Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,284 Words
  • 3,467 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 81. Week Twelve Thursday, November 20, 2014: Which David?

Some say that ravens foster forlorn children,
The whilst their own birds famish in their nests

Titus Andronicus -WS

 

***

 

Today I woke early and was clearheaded. That felt great. On the other hand, the pain in my side didn’t feel so great, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t tough out. When my nurse paid a visit to collect blood, I asked if I could get up to try using the walker thingy. She asked me to wait a minute. Pretty soon that big guy, Sawyer, came in to give me instructions on how to get out of bed. Once again, he showed me the way to lean on the damn thing with my left leg cast resting forward on the rail. Sawyer took me through it all carefully, as though he hadn’t already shown me yesterday. I figured he knew people forget stuff while drug hazed.

He was pretty good at making sure I did it all by myself. He told me crutches wouldn’t be for a couple more days. Anyway, while it hurt my side a lot and required shallower breathing, I was able to get into the bathroom. I peed by getting almost right over the toilet, aiming straight down. Good, no more bottle. I worked my way back to bed, under his careful observation and occasional guidance. Sawyer told me I did great. It took a lot out of me though.

After he left I called Sam to tell him I’d need crutches instructions. He’s the only one of the gang with any experience. Sam had me laughing. It felt great too. He asked me a bunch of questions about Johnson and his car. I wondered why he wanted to know that shit.

Anyway, he called back a little later reminding me to call Gary. I knew he’d be in class, but I called anyway, figuring he’d answer when he could. Gary did return the call right after class. It was good talking to him again! I think that IV must have given me a shot of pain killer cuz I was getting sleepy talking to Gary. After we hung up I slept for a couple hours.

Lunch was soup and Jell-o and a not so great sandwich. As soon as the lunch was eaten, I needed to take a crap. I figured, what the hell, I can do this. Swinging out of bed, I managed to walk/roll into the bathroom again. It was actually easier than the first time. Practice makes perfect, I guess. Anyway, I figured out how to sit on the toilet, which wasn’t all that difficult.

After finishing and returning to bed, I smiled to myself. No more bedpan! YAY!

Dad arrived shortly after my bathroom victory. I know it’s gross, but I boasted about it to him. We talked for about an hour. He told me all kinds of stories about him and Gary’s father Tony, when they were in high school together. I never heard any of these before. I wonder why? Anyway it seems he and Tony were the terrible twosome of the Owego Academy, the high school near their hometown of Apalachin on the Susquehanna River. Maybe that’s why he never told me. He was afraid I’d try to follow suit ...hehe.

Anyway he went on and on about their football exploits as Owego Indians. It was soothing, almost white noise. It drew me toward sleep. On the other hand, maybe it was the drugs. That shit must be on a timer or something.

Later, after I was conscious again, my supper arrived. It was some kind of pasta in some kind of sauce. It was pretty bland. It made me miss Ginny’s. In fact, it made me miss Ginny!

I’d better start making a list. I need to apologize to a bunch of people. I haven’t been a very nice person. Those thoughts started making be very sad. I always wanted to be the guy who put smiles on people’s faces. I’ve been a major downer lately. I really started feeling like shit. Which “me” will I become? Will I be able to revert to the old David or has David2 changed me forever?

Thankfully, before I started getting too morose, Tommy showed up with Aunt Sarah. Tommy always finds a way to brighten my mood. He even made me call Twoey. No, I didn’t crow about my bathroom victory.

Although, I might have if Aunt Sarah weren’t there ...hehe.

 

 

Sam

Before I left for school, I got a call from David telling me he's out of ICU and even will be home by next week.

“Hey Sam, you'll have to teach me how to walk with crutches, I have a broken leg.”

I had broken my leg a couple of years ago falling out of a tree.

“No problem! I want to sign your cast, save me a space.”

“I'll save you the space right over my ass ...haha ...no, it doesn't go quite that high.”

It was good to hear him laughing again. I haven't heard David laugh in weeks! He didn’t sound quite completely with it. I’m sure he’s drugged up. Maybe he’ll get used to the feeling and accept one of my joints now.

“OMG Sam! You won't believe this! I can’t remember who, but either my father or Tommy told me Pastor Johnson and his entire church folded and left town like the circus they always were. I'm finally free of that pig-fucker!”

