Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,196 Words
  • 3,888 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 115. Week Seventeen Wednesday, December 24, 2014: Christmas Present

“Are spirits’ lives so short?” asked Scrooge.

“My life upon this globe, is very brief,” replied the Ghost. “It ends to-night.”

“To-night!” cried Scrooge.

“To-night at midnight. Hark! The time is drawing near.”

The chimes were ringing the three quarters past eleven at that moment.

 

 

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

 

***

 

 

The distinctive aroma of pine filled my senses. And, of course, it made sense because it was Christmas. That was obvious by the mistletoe hanging from the archway between our living and dining rooms. It was the time for joy and happiness. And I was joyful and happy because Twoey was with me. He was standing just on the other side of that archway, in the living room. He smiled and walked toward me as I took a step toward him. We were now framed by the arch, which was the connection between those two dissimilar territories. The mistletoe was directly above us. From his smile, I knew this was it; this was forever. Our bodies melted together as we kissed. I know I was blushing as my eyes opened to meet his. But instead of seeing my green eyed beauty smiling, I saw him suddenly get sucked up into the mistletoe!

What?!

Crap! – Another Twoey dream!

SHIT!!!

I sat up on the bed, trying to shake the vision from my mind. Hearing voices downstairs, I made my way to the shower. Once again, I had no desire to jack-off. I became worried my two-day reserve of cum was probably going to start leaking out of me somewhere. I wondered if there was such a thing as a cum-plug. OK, I’m sorry – by that point, I must have been delirious, or something.

When my brain finally decided to rejoin me, I realized that today was Christmas Eve. Today was the day for our family, traditionally, to put up and decorated the Christmas tree. I wondered if it would even happen this year. After all, there would only be Tommy and me here after Christmas Day. It seemed such a waste. And to me, now being an orphan, it appeared even more so.

At least Aunt Sarah seemed genuine as she produced banana pancakes for breakfast. Even Liz and Greg materialized and Tommy was suddenly sitting next to me at the table. He was up early again. The table talk revolved around plans for their leaving tomorrow and what they should remember to bring and yada, yada, yada. I tuned it out, concentrating on the interesting shapes the syrup formed around my remaining pancake pieces. At least Aunt Sarah had the intelligence to buy real maple syrup for us. After breakfast, we began the tasks for today.

I didn’t know who had bought the tree, but it was in the garage. Greg and I muscled it into the living room and set it up. I had done this enough years to be quite expert at it. I could tell it was Greg’s first time, so I supervised and Tommy watched – I hope he learned well, he might be The Man pretty soon. Liz supervised the decorating, with Tommy giving her grief, as only Tommy could. The older people simply watched. This was the kid’s show. I did everything Liz asked, without much emotion. Lately, it seemed every emotion was being replaced by ice water any time I was in my house and in the presence of my kin. Anyway, Greg and I always got along well. We also put up door-wreaths and mistletoe. Eventually, we got it all finished and the boxes stowed away. It was early afternoon by the time everything was thoroughly trimmed. That brought on another tradition, that of watching the classic film A Christmas Carol. I remembered, a few years ago, we watched a whole bunch of versions of this story and decided, unanimously, that this was THE one to watch. And so, every year it has become a post-decoration tradition. The thing is in black and white and over half a century old. It was from 1951, for gosh sake! But it beat all the others we saw, hands down.

After the movie, we were sitting around and they were all talking about nothing in particular. Finally, I decided to test the waters of this big secret. I absolutely could not resist.

“So Greg, what are you guys gonna do special in The City?”

“Ohhh ...we’ll go see a few shows; I already have the tickets.”

“That sounds nice. Are there any special events going on that I should know about?”

His face got red. “Um, what do you mean, David?”

“You know, like concerts – shit like that.”

“Oh. I’m not sure what’s up. I’ll have to check it out. That’s a good suggestion. Thanks.”

“Any special plans for New Year’s Eve?”

“I guess we’ll try to be at the ball drop, but that might be a bit crowded. I’m not sure yet.” My future brother-in-law was so funny trying to not give away the secret.

