Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,951 Words
  • 4,257 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 23. Week Four Tuesday September 23, 2014: Doctor Know

Twoey was quiet during our run. Even Gary couldn't rile him up. I decided to dress up a little less for school today.

A simple white V-neck T with grey skinny-jeans and blue/white Nike's was all. I had to wear my navy hoodie because it's a little heavier. It's almost October!! Danny was like rubbing my back during the whole walk to school to warm me up.

In math, Kathy said she was picking up the dress she had bought, after school. I guess they're driving up to Syracuse. She’ll send me the picture and I can shop maybe this weekend sometime. Homecoming Dance is October 4. I can tough it out, I guess. It’s less than two weeks. then it’s over! We’re done. Hello Lanni! And there's no XCountry race that weekend because of the big football homecoming game Friday night.

At Lunch Twoey sat next to Sam, making Matty sit between Twoey and me. I wonder why he did it? I looked across at Gary and his look told me he had no clue either. Anyway, it put Erik on the other side of me and he didn't look too thrilled, but he was across from Danny and they seemed to be having their own conversation. Twoey was having a conversation with Sam and Matty decided to be touchy-feely with me. Whatever. I'm not joining the wrestling team, even if he blows me. OMG where the hell did that come from? I have to wash out my mind with ...Lanni thoughts.

Soooo... I've been holding back the big news.

After school I wandered back to the guidance office to meet this Snowbridge dude. The secretary said to sit and wait a few minutes. I saw a Dr. Snowbridge sign on the door, but it's like a computer printed sign instead of those etched plastic thingies all the guidance counselors have.

When she said to go in, I opened the door and this lady is standing there and she looks very familiar. Suddenly I realized it's Twoey's mother! I only met her twice, I think. I figured she must be the guy's private secretary or something. I looked around but she was the only one in the room.

She was startled.

I was confused.

“Mrs. Messer??? Where's Dr. Snowbridge?”

And she completely floors me with, “Hi David, I'm Dr. Snowbridge. I use my maiden name for my professional work and books. But I didn't realize the David Megal in the appointment book was you!”

I go, “Umm... this is weird. I feel uncomfortable.”

And she says, “I know! If I knew it was you, I'd have done something about it. It’s not customary to see someone I know, even though we don't really know each other. But you're a friend of my son. If you tell me why you're here, I can better recommend someone else. But you don't have to tell me. Of course, you realize I would never tell anyone, especially Michael.”

I thought it over but not for too long, and said, “Well it's no big secret. I was in a fight last week and in the fight and few other situations I've sort of lost my cool and did stuff without realizing what I did! I mean, I did realize what I did when I told my pastor he didn't know crap... er, sorry. Anyway, I know you don't know me, but I’m usually calm and think through every situation. Lately I feel a little out of whack. I’m reacting without thinking. Like I broke my phone Sunday night when I threw it at the wall because I was frustrated. I was wondering if it was normal teenage hormones working on me or if maybe there was something else going on. I don't fight and I don't sass my elders. This really isn't me. I end up spending half my time apologizing for my actions!”

“Well, okay, I see what you're worried about. And no, I think it's more than teenage hormones. Let me recommend Dr. Keating. He’s very good with adolescent problems and his office is right downtown. Here’s his card. Have your parents call him and make an appointment. I think you should see him. He’ll help find out what's really bothering you and causing this aggressive behavior. And David, I want you to know I think it's very mature of you to have realized you should seek help.”

I took the card but knew it was a dead-end. No way was I gonna convince Tommy's mother to let me see a shrink ...no fucking way. You see, some of the Soldiers of Satan Pastor Johnson usually rants about are sicky-ologists.

Anyway, since I was there and she had the time scheduled for me, she asked if I wanted to talk to her in general. I sat down and we talked about Twoey (Michael) and she even told me how he got the nickname. I guess his best friend in Syracuse since he was little also was a Michael and since they were always together they got called Mike1 and Mike2, which got shortened to Twoey which is kinda funny. Remembering what Sam told me, I asked if they were like so inseparable, how come Twoey never mentions him to us guys? Doesn't he still stay in contact? And she said the boys kinda had a falling-out right before they moved here and there hasn't been any contact since!

Of course, the serious shit Sam was talking about! What a bummer. It would be like Gary and me suddenly not talking to each other! Hehe ...of course we don't have to talk with each other to know what the other one is thinking, but you know what I mean. Sam was right. It sorta upset me. I can't even imagine it ever happening. What could Gary possibly do to make me drop him as a friend?

Anyway I talked about Kathy and the Homecoming Dance and how we were trying to find out who the girl was Twoey was secretly seeing. She looked amused but didn't give me any hints! I like her for keeping Twoey's secrets! Can you imagine Tommy's gossiping cow of a mother ever keeping even ONE secret about me??? HA!!!

