Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,115 Words
  • 3,906 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 88. Week Thirteen Thursday, November 27, 2014 (Thanksgiving) Fish Fry

Poetry operates by hints and dark suggestions.

It is full of secrets and hidden formulae, like a witches brew.

 

- Anthony Hecht

 

 

***

 

Tommy

Here I was, worried that my brother was gay! Not really worried like it would make a difference to me. I wouldn't love him any less, but he didn't seem too happy and never really had a girlfriend. I could tell Kathy was just sort of thrown at him and David wasn't into her at all.

But suddenly, he pulls the Ace of Hearts out of the deck! Beautiful, Blond, Blue-Eyed, Bodacious and Brilliant. BANG! He got the whole package. He seems so much happier now, which makes me so much happier now. He's the best brother any guy could have. He even put himself on the shelf, when he was going through that bad spell, and brought out robot-brother just so I wouldn't have to lose faith in my real brother. Alex is so perfect for him. I bet they stay together forever. I wouldn't mind Alex as my sister-in-law and Greg as my brother-in-law. Add Barbara Nelson as a wife and It would be like I won the lifetime lottery!

I also have a new job for about a week. It's impossible for David to shower by himself with two casts, so my job is to be his washer and dresser. I love it! No, seriously! It gets me even closer to him, although he made me wear a swimsuit. I told him I didn't mind being naked with him but he said it was just in case something happened and I had to go get someone to help. I guess that makes sense, but the other thought was a little bit naughty ...just what I love!

Anyway, I read the doctor’s instructions carefully, all about how to wrap the casts in plastic. I’m gonna be the best nurse ever – at least for this couple of weeks …hehe. As I was wrapping his leg cast, I noticed a strange note with no signature.

“Did Alex put this note here? The one about angels on crutches?”

“No, hers is the one with her name and mine inside the big heart.”

“Oh-oh. Another girl has her eye on you?”

“No, nothing like that.”

“Well? Don’t keep me in suspense.”

“I can’t remember.”

“You realize you can’t lie to me, don’t you?”

“Look Tommy, it’s sort of a private thing. I really can’t tell you.”

“David, I know Twoey wrote that. How does it feel to have a gay boy crushing on you?”

“I can honestly say, Twoey did NOT write that note. I’m not lying to you. OK?”

“OK, sorry.”

Now I’ve gotta find out who wrote that note!

After the shower and Aunt Sarah’s yummy breakfast, he asked me to help him get over to Gary’s. He has to wear shorts and it’s cold out, plus he’s still a klutz on those crutches. So I draped Dad’s long overcoat around his shoulders and supported it, while making sure he didn’t stumble. Jeez, it was like taking care of a baby, but I loved every minute of it. Gary and his dad met us at the door and helped David up to Gary’s room. Then Mr. Galli came back with me to spend some time with my dad and Aunt Sarah. It was fine with me cuz I got to go back to bed. All this shit happened too early on a day off. I usually sleep till afternoon on days like this.

 

David

Thanksgiving dinner was at Gary's house and the Messers were invited too. Liz was at her boyfriend’s house so, except for the adults, it was all guys: Gary, Tommy, Twoey and me. And there was tons of food! The usual turkey and fixings, but then a special dish appeared! To understand it better, I’ll begin with our morning.

I came over early to spend some meaningful time with my best friend. Gary had been spending a lot of time with Mel and I had been on my little crusade with Enos, so it’s been a while since we had the opportunity for best buddy bonding. I mean, we used to spend tons of time in his room or mine. Today we knew his mom would be busy in the kitchen, starting early in the morning. We’d only be in the way downstairs. His dad and mine were at my house, so we decided to spend time in his room. Not that it was any big decision ...hehe.

Tommy helped me on the trip over and I managed to get upstairs with Gary’s help. After a few minutes to regain my breath and let the pain recede, the first thing I did was apologize to by bud for my behavior. I tried to explain how single focused I became with Johnson and knew it upset all my friends and especially him. But he was blaming himself somehow. That didn’t even make sense to me.

I did get a bit of a surprise to find out Twoey got Mike and Alan down here from Syracuse to talk some sense into me. I laughed a lot at that thought and so did Gary. Then he got serious and explained how what they did embarrassed him, cuz he figured he should have been the one to do it. I found out they were here when I got abducted and beaten. Gary said they were walking up to my house to talk with me when the cops came and told Tommy I was in the hospital. Wow! I’m gonna have to thank both those guys and apologize to them too.