I didn’t think Tommy had figured it out yet because he kept giving me questioning looks. Liz was shooting laser beams at me. I was having a ball and finally seemed to be clawing out of my funk.

Greg was saved any further ‘fun’ by Aunt Sarah, who brought out roast beef sandwiches and fresh horseradish, so hot, I think it cleared my sinuses for the next several weeks. We were done eating by about six, when I explained it was time for me to make the rounds of gag-gifts for all my friends.

I went upstairs to get the gift bag which I had packed with the stuff for tonight, but Tommy followed me.

“What was all that shit with Greg about the trip?”

I sat him down and explained what was going to happen. At first he looked like he didn’t believe me, but then I could see all the pieces falling into place in his little mind as his face lit up in a big smile.

Then suddenly another emotion crossed his face. “Do you think she’s pregnant?”

“Absolutely. That’s why everything is so hush-hush. It finally dawned on me while I was thinking it all over.”

So we talked a bit more and decided it would be wisest to not pursue the pregnancy angle. It sure as hell didn’t affect me in any way. If they were so hyper about it, let them have their little secret. It would all come out in about nine months anyway. Tommy promised to not talk about any of this with anybody. When he left my room I took another shower and decided to dress a little ...provocatively. I figured, what the hell! Gray low-rise jeans, a red V-neck sweater that was really tight on me and a little short, so that a band of skin showed between it and the top of my black CKs, and black Vans were my Christmas Eve attire. My white shell necklace set everything off nicely – Santa’s colors.

It was nearly seven by the time I left. I began to make the rounds. I led off with the gang. Gary was first, then Nels, and finally Sam. We had a lot of fun exchanging weird shit. The look on Sam’s face, when he unwrapped the Polka Party CD, was worth the whole trip. After leaving his place, I looped back to Plum Street. I wasn’t sure about this at first, but I couldn’t avoid Twoey, or especially Ginny. After all, it was Christmas.

She welcomed me in and, as I took off my coat, Twoey walked into the room. He simply stared at me. I explained about the silly gift tradition, but since I knew they weren’t aware of it, I decided to give them a big box of chocolates, which was produced from my bag and placed on their coffee table. Ginny made us hot chocolate and we sat by their fireplace to drink it with Christmas cookies. I realized right then how very much I missed the times spent there with her while Twoey was in the hospital.

Twoey seemed a little guarded. I knew he’d had a traumatic experience with Erik the snake, so I could understand. I tried to break the ice by asking what they were going to do for Christmas. Ginny said she turned down a few invitations.

“I’m in so much of a whirl, preparing for my tour, that I decided it would be best if we had a small meal at home. It’ll only be Michael and me. We’re eating at about three. Why don’t you join us, David.” I could see the pleading look on her face and immediately realized it was Twoey who must have been behind not wanting to go anywhere.

At that very moment, I could have strangled Erik until the last breath of life left him, and then squeezed his neck for another half-hour. I thought, so much for my no more hate campaign.

“Sure, I’ll be there! The three of us – just like old times.” I could see the hint of a smile cross Twoey’s face. We talked a bit longer and then I explained that I had to walk across town to finish my gift distribution to Alex and Randy. Twoey asked me how Alex was doing after the breakup.

“I think she’s doing OK. I haven’t really seen too much of her since, y’know.”

Ginny asked a few questions and then I got ready to leave. I gave her a big hug. I wasn’t quite sure what to do about Twoey. But as I stood in front of him, I could read the look of longing in his eyes, so I hugged him too. He squeezed me tighter as he whispered into my ear.

“Thank you for coming over tomorrow.”

And so I kissed him.

I tried to make it nothing too emotional because I was still trying to find that fine line I needed to walk. But I wasn’t going to shut Twoey out. I knew by now I could never do that. We had too much history. Besides, I loved him. And the kiss felt good.

I left and headed over to Alex’s. On my way, I got a call from Donny asking me why I wasn’t to his house yet.

“Hurry over, I’m all alone tonight. Everyone has gone to visit my Aunt and Uncle. I begged-off, saying their kids were too young for me to hang out with and I was expecting you because we were going to exchange presents. So hurry, HURRY!”

“I’m on my way across town now. After Alex and Randy I’ll be at your place, probably in a half-hour.”

