Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,237 Words
  • 4,129 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 96. Week Fourteen Friday, December 5, 2014: Overwhelmed

Tell me, thou villain slave, where are my children?

 

Richard III - WS

 

 

***

 

“David, see how your little fish enjoys being rubbed?” And there was Burch, floating in the water with me and stroking the back of a little fish, which started to grow into a bigger little fish. I began splashing and kicking at Burch as he tried to calm me with what he was saying. Then he began to hug me and...

I woke up! Shit! How much weirder are these damn dreams gonna get? Totally tangled in my quilt again, I was sweating all over. No wonder I was kicking in my dream. I think these are all going to stop when my casts come off on Monday and I can finally sleep under the covers again. It’s got to be the damn quilt wrapped around me that’s causing all these struggling dreams. What else could it be? At least I didn’t scream this morning.

Or maybe I did because Tommy came in right then. I was happy to see him since, at that point, I really needed a shower.

“Why are you all sweaty?”

“I got tangled in the quilt and had a weird dream because of it.”

“Only three more days to go, brother.”

“Yeah. You’re probably happy about that too.”

He grinned. “Well, I’ll get 15 more minutes of sleep.”

When the gang got here for their morning visit, Nels explained Lauri had a talk with her sister about Cal, but it seems Lanni had already heard about his reputation from others and she was now out of his clutches. Damn! I had already come up with a few neat ways to deal with Cal. They all involved lots of pain on his part. Ok, I decided I could go back to my No-Hate policy ...hehe.

Even after they left I was thinking about Lanni until I got up to my room and saw Demian sitting on the table. It was time for Demian.

Chapter 3. This one had me starting to think. I found myself identifying with young Sinclair, who is just beginning to admit he has his own world divided into two parts. The public part, where he conforms to what’s expected of him – the good world – and the private part, where he is the typical guy my age: discovering sex, keeping secrets from his parents, lying, and sinning – the bad world.

But in this chapter, Sinclair has decided that both worlds are part of who he is. In the past he kept the bad world controlled and invisible, even to himself. As he said, the good world was the world of his childhood, where everything went smoothly and other people did his thinking for him.

I thought, Jeez, that was exactly right! That was one of the reasons why I’ve been so torn. You see, I liked that world! But it doesn’t exist anymore.

Demian told Sinclair, “You’ve never lived what you are thinking, and that isn’t good.”

I thought, maybe that was me! I think about so much new shit, but when I live it, I don’t take it to heart. I don’t make it part of me.

I realized I can’t call this new, more grown-up world bad because that’s what it is. It is the substance of what it means to grow up! Look at what I’ve done! Spying, blackmail, provoking! It was not bad, it was what was necessary! Yet I refused to take it seriously, as part of me. I created David2 to do that stuff.

Shit, It hit me. This was only me growing up! It was what one had to do to survive!

Then I began to think of more stuff. Look at what I’d been blind to! My friends have lived in their bad world.

Danny and Twoey. They were having SEX!

Gary and Mel are having sex!

Erik and Twoey. They are having sex! They are embracing their bad side.

I began to remember a few things. I recalled the first day. The day Twoey stared at me! Then in the hospital, Twoey kissed me. I kissed Twoey. I remembered when he patted my ass a while ago.

I wondered, did Twoey want me? I think he did. It wasn’t a bad thing, merely the next step in his life. He was embracing it. Well, I guess I should have said he wanted me. He’s got Erik now. But, at the time, I refused to acknowledge his desire. I packed it all away into an area of my mind, to never be visited again.

But then I got the uncomfortable thought, did I want Twoey? I mean, I kissed him. Not just those hello kisses, but in the hospital I really kissed Twoey. Look how fast I tucked that away into the same locked box with his desires. I ran away from it; ran down to get coffee.

I was seriously thinking about all those things. Then I thought of Alex. I have Alex. But, I’ve been keeping her at arm’s length. I was sure I could have all the sex I could handle from Alex. She certainly has her bad world completely under control. But do I want to? Why can’t I embrace Alex? I like her. I always did. From the first moment I met her. But why can’t I embrace her? Why can’t I live David and Alex?

And how did I really feel about Twoey? I mean, I said I was in love with him, and I was! As I thought about it more, I still was. I still love Twoey. That’s when I began having trouble getting my head around all those conflicting thoughts and emotions. I hoped something in this book would help me clarify the jumble in my brain. Fuck! I began to realize how messed up I really was.

Was my being uncomfortable with Erik simply my own jealousy? I began to question my motives. After all, why should I interfere with Twoey’s happiness? He wasn’t interfering with me and Alex. But then I remembered Sam was uncomfortable with Erik too. So something was definitely wrong there.

I kept thinking. Could there be justification for my not liking the Twoey-Erik dynamic for good reasons, but also have me jealous ...independently?

Crap! I realized there was a lot of shit to sort out there. I decided, maybe it was time for meditation. I only had a vague concern before, but I had some specific questions now, and most of them involved me!

All this confusion was on my mind as I decided to visit my healing place. I hadn’t been there in so long, it took several countdowns to create the serenity required to enter my mental room overlooking the crashing ocean waves. Putin was still there, as I hadn’t dismissed him yet. I knew he’d probably be too dangerous to entrust with this part of my own brain, so I thanked him for achieving the results I wanted with Pastor Johnson, who is now out of my life. It didn’t all go as I had planned, but it somehow worked. And so I retired him. He can go back to fucking up Russia, I guess.

