Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,679 Words
  • 4,039 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 76. Week Eleven Saturday, November 15, 2014: Consequences

strong>Warning: Description of violence.

O God, what mischiefs work the wicked ones

 

H.VI / 2 - WS

 

 

***

The morning broke as ominous as fuck.

Gloomy and gray, chilly and windy, unsettled and troubling. I should have sensed it. I should have remained home and meditated. But I was stupid. I threw on some warm clothes, grabbed a piece of toast, wore a heavier jacket and some gloves, tossed on my backpack containing only the camera, Catcher in the Rye and a small pad, heading out at about eight to Mrs. Zimmerman’s apartment. It was Saturday and I figured I could be on an all-day stakeout. I would finish the English assigned reading and associated essay at the very least. Maybe I'd be able to grab one more picture. With the flash yesterday, I knew it would be unlikely he'd be there today, but the rear parking lot was protected from the neighboring apartments as well as the wind, and I could bring my bike back there too. I intended to have both a morning and an afternoon shift, just going to Kory’s for lunch and to warm up.

It didn’t work out that way.

 

Mike

Alan and I arrived a little after 10. We could see Gary pacing. He was waiting impatiently for us to get off the bus. When he greeted us I could tell he was happy we were there. I asked him if there was a place we could talk and he walked us a couple blocks to a little diner. On the way, we caught up on our lives, girlfriends and sports . Alan and Gary really do hit it off so well. It’s too bad we live far apart. Those two could easily become close friends. I thought so when he came up to Syracuse, but could recognize it all the more this morning.

When we got there, none of us was hungry, so instead we got seated and ordered some coffee for me and sodas for the other two. When the drinks arrived, I sensed it was time to break with the small talk.

“Gary, we need to talk about David. What the fuck is going on with your buddy?”

He didn't smirk and he didn't get pissed at my sorta blunt question. Instead he got a very concerned look on his face. Gary has a very readable face.

“I have no idea and it's worrying the hell out of me. He's all but shut everyone out. He doesn't even have the quirky look in his eyes I've known since we were little kids. Something's seriously wrong and I can't penetrate him to find out. All his friends are worried. But he seems to be functioning in school. What little we can get from his classmates, he's even more involved than usual, and he's always been a straight A student. I can't ever remember him getting anything but an A in everything, even back in grade school. But he doesn't walk to school with his close friends anymore and doesn't sit with us at lunch ...in fact he's never even in the lunchroom. No one knows where he spends all his time or sees him anywhere around town, although some geeky kid called Randy did say he's met him here at Kory's a couple of times. I know he doesn't tutor Twoey anymore cuz I've talked to Twoey. This is simply not like the David I've known all my life. I've been worrying that maybe he's suffering from some kind of stress breakdown or something. Maybe it's a delayed reaction to Danny's shooting ...I don't know, that was quite a while ago. We just can't figure it out.”

As I've learned, this is the way Gary talks …run-on ideas and sometimes things which don't even make sense together. But he's worried. No fucking doubt about it.

“What did he say when you asked him about it. I mean you guys are tight.”

“Well, we always have a lot of respect for each other's privacy. If I'm pissed or struggling with something, he backs off until I'm ready to talk to him about it. Sort of when I have it mostly figured out. I'm the same with him. It's always been this way between us. And I do know he's got a serious family crisis going on. That much he did tell me. And he’s always fighting with the pastor of his church. But nothing has gone on this long or been this weird before. And, I'm sorry to admit even to myself, I've been a little preoccupied with my girlfriend when we can find some time to be alone, if you get my drift. I hope he’s not suffering the consequences of me not paying closer attention. In fact, I was about to confront him this weekend when I got your call. I was hoping maybe you had an angle through something Twoey might have said to you.”

“No, in fact I called Twoey a few days ago for the first time in a long time and he totally broke down over the phone. I guess David told him he wouldn't be stopping over there anymore. They were pretty close, you know.”

Gary's eyes shot up. “What do you mean by pretty close?”

Oh shit. Gary has no idea. I better be careful what I say.

“You know, since the shooting. I guess David helped Twoey walk through of some pretty traumatic flashbacks and shit. That's got to bring people close. Then to have one of them say, so long ...have a good life is sorta emotionally wrenching or something. Anyway, it's got Twoey in a depressed state, which is definitely not good for his ultimate recovery from something like a shooting.”

“Oh yeah, I get it. Well what do you thing we should do?”