I had to chuckle at the conversation from my needy friend.

Alex had a welcoming kiss for me and we exchanged a few small, unromantic presents. She was noticeably more upbeat, and that made me feel better. When she gets over how shitty I was to here, I think we can resume being friends. I even got to meet her brother Ricky. Happily, Alex’s mother and father were out somewhere. I’m not sure I could have survived her mother’s cross-examination.

Next, I went to Randy's and thanked the Gods his parents were right there, and not ‘out somewhere,’ because when I took off my coat, I think he salivated. He kept touching me as we exchanged our presents, which were actually books. I guess we did have something in common, after all. He had such a hungry look in his eyes as he ran his fingers across my shirt and nipples.

“I like your Christmas shirt, David.”

It was time to go.

Donny was another matter entirely. A soon as I removed my jacket and laid it on a chair, he said, “Oh fucking hell!” He was on me in an instant. His tongue was half-way down my throat and his hands were on my ass pushing me into his boner ...hard! He broke the kiss and said, “Oh God, my Christmas present has arrived!”

We went to his room and he immediately started undressing me. I matched him garment for garment and soon all I was wearing was my shell necklace. He wasn’t even wearing that much! For a brief moment, we stood in front of each other, our erections throbbing. That didn’t last long because a second later Donny was on his knees and I was deep into his mouth, or down his throat, or some fucking place in his body. He continued like that for a while, until we moved onto his bed. Once there, we kissed and explored and sucked and ended up kissing again.

He wouldn’t let us cum. “I have better plans,” he told me. After some very hot kissing, the most intense we had ever engaged in, certainly that I had ever engaged in, Donny looked me in the eyes and whispered, “You have to fuck me now ...please!”

I wasn’t quite sure how this fit onto the fine line I was trying to walk.

“Are you sure? I’ve never done that before. It’ll be terrible, like my first blowjob. Maybe we shouldn’t.”

“Oh, no you don’t! I’ve been waiting for days! You’ve got to do it for me, David!”

He pulled me down on him and kissed me as our bodies and unbelievably rigid erections rubbed against each other. He wore me down but, I’ve gotta admit, it wasn’t a terribly hard sell. I think those hormone thingies took every other thought out of my mind. Donny pulled out a condom and a gray plastic bottle. He sheathed me and squirted a slippery liquid on his hands and then rubbed them up and down over my unbelievably stiff, happy member. That got my attention! Then he squirted a little more and pushed it into his asshole. I was surprised to see how easily it got bigger to allow two of his fingers to enter.

“I prepared myself before you got here, so we’re ready to go.”

I wasn’t exactly sure what “preparing myself” meant, but I think I understood the part about "we’re ready to go." Donny pushed me down on the bed, onto my back. Lifting his long legs over my body, he positioned himself above me. Grabbing my stiffness with his hand, he found the entranceway, introducing me to his body. In a slow, steady push, he was soon sitting on me. I was completely encased in the hot glove of Donny’s body. I could not believe how hot it felt – I mean temperature – and how good it felt. I think I got much harder, if that were even possible.

He slowly moved up, almost out, then back down again. His eyes were closed. I could see the look of ecstasy painted on his face. At that moment, I realized that it was me who was making him feel so good. That thought, beside the physical feelings coursing through my own body, made me feel good. He enjoyed himself for a little while, and then finally opened his eyes. Bending forward, he kissed me in a new and different way. He got off. Lying down beside me, Donny asked me to enter him. I knelt behind him as he raised his legs. I was hypnotized for a moment, staring at his now slightly open hole.

“Hurry up, stick it in!”

That brought me out of my trance. I easily entered him, sliding all the way in. I knew what to do; it just took my brain a few seconds to catch up. Slowly I pulled back a bit and then forward. Each time I pulled back a little farther and pushed forward a little more firmly. The real thing sure felt different from that dream where I was fucking myself.

