Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,675 Words
  • 3,725 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 78. Week Twelve Monday, November 17, 2014: Court Ball

Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.

- Robert Heinlein

 

***

 

Tommy

I was too upset to go to school today.  ;)

Aunt Sarah went to the hospital with my Dad. I decided to cash in on my good luck of an empty house to thoroughly explore his room.

Sounds terrible, right?

Well, you know normally I would never invade my brother's privacy. But remember, the kid who’s been here all week told me specifically he was not my brother. So I figured, he gave me permission ...right? I mean, it’s the same thing as far as I can see. The ball is now in my court. Call it Tommy Logic.

I’m glad I followed my logic. There was all kinds of weird shit in his room. So I followed more Tommy Logic and decided to get rid of everything that wasn't my real brother's. Crazy dolls and scary altars and devil pictures, all that crap got stripped from his room and packed into an old box. I was gonna take it out to the back yard and burn it. Thinking a little deeper, I decided to store it in the loft of the garage. I figured if my real brother comes back from the hospital he won't miss it. If the other kid comes back, I'll just tell the fucker where it is. He can put it back himself. Tommy Logic.

I was tempted to look on the computer, but I know it's my real brother's laptop, so I didn't even lift the lid. I had never noticed the ripped dollar and poem framed in the old CD case before. Even though it’s a fucking scary verse, I thought it might belong to my real brother too, so I left it. I mean, it’s not related to devils or sin, so I figured I got that right. I'll have to ask him about it when he comes back to me. Otherwise, I spent the rest of my “upset” day playing video games until about 3:00. It’s when I called my Dad to check on David. He said he was conscious off and on all day again, but in pain. The doctors are hopeful he'll be OK.

So that is sorta good news, right? Not him being in pain, but the doctors hopeful he’ll be all right. Realizing there were two guys who had to get that piece of news, I texted it to Twoey and Gary. You may find it strange I included Twoey, but I began warming up to him when I found out his friend from Syracuse came down to talk Gutless Gary into confronting my brother. No one else did that, so maybe I need to give Twoey another chance. I should probably apologize to the fucker sometime in the future too.

Liz hardly lives here anymore. She’s always at Greg’s. It’s getting lonely. I want my brother back. Later, when Dad and Aunt Sarah returned home they gave me a more detailed report. My brother is hurt bad, but he’ll recover. I tuned out Dad’s endless and boring descriptions. The only thing important to me was he’ll recover. Who the fuck cares about serum creatinine, whatever that it. I only know how to spell it cuz it’s written down here in Dad’s notes that he forgot in my room. My father is getting zombie-eyed.

I sorta found out why a little later when Dad pulled me aside for a private conference.

He talked to me about how he loved me and David and all this other bullshit. I was trying to be calm, David taught me about always being calm. But Dad was going on and on! I knew he wanted to tell me something and was trying to build up the guts to do it. He’s so easy to read. Frustrating, but easy to read. Finally, he got to the meat. He told me my mother probably would never be back.

She left him ...she left us!

He also gave me some good news. He said the church closed down and went out of business. I didn’t know churches could do that. Well, at least no more shitty Sunday mornings. I suppose Aunt Sarah will be our new mother. That’s just my guess, but it seems pretty obvious. To tell you the truth, I’ll need some time to wrap my head around it, but I think it’ll be OK. She is very nice.

I’ll bet even David will like her.

 

Sam

When I had noticed the van a few times, I figured it was following David. It always appeared when he came to my house. But I never, in my wildest dreams, anticipated what they were going to do. Last week I had managed to get the plate number. I also had noticed a little slogan on the back door.

Soldiers for Christ, One Child at a Time.

That struck me as mega-strange, so I Googled the slogan. It took me to the Facebook page of something called the Youth Armed for Christ Center. It had a link to their webpage. So I went to the homepage of the YACC.

I discovered they were an actual organization right here in Daleville, with a building and everything. They even held meetings every Monday night. The building was on Founders Road, just outside town.

I noticed on the bottom of that page was the name Saintly Shining Swords LLC.