After we talked for a while, Gary and I heard a noise out front, like a noisy truck. He came over to the window I was sitting next to. We looked out to see both our Dads carrying an insulated box into the house. There was a big truck on the street with a motor behind the cab, like a refrigeration unit. That’s what was making all the noise.

We were about to go downstairs when Gary stopped me.

“No, let’s stay here. It’s probably some surprise my father dreamed up and we shouldn’t spoil it. Plus, you have a hell of a time going up and down these stairs. I’m sure we’ll find out later at dinner.”

So we played video games until early afternoon when the football games began. At around 3:00, Twoey came upstairs and shortly after so did Tommy. The four of us guys were draped over the chairs and bed while the adults were yakking away downstairs.

Damn! Twoey looked fine today. His shirt brought out the color of his eyes perfectly.

Finally, it was time for the feast. Seating for the dinner placed me at the head of the table so my leg cast could stretch out. It sort of felt like I was sitting side-saddle on a horse. Mr. Galli was to sit at the other end, opposite me. It seemed everything was on the table. The turkey had been carved and all the side dishes were there too. However, there was a big space left among the plates at the center of the table.

A strange little scene occurred when Mr. Galli carried out a huge plate and put it on the table. On that plate was a large stuffed fish!

Mr. Galli explained his brother John had this huge fish shipped to his house from NYC in a refrigerated truck this morning. It was a lake trout he must have caught when he was in Canada with Grampa last summer. Anyway, Mrs. Galli had stuffed and baked it.

Gary sat to my left, so I was looking right at him when his father entered with the fish. Gary instantly froze and it seemed he was getting emotional. His eyes were actually filling up. Suddenly, a thin smile crossed his face but it looked as though he forced himself to get sober again. As soon as the fish was on the table, he stood, walked to his father and hugged him tightly, then kissed him on each cheek. It was like a little ceremony.

After that, he and his father sat down and, without anyone asking him to: Gary. actually. said. grace.

“On this Thanksgiving Day we have much to be thankful for. Of course, we are thankful for the bounty before us. We are thankful for our family and good friends. We are, on this particular day, thankful for the safety of Twoey and David. These two friends were nearly taken from us this year. We are thankful they weren’t. Thank you Mom and Dad for everything you do for us. And a very special thank you and prayer for my godfather, Uncle John.”

The only thing strange about Gary’s prayer, beyond the fact he even made one, was the inclusion of his uncle. I know he sent the fish, but it seemed there was more to it than that.

Anyway, after that we dug in. The Galli’s sure know how to celebrate! It was way too much food for me and even though I only had a small sample of each dish, my stomach was bursting! I think I’ve lost weight again and it’s hard to eat a lot. The stuffed lake trout was fabulous. Thank goodness we waited until after watching all the football games before we attempted the desserts.

Back to the meal.

As I said, Gary was seated to my immediate left. Tommy was next to him, then Twoey, who was sitting on Gary's father’s right side. Mr. Galli was at the other end of the table. The way I was positioned, Twoey was on my left and I was virtually looking right at him during the meal. From time to time, I would catch myself looking at him only to find him already looking at me. Then he'd look back at his plate, blushing. Sometimes he'd look up and catch me looking at him. I'd look down at my plate and blush.

I could tell this thing we used to have was going create weird and difficult moments until we settle into forgetting about each other to concentrate on our boy/girl friends. I guess it was just extra tricky today because they weren't here and also because we were both only a couple of days into the new relationships. I'm sure it'll only get easier each day from now on.

Later at bedtime, I hesitated again about calling Twoey. I called Alex instead. One nice thing about Alex, while we never run out of things to say to one another, she doesn't waste hours on the phone. So we only talked for about 45 minutes.

I slept very peacefully, for once. I think I dreamed of fishes.

 

Matty

Well, I was a busy boy on the phone tonight. With the holiday weekend, I thought I might get lucky and score a double header with Twoey on Friday night and then move Chuck along on his sexucation Saturday night. But Twoey answered my text with the news he and Erik were a couple now! So I lost two hookups in one bit of news. I'm happy for them though, even if I'll miss them ...for a while, anyway ...hehe. Actually, he was having dinner at Gary Galli's house and gave me another bit of sad news.

David is now going out with a girl and, according to Twoey, this one is a serious girlfriend. There goes my David quest ...shit. When he told me her name was Alex, I remembered her bugging me at school for information about his condition. She is awfully pretty and even gave me a couple kisses on the cheek as a thank you. She scared me shitless though. I’m not used to girls, let alone pushy ones.