But I was fucking Donny! I could do this forever – but not really. I knew I was not going to make it much longer. Then Donny groaned out “Harder!” My body started to push in and out of him in long stabs. “Please kiss me?” And so on the next thrust I dropped to his mouth and kissed him, which just intensified the feeling. At that point, I grabbed his cock and then lost all control of myself as I jerked and then just squeezed it, while I fucked him more quickly. His first shot hit me in the chin and that did it, as I felt myself expand and shoot again and again. All that pent-up two day supply of cum was finally leaving my body with repeated, tingly sensations.

Clearly I had just experienced the most intense feeling of my life! I fell onto the bed as I slipped out of him. We just lay there in our afterglow. Donny was the first to return to the living, as he leaned over to grace me with a soft kiss. That brought me around.

“Merry Christmas, David.”

We showered, dressed and simply sat, talking for a while. I didn’t think I would ever be capable of any more sex for ...days? It had been physically and emotionally very extreme. I was drained. Donny told me to hold tight for a minute as he left the room. Soon he returned with two glasses containing a red liquid with ice cubes swimming in them.

“It’s just some cranberry juice to help revive you.”

I took a big gulp and gasped. “What the hell is this?”

“Well, you can’t drink cranberry juice without a little vodka. It’s something to warm you up for the holidays.” He swallowed like half his glass. “Go on, it gets better. You’ll like it.”

And so I did. We had about three more glasses ‘for the holiday,’ and I was in a pretty mellow mood as I walked home. Everything felt perfect. I wasn’t a virgin anymore and I was floating a little.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and it was only about eleven. I woke up at three in the morning. I started to think. My eyes popped open as I suddenly realized that I had sex with a boy tonight. My life had just changed.

My life had absolutely just changed!

My fucking life had absolutely just changed!

Even though I kept saying I was not gay, I’d jerked off thinking of boys. I’d kissed boys and been kissed by boys. I’d been sucked off by a boy and sucked one off. And now – and now I had even fucked a boy. And I had liked it all. I had enjoyed it all. I had loved it all. How could I say I wasn’t gay? But how could I say I was gay?

It was all Twoey’s fault.

And then I got sick. I ran into the bathroom and puked into the toilet until I couldn’t puke up anything more and I still tried to puke.

It was all Twoey's fault.

It all went back to September second.

And then I was jolted by a series of head pains.

Merry Fucking Christmas, David!

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

David is spiraling out of control. Every time he thinks he's got himself under control, he does something to make it worse again. It's really hard to watch because you want everything to work out for David, but he's becoming his own worst enemy at this point.

 

Part of me got very sad that David blames Twoey for all of his own emotional turmoil. It's not Twoey's fault at all, and David's inability to come to terms with his own life and past are causing him to lash out at the people he thinks caused it. This has long since become a defining characteristic of David's personality, and I have to say it's one of his less admirable qualities. But that makes him human. It is just very hard to watch someone suffer when you know they should know better.

 

I liked all the gift giving scenes. I wish you'd shown us a bit more of what David got the rest of the gang, and in particular what David got for Gary. That got skipped over entirely, and I'm not sure why that was when you made it clear how important the ritual was to everyone. The whole of the gang got two sentences, and only Sam's gift was made clear to us. It would have complicated the chapter somewhat, but I think it would have been helpful to give us that additional insight into David's friendships and their personalities.

 

Another nice chapter, the end grows close!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good chapter, skinnydragon. I agree with Hunter that it would have been fun to see what he bought the others. I do the same with a few friends. I buy them the most outrageous gift I can find. I could have gotten some ideas. LOL. One thing bothers me as I read about David's sexual escapades and first experiences with Donny- it should be Twoey. If he and Twoey do somehow profess their love to each other at the end of the story, he will have regrets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

God, I wish I wasn't having an off mental health day today and reading this. I was fine until he got to Donny's house, even if his interaction with his family left me extremely frustrated - both with them and with him. This trip away is such utter bullshit. Not a criticism of you, just David's father, sister, bro-in-law(ish) and goddamn what is wrong with his Aunt? I thought her entrance into the picture after David was put in the hospital would end up being a moderating presence and helpful for the family, but she's really just fucking Stepford Mom doing not much other than go with the flow.