“That’s amazing. Just what you wanted. Did they tell you anything else?”

“My father did. He told me his wife left him.”

“Ouch. How do you feel about that?”

“Sad for Dad.”

“And for you?”

“She was the pig he was fucking, remember? I’ll never forgive her for that. It leaves me a bit confused though. My Aunt Sarah will be living with us from now on. Tommy referred to her as our new mother. I don’t want to think of her as my new mother. It’s only because all thoughts associated between the words mother and my have been poisoned in my mind forever. I like Aunt Sarah too much.”

“I’ll be in to see you as soon as I can.”

“Oh, Sam? That folder I gave you?”

“Don't worry, it’s all taken care of. By the way, what kind of car did that pastor have?”

“A Ford Explorer. I followed that damn SUV all last week.”

“You didn’t by chance catch the plate number.”

“It’s etched into my brain. PPF-248”

Hehe ...I guess it must be! Well I gotta leave for school now”

“OK. Thanks for everything Sam.”

After we hung up I called my friend at the police department to find out what, if anything, was going on. I mean no one has heard much. He told me some State attorney was in charge. This guy has taken over the case and sealed it up tight as a drum.

Even though three lawyers from some big Albany law firm showed up to represent the three scumbags, they couldn’t get them out. My friend wasn’t even sure whose jurisdiction this case was going to land in. He expects the three to be moved out of the county soon.

On the walk to school, I gave Gary the pastor’s car info and plate number.

“Thanks Sam. That’s great information. I’m glad David remembered. Who would have thought?”

But I could tell Gary was a little upset David called me and not him this morning. After we got to school I called David to tell him he’d better call his best friend, or he wouldn’t have one for long.

 

Gary

When Sam gave me the pastor’s car description and even the plate number, I realized it was the same car my mother had seen. I was hurt David hadn’t called me. I guess it made me feel even more depressed than before. But during first period my phone vibrated and I saw it was from David. I called him back between classes.

I could tell the poor guy wasn’t completely with it. They must be pumping pain killers into him. Anyway it made me feel a lot better. I felt better simply hearing his voice, spaced as it was. I ditched my second period class to take care of business with Uncle John. I told him everything Sam and Twoey told me yesterday, plus what I knew. He now knows the name of the corporation which owned the church (thanks to Sam) and he knows the guy porking David’s mother is Enos Johnson (thanks to Twoey and Sam).

Then I told him my discoveries from today.

“Johnson is the guy she left with. My mother saw it with her own eyes. The guy owns a Ford Explorer, with a NY plate PPF-248.”

“Holy shit godson! You really did good work! I can’t believe you got his plate number. That’s a real pro job! It’ll make everything easier. I’m gonna send you an extra gift as reward!”

He was impressed with me and thanked me a lot for all the information. I guess I’ll be getting a check in the mail. Uncle John is always generous with me.

 

Twoey

Yesterday, my Wednesday with Erik was sweet. Kisses and blowjobs. He was very gentle and very loving. We didn't stay at his place too long. He said he didn't want to over-tax me. Erik drove me home but also came in to say hello to Mom. He wasn't shy either. He gave me an amazing kiss goodbye right in front of Mom!

Today, the word is pretty much all around that David is on the road to recovery and isn't in ICU. I practically threatened Mom if she didn’t take me there after school tomorrow. But I think she really wants to go see him too.

After dinner I decided to text David. Before I could, he actually called.

“It's too hard to text you with my left hand in a cast. About the only thing I'm able to do with it is give somebody the finger!”

He sounded a little clearer than yesterday, but still a little not-quite-all-there. I’m sure he had no memory of the aborted call last night.

“Aw ...that means we can't talk dirty.”

“Yeah, well I think Tommy heard what you said cuz he's got a boner now and I know it's not because of me!”

I heard Tommy curse him in the background and then David laughed really hard. My Angel laughed!!! I started crying.

“Twoey! Are you crying? It was just a joke.”

“No you dumb fuck! I was crying because you're laughing ...for the first time in weeks!”

“Yeah ...sorry about that. I was fighting some shit but it's all over now. Get this ...Tommy told me there was a boy who looked just like me living in my room for the past week or so.”

I heard Tommy yell it was true, and my Angel laughed again ...a lot.