Twoey also told me Erik has his own car! Oooo ...those two are gonna move this relationship along pretty fast now. Although I have to admit, I never saw Twoey as an exclusive bottom or subservient in any way. But if he’s Erik’s little boy, then that’s what he really is, I guess. Sex does strange things, right?

Chuck was eager though. So eager he agreed to stay over both Friday and Saturday night and, of course, be with me all day Saturday. I'll have to come up with something for us to do Saturday afternoon. I already have lots of ideas for the nights!

For certain, one of those ideas is he ain’t getting out of this weekend without fucking me.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Happy Thanksgiving, and it does indeed seem happy. Just one little cloud from Matty on the horizon, but the rest seems pretty blue skies...suppose the David-and-Alex show is going to get high ratings from everyone they know, but I still want to know about what Ginny thinks of Erik with Twoey, and about her thoughts on David. I kind of miss her good sense. I wonder if Alex can fill the space Twoey left? All this holiday festivity is probably good for all concerned, though it appears Chuck is about to have an athletic weekend...great chapter, and of course, this being Thanksgiving, I want second helpings, now, please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh, what a Happy Thanksgiving. Tommy seems to be looking forward to David giving up on Twoey and jumping into the Alex camp. Seems everybody, including David, wants to get into the Alex camp. Can only see trouble ahead, though.
Does Matty know something no one else does? When is Twoey going to realize that being Erik's boyfriend involves something more than hugs and kisses. Would he be willing to be a dominated bottom to Erik? Can only see trouble brewing there, too.
Great chapter skinny, but please 34 chapters to go equals how many more weeks we have to wait for the end? It's Thanksgiving, serve up another plate of your wonderful story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

It never ceases to amaze me how much there is a lack of communication with people in this story. In fact I'm having a bit of trouble relating to any of these characters because they're so much different with my own experience in life. What I mean is, there's definitely instances where people hold stuff back, or I have, but I don't all the time. Every SINGLE character in this story always holds back an important tidbit that another character should know. Or they never ask a follow up question like EVER. I could see one of two characters perhaps having this incredibly strange quirk of hording all information to themselves, while at the same time never trying to obtain any new information through asking questions of things that spark their curiosity, but absolutely every character behaving this way all the time. In every circumstance? It does strain credibility a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was a really good Thanksgiving. Tommy taking care of his brother was priceless.. I'm glad that David and Gary could connect again.. Twoey and David making eyes at each other..
Matty gave sort of a hint about Erik.. Twoey subservient? I'm guessing this will play a part in the problems ahead..
Nice chapter SkinnyD...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think I missed something because I don't understand the significance of the fish.
We know Eric is a user, and I seem to recall he never submits, being always on top...I don't see that working for long with Twoey. Once again, I'm done wasting my thoughts on David...and I'm close to that with Twoey if he really has given up so easily on David--I guess he's forgotten the depth of the bond they had in their healing place. It just doesn't seem like him.
I hope Matty is good to Chuck, and actually has some consideration for his feelings rather than just wanting a way to get release.
Disappointed in Tommy even more, his feelings belie his words of unconditional support for his older brother--preferring him to fit in rather than be himself. As for Alex, the less we see of her the more I'll like it...she's another predator with concern only for her own desires--this story is chock full of those.
A chapter moving the story past these disastrous matches wouldn't be unwelcome, my friend. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/17/2016 04:27 PM, najaate said:

So excited, read next chapter.

Thank You n!

 

Something tells me you've read too many chapters in just a few days ...hehe.

 

Thanks for the encouragement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2016 04:37 AM, Parker Owens said:

Happy Thanksgiving, and it does indeed seem happy. Just one little cloud from Matty on the horizon, but the rest seems pretty blue skies...suppose the David-and-Alex show is going to get high ratings from everyone they know, but I still want to know about what Ginny thinks of Erik with Twoey, and about her thoughts on David. I kind of miss her good sense. I wonder if Alex can fill the space Twoey left? All this holiday festivity is probably good for all concerned, though it appears Chuck is about to have an athletic weekend...great chapter, and of course, this being Thanksgiving, I want second helpings, now, please!

Thank you Parker!

 

Everyone seems happy with David and Alex. Of course, it has only been one day. And since she wasn't there on Turkey (or Fish) Day, it hasn't even technically been one day. We'll watch with great interest. Like David and Twoey watching each other. :P

 

Meanwhile, Chuck marches on!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2016 05:21 AM, CarlHoliday said:

Oh, what a Happy Thanksgiving. Tommy seems to be looking forward to David giving up on Twoey and jumping into the Alex camp. Seems everybody, including David, wants to get into the Alex camp. Can only see trouble ahead, though.