Later, I wasted a whole two hours getting a new phone at the Verizon store. I have a wonderful and understanding Grampa and those fucking Fates must have decided to back off a bit, because the girl at Verizon was able to copy all my shit from the old phone for me! I almost opted for Kory’s tonight, but then remembered what I had to do, even though it was pointless.

Later at home, as dinner was winding down, I subtly mentioned to my father the school psychologist wanted me to see this Dr. Keating in town. It got very quiet. I glanced over to Liz then Tommy and even they didn't roll their eyes like usual, but stared blankly ahead. My father got out only three words, “Well, if he...” and was immediately cut off by Tommy's mother going into the expected frenzy! I simply smiled and tuned her out. I'm getting better at it. I mean I SO knew this was gonna happen ...right??

Well there goes my little secret! I'm sure by 8:30 tonight, everybody she knows is gonna think I'm crazy because I need to see a shrink!!

I went to my room and read more Catch-22 and later (sigh) Kathy talked at me for a couple of hours.

Twoey

I didn't say much during the run this morning, even though Gary was trying his best to needle me about my secret girlfriend ...Jeez!

But while he was doing his thing, I was thinking. I decided since Sam knows everything that's going on around the school, he’ll know what girl might be not going with anybody and might need a date to the dance.

At lunch I sat next to Sam and quizzed him a bit. I told him I wanted to ask someone to the dance, but since I didn't know anyone’s background, I didn't want to embarrass myself by asking a girl who was going with some football player or something. He chuckled ...but in a few minutes he slipped me a list of ten girls. TEN!! He whispered to me these girls were all single and were worthy of me. Worthy of me??? He whispered I'm like the hot topic among the girls and they all think I’m prime beef. Sam’s too funny! What a way with words. But seriously?

As I rechecked the list I noticed he had a star by one of the names. I asked, “What gives with this one with the star?”

He winked and wouldn’t say another word, except, “I only make the lists.”

Anyway, I looked over the list and found a couple girls who are in some of my classes including the star girl, whose in English with me. Tomorrow, this prime beef is gonna ask one of those lucky ladies to the dance! Maybe it’ll keep Gary off my case!

In the meantime, Matty sat with me to watch the XCountry practice. No David!! I was wondering what happened to him. During the away part of the practice, Matty and I also practiced ...our jack-off techniques in the cubby hole. It was too cold for taking clothes off. On the walk home Gary said David had a doctor's appointment and it’s why he wasn’t at practice.

Mom was interrogating me at dinner. She asked about Blondie and said she heard he was in a fight. She looked right at me and said, “Wasn’t it was the same day you got a split lip! Did Blondie hit you?” I had never told her anything about a fight, only about a disagreement with the drinking fountain. Well now I knew my little secret was dead. Might as well tell her everything.

I told her about the lunch tray collision and how I stood up and tried to get between the guys, since one was my friend. I told her the football player pushed me but accidentally hit me with his ring and split my lip (at least the basic story was true, I was praying she wouldn't nail me for the omissions). I told her David jumped up and basically beat the shit out of the football player and we couldn’t get him off until some big fullback whose dating David's sister easily picked him up like he was a feather, but calmed him down. I also told her David was suspended all week. I didn’t omit the fact yesterday he went over to the football lunch table and made sure he apologized to all of them.

I looked down at my plate hoping I went over my little white lie fast enough for her not to catch it. And I was surprised she didn't say anything about it.

“You should have told me about the fight since it involved one of your close friends.” She added, “He beat up a football player?”

I chuckled, “Yeah he was really something ...I never suspected he could be violent ...but the guys did tell me he beat up a kid a few years ago who was bullying Sam. Gary says he only gets like that to protect his friends.”

She looked at me. “Who was he protecting?”

I know I turned deep red because I could feel my temperature going way up. “I think he saw my split lip when I crashed down onto the lunch table and thought the football player hit me.”

All she said was “Oh.”

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another grand chapter, SD. This is a most enjoyable story; fun to watch it unfold. As long as David can pass off the shrink as 'anger management' he could probably get away without too much drama and fuss. It may even toughen his image, some. Interesting to listen to his private thoughts concerning Twoey and Sam; and of course about how little he suspects about what Gary is trying to do. Wonder what Twoey the 'prime beef' is in for when he asks someone to the dance. Dances have a way of turning dramatic sometimes. Many thanks for this. Now hungering for another helping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK: the good news (and I hope I didn't miss someone else noticing this since it's kind of obvious) is that if there are really 18 weeks of Twoey this means we can look forward to 126 chapters in all, which is great, since I love this story.
But: I do have one question. In real life, has anyone ever been as clueless as David? I mean clueless about everything going on in his personal life, how other people relate to him, what his own feelings and motives are, what is likely to happen? Like he will just be able to break up with Kathy right after the dance (unless she asks him to marry him first :))? Or how the guys are "just" trying to get him to join the wrestling team and that is why they are all over him like a cheap suit? OK, poetic license. But could we have just a little bit of reality check here, now and then? Just a tiny little bit?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Goddamn, Skinny! When are you coming back from Michigan already? I'm all caught up and craving more!!!!!!

