has a gay brother. Probably not. I just hope Ginny finally sees those red flags waving in front of her face!

Thanks, Lisa!

 

Yes, David misinterpreting Keating is sort of typical for him. He has all these ideas swimming around in his head (and that dream was sure one bad idea) and then jumps to the wrong conclusion. We've seen it before, but this time it could lead him to a catastrophe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..