Does Matty know something no one else does? When is Twoey going to realize that being Erik's boyfriend involves something more than hugs and kisses. Would he be willing to be a dominated bottom to Erik? Can only see trouble brewing there, too.

Great chapter skinny, but please 34 chapters to go equals how many more weeks we have to wait for the end? It's Thanksgiving, serve up another plate of your wonderful story.

Thank you for the fine comments, Carl!

 

Tommy may have a few different motives. We know he never trusted Twoey very much and blamed him for David's unhappiness. He sees Alex as making his brother happy. That is major for him. ...he, himself, might even have a minor crush ;)

 

You are spot on and agree with Matty about any relationship with Erik. Maybe Twoey will soften Erik, and maybe Erik will sweep Twoey into his web. We'll watch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2016 06:05 AM, spikey582 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much there is a lack of communication with people in this story. In fact I'm having a bit of trouble relating to any of these characters because they're so much different with my own experience in life. What I mean is, there's definitely instances where people hold stuff back, or I have, but I don't all the time. Every SINGLE character in this story always holds back an important tidbit that another character should know. Or they never ask a follow up question like EVER. I could see one of two characters perhaps having this incredibly strange quirk of hording all information to themselves, while at the same time never trying to obtain any new information through asking questions of things that spark their curiosity, but absolutely every character behaving this way all the time. In every circumstance? It does strain credibility a bit.

Thank You Spikey for your observations and comments!

 

There are a couple factors at work here, I think.

First, we're dealing primarily with boys ...high school aged boys.

That subset of the human race is naturally inclined to be reticent, unlike their female counterparts.

That subset is also one which has learned to never probe. It is a dangerous thing to do.

There is the addition of special circumstances.

One example would be Gary. He cannot betray a sterner set of rules.

Sam cannot betray his sources.

David doesn't betray anything to even himself.

All this causes what appears to be the non-communication issue.

 

But they DO all communicate. The usual, non-threatening everyday stuff. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2016 06:47 AM, Defiance19 said:

That was a really good Thanksgiving. Tommy taking care of his brother was priceless.. I'm glad that David and Gary could connect again.. Twoey and David making eyes at each other..

Matty gave sort of a hint about Erik.. Twoey subservient? I'm guessing this will play a part in the problems ahead..

Nice chapter SkinnyD...

Thanks Def!

 

Gary and David need that connection. We've seen without it, each is miserable.

 

There may well indeed be problems ahead for Twoey and Erik. Twoey is getting more smitten by the day, so he may not see the web until it is too late.

 

I know! Can David and Twoey EVER not have that special thing?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2016 07:48 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

I think I missed something because I don't understand the significance of the fish.

We know Eric is a user, and I seem to recall he never submits, being always on top...I don't see that working for long with Twoey. Once again, I'm done wasting my thoughts on David...and I'm close to that with Twoey if he really has given up so easily on David--I guess he's forgotten the depth of the bond they had in their healing place. It just doesn't seem like him.

I hope Matty is good to Chuck, and actually has some consideration for his feelings rather than just wanting a way to get release.

Disappointed in Tommy even more, his feelings belie his words of unconditional support for his older brother--preferring him to fit in rather than be himself. As for Alex, the less we see of her the more I'll like it...she's another predator with concern only for her own desires--this story is chock full of those.

A chapter moving the story past these disastrous matches wouldn't be unwelcome, my friend. :)

Thanks for the review and great comments, CG!

 

I think you are correct about Twoey and Erik. We can only hope Twoey is strong enough to assert himself.

I don't think he so easily gave up on David, but simply faced what he saw as the facts. In fairness to him, he doesn't understand the special problem in David's background, so he is taking it at face value that David must be straight.

But they can't break the connection, can they?

 

As I noted in my reply to Carl's review, Tommy views Twoey as making his brother unhappy. Alex makes his brother happy (he thinks) - end of story for Tommy. It's a no-brainer.

 

Alex's older brother being gay may give her the insight needed to actually help David. She probably just needs to get herself under control first ...hehe. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Back after a week of travelling and look - two Twoey updates! Yay! But I don't see the importance of the fish, even though this seems to be a Big Deal for Gary. Perhaps it's only because of his interaction with Uncle John lately; it must have some significance because *everything* has some significance in Skinnyland! :-)

 

Hints of impending trouble in the Erik/Twoey pairing. I can't see Twoey sticking around with a domineering Erik for very long. Apparently it is well known in the (amazingly large) gay boy community in that small town, at least Matty's comment implies that it is general knowledge.