 

But yeah, David. Go ahead. Blame your bullshit decisions on Twoey. That's going to make *everything* better, isn't it? Blame Twoey for you feeling attracted to him. Blame Twoey for letting yourself get drawn into sex with Donny and drinking alcohol. Blame Twoey for you falling in love with Twoey. So now, David, with your Merry Fucking Christmas, what the hell are you going to do about it? Are you going to back out of dinner with Twoey and Ginny? Or are you going to make it a disaster and break Twoey once more? Are you going to calm the fuck down? Is Ginny going to notice?

 

I do sort of agree with the other guys, though. I know David's very focused on himself because of his mental state, but you'd think he'd at least give us a modicum of description of what's going on with his friends and their gifts. He's isolated himself so much and is just paying lipservice to everything and everyone... But if he's going around being very 'oh I missed this' with Twoey and Ginny especially, you'd think there would be a little more of that. Even there, though, we see David reading what he wants to see into Twoey's behaviour. Whether it's right or wrong, we'll see, but David doesn't get that his behaviour isn't about Erik, it's about David.

 

Too much of the feels for me today. Good stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Uhm, Ginny invites him for Christmas dinner and David accepts? :huh: She must care as little for his family and Christmas traditions as he does. Or will he be done with the family celebration of Christmas Day by 3 pm?
So what if David had sex with Donny? Twoey has had sex with Eric, so now neither of them are virgins. Doesn't prevent them from recognizing their love or becoming boyfriends, if David ever gets his shit together. A big IF, though...
After his stupid alcohol stunt, I don't care if Donny gets his heart broken. Plus it shows he does not care about David as a person, only his own needs. And he got what he wanted, so that should be enough.
The one thing I didn't like was David's thought after sex: Clearly I had just experienced the most intense feeling of my life! No, Stupid, that was when you met Twoey and fell in love. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Once again, coming in late means everyone else has said my salient points.

 

I'll only add, the train wreck is gathering momentum, the engineer has put on his blindfold and crossed his fingers as he opens the throttle all the way--he's absolved himself of all responsibility, shifting the blame on a passenger.

 

I had been rooting for David to get himself together and become Twoey's boyfriend, now I'm thinking Twoey deserves much better.

 

More please my friend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with ColumbusGuy, most of the thoughts I've had this chapter have been well stated elsewhere. All I can really say is this chapter has made me sad. I think every character in this story disappoints me most of the time. Donny was one that I genuinely liked and in three short chapters he's about on par with Alex in my head, and that's saying something.

 

There is one thing that bothers me about the story, and I've made comments on it several times, and I'm still not sure if this is a case of David's perceptions of events being off or if things are really this bad. What's wrong with David's family? He's essentially freezing everyone but Tommy out at this point, but it's not like he doesn't have good reason to be. Their actions in the context of all that's been going on doesn't fit, unless they really don't care. If they really are planning a wedding, why would it be a huge secret from two members of the family? Why wouldn't they be included? It makes no sense. Why would his asking anger his sister? All their interactions, his father's complete aloofness, his aunt's mute homemaker act, just make no sense. The excuse earlier in the story was that psycho mom ruled the roost and basically drove the family apart. Now she's dead and gone, but the status quo has been maintained regardless. There's really no good explanation for why these people behave the way they do. Part of the problem is, there's never any kind of confrontation or really any sort of communication. My question is, why not? Will this weird family dynamic ever make any kind of sense? You'd think his son almost dying and on the verge of a mental breakdown while dealing with the ramifications of sexual abuse might cause his father some concern. But inexplicably, no.

 

Beyond all that, David is stupid. He goes in circles and never seems to make any progress. He is attracted to guys and it's all Twoey's fault. So we're literally right back to where we were in chapter 2 of the story, only now David has actually had sex with another guy and clearly enjoyed it. Not sure how I feel about that regression of his character. I guess we'll see what happens next.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I found this chapter frustrating! But it was silly of me to think that David would suddenly see the light and alter his approach to life. He willingly falls back on the safe family Christmas traditions, and carries out his part in the silly gift-giving knowing that these won't require him to cross any of the boundaries he has set for himself. Then, when Donny, ably aided by little David, leads him into an act that can only be interpreted as gay, he rationalizes this outcome around until it isn't his fault at all, but Twoey's! Sigh.