After a search for this company, I found only a handful of sketchy references. One took me to a blog of some Bible thumper where he noted SSS LLC was also the owner of the One True God Church.

David’s church.

When I heard the abduction reported on the scanner, I called my friend at the Police Department and told him the van belonged to the Youth Armed for Christ Center, giving him the plate number and address. From what he told me later, the cops spotted the van when they arrived. They broke in, found David and arrested Burch and the two kids. I also followed most of this, in real time, on the scanner. Although I didn’t learn it was Burch until Gary told me.

I was only home last Saturday morning because Gary said he’d be meeting with Twoey’s friends from Syracuse about David. I was staying close, in case they needed me to meet with them. It’s a good thing I was home and heard the scanner report. If the cops hadn’t gotten there so fast, it might have been too late for David. They bashed him up pretty awfully, from what I hear.

Then there was the whole problem of what to do with the picture in David’s manila folder. I really didn’t have anything to bargain for with the pastor. If I wait for David to recover his memory or whatever, it could be next week. I didn’t have any idea what his physical condition really was. So I was at this sort of blind spot. My gut told me something had to happen fast. Something fast had to include that pastor.

The only person I could send this to, who might have any impact at all, was David’s father. The problem was, I knew he didn’t want his father to find out. David was in fear the family would be broken up and he would be awarded to his mother. He told me that explicitly. He was worried his mother would marry the pastor and living with him was unacceptable to David on every level.

But that was then. This is now.

The cops can’t miss the connection between the church and the youth group. If they do miss it, they’ll get an anonymous tip, you can be sure of that. So my mind was made up. I’m sorry David, but this is for your own good. You entrusted me with knowing if I need to use it and so I made my decision.

First, I opened the envelope to make sure what was in there. It contained four graphic pictures in bright color of what happened that day in David’s bedroom. What surprised me was the angle of the camera. They must have had the lid slightly pitched because it was looking down at the bed. David must have cropped these pictures too. If you didn’t know they were taken in his room, you would never guess.

So that changed my plan. Instead of delivering them to David’s father, he'll get them anonymously. I addressed and stamped the manila envelope and walked it to the post office. He’ll probably receive it in tomorrow’s mail, or Wednesday at the worst. OK Mr. Megal, the ball is now squarely in your court!

 

Alex

The school is in the middle of a gossip whirl! The arrest of Mr. Burch and the injuries to David has this place filled with the most outlandish rumors! It’s even worse than yesterday. Normally I don't pay attention to rumors because they're usually all rubbish. But David is seriously hurt. It's no rumor and it has me sick to my stomach.

Mrs. Delmonico seemed really upset too. She said even though David was a new student in our class, it would be nice if each classmate sent him a get well card with some personal comment on it. I've never heard a teacher ask anything like that before! Anyway, Randy, Megan and I decided to finish the group project, trying to use the things David was working on, as sort of a tribute to him.

Randy said, “I hate to admit this, because we're all pretty smart to be in this class, but he's so good, this work seems harder today than it did last week.”

We had to agree. Then the asshole whispered in my ear.

“When are you going to start stalking his room in the hospital?”

That earned him the finger.

I’ve been trying hard to rein in my emotions. I’m not usually like I was the last couple days. I think my mind had this romance all worked out when the disaster struck. It was sort of a one-two punch to my gut. First it torpedoed my plans before they were even started. Second, and worse, was the realization my beautiful blond knight was nearly killed.

Anyway, I’ve recovered my composure. My only regret is Randy saw me at my weakest. Naturally, he won’t let it die. I’m sure pretty soon he’ll find something else to lord over and leave me alone. But then he surprised me again while we were walking home from school.

“Here!” He handed me a folded sheet of notebook paper.

“What’s this?”

“Try opening it. Is this your stupid day? On the rag?”

He can be so very irritating. I unfolded the paper and saw a hand-written class schedule.

“It looks like a class schedule.”