I told him I'd be there after school tomorrow.

“You’re back in school?”

“Yep!”

“Super ...now you can tutor me!”

So now I'm really in a great mood. I'll have Mom swing by Timmy's tomorrow on the way to the hospital and pick him up a caramel latte.

While absentmindedly thinking about random stuff, I realized the interesting parallel with David fighting Goliath. Of course in the biblical story, David didn’t suffer so much damage as did my Angel. It did get me curious though. Curiosity usually leads me to Google.

There is all kinds of interesting stuff to find in a Google search of the biblical David. Most of it led me to believe the sparse biblical accounts were politically concocted a couple centuries after whoever David was ruled whatever he ruled. The biblical scholars can’t even agree on that much!

But there is a certain poetry to the improbable account of the shepherd boy defeating the giant. So I chose to remember it as my fanciful parallel ...hehe.

This led me to punching the images button in my Google search. There were so many images of art and sculpture displayed. Of course, everyone is familiar with Michelangelo’s famous statue. After spending more time than I ought to have, I decided three historic statues were the best, in my opinion.

As I studied these, I thought they sort of represented the three natures of my David. Of course, it’s only my own gut feelings, but Bernini’s David looks so thoroughly straight. This dude was certainly not in touch with his feminine side. Is that my David?

Michelangelo’s David is difficult to pin down. He could be straight, he could be gay. Of course, from what I’ve read, if Michelangelo used him as a model, he might have been gay. Was this my David? Could be straight but probably gay? How do you live with something like that? Is that the crux of his problem?

But then I saw the David of Donatello!

Holy  !      Fuck  !        :o 

I re-Googled for only him. There were so many views. I can’t believe it was made of bronze. This is a gay boy’s wet dream! Do you mean nobody ever realized this? Where the hell was this thing placed? In a church? God, I’d sit right next to it every day! OMG that feather goes right up the inside of his thigh and almost hits his balls! Look at that ass! This was 15th century gay porn! Whew!

Will my David become so obviously gay if I’m patient?

OK, back to my question.

I wonder which David will greet me tomorrow?

p style="text-align:center;">

 

End of Part 3

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's good that David realizes that he needs to apologize to people. I hope that can happen, or that his friends can convince him that they are just happy to have the old David back before he gets too discouraged. I wonder what happened to Chuck's camera; I hope that won't cause too much of a problem for David; even if it wasn't the latest model Nikons aren't exactly cheap.

 

Interesting that Sam's contact says that the big guns from Albany turned up to defend PPF and his accomplices. Does this mean that it was a bigger operation than just a small town church group? Do Uncle John and David's grandfather know of a wider association? And if they do, why do they? Hmm. Have to wait and see! Things are moving right along! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you skinnydragon!

 

I can't wait to see where you are taking things ... I am definitely clueless :)

 

Fun to see each of club cluess' constituents communicating and sharing clues.

 

Are Eric kisses THAT good Twoey?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/27/2016 02:03 AM, jess30519 said:

It's good that David realizes that he needs to apologize to people. I hope that can happen, or that his friends can convince him that they are just happy to have the old David back before he gets too discouraged. I wonder what happened to Chuck's camera; I hope that won't cause too much of a problem for David; even if it wasn't the latest model Nikons aren't exactly cheap.

 

Interesting that Sam's contact says that the big guns from Albany turned up to defend PPF and his accomplices. Does this mean that it was a bigger operation than just a small town church group? Do Uncle John and David's grandfather know of a wider association? And if they do, why do they? Hmm. Have to wait and see! Things are moving right along! Thanks, Skinny!

Thanks for the review jess!

 

The realization he needs to apologize is most likely a good sign. Chuck's camera will get sorted out in a little while.

 

There certainly seems to be some money behind the attempt to spring the attackers, that's for sure. Well, you know how it goes in Skinnyland. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/27/2016 03:22 AM, said:

Thank you skinnydragon!

 

I can't wait to see where you are taking things ... I am definitely clueless :)

 

Fun to see each of club cluess' constituents communicating and sharing clues.

 

Are Eric kisses THAT good Twoey?

What? Oxala??? Joining the clueless club?

 

That just can't be!

 

The gang seems to be pumping Gary full of important information just in time for Uncle John to get it - but why does Uncle John want it? What could he do?