“Why don't the three of us pay David a visit and tell him how this is affecting Twoey. If we lay it out like that, it's got to have some impact on him. I know he wants Twoey to heal. Maybe he'll say something that'll let you figure out what's going on, since you know him so well. And we're not strangers either. You guys came up to Syracuse to visit us, and all.”

Gary thought for a minute. He was really conflicted over something. Finally he started speaking slowly.

“It's not the way we usually work together, but I think you're right. There is something way deeper going on here. Something we don’t understand. I gotta agree with you. Look, it's Saturday morning. He's probably home right now. Maybe we should walk over and have a talk. What do you think?”

Alan and I both jumped right in.

“Let's go!”

We paid our bill and headed out of the place called Kory's.

Everything is within walking distance in this little town. That's sorta nice. After about five minutes we were on Cherry Street. Gary pointed out his own house. We took only two more steps down the street when we came to an abrupt halt.

 

David2

My mind wasn’t really on anything in particular when I turned on to Teasdale Street, where Mrs. Zimmerman’s apartment is located. It was early, the sun had been up for a little but it was cloudy and sorta dark. I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings or anything, but I should have been. I was on a mission and should have had all my senses heightened. But I didn’t and suffered the consequences.

As my bike wheeled toward the apartment, I saw that white van ahead pulling over in front of me. It startled me out of my daydream. Squeezing my brakes and veering, the bike started to skid just as I saw two people in hoodies come at me from between parked cars. I recognized it was Coulton who slammed into me hard and pushed me off my bike. The last thing I remembered was my head hitting the pavement.

Until...

Fuck! A sharp blow jolted me and pain shot through me. That woke me right up! My left side hurt badly now, just above my hips. I felt another sharp thud across my back, like someone hitting me with a bat, which is exactly what it was! At that point, I became aware of a person on my right side, holding me up by the armpit and shoulder. He immediately stepped aside as I regained my balance. It’s when I swiveled around to face my attackers.

“Finally your awake! I knew my little wake-up tap would do the job.”

I recognized Burch’s voice and saw I was in some kind of large room when suddenly someone I didn’t recognize took a hard swing at me. He connected so hard it pushed my body a foot or something. Fuck that hurt! I think he broke a rib. I could hardly breathe! As I twisted around in pain, I saw Coulton take a vicious swing with his bat. It hit me in the back of my legs, right behind my knees. Fuck! It dropped me right to the floor. Shit, that hurt like hell too! I was writhing about now, trying to slue around to get a better grasp on how many there were and who was the most dangerous.

Fuck! Someone hit me in the other side. It launched my body a foot or so the other way. That one caused a lot of pain and I lost my breath again. Another bat swung at me! I saw that one coming and I raised my left hand in defense, but a sharp pain shot through my fingers as the bat connected, then slid through to sink into my side. I think it broke my fingers!

I rolled over onto my stomach but cried out as two more blows smashed into my back, one from each side. I was in serious pain now. I think it was at this very moment I realized they were going to kill me. I had no doubt they were!

I distinctly remembered hearing a sneering laugh.

“This’ll beat the demon out of you.”

I turned my head enough to see Burch, evilly grinning and swinging his bat at me, full force! I turned my head quickly to avoid being smashed in the face.

I felt it hit.

Then nothing...

 

Alan

We had just walked by Gary’s house, which he pointed out. I think he was about to point out David’s house when we came to an abrupt halt.

A cop car pulled into a driveway ahead. We stopped when Gary said, “That’s David’s house.”

We watched a policeman knock on the side door, which was opened by a kid of maybe about 13. He turned toward the open door and screamed.

“Mom? ...MOM!!”

I’m sure people heard that last yell all the way back in Syracuse. Then a woman joined him at the door. The cop was talking to her when the kid yelled again.

“WHAT???”

“HOW IS HE???”

“WHERE IS HE???”

The cop said a few more things, then got back in his car and backed out. Mike and I were baffled and stood there stationary. Finally Gary broke the paralysis.

“Fuck! I’ve gotta find out what’s going on.”

He ran to the house. Mike and I followed him, but we walked, hanging back a bit.

Gary just walked right in!

We stopped by the door and waited. A few minutes later he came out with the younger kid.

“Let me call my father.”

Gary was on his phone.

“Dad, David’s father is at work and David’s been brought to the hospital. He’s been hurt real bad. The Megals can’t get there. OK. We’ll be right over.”