“God, this must be you stupid day. OK, let Randy spell it out for you. Since you don’t know jack-shit about your I’ll-spend-the-rest-of-my-life-with-him crush, I’ve provided you with the schedule of one of his closest friends. I got it from Cory. Now you can apply all your feminine wiles, if you can find them anymore, on this guy to discover anything you want to know about David. You’re welcome. The ball is now in your court.”

Just when I get the most pissed-off at my best friend, he comes through. OK, tomorrow I will track you down and, if I have to, squeeze it out of you ...Matty Goerss.

 

 

Twoey

Tommy texted me early today to bring me up to date on David’s condition. Then he texted again around suppertime to tell me David will be in a regular room Wednesday and detailed most of his injuries. I don’t know why the kid seems to hate me, but since the beating he’s been very conscientious, keeping me up to date. When this is all over, I’ll have to give him a special thanks. I think we need a man-to-man talk about his hostility anyway.

Tommy also dropped a couple shockers on me.

The church they went to has packed up and slinked out of town, including that pastor David hated. I wonder if someone found the connection between him and the attempt on David’s life? Anyway, they’ve totally vanished from town. Daleville just got a little safer, I think.

Then he told me the most startling news. His mother left his father and doesn’t live there anymore. Holy Shit! She never even visited David after he was beaten. How could she leave with her son in critical condition? What the fuck kind of mother is she? I always figured David was exaggerating when he told me about her. Now I’m not so sure. I guess his Aunt is living with them now. I wonder if David knows any of this?

I received some good news too! I’m free to leave the house ...finally! I’ll be able to visit David in the hospital once he’s out of ICU. It’ll be a little role reversal ...hehe.

Now for the best news. I’m going to try school tomorrow. I’ll simply show up at Gary’s house and walk to school with the guys. Mom will bring me home if I can’t hack it, but I think I’ll be Ok. I’m going crazy around here anyway.

Speaking of surprises, today after school was out, I received a visit from Lanni and Deena. Lanni gave me the sweetest Kiss.

“There’s so much stuff flying around the school about David, I hope you don’t mind if we visit you to find out the truth.”

“Why would you think I know the truth?”

“Come on Twoey, I’m not blind.”

OMG! She must think David and I ...that means she must think David’s gay! I was sort of mind-scrabbled for a minute.

Anyway, I got myself recovered enough to explain what happened to David, and even give her the latest I knew about his condition. That’s when I came up with a little plan.

“Deena, David was going to take you to the Thanksgiving Dance Saturday. What if we make a little switch. Would it be OK if you went with Sam, and I took Lanni?”

“Sam? Who’s Sam?”

“You’ll like him Deena, you really will. He’s one of David’s closest friends. He was going to take Lanni. Of course, I’ll check with him tomorrow in school, but I’m sure he’ll switch. We can double date.”

Lanni interrupted. “You’re going to school tomorrow?”

“Yes! The doctor said I can give it a try. I really feel good. I can’t wait to get back.”

Deena was still mulling it over.

Lanni pulled her aside and whispered some stuff in her ear. Then Deena looked at me. She had made her decision.

“Why not? I’ll give him a try. He’s David’s friend, so there has to be something good about him. The ball’s in his court now.” She exploded in a laugh.

 

Gary

I feel really horrible about this. What the fuck was he doing over on Teasdale Street on the other side of town? The fact I have no idea makes it even worse. What kind of a best friend am I? I almost feel responsible somehow. Have I been so wrapped up with Mel I missed a bunch of warning signs? I mean, I know he was acting definitely not in whack, but could I have detected something sooner, if I had been paying better attention …like a best friend is supposed to?

I also have the feeling, for whatever reason, his strange behavior and this beating are somehow related. And if they are, I feel doubly responsible. I mean, Twoey told Mike in fucking Syracuse about it, he was so worried. And Mike came all the way down here to see me to figure it out. And here I sat, living right next to my best friend, with the ball in my court, and hadn't done frickin’ anything.