 

I was sure that Twoey wrote that comment on David's cast! I don't have the time to go back to check right now, but I can't imagine who else it could have been. But surely David wouldn't purposely lie to Tommy! And what would be the point? All will become clear eventually, right? Right???!! :-) Thanks, Skinny!

 

BTW, Skinny, you should change your copyright notice to '2016'...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/22/2016 07:23 AM, jess30519 said:

Back after a week of travelling and look - two Twoey updates! Yay! But I don't see the importance of the fish, even though this seems to be a Big Deal for Gary. Perhaps it's only because of his interaction with Uncle John lately; it must have some significance because *everything* has some significance in Skinnyland! :-)

 

Hints of impending trouble in the Erik/Twoey pairing. I can't see Twoey sticking around with a domineering Erik for very long. Apparently it is well known in the (amazingly large) gay boy community in that small town, at least Matty's comment implies that it is general knowledge.

 

I was sure that Twoey wrote that comment on David's cast! I don't have the time to go back to check right now, but I can't imagine who else it could have been. But surely David wouldn't purposely lie to Tommy! And what would be the point? All will become clear eventually, right? Right???!! :-) Thanks, Skinny!

 

BTW, Skinny, you should change your copyright notice to '2016'...

Thanks jess, glad to see you're back!

 

Impending trouble, probably. Unfortunately for him, Twoey is currently in a love haze.

 

Actually, it was Erik who wrote the comment on his cast. David was being technically correct, but clearly misdirecting Tommy's thinking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Tommy is such a wonderful brother! I think a lot of 13-year-olds would complain about getting up extra early on a holiday, and helping their brother in the shower and then to a friend's house. Of course we know David would do the same exact thing w/o any complaint. These two have such a wonderful, special relationship. :)

 

I also didn't get the significance of the fish during Turkey Day dinner. Why was Gary getting all emotional? Was it a sign that his uncle is fine and nothing happened to him while on the "Catch/Kill David's Would-be-Killers" quest? Maybe the fish was sent as an indirect message to the family that Uncle John and David's grandpa are fine.

 

Ok, so tell me NO ONE at the dinner table noticed David and Twoey sorta making eyes at each other and then BLUSHING???? lol Damn! If Sam were there he would have noticed! lol

 

Wait, wait, wait!!!!! No mention of Ginny in this chapter -- wasn't she there with Twoey? She and David didn't exchange hugs or anything? What's going on there? Of course SHE would see the eye exchanges between her son and David!

 

I think I understand how Alex is going to fit in and help David. She does have a gay brother, after all. :P

 

I thought Matty really liked Chuck? I hope he's not just using him. I'm sure since Matty was Chuck's first, Chuck thinks a lot more about Matty -- first loves and all that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/25/2016 07:08 AM, Lisa said:

Tommy is such a wonderful brother! I think a lot of 13-year-olds would complain about getting up extra early on a holiday, and helping their brother in the shower and then to a friend's house. Of course we know David would do the same exact thing w/o any complaint. These two have such a wonderful, special relationship. :)

 

I also didn't get the significance of the fish during Turkey Day dinner. Why was Gary getting all emotional? Was it a sign that his uncle is fine and nothing happened to him while on the "Catch/Kill David's Would-be-Killers" quest? Maybe the fish was sent as an indirect message to the family that Uncle John and David's grandpa are fine.

 

Ok, so tell me NO ONE at the dinner table noticed David and Twoey sorta making eyes at each other and then BLUSHING???? lol Damn! If Sam were there he would have noticed! lol

 

Wait, wait, wait!!!!! No mention of Ginny in this chapter -- wasn't she there with Twoey? She and David didn't exchange hugs or anything? What's going on there? Of course SHE would see the eye exchanges between her son and David!

 

I think I understand how Alex is going to fit in and help David. She does have a gay brother, after all. :P

 

I thought Matty really liked Chuck? I hope he's not just using him. I'm sure since Matty was Chuck's first, Chuck thinks a lot more about Matty -- first loves and all that.

Thanks Lisa!

 

Yes, David would do the same for Tommy. They have a very special relationship. Sometimes it seems the ONLY relationship in that family. :P

 

The fish did seem to be a sort of message, didn't it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..