Gary told the kid to come with him to his house. Then he told me David was seriously beaten and was rescued from somewhere by the police. To say we were stunned only puts it mildly. I asked Gary how to get to Twoey's house, which turned out to be easy, it's just the next street over. I made Gary promise to text us the minute he knew anything.

After watching Gary, his father and the kid squeal away, Mike and I hiked over to the address Gary gave us for Twoey's house. There was no car in the driveway, but when we knocked Twoey answered, a little surprised to see us.

When Mike told him what happened, he just fell back against the wall and sobbed.

“I warned him! I told him this was too dangerous! Now they tried to kill him!”

I couldn’t process what he said.

“Tried to kill him? Twoey, what the fuck is going on?”

 

Sam

I got a text from Twoey:

< David was beaten. We don't know his condition yet, but it’s bad. I'll text you when I find out. They’re going to kill him Sam. >

Of course, I already knew what happened, just not the extent of the damage. I walked over to open my desk drawer and pull out the manila folder. I remembered his words.

You'll know if you need to use this.”

Now I understood what he meant. He knew exactly how dangerous this was. And I know exactly what's in here. You better fucking believe I'll use it if I need to.

 

Alan

After about two hours I finally got a text from Gary saying David had a concussion and some cracked ribs and lots of other injuries and was in the ICU. Of course, Twoey wanted to go right to the hospital but his mom was still out grocery shopping. I tried to calm him down telling him only family was going to be allowed in ICU. He was a real basket case by then. I pulled Mike aside and, after he said it was OK, I told Twoey we'd stay with him tonight and go home Sunday.

When his mother finally came home, she seemed really shaken by the news. I guess he’s been over here an awful lot and she’s sort of grown to like him. After dinner, Twoey texted David’s brother, the kid we saw with the big voice. I guess his name is Tommy.

Tommy said his Dad finally got there about one-thirty and the two of them are staying till late at the hospital. Then Twoey told us the oddest thing. Tommy said his Mother never came to the hospital. It’s something I couldn’t wrap my mind around. If it were me, you wouldn’t have been able to pry my mother out of that hospital!

But then it got even weirder.

Gary came over when he found out we were still at Twoey’s. We were all sitting in the living room, even Twoey’s mom. You could see he was holding something in. Gary is easy to read. Finally, when he couldn’t keep it to himself any longer, he blurted it out.

“You guys aren’t gonna believe this. When David’s father got there, he was alone. Dad and I were about to leave cuz we’re not family. There wasn’t much information anyway. As soon as we found he was gonna survive, we figured it would be better to be refreshed in case we were needed tomorrow. We noticed David’s mother didn’t arrive with his father.”

Gary got this real strange look on his face.

“ Well, Dad called my mother. He asked her to go over to ask David’s mother if she needed a ride to the hospital. We were on our way home, being useless with him in ICU, and figured we could pick her up and deliver her to the hospital since she doesn’t drive. My mother was about to walk out the door when she saw David’s mother get into a big Explorer. When she saw some guy throw a suitcase in the back, she figured it was David’s stuff and they were on their way to the hospital. But according to Tommy, she never showed.”

That’s when Twoey’s mom dropped her head into her hands.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ugh, you're killing me! Can't wait to see where things are going... poor David and Twoey just can't catch a break... :-(

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thaks skinnyD!

 

Oooof ... no laughs in this chapter, though the yell heard in Syracuse certainly made me smile ...

 

I'm glad David is alive, at least one of him. Hopefully we are done with the boy who looks like Tommy's brother.

 

I guess Sam will have to fill in for Vladimir. Between Mike, Allan, Sam, and G2, I hope they can stave off PPF and its minions. Hint, as much as D2 is a bad idea, G2 is all but required.

 

Tommy, I think it's time to learn some vodoo. Go find the doll for that woman who lived in your brother's house. Summon the gods of war.

 

Urg! I promised myself no more "18 weeks" at bedtime after last PPF dream ...

 

Off to dreaded dragon dreams ... sleep tight all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ok so, glad to see my prediction was somewhat correct "super stealthy ninja" Nega David who completely isolated himself from his friends and family became an easy target for the creepy white van full of these whackos from this cult his mom forces them to participate in. Oddly enough this hit was coming before he started his full time campaign against PPF.

 

All I can say is, the time for silly fucking games is past, David is lucky to still be breathing. It's time for people to start communicating and helping each other. Twoey or Sam or somebody needs to do something. And fucking dad needs to get his ass out of work and see to his goddamn family already. Where did the woman who lives in David's house run off to?

