Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 967 Words
  • 3,836 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 29. Week Five Monday September 29, 2014: Riddles

We need to stay together as a gang.

Ten o’clock, we gathered at Nels's house. Finally there were some leads. Sam had friends who knew one of the responding EMTs. He said the boy who was alive had a bullet wound in his neck, lost tons of blood and isn't expected to live. He said bullet wounds of the neck are almost always fatal. The dead boy was shot in the head and the man was also shot in the head, but his looked like a suicide.

We spent most of the next few hours trying to come up with scenarios which fit the meager facts we were now privy to. There were several possibilities, but nothing really made much sense, except Twoey's life was hanging by a narrow thread. I know he's gonna die. Every one of us knows it too.

According to Nels, Lanni is totally freaked. I hope Deena sees her through this. Poor girl, only one friend and never a boyfriend and now this happens as soon as she gets one. I’ll bet she becomes gun-shy of boys for a while.

We decided to all attend school tomorrow. The funeral for Danny and his father is set for Thursday morning. We obviously won't go to school Thursday. I'm sure there’ll be lots more who will ditch to attend the funeral. It'll be a sad Homecoming Game on Friday and an even sadder Homecoming Dance on Saturday!

I feel the need to attend both. In fact, I’m certain of it! If you stay in grief-paralysis too long, you never move on.

Nels’s mom brought us food for lunch. I couldn’t eat. The thought of food makes me nauseous. I was only able to take a few bites of an apple. I guess this agonizing heartbreak didn’t bother the appetite of the other three though. They munched away and each drank a bottle of soda. At least Nels’s mom knew to bring me a bottle of water. She’s a very nice mom.

It seems I drew the short straw when it came to moms.

As we were leaving Nels’s at about 3, Sam asked me to come over to his house for a few minutes because he found the book I was looking for. I knew it was code for ‘I want to tell you something in private.’ After walking over to his house, we sat on his bed.

I begged him not to get food for me. He shrugged and agreed, I guess. Instead, as is usual ...he offered me a doobie. And as is usual ...I turned him down.

Sam chuckled and said, “One day it’ll happen. Then you’ll curse yourself for all the good times you missed.”

“Please don’t tell me you got me over here for this. You must have something else to tell me.”

“Yeah there is. There's one other bit of information you should know, David. This might come out later or it might not, but you should know.” I couldn’t even guess.

“When the EMTs arrived , Mr. McCane’s body was in full uniform, even with white gloves.” I still had no idea where he was going with it.

“Danny and Twoey though, well they didn't have anything on.”

I didn't quite understand. “What do you mean?”

“David, they were naked. They were both naked!” It finally hit me.

“OMG, you mean...”

“Well I don't want it to mean anything. Those are simply the facts of the situation. But it might better explain whatever Danny's father did. You know how he was.”

“But would he shoot his own son?? I can't believe it Sam, I'm sorry.”

“Yeah, it sorta bothers me too. We don't really know what happened, but I wanted you to be ready if this becomes public.”

“Sam, why me?”

He looked at me, right into my eyes, like he could read my mind. “C'mon David, I'm not stupid.”

I was too bewildered to think! I thanked Sam for the info and wandered home like a zombie. Maybe my lack of sleep was catching up with me. My mind stopped processing everything. In fact, I did crash and sleep right through till morning.

Twoey

We were deeply lost in each other's eyes. Every so often we'd share a gentle kiss, or even a soft hug. I said, “I've never been in love before. This is almost too much for me.” A tear drifted down my cheek, a happy tear.

Danny brushed it away and kissed me again. “Me either, Twoey. At first when I felt it grabbing-stabbing at me I tried to stay away from you, hoping the feeling would go away. But it only got stronger. Now I've abandoned all resistance. I am forever yours.”

We kissed again and he caressed my arms as we lay on the simple bed with a bright white sheet. Danny placed his hands on my cheeks and gave me a stronger kiss which we held for ...it seemed like an eternity.

“Don't ever forget me, green eyes.” He kissed each eye. “You'll have another true love, but you'll have to fight to win him. If you’re strong, and do it right, you’ll spend the rest of your life with him.”

He got very serious. “But it hasn’t been written yet!

Brushing my cheek, he continued. “It won’t happen if you don’t battle to make it happen! I’m afraid you have a lot of work ahead for you. But never forget me, your first, who will always love only you.”