Now I'm depressed.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The dust is still settling, and we see everyone beginning to assess and see what needs to be repaired. 'Tommy Logic' is priceless. Can't wait for Tommy and Twoey to meet for real, and for them to work together on helping David recover. Sam was sure quick witted and sure footed through this emergency. Now he gets to see if he is up to the task of going out with Deena for an evening.

 


The pastor and David's ex (ex-mother, that is) are still on the run, and that seems pretty disturbing. What's even more disturbing is the whole YACC organization. That didn't spring from nowhere, and what were their activities before attacking David? Are there any other missing kids in the Daleville area? What kind of evil warped mind thinks this is in any way related to the actual teachings of Jesus? Are any of them still around, lurking in dark corners?

 


You present a picture of a network of friends and a community still recovering from shock. There have to be serious questions going around now - first Danny, now David. Why aren't more kids scared or anxious?

 

Great chapter - you can tell, because there are so many questions to answer!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ok skinnyD, this chapter merits a full quadruple thank you!

 

I am loving "Tommy logic"; I am loving Tommy. In spite of his own feelings, he keeps Twoey informed. Yep, I am right, if clueless David ever gets a clue, they will hear it in Syracuse! Tommy really is the best, even if he can't figure out what he should be doing with the dolls.

 

Sam, good job! Putin will be proud of you. You have earned the rank of colonel in the FSB.

 

Look out Matty, Alex on your tail ... lol ... lmao ... this should be fun for me, probably not for you ...

 

Twoey:


OMG! She must think David and I ...that means she must think David’s gay! I was sort of mind-scrabbled for a minute.
Do you think everyone is as clueless as Angel ... glad to know you can return to school ... and visit Angel.

 

Gary, wow, Gary! Wake the fuck up bro. I thought breakfast with Idi would help ... I guess not ... This boy needs a serious sit down with Uncle Joe and Baby Doc Duvalier.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Go, Tommy! He's the only one who's actually doing something. Well, besides Sam, of course. Poor Tommy wants his real brother back but he's still in the dark about a lot of what has happened. He should compare notes with Sam; that would answer some questions on both sides. And thank goodness for Sam! If he hadn't been paying close attention, David would be with Danny right now.

 

And Tommy's father and Aunt Sarah really should take the time to explain to Tommy (and Liz!) what's going on. Surely Dad would want to reassure his other son that the family isn't falling apart completely. Sure, he's in shock himself, probably, but still...

 

Twoey - listen to Lanni! She's right about David! There's hope!! :-)

 

And Gary - start thinking with your big brain for a change! Jeez. I'm looking forward to the moment Twoey visits David in the hospital. I hope that a glimmer of light might dawn somewhere deep in David's brain, in the part that's still insisting he's not gay! Only 6 weeks left! Thanks Skinny, I'm loving this story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

All these balls being bounced around in other people's courts... Did we just get hit with March Madness...
I say Tommy, Twoey and Sam team up. What could go wrong with Tommy logic (so perfect), Sam's connections and Twoey's connection to David. Even though he's right, Gary has to pull it together, be there for his friend now and beat himself up later. I have a feeling David won't blame him as much as he's blaming himself.

 

I am willing to give David's dad some slack. After all he was blindsided by the woman who no longer lives in their house. And he's worried about David. True he was oblivious to what was going on, but once he gets those pictures he's going to need support. Tommy clearly did not inherit the clueless gene from him. Tommy is already supplanting Aunt Sarah as their new mother, it speaks volumes about their biological.. (Your quote at the beginning) Even more alarming that dad had not picked up on this..

 

The church closed its doors! That was fast. I wonder if they have an underground network to protect PPF and his flock.. Because you know there are those who believe he was doing the right thing.. Also, '....., One Child at a Time.' How freaky is that! This is how they 'save' kids.. This would be much less scary if it weren't so real..

 

I'm glad to see Twoey making it back into the world of school, dances and more teen drama. David waking, however intermittently, is great news..