 

It would be so easy to bring this whacko Jonesboro-esque church to its knees with the pictures they have on PPF and the married women he's fucking. I personally think the time for subtle measures is past. They're beating David with baseball bats, he and his friends need to get extremely blunt with these assholes.

 

Ok end of rant. Another infuriating chapter dragon!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter!
So much for David2 and his ideas of being a ninja and catching Burch in his littler church wives game. Get sloppy and sometimes you end up catching shit.
Honestly, I think it's high time for David to come back in the picture and get his act together. This is an adult game and they're willing to play for keeps. Hopefully, the police caught some of the perps, although it looks like Burch got away, but where can he go? Where indeed? Only you know skinnyD and we need to find out!
Keep the chapters coming. And get some help for David. Maybe it's time for Sam to get that envelope over to David's dad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2016 01:33 PM, Lux Apollo said:

Ugh, you're killing me! Can't wait to see where things are going... poor David and Twoey just can't catch a break... :-(

Hey lux!

 

Yeah, not a good day for David and Twoey. Maybe things will get better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2016 02:58 PM, said:

Thaks skinnyD!

 

Oooof ... no laughs in this chapter, though the yell heard in Syracuse certainly made me smile ...

 

I'm glad David is alive, at least one of him. Hopefully we are done with the boy who looks like Tommy's brother.

 

I guess Sam will have to fill in for Vladimir. Between Mike, Allan, Sam, and G2, I hope they can stave off PPF and its minions. Hint, as much as D2 is a bad idea, G2 is all but required.

 

Tommy, I think it's time to learn some vodoo. Go find the doll for that woman who lived in your brother's house. Summon the gods of war.

 

Urg! I promised myself no more "18 weeks" at bedtime after last PPF dream ...

 

Off to dreaded dragon dreams ... sleep tight all!

Thanks oxala.

 

Probably not the right chapter to read before bedtime. D2 should probably vanish now. His job is done, he got David beaten badly. Yikes.

 

G2 -- God I think everyone has HAD it with the '2s' by now.

 

It's time for the real battle. Alex vs. Valkyrie. A little mud wrestling always lifts the spirits.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2016 03:14 PM, spikey582 said:

Ok so, glad to see my prediction was somewhat correct "super stealthy ninja" Nega David who completely isolated himself from his friends and family became an easy target for the creepy white van full of these whackos from this cult his mom forces them to participate in. Oddly enough this hit was coming before he started his full time campaign against PPF.

 

All I can say is, the time for silly fucking games is past, David is lucky to still be breathing. It's time for people to start communicating and helping each other. Twoey or Sam or somebody needs to do something. And fucking dad needs to get his ass out of work and see to his goddamn family already. Where did the woman who lives in David's house run off to?

 

It would be so easy to bring this whacko Jonesboro-esque church to its knees with the pictures they have on PPF and the married women he's fucking. I personally think the time for subtle measures is past. They're beating David with baseball bats, he and his friends need to get extremely blunt with these assholes.

 

Ok end of rant. Another infuriating chapter dragon!

Hey Spikey!

 

Yes you were pretty close. D2 sort of exposed himself to PPF at exactly the wrong time, since the van was already tracking him pretty closely. Everything converged sooner than he was ready.

 

As you'll soon discover, things took another twist just out of our view. And Sam already did something. He must have not been in his usual haze today. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2016 05:40 PM, CarlHoliday said:

Another great chapter!

So much for David2 and his ideas of being a ninja and catching Burch in his littler church wives game. Get sloppy and sometimes you end up catching shit.

Honestly, I think it's high time for David to come back in the picture and get his act together. This is an adult game and they're willing to play for keeps. Hopefully, the police caught some of the perps, although it looks like Burch got away, but where can he go? Where indeed? Only you know skinnyD and we need to find out!

Keep the chapters coming. And get some help for David. Maybe it's time for Sam to get that envelope over to David's dad.

Thanks for the review Carl!

 

Yes it's probably time for David to return. He probably can't take much more of being D2 anyway - physically. :)

 

Anyway he'll be on the DL for a while.

 

As for the pastor and the church, we'll need to wait a for the next chapter or two, :X

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/15/2016 01:59 AM, mitchelll said:

I was expecting something awful, but not this. SD, you always manage to surprise.

Hey Mitchelll !

Thanks for the comment.

 

David fell into something even he didn't envision, so yeah it was pretty awful.