Those words didn't make sense to me. I couldn’t quite grasp their meaning and was about to ask Danny, when I saw him slowly dissolve right before my eyes and then fade into nothing.

I was left alone on the bed with the bright white sheet.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

SD, Sam is such a wise person, aware of all the nuances around him and his friends...I admire him for trying to enlighten his friends, but they are so out of touch it's unreal. They see only what they want to see, and David is so far into denial that he doesn't put things together eve nwhen they are spelled out for him. I think even if he were to get counselling, it wouldn't do any good.
I had tissues ready when Danny spoke to Twoey--I hope he gives up this idea of dating Lanni and decides to come out to his friends. If they are truly his friends it won't matter...,
Next chapter please, my friend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/29/2015 09:13 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

SD, Sam is such a wise person, aware of all the nuances around him and his friends...I admire him for trying to enlighten his friends, but they are so out of touch it's unreal. They see only what they want to see, and David is so far into denial that he doesn't put things together eve nwhen they are spelled out for him. I think even if he were to get counselling, it wouldn't do any good.

I had tissues ready when Danny spoke to Twoey--I hope he gives up this idea of dating Lanni and decides to come out to his friends. If they are truly his friends it won't matter...,

Next chapter please, my friend!

Thanks for the great review CG!

Maybe Sam's smoking makes him so sensitive ...haha

 

Danny gave Twoey something to rebuild with. We can only hope he will use it. I think Danny needs to work with David, but y'know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

David now gets to stew for a while; maybe a long while. Twoey - well when he wakes up (assuming he does), life is going to be very, very hard. Still wonder about how David is going to deal with him in the aftermath. And where is the media circus in all this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/30/2015 03:31 AM, Parker Owens said:

David now gets to stew for a while; maybe a long while. Twoey - well when he wakes up (assuming he does), life is going to be very, very hard. Still wonder about how David is going to deal with him in the aftermath. And where is the media circus in all this?

Thanks for the comments/questions Parker!

There will be no media circus (Ch. 30 for that)

David is entering terra incognito (Ch. 32, the beginning of Part 2 for that.)

in other words no spoilers ...hehe. These few chapters are to short for that!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The good news is, from the way Danny was talking to Twoey, Twoey will make it! :) And as Parker already stated, Twoey will have a long, hard road in front of him.Shit. He was shot in the neck. You're not going to save his life only to leave him paralyzed, are you, Skinny? Twoey's mom is probably freaking out right now.

 

Sam is one smart cookie. :P

 

Now hurry up with the next chapter, Skinny!!!! I need to know what's going to happen!!!! :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/31/2015 03:53 PM, Lisa said:

The good news is, from the way Danny was talking to Twoey, Twoey will make it! :) And as Parker already stated, Twoey will have a long, hard road in front of him.Shit. He was shot in the neck. You're not going to save his life only to leave him paralyzed, are you, Skinny? Twoey's mom is probably freaking out right now.

 

Sam is one smart cookie. :P

 

Now hurry up with the next chapter, Skinny!!!! I need to know what's going to happen!!!! :P

Thanks for the comments Lisa!

These 4 chapters (28-31) are the intermezzo before Part 2 begins (Ch 32).

Sam is, in a way, David's court jester. He exposes David to the truth, when he feels the need. He's not gay, but he is devoted to David unlike any of David's other friends. I hope David can repay him one day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okay, so maybe don't put away the tissue box just yet. Twoey's conversation with Danny was downright sad. Damn it SkinnyD.

Sam is proving once again that he is not unaware of what is going on with his friends. He is slowly shaking David's consciousness awake. That may be a good thing David might need him to talk to in the future perhaps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/06/2015 05:07 AM, Defiance19 said:

Okay, so maybe don't put away the tissue box just yet. Twoey's conversation with Danny was downright sad. Damn it SkinnyD.

Sam is proving once again that he is not unaware of what is going on with his friends. He is slowly shaking David's consciousness awake. That may be a good thing David might need him to talk to in the future perhaps.

Thank you for your comments Defiance!

 

The Danny/Twoey conversation will be the necessary impetus for Twoey, but only after he betrays it for a while.

 

Sam is very in tune with his friend David, more so than David himself.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..