 

Waiting to to see who drops the ball or shoots and scores..... Great chapter SkinnyD!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2016 04:09 AM, Parker Owens said:

The dust is still settling, and we see everyone beginning to assess and see what needs to be repaired. 'Tommy Logic' is priceless. Can't wait for Tommy and Twoey to meet for real, and for them to work together on helping David recover. Sam was sure quick witted and sure footed through this emergency. Now he gets to see if he is up to the task of going out with Deena for an evening.

 

 

The pastor and David's ex (ex-mother, that is) are still on the run, and that seems pretty disturbing. What's even more disturbing is the whole YACC organization. That didn't spring from nowhere, and what were their activities before attacking David? Are there any other missing kids in the Daleville area? What kind of evil warped mind thinks this is in any way related to the actual teachings of Jesus? Are any of them still around, lurking in dark corners?

 

 

You present a picture of a network of friends and a community still recovering from shock. There have to be serious questions going around now - first Danny, now David. Why aren't more kids scared or anxious?

 

Great chapter - you can tell, because there are so many questions to answer!

Thanks for the comments Parker!

 

It's stunning how many of these cult groups exist, in amongst but invisible from the educated population. Well, I guess we sort of see some of it playing out with Trump's Brown Shirts.

 

The community and network of friends is still in a bit of confusion, but they'll come around. Maybe they only need a little push from NYC. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2016 04:33 AM, said:

Ok skinnyD, this chapter merits a full quadruple thank you!

 

I am loving "Tommy logic"; I am loving Tommy. In spite of his own feelings, he keeps Twoey informed. Yep, I am right, if clueless David ever gets a clue, they will hear it in Syracuse! Tommy really is the best, even if he can't figure out what he should be doing with the dolls.

 

Sam, good job! Putin will be proud of you. You have earned the rank of colonel in the FSB.

 

Look out Matty, Alex on your tail ... lol ... lmao ... this should be fun for me, probably not for you ...

 

Twoey:

OMG! She must think David and I ...that means she must think David’s gay! I was sort of mind-scrabbled for a minute.

Do you think everyone is as clueless as Angel ... glad to know you can return to school ... and visit Angel.

 

Gary, wow, Gary! Wake the fuck up bro. I thought breakfast with Idi would help ... I guess not ... This boy needs a serious sit down with Uncle Joe and Baby Doc Duvalier.

Hey oxala! Thanks for the great comments!

 

Tommy Logic sorta fits his personality, right?

 

Gary will come to the rescue! You don't believe me - I can tell. Well he doesn't know Idi, but he is connected. :o

 

Since everybody thinks David is gay, why don't they just tell HIM? Oh right, it's only week 12.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2016 08:53 AM, jess30519 said:

Go, Tommy! He's the only one who's actually doing something. Well, besides Sam, of course. Poor Tommy wants his real brother back but he's still in the dark about a lot of what has happened. He should compare notes with Sam; that would answer some questions on both sides. And thank goodness for Sam! If he hadn't been paying close attention, David would be with Danny right now.

 

And Tommy's father and Aunt Sarah really should take the time to explain to Tommy (and Liz!) what's going on. Surely Dad would want to reassure his other son that the family isn't falling apart completely. Sure, he's in shock himself, probably, but still...

 

Twoey - listen to Lanni! She's right about David! There's hope!! :-)

 

And Gary - start thinking with your big brain for a change! Jeez. I'm looking forward to the moment Twoey visits David in the hospital. I hope that a glimmer of light might dawn somewhere deep in David's brain, in the part that's still insisting he's not gay! Only 6 weeks left! Thanks Skinny, I'm loving this story!

Thanks jess!

 

Tommy's great.

The trouble is the friends haven't gotten together to compare notes - yet. They could probably piece lots of the puzzle together if they did.

 

Poor Gary. Well, in Ch 79 he'll stop beating on himself and take action!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2016 02:05 PM, Defiance19 said:

All these balls being bounced around in other people's courts... Did we just get hit with March Madness...

I say Tommy, Twoey and Sam team up. What could go wrong with Tommy logic (so perfect), Sam's connections and Twoey's connection to David. Even though he's right, Gary has to pull it together, be there for his friend now and beat himself up later. I have a feeling David won't blame him as much as he's blaming himself.