 

Will he keep his promise to Ginny (and Twoey) to join them on Christmas Day? Of course he will - David keeps his word, at least. Should be a very interesting visit, and I can't wait to see what happens! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 08:01 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

David is spiraling out of control. Every time he thinks he's got himself under control, he does something to make it worse again. It's really hard to watch because you want everything to work out for David, but he's becoming his own worst enemy at this point.

 

Part of me got very sad that David blames Twoey for all of his own emotional turmoil. It's not Twoey's fault at all, and David's inability to come to terms with his own life and past are causing him to lash out at the people he thinks caused it. This has long since become a defining characteristic of David's personality, and I have to say it's one of his less admirable qualities. But that makes him human. It is just very hard to watch someone suffer when you know they should know better.

 

I liked all the gift giving scenes. I wish you'd shown us a bit more of what David got the rest of the gang, and in particular what David got for Gary. That got skipped over entirely, and I'm not sure why that was when you made it clear how important the ritual was to everyone. The whole of the gang got two sentences, and only Sam's gift was made clear to us. It would have complicated the chapter somewhat, but I think it would have been helpful to give us that additional insight into David's friendships and their personalities.

 

Another nice chapter, the end grows close!

Thanks, Hunter!

 

Yes, it is difficult to watch David spiral.

 

I didn't give the gift scene short shrift, David did.

 

Of course none of this is Twoey's fault. But the only other choice is that it's his fault. David doesn't seem to be ready for that yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 08:18 AM, Ronyx said:

Good chapter, skinnydragon. I agree with Hunter that it would have been fun to see what he bought the others. I do the same with a few friends. I buy them the most outrageous gift I can find. I could have gotten some ideas. LOL. One thing bothers me as I read about David's sexual escapades and first experiences with Donny- it should be Twoey. If he and Twoey do somehow profess their love to each other at the end of the story, he will have regrets.

Thanks, Ron!

 

You're right. If David ever makes it to the end of the story, he's going to have lots of regrets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 10:40 AM, Lux Apollo said:

God, I wish I wasn't having an off mental health day today and reading this. I was fine until he got to Donny's house, even if his interaction with his family left me extremely frustrated - both with them and with him. This trip away is such utter bullshit. Not a criticism of you, just David's father, sister, bro-in-law(ish) and goddamn what is wrong with his Aunt? I thought her entrance into the picture after David was put in the hospital would end up being a moderating presence and helpful for the family, but she's really just fucking Stepford Mom doing not much other than go with the flow.

 

But yeah, David. Go ahead. Blame your bullshit decisions on Twoey. That's going to make *everything* better, isn't it? Blame Twoey for you feeling attracted to him. Blame Twoey for letting yourself get drawn into sex with Donny and drinking alcohol. Blame Twoey for you falling in love with Twoey. So now, David, with your Merry Fucking Christmas, what the hell are you going to do about it? Are you going to back out of dinner with Twoey and Ginny? Or are you going to make it a disaster and break Twoey once more? Are you going to calm the fuck down? Is Ginny going to notice?

 

I do sort of agree with the other guys, though. I know David's very focused on himself because of his mental state, but you'd think he'd at least give us a modicum of description of what's going on with his friends and their gifts. He's isolated himself so much and is just paying lipservice to everything and everyone... But if he's going around being very 'oh I missed this' with Twoey and Ginny especially, you'd think there would be a little more of that. Even there, though, we see David reading what he wants to see into Twoey's behaviour. Whether it's right or wrong, we'll see, but David doesn't get that his behaviour isn't about Erik, it's about David.

 

Too much of the feels for me today. Good stuff.

Thanks, lux!

 

Sorry David screwed up you mental health day. :P

 

I like your comment about just paying lipservice to everyone. He's so focused on his internal torment, that no one else actually exists to him in any way, except maybe Twoey. Christmas Dinner might be interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 02:46 PM, Timothy M. said:

Uhm, Ginny invites him for Christmas dinner and David accepts? :huh: She must care as little for his family and Christmas traditions as he does. Or will he be done with the family celebration of Christmas Day by 3 pm?