 

Sometimes you need to be careful when you back a dangerous animal into a corner.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

David's stalking and guerilla war suddenly got him into a nuclear conflict. He is lucky to be alive. The evil, unhinged, and utterly unchristian nutcases who attacked David are very dangerous criminals. David knows who they are. Hope David's dad has called the police and the State Police Hate Crimes unit.

 

What a pity that this horrible attack is what was required to get David's father to pay attention. Tommy, Sam, and the gang of four may rally around – it appears they will. Twoey seems excluded when he's really the one David needs most. There are many possible directions for this story – but it would seem that whatever path it takes will have to go through Twoey. Perhaps he can return the meditative favor done by David to get inside David's brain and body and accelerate David's healing. Start meditating, Twoey!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, at least David is still alive; I was sure when Burch's last swing of the bat connected with his head that Twoey would be meeting up with him in that dream world staging area, trying desperately to talk him back down to the land of the living!

 

But it how did the police get alerted, and how did they know where to go to rescue David? Even if Sam were tracking the white van somehow he couldn't know it was taking David to be beaten senseless, maybe even killed. Sam was clearly on the case before Twoey's text message, perhaps he had a team already set up. Never know, with Sam! So much to speculate on, but we'll just have to wait as it all unfolds! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/15/2016 05:49 AM, Parker Owens said:

David's stalking and guerilla war suddenly got him into a nuclear conflict. He is lucky to be alive. The evil, unhinged, and utterly unchristian nutcases who attacked David are very dangerous criminals. David knows who they are. Hope David's dad has called the police and the State Police Hate Crimes unit.

 

What a pity that this horrible attack is what was required to get David's father to pay attention. Tommy, Sam, and the gang of four may rally around – it appears they will. Twoey seems excluded when he's really the one David needs most. There are many possible directions for this story – but it would seem that whatever path it takes will have to go through Twoey. Perhaps he can return the meditative favor done by David to get inside David's brain and body and accelerate David's healing. Start meditating, Twoey!

Thanks for the review and comments Parker!

 

David definitely was outmatched and outgunned in the conflict he assumed was solely with PPF. Assumptions like that can get you killed, and almost did. Luckily he had an agent even he was unaware of :X

 

The attack will leave our little hero mixed inside though but ready for his next trial.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/15/2016 08:07 AM, jess30519 said:

Wow, at least David is still alive; I was sure when Burch's last swing of the bat connected with his head that Twoey would be meeting up with him in that dream world staging area, trying desperately to talk him back down to the land of the living!

 

But it how did the police get alerted, and how did they know where to go to rescue David? Even if Sam were tracking the white van somehow he couldn't know it was taking David to be beaten senseless, maybe even killed. Sam was clearly on the case before Twoey's text message, perhaps he had a team already set up. Never know, with Sam! So much to speculate on, but we'll just have to wait as it all unfolds! Thanks, Skinny!

Hey jess! Thanks for the review and great questions.

 

:X

 

We'll need to read on to get answers.

 

But you are right in how close he came to joining Danny in whatever his little freckled face friend is up to up there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Aw Damn! A kidnapping, maybe a little roughing up I expected, but this brutal beating? And Burch? Didn't see that at all.. I hope the ass gets caught like yesterday..
I wonder who saw to call the cops and if they knew it was David.. Where does Martha live? Sam has the beat on the van, but what else does he know..

 

The woman who lives in David's house made a run for it huh.. I wondered before if she was actually capable of being part of a plot that hurt her son. I guess she is. And if she wasn't part of that plan, then she is running away to hide from being exposed as an PPF*ckee, even as her child lies severely beaten in ICU... Shameful, coward. I wish her hell..

 

Twoey, I think once all this settles down, will be in the unique position to be there for David as David was for him. I suspect to Ginny's role might even be bigger now too.. And poor Tommy.. Even when David heals physically, we'll have to worry about him mentally..
My thoughts are all over the place.. I hope this gets better soon...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/16/2016 10:11 PM, Defiance19 said:

Aw Damn! A kidnapping, maybe a little roughing up I expected, but this brutal beating? And Burch? Didn't see that at all.. I hope the ass gets caught like yesterday..

I wonder who saw to call the cops and if they knew it was David.. Where does Martha live? Sam has the beat on the van, but what else does he know..