 

I am willing to give David's dad some slack. After all he was blindsided by the woman who no longer lives in their house. And he's worried about David. True he was oblivious to what was going on, but once he gets those pictures he's going to need support. Tommy clearly did not inherit the clueless gene from him. Tommy is already supplanting Aunt Sarah as their new mother, it speaks volumes about their biological.. (Your quote at the beginning) Even more alarming that dad had not picked up on this..

 

The church closed its doors! That was fast. I wonder if they have an underground network to protect PPF and his flock.. Because you know there are those who believe he was doing the right thing.. Also, '....., One Child at a Time.' How freaky is that! This is how they 'save' kids.. This would be much less scary if it weren't so real..

 

I'm glad to see Twoey making it back into the world of school, dances and more teen drama. David waking, however intermittently, is great news..

 

Waiting to to see who drops the ball or shoots and scores..... Great chapter SkinnyD!

A Tommy/Twoey/Sam team won't happen, of course. But Gary will surprise us all (including me).

 

When Dad gets the pics things will change, but in unexpected ways. Hey, that's just the way things go in Skinnyland. :)

 

The church was just PPF, I guess. When his little dominoes began to fall, he was pretty quick to disappear.

 

At least PPF gone will give David something to cheer up about whenever he returns.

 

Thanks for the review and great comments Def! I love 'em.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don't know what to think anymore. It's like things have happened, people are aware of some of the huge problems these characters were dealing with, but it's still all over the place. I think reading that David cropped the pictures just pissed me off a little more. Now, even when his dad gets the pictures he won't have the full weight of that was happening in front of him. Plus all the other pictures of them searching his room. This is all evidence that can be tied to the attack. The cops need this information.

 

Tommy logic was funny, and I'm glad he at least is willing to take some kind of action instead of sitting idly by. I don't particularly blame Gary for not knowing what was going on. Sure they're friends, but David didn't disclose the situation to him. Considering people who were in the know (Twoey and freaking Sam) stood by wringing their hands, I can't fault someone who knew nothing.

 

Sam saw the van following David and didn't even warn him? Sigh. Well at least he's doing something even if it isn't a full measure. Everyone just loves their little secrets in this story.

 

Twoey is back on his feet finally. Since it never explicitly says, does he go to doctor appointments? That's probably a dumb question, but did he go for a checkup and they gave him medical clearance to go to school? Considering I don't recall much mention of rehab (which he'd be in) and every time someone goes to visit it's always written like he's a shut-in invalid. He'd have to be up and around more if he was ready for school. Not laid out in bed all the time.

 

Alex... Well I think my last rant just about covered her, but I guess we'll get more drama from her direction. Good luck using your feminine wiles on a gay guy.

 

I think Parker covered well all the questions we need answered. Except what the heck will David's dad do with the pictures? Let's hope it's not useless.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Tommy Logic is definitely good logic! lol I'm actually glad he didn't throw away the voodoo dolls! Once he learns about the woman who doesn't live in his house anymore, and his ex-pastor PPF, he can take the dolls out and stick some more pins in them! :P

 

One of your reviewers said something about Sam, but I think it was in the previous chapter's reviews. The reviewer noted that Sam never really told David to watch out for the white van. Sam noticed the white van following David, and I think even David took notice of it a few times, but Sam never specifically told David to be careful of the white van, did he?

 

Luckily he did get the plate number and researched that odd saying on the door. I bet no one else in Daleville had any clue that PPF's church was directly tied to this youth organization designed to beat the devil out of kids. I bet only PPF, Burch, Josiah fucking Coulton, and that other kid (who was he, btw?) knew about their group.

 

I'm wondering...since Gary just mailed the pictures to David's dad and he hasn't seen them yet, what made him tell Tommy that the woman who no longer lives in their house isn't coming back? Did she leave a note? Does Dad know she ran off with PPF?