So what if David had sex with Donny? Twoey has had sex with Eric, so now neither of them are virgins. Doesn't prevent them from recognizing their love or becoming boyfriends, if David ever gets his shit together. A big IF, though...

After his stupid alcohol stunt, I don't care if Donny gets his heart broken. Plus it shows he does not care about David as a person, only his own needs. And he got what he wanted, so that should be enough.

The one thing I didn't like was David's thought after sex: Clearly I had just experienced the most intense feeling of my life! No, Stupid, that was when you met Twoey and fell in love. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Tim!

 

Oh boy! If you could just take a quick trip to Daleville and deliver the final line of you review to David.

 

Donny's OK, I think. He just has no idea what's going on in his lust-stud's brain. The alcohol is definitely not in David's best interest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 10:31 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Once again, coming in late means everyone else has said my salient points.

 

I'll only add, the train wreck is gathering momentum, the engineer has put on his blindfold and crossed his fingers as he opens the throttle all the way--he's absolved himself of all responsibility, shifting the blame on a passenger.

 

I had been rooting for David to get himself together and become Twoey's boyfriend, now I'm thinking Twoey deserves much better.

 

More please my friend.

Thanks, CG!

 

The wreck is very near.

 

At this point, Twoey deserves better. If/When David recognizes that little fact might be an indication he's on the road to recovery.

 

But I think time is running out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/03/2016 12:05 AM, spikey582 said:

I agree with ColumbusGuy, most of the thoughts I've had this chapter have been well stated elsewhere. All I can really say is this chapter has made me sad. I think every character in this story disappoints me most of the time. Donny was one that I genuinely liked and in three short chapters he's about on par with Alex in my head, and that's saying something.

 

There is one thing that bothers me about the story, and I've made comments on it several times, and I'm still not sure if this is a case of David's perceptions of events being off or if things are really this bad. What's wrong with David's family? He's essentially freezing everyone but Tommy out at this point, but it's not like he doesn't have good reason to be. Their actions in the context of all that's been going on doesn't fit, unless they really don't care. If they really are planning a wedding, why would it be a huge secret from two members of the family? Why wouldn't they be included? It makes no sense. Why would his asking anger his sister? All their interactions, his father's complete aloofness, his aunt's mute homemaker act, just make no sense. The excuse earlier in the story was that psycho mom ruled the roost and basically drove the family apart. Now she's dead and gone, but the status quo has been maintained regardless. There's really no good explanation for why these people behave the way they do. Part of the problem is, there's never any kind of confrontation or really any sort of communication. My question is, why not? Will this weird family dynamic ever make any kind of sense? You'd think his son almost dying and on the verge of a mental breakdown while dealing with the ramifications of sexual abuse might cause his father some concern. But inexplicably, no.

 

Beyond all that, David is stupid. He goes in circles and never seems to make any progress. He is attracted to guys and it's all Twoey's fault. So we're literally right back to where we were in chapter 2 of the story, only now David has actually had sex with another guy and clearly enjoyed it. Not sure how I feel about that regression of his character. I guess we'll see what happens next.

Thanks, spikey! And also for your comments in the forum.

 

You might be on to something about David's perception of events. It seems strange that the decorating party lasted from morning to 6PM and David reported NO adult conversation. Eight hours with no talking?

 

Our boy is not stupid, he's in trouble.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/03/2016 07:14 AM, jess30519 said:

I found this chapter frustrating! But it was silly of me to think that David would suddenly see the light and alter his approach to life. He willingly falls back on the safe family Christmas traditions, and carries out his part in the silly gift-giving knowing that these won't require him to cross any of the boundaries he has set for himself. Then, when Donny, ably aided by little David, leads him into an act that can only be interpreted as gay, he rationalizes this outcome around until it isn't his fault at all, but Twoey's! Sigh.

 

Will he keep his promise to Ginny (and Twoey) to join them on Christmas Day? Of course he will - David keeps his word, at least. Should be a very interesting visit, and I can't wait to see what happens! Thanks, Skinny!

Thanks, jess!

 

This little cluster of chapters will be frustrating. He's about to crash. Things aren't going to make any sense to rational people.