 

Oh well, there have to be some loose ends I guess. ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

To answer the chapter title question, our David. That is D1. Sure sign that David is coming back to us is his realisation of things he did wrong and he needs to apologise for. Now I don't think that D2's influence will be all that lasting, and I hope he never needs to employ any version of D2 again!

 

Great at that Sam has all this info so Gary can tell the elders what's up.. Wonder if they're connected.. Yes, horse's head kind of connected. Because there's no way Burch and PPF et al can walk from this.

 

I'll leave David to his healing and Twoey to his enlightening Google search, while I wait patiently to see what part four brings..
Thanks SkinnyD!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/29/2016 04:36 AM, Defiance19 said:

To answer the chapter title question, our David. That is D1. Sure sign that David is coming back to us is his realisation of things he did wrong and he needs to apologise for. Now I don't think that D2's influence will be all that lasting, and I hope he never needs to employ any version of D2 again!

 

Great at that Sam has all this info so Gary can tell the elders what's up.. Wonder if they're connected.. Yes, horse's head kind of connected. Because there's no way Burch and PPF et al can walk from this.

 

I'll leave David to his healing and Twoey to his enlightening Google search, while I wait patiently to see what part four brings..

Thanks SkinnyD!

Thanks Def!

 

Yeah, for sure our David is back. We're not sure which one of Twoey's statues he may represent. Probably the one that's OCD. :P

 

All the info will make it simple work for the NYC crowd :o

 

And now on to Alex and Part 4.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Fifteenth century gay porn! Omg, Skinny! I was lol'ing all over the place! I almost fell outta my chair! :D (And of course I had to Google it b/c well, I hate to admit, but I don't think I ever heard of Donatello. lol Sad but true. But I did see what Twoey meant -- especially his ass! lol Pretty cute! :P

 

And why did no one pick up on PPF's license platee? PPF 248? Know we have proof he's a pastor pig-fucker -- license plates never lie. :no:

 

I can't wait to find out what Uncle John and Grandpa are going to do now that they have all this info about PPF and the church. I'm surprised all those church wives didn't show up at the jail wanting to bail PPF out. Then they would all find out that PPF was boffing all of them! :rofl: Then they'd be too pissed to bail him out and they'd probably rat him out instead! Well, a girl can dream, right? :lmao:

 

Another awesome chapter, Skinny!

 

On to part four. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/31/2016 11:10 AM, Lisa said:

Fifteenth century gay porn! Omg, Skinny! I was lol'ing all over the place! I almost fell outta my chair! :D (And of course I had to Google it b/c well, I hate to admit, but I don't think I ever heard of Donatello. lol Sad but true. But I did see what Twoey meant -- especially his ass! lol Pretty cute! :P

 

And why did no one pick up on PPF's license platee? PPF 248? Know we have proof he's a pastor pig-fucker -- license plates never lie. :no:

 

I can't wait to find out what Uncle John and Grandpa are going to do now that they have all this info about PPF and the church. I'm surprised all those church wives didn't show up at the jail wanting to bail PPF out. Then they would all find out that PPF was boffing all of them! :rofl: Then they'd be too pissed to bail him out and they'd probably rat him out instead! Well, a girl can dream, right? :lmao:

 

Another awesome chapter, Skinny!

 

On to part four. :)

Thanks for the review Lisa!

 

I'm glad you took a peek at David. btw he never graced the interior of a church. He was firmly ensconced in the interior courtyard of the "house" of Lorenzo de Medici (Il Magnifico was Loenzo's nickname. Now you sota see why. :P )

 

The NYC crowd does seem pretty eager to get all the dope on

PPF, don't they? Hmmm.