 

I'm thrilled David has been awake on and off. That's a good sign. And he talked to the police, so he doesn't have amnesia. I was afraid a trauma like that would cause amnesia, like what happened to Twoey.

 

And speaking of Twoey...I'm glad he'll be going back to school! :)

 

I think I have only one chapter to go, and then I'm all caught up! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 10:17 AM, spikey582 said:

I don't know what to think anymore. It's like things have happened, people are aware of some of the huge problems these characters were dealing with, but it's still all over the place. I think reading that David cropped the pictures just pissed me off a little more. Now, even when his dad gets the pictures he won't have the full weight of that was happening in front of him. Plus all the other pictures of them searching his room. This is all evidence that can be tied to the attack. The cops need this information.

 

Tommy logic was funny, and I'm glad he at least is willing to take some kind of action instead of sitting idly by. I don't particularly blame Gary for not knowing what was going on. Sure they're friends, but David didn't disclose the situation to him. Considering people who were in the know (Twoey and freaking Sam) stood by wringing their hands, I can't fault somehow who knew nothing.

 

Sam saw the van following David and didn't even warn him? Sigh. Well at least he's doing something even if it isn't a full measure. Everyone just loves their little secrets in this story.

 

Twoey back on his feet finally. Since it never explicitly says, does he go to doctor appointments? That's probably a dumb question, but he goes for a checkup and they give him medical clearance to go to school? Considering I don't recall much mention of rehab (which he'd be in) and every time someone goes to visit it's always written like he's a shut in invalid. He'd have to be up and around more if he was ready for school. Not laid out in bed all the time.

 

Alex... Well I think my last rant just about covered her, but I guess we'll get more drama from her direction. Good luck using your feminine wiles on a gay guy.

 

I think Parker covered well all the questions we need answered. Except what the heck will David's dad do with the pictures? Let's hope it's not useless.

Hey spikey! Thanks for your usual great comments!

 

I think you're completely right about Gary. All this angst he's showing has got to do more with frustration than anything else. Blaming the time he spent with his girlfriend is probably unfair to both of them. But now he is tuned in and focused - watch out!

 

Twoey was never bedridden. He was just forbidden to leave his house while recovering, by doctors for no reason he (or we) can fathom, short of conspiracy.

 

Maybe Alex can turn Matty straight. :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 12:11 PM, Lisa said:

Tommy Logic is definitely good logic! lol I'm actually glad he didn't throw away the voodoo dolls! Once he learns about the woman who doesn't live in his house anymore, and his ex-pastor PPF, he can take the dolls out and stick some more pins in them! :P

 

One of your reviewers said something about Sam, but I think it was in the previous chapter's reviews. The reviewer noted that Sam never really told David to watch out for the white van. Sam noticed the white van following David, and I think even David took notice of it a few times, but Sam never specifically told David to be careful of the white van, did he?

 

Luckily he did get the plate number and researched that odd saying on the door. I bet no one else in Daleville had any clue that PPF's church was directly tied to this youth organization designed to beat the devil out of kids. I bet only PPF, Burch, Josiah fucking Coulton, and that other kid (who was he, btw?) knew about their group.

 

I'm wondering...since Gary just mailed the pictures to David's dad and he hasn't seen them yet, what made him tell Tommy that the woman who no longer lives in their house isn't coming back? Did she leave a note? Does Dad know she ran off with PPF?

 

I'm thrilled David has been awake on and off. That's a good sign. And he talked to the police, so he doesn't have amnesia. I was afraid a trauma like that would cause amnesia, like what happened to Twoey.

 

And speaking of Twoey...I'm glad he'll be going back to school! :)

 

I think I have only one chapter to go, and then I'm all caught up! :)

Hey Lisa! Thanks for the review!

 

Everybody in this story could use some Tommy Logic, right?

 

Sam never warned David. But in his defense, he didn't seem to expect real trouble. Being Sam though, he did his homework. David can probably thank his life for that and also Gary for inadvertently asking Sam to stay nearby.

 

We don't know how Dad knew she won't be back before he got the pics. Unfortunately there's no Dad POV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..