 

The woman who lives in David's house made a run for it huh.. I wondered before if she was actually capable of being part of a plot that hurt her son. I guess she is. And if she wasn't part of that plan, then she is running away to hide from being exposed as an PPF*ckee, even as her child lies severely beaten in ICU... Shameful, coward. I wish her hell..

 

Twoey, I think once all this settles down, will be in the unique position to be there for David as David was for him. I suspect to Ginny's role might even be bigger now too.. And poor Tommy.. Even when David heals physically, we'll have to worry about him mentally..

My thoughts are all over the place.. I hope this gets better soon...

Thanks for the comments Def!

 

That WAS a bit over the top. Were they trying to beat the demon out of David, or did PPF only use it as an excuse to get two boys to actually kill David, to get him out of the way?

 

What if they did kill David? What would it have done to the boy's lives. How could they go forward with that memory haunting them.

 

The woman is a mystery. No description seems to fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, fuck.

 

I think I'm in shock. Burch is a mad, loco motherfucker. I can't wrap myself around the fact that he and Josiah (is that his first name?) fucking Coulton were actually trying to kill David with BATS!!!!! Are they INSANE????? Omg, who else was there?

 

Who tipped off the police? I'm confused by something that was written in Sam's pov: it was something like 'I knew what happened, but not the extent of the damages.'. Something similar. I knew he's been keeping his eye on that white van, but does he have any idea who was in it or where they took D2? Did HE call the cops? And thank God he was acting sober! lol Wouldn't help D2 if Sam was in his own little purple haze and couldn't help him.

 

Now, as for the woman who lives (lived) in David's house, may she burn in the deepest fires of hell, living in tortured mental and physical pain in the 'in between', not quite dead, but not quite alive. Hey, a girl can dream, right? :lol:

 

So...a Ford Explorer is an SUV. PPF has an SUV. Was it HIM who drove off with the woman who live(d) in David's house?

 

Omg, David. It's wonderful he's going to live, but will he remember what happened? He could have serious brain damage. His back could be broken; do you know how many times they hit him with BATS across his back?????? His legs could be broken also from when they SMASHED THEIR BATS behind his knees. The emotional and physical pain he will experience will be excruciating.

 

Oh, and where the fuck is his sister Liz????? Did she like fall off the planet or something? lol

 

Oh shit, Alex is going to have a FIT when she finds out her heartthrob crush is in the ICU.

 

Amazing chapter, Skinny! So many surprises in Skinnyland today! :P

 

Damn, I need to get to bed, but I want to read the next chapter...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2016 03:22 PM, Lisa said:

Well, fuck.

 

I think I'm in shock. Burch is a mad, loco motherfucker. I can't wrap myself around the fact that he and Josiah (is that his first name?) fucking Coulton were actually trying to kill David with BATS!!!!! Are they INSANE????? Omg, who else was there?

 

Who tipped off the police? I'm confused by something that was written in Sam's pov: it was something like 'I knew what happened, but not the extent of the damages.'. Something similar. I knew he's been keeping his eye on that white van, but does he have any idea who was in it or where they took D2? Did HE call the cops? And thank God he was acting sober! lol Wouldn't help D2 if Sam was in his own little purple haze and couldn't help him.

 

Now, as for the woman who lives (lived) in David's house, may she burn in the deepest fires of hell, living in tortured mental and physical pain in the 'in between', not quite dead, but not quite alive. Hey, a girl can dream, right? :lol:

 

So...a Ford Explorer is an SUV. PPF has an SUV. Was it HIM who drove off with the woman who live(d) in David's house?

 

Omg, David. It's wonderful he's going to live, but will he remember what happened? He could have serious brain damage. His back could be broken; do you know how many times they hit him with BATS across his back?????? His legs could be broken also from when they SMASHED THEIR BATS behind his knees. The emotional and physical pain he will experience will be excruciating.

 

Oh, and where the fuck is his sister Liz????? Did she like fall off the planet or something? lol

 

Oh shit, Alex is going to have a FIT when she finds out her heartthrob crush is in the ICU.

 

Amazing chapter, Skinny! So many surprises in Skinnyland today! :P

 

Damn, I need to get to bed, but I want to read the next chapter...

Thanks Lisa!

 

Yeah a lot in the chapter. About Sam, as you'll soon discover, he heard the report on the scanner - but jumped into action himself. And he was sober, but that's because of Gary, who saved his buddy without realizing it.

 

We're not quite sure about who MD left with but we can make an educated guess.

 

And yes, Alex has a fit - much to the consternation of a few reviewers ...hehe. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..