 

I guess PPF liked Tommy's mother more than the other church wives, unless she was more dangerous on the loose. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm posting this as a review for all of part three. This is going to be a convoluted stream of thought, so bear with me.
First; well done. Your writing is flawless. Your characters are incredibly well developed and it's so very easy to draw a connection with them. It speaks to your skills as a writer and the incredible amount of detail you've created that you were able to make these characters and this story work so flawlessly. I'm still trying to determine if these events are fact or fiction, but in either case you have done an amazing job relating these stories and the different characters' perspectives on what's happening. I appreciate the use of various character points of view to create a truly all-encompassing view of Daleville.
I'm interested to see what actually becomes of Johnson and the rest of his 'church'. I know that there's often wide latitude given to religious groups in rural areas because of how they can unify a community, but that's going to intersect pretty badly with the assault and everything else that David and his friends know about the situation.
Second, and through no fault of your own, I'm shaking. One of the best, most important parts about truly good literature is that it can prompt people to change the way they think about things, and it can even give people a chance to explore things that they wouldn't otherwise get to think about.
Specifically, I’m thinking of when David got beaten by those religious lunatics. I never really thought about it much, but that could have been me.
Five years ago, I got involved in a political fight to provide explicit protections to queer staff and students in Burnaby school district. And by involved, I became one of the public faces of the campaign. My photo and name were used in multiple media outlets, and opposing us was a relatively well-organized group of religious conservatives.
That big fight was in the summer and continued through the October election of that year. I did a lot of campaigning before and after the policy was passed, defending trustees who voted to protect queer people. A lot of that campaigning was in areas I knew were unsafe, where I didn’t know anyone, and I was often working alone.
I always wore my curling jacket with my name on it back then. It would have been easy to find me and finish me off while I was doing my campaign trips. Reading about David’s assault got me seriously thinking about what could have happened, and I confess it’s unnerved me. I don’t think I’d have been able to recover as easily as David seems to be doing so far.
So... yeah. Your writing was very evocative for me. Brought me back to places. That's not a bad thing, it means your writing is really connecting and it has personal meaning to your readers.
I'm looking forward to your final section of Twoey. I... I hope Twoey and David do end up together. They need each other. But I'll find out as you keep writing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 06:38 PM, Hunter Thomson said:

I'm posting this as a review for all of part three. This is going to be a convoluted stream of thought, so bear with me.

First; well done. Your writing is flawless. Your characters are incredibly well developed and it's so very easy to draw a connection with them. It speaks to your skills as a writer and the incredible amount of detail you've created that you were able to make these characters and this story work so flawlessly. I'm still trying to determine if these events are fact or fiction, but in either case you have done an amazing job relating these stories and the different characters' perspectives on what's happening. I appreciate the use of various character points of view to create a truly all-encompassing view of Daleville.

I'm interested to see what actually becomes of Johnson and the rest of his 'church'. I know that there's often wide latitude given to religious groups in rural areas because of how they can unify a community, but that's going to intersect pretty badly with the assault and everything else that David and his friends know about the situation.

Second, and through no fault of your own, I'm shaking. One of the best, most important parts about truly good literature is that it can prompt people to change the way they think about things, and it can even give people a chance to explore things that they wouldn't otherwise get to think about.

Specifically, I’m thinking of when David got beaten by those religious lunatics. I never really thought about it much, but that could have been me.

Five years ago, I got involved in a political fight to provide explicit protections to queer staff and students in Burnaby school district. And by involved, I became one of the public faces of the campaign. My photo and name were used in multiple media outlets, and opposing us was a relatively well-organized group of religious conservatives.

That big fight was in the summer and continued through the October election of that year. I did a lot of campaigning before and after the policy was passed, defending trustees who voted to protect queer people. A lot of that campaigning was in areas I knew were unsafe, where I didn’t know anyone, and I was often working alone.

I always wore my curling jacket with my name on it back then. It would have been easy to find me and finish me off while I was doing my campaign trips. Reading about David’s assault got me seriously thinking about what could have happened, and I confess it’s unnerved me. I don’t think I’d have been able to recover as easily as David seems to be doing so far.

So... yeah. Your writing was very evocative for me. Brought me back to places. That's not a bad thing, it means your writing is really connecting and it has personal meaning to your readers.

I'm looking forward to your final section of Twoey. I... I hope Twoey and David do end up together. They need each other. But I'll find out as you keep writing.

Thank you so much, Hunter!

 

You're comments are all the reward I need as a (new) writer. I'm blushing.

 

Somewhere in the "18 Weeks" story blog there is a little statement by me about the beating. It might give you an interesting perspective.

 

Your work sounds incredibly heroic, and yes you could have been in danger. Not all conservatives are wacko and resort to violence, but even the minority who do make what you did dangerous.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well part 3 was a struggle for both Twoey and David, I love the theme of them mirroring each other!!! This story is so fantastically written!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..