 

Let's hope David will survive. It's not a given.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well crap.
I think David beaming Twoey at the end there is just more of him not fully accepting that he's gay. All this is hitting the guy from all angles, he's sinking and out of control and desperate. David at the best of times doesn't handle well. Blaming Twoey is natural cause Twoey to David started the ball rolling, in effect causing David to be where he is now.. Him and his green eyes.. Oops.

 

Everything else, the family... Just bugs me out. How does 1 person not freak out. I mean they are, but it's like stealth, David is a mess, the sister is maybe preggers and running off to get married, Tommy might be in his own bubble. In context, these kids have no model to pattern anything on. Not conflict, communication or life skills. There's no real emotional attachment to any parent or adult. It's a wonder they made it this far.

 

This was disturbing on so many levels and I'm sure it's getting worse.., I'm about to find out..

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well. David gave Donny what he wanted; Donny is becoming less attuned and attentive, more self absorbed. Perhaps it was always that way. Donny gave David say serious headache and a hangover. His first of the latter, but not the former. Oh yes, and David screwed a boy and enjoyed it. What a Christmas Eve. Of course, none of this is anyone's fault, except for David's abusers, and Donny, who appears to be a David-user. You are certainly giving David plenty to get torn up about, even as he masks as much of his inner torment with the trappings of the holiday. I still don't understand the Case of the Disappearing Adults, but I am trusting you to make all things clear in the end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/08/2016 11:03 AM, Defiance19 said:

Well crap.

I think David beaming Twoey at the end there is just more of him not fully accepting that he's gay. All this is hitting the guy from all angles, he's sinking and out of control and desperate. David at the best of times doesn't handle well. Blaming Twoey is natural cause Twoey to David started the ball rolling, in effect causing David to be where he is now.. Him and his green eyes.. Oops.

 

Everything else, the family... Just bugs me out. How does 1 person not freak out. I mean they are, but it's like stealth, David is a mess, the sister is maybe preggers and running off to get married, Tommy might be in his own bubble. In context, these kids have no model to pattern anything on. Not conflict, communication or life skills. There's no real emotional attachment to any parent or adult. It's a wonder they made it this far.

 

This was disturbing on so many levels and I'm sure it's getting worse.., I'm about to find out..

Thanks, Def!

 

Yes, the story is a little disturbing through he next few chapters, but as you've noted, David is falling apart.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/08/2016 11:53 PM, Parker Owens said:

Well. David gave Donny what he wanted; Donny is becoming less attuned and attentive, more self absorbed. Perhaps it was always that way. Donny gave David say serious headache and a hangover. His first of the latter, but not the former. Oh yes, and David screwed a boy and enjoyed it. What a Christmas Eve. Of course, none of this is anyone's fault, except for David's abusers, and Donny, who appears to be a David-user. You are certainly giving David plenty to get torn up about, even as he masks as much of his inner torment with the trappings of the holiday. I still don't understand the Case of the Disappearing Adults, but I am trusting you to make all things clear in the end.

Thanks, Parker!

 

Yes. It seems David's pile of angst is growing exponentially. We know there will be consequences, and the head pains should be a warning. Of course, David is a master at keeping a false outward appearance, and so no one will see it coming, least of all the adults (who almost are) in his life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I totally agree with Ron; if/when David and Twoey ever get together, David is going to regret the fact that Twoey wasn't his first. I'm sure Twoey will regret the fact that he gave his virginity to that control freak Erik.

 

I also would have liked the gang to have gotten together and exchanged the gag gifts. Maybe in the next chapter the gang's pov will tell of the gift giving.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/14/2016 12:24 PM, Lisa said:

I totally agree with Ron; if/when David and Twoey ever get together, David is going to regret the fact that Twoey wasn't his first. I'm sure Twoey will regret the fact that he gave his virginity to that control freak Erik.

 

I also would have liked the gang to have gotten together and exchanged the gag gifts. Maybe in the next chapter the gang's pov will tell of the gift giving.

Thanks, Lisa!

 

About the silly gifts: I think David was just going through the motions, maybe feeling safe in the tradition. He gave short shrift in his description because he had other things to worry about. He's about ready to lose it. :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..