 

David is so clueless. Ok, so now Kathy bought a purple dress, so of COURSE he can't break up with her NOW! lol Omg! Like CLS said, I don't even think he'd break up with her if she asked him to marry her!!! lol

 

And the wrestling team all over him -- he sure doesn't seem to mind when Matty or Danny are all over him! lol

 

Too bad Dr. Mom was so professional, not wanting to discuss things at length with David. Oh, and I thought his last name was Mengal, not Megal, but I could be wrong. I was too lazy to check...

 

Another awesome three (or four) chapters, Skinny! Now HURRY BACK GODDAMMIT!!!!! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/15/2015 12:47 AM, Parker Owens said:

Another grand chapter, SD. This is a most enjoyable story; fun to watch it unfold. As long as David can pass off the shrink as 'anger management' he could probably get away without too much drama and fuss. It may even toughen his image, some. Interesting to listen to his private thoughts concerning Twoey and Sam; and of course about how little he suspects about what Gary is trying to do. Wonder what Twoey the 'prime beef' is in for when he asks someone to the dance. Dances have a way of turning dramatic sometimes. Many thanks for this. Now hungering for another helping.

Thanks for the review Parker!

You're right, things are getting complicated. And then the dance...haha. Wait'll we find out who is the lucky girl Twoey actually asks!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/15/2015 01:28 PM, CLS said:

OK: the good news (and I hope I didn't miss someone else noticing this since it's kind of obvious) is that if there are really 18 weeks of Twoey this means we can look forward to 126 chapters in all, which is great, since I love this story.

But: I do have one question. In real life, has anyone ever been as clueless as David? I mean clueless about everything going on in his personal life, how other people relate to him, what his own feelings and motives are, what is likely to happen? Like he will just be able to break up with Kathy right after the dance (unless she asks him to marry him first :))? Or how the guys are "just" trying to get him to join the wrestling team and that is why they are all over him like a cheap suit? OK, poetic license. But could we have just a little bit of reality check here, now and then? Just a tiny little bit?

Thanks for the review and concerns CLS!

Yes, 122 chapters thru New Year's Eve. Yikes!

David does seem a touch naive about stuff doesn't he. Well, he's gonna toughen up at some point so I guess we'll have to be patient. Also, all the pieces aren't on the board yet ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/17/2015 04:21 AM, Lisa said:

Goddamn, Skinny! When are you coming back from Michigan already? I'm all caught up and craving more!!!!!!

 

David is so clueless. Ok, so now Kathy bought a purple dress, so of COURSE he can't break up with her NOW! lol Omg! Like CLS said, I don't even think he'd break up with her if she asked him to marry her!!! lol

 

And the wrestling team all over him -- he sure doesn't seem to mind when Matty or Danny are all over him! lol

 

Too bad Dr. Mom was so professional, not wanting to discuss things at length with David. Oh, and I thought his last name was Mengal, not Megal, but I could be wrong. I was too lazy to check...

 

Another awesome three (or four) chapters, Skinny! Now HURRY BACK GODDAMMIT!!!!! :D

Thanks for the review Lisa!

And I'm back.

Kathy asking David to marry her is a startling vision! Haha ...I wonder how he'd react or what excuse he's find to say "Gosh, I guess I've gotta do it." :)

I agree about Dr. Mom. David doesn't appear to be able to get the help he needs ...at least not yet.

I think the new chapter is scheduled to post within a couple of hours.

Now I have to catch up on MY reading, which will take me about 24 straight hours. Good thing no work until Monday.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Tommy's mother was really dismissive of the psych referral. Especially after David got into that fight. She really is a faithful disciple for the good pastor. David may be right to be worried.

 

I can just imagine Twoey's mom putting it all together in that single 'Oh'.
I wonder who the lucky starred girl is. Wouldn't it be interesting if it were Lanni? Oh the drama...
On to the next..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/18/2015 02:27 AM, Defiance19 said:

Tommy's mother was really dismissive of the psych referral. Especially after David got into that fight. She really is a faithful disciple for the good pastor. David may be right to be worried.

 

I can just imagine Twoey's mom putting it all together in that single 'Oh'.

I wonder who the lucky starred girl is. Wouldn't it be interesting if it were Lanni? Oh the drama...

On to the next..

Thanks for the review Defiance!

You're correct about the religious connection. David might not be worried enough!

Twoey's mom is in an interesting position, isn't she?

Good guess on the girl with a star ...haha! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..