I looked at the big screen to study the dynamic between me, Alex and Twoey. I expected a triangle. That wasn’t what I found, though. What I saw was a lopsided quadrilateral which included a person who truly surprised me.

Randy.

The quadrilateral was clearly unstable and quivering, as though it were about to collapse onto itself! I simply stared at the screen in utter disbelief.

Randy?

Well, obviously this was going to require some outside help. So I went to the elevator and waited for a helper to appear. I mused over the weird and diverse list of previous helpers: Derek Jeter, Joseph Heller and Vladimir Putin. Who would emerge from the elevator today when the bell dinged? You’re not supposed to be thinking about anyone before your helper appears, because you can’t force a helper. But I have to admit, my brain sort of expected Hermann Hesse. I didn’t even know what the dude looked like. BUT, just as with the other helpers, I could never, ever have guessed this one in a million years. Out walked Danny McCane.

Danny?

I stared at him, stared at him, stared at him, and then my eyes began to fill up. He placed his arm over my shoulders, exactly as he always did. A feeling of calmness and rightness suddenly swept through my body. I held him. I held him tightly for a long time. Finally, when I released him, he spoke.

“The clock is running out! If you are not careful, it soon will be time for you to join me, David.”

“What?!”

“David, you need to confront your problem. This is the hidden problem which lives inside you. Now you will return to consciousness while I work here, in your brain. Come back tomorrow and we’ll develop a plan. The plan to allow you to discover what you don’t want to discover, to know what you don’t want to know, to remember what you don’t want to remember and to do what you don’t want to do. It is your last and only chance. Fail, and you will join me sooner than you should.”

Then he gently kissed me and continued.

“You have been a good friend to my brother. Continue to be a good friend to him. Go, he’s almost here.”

And I woke up!

I shivered.

I didn’t have much opportunity to ponder his chilling words of warning or the confusion about his brother. I thought, why would Carl McCane need me to be a good friend? I didn’t have much time because it was time for lunch. I went down to make a sandwich before Chuck arrived. Danny was still on my mind when the boy who could have been his younger brother arrived. The mere sight of him threw me for a loop. But Chuck was all smiles. He told me he would be staying over tonight and Saturday with Matty. He blushed and giggled so cutely! While we were eating, I suggested he and Matty should drop in sometime Saturday afternoon for a few minutes. I hadn’t seen Matty in a while. I sort of missed him.

Suddenly I got new insight to what Danny had said.

“Chuck, you mentioned your mother, but not your father. Where does he work?”

“I don’t have a father.”

“Everyone has a father. Do you mean you can’t remember him?”

“No, it’s not that. Jeez, this is sort of embarrassing. According to Mom, when she was younger she had a fling with a young lieutenant, who was based here. I guess he was already married, but I was on the way. Anyway, he was about to get a promotion and move across the country to another base. He bought us the house we live in, so ‘my son can have a decent life’ and set up an annuity to provide a monthly income. I guess the family he came from was pretty rich. So that’s all I know about my father.”

And that’s all I needed to hear. Chuck was Danny’s little step-brother.

As Chuck was leaving, Aunt Sarah was answering the house phone. I soon discovered the call involved me. She passed me the handset.

“David? It’s your father. I’ll be home soon to pick you up. We’ve been asked to go to the police station for you to be interviewed. Our lawyer will meet us there. Try to dress as well as you can. I know it’s hard with the crutches. I think it would be wise to contact Alex and cancel any visit today. OK?”

“Um ...yeah. Am I in trouble?”

“No, but since it is a police interview, I think the lawyer is a good idea. Don’t worry about anything.”

What? Was he fucking crazy? I was going to be ‘interviewed’ at the police station, where I needed a lawyer, and I wasn’t supposed to worry?

This time it was Aunt Sarah who helped me brush my teeth, clean up a bit and find some clothes that would fit my temporarily encumbered body. It was a good thing Tommy showered me this morning!

Dad arrived at about two o’clock and, once again, I sat-lay in the back seat. When we arrived, I met our attorney, Mr. Colucci. I had never met him before. I didn’t even know we had a lawyer. He talked with the same accent Grampa has.

After signing in, we were ushered into a room where two men were waiting. The three of us sat at a long table opposite those guys. I had to take an end seat so my leg cast could stretch out to my left. Of the two guys opposite us, one was the prosecutor who had come to my house. I had forgotten his name, but he re-introduced himself as Harold Black. He introduced the other guy as BCI Senior Investigator Charles Moreland. That guy looked scary. But I decided I needed to say something to establish myself as more than a schmuck.

“BCI? What does that stand for?”

Mr. Black spoke. “I’m sorry, David. That’s the Bureau of Criminal Investigations. It’s part of the New York State Police.” Moreland didn’t say anything. Anyway, I felt I had to say something before this questioning began.

“Didn’t you guys get my answer that I was going to let the State handle the deal/no-deal decision? What’s left to investigate?” My lawyer was holding back a smile. Maybe he was supposed to ask these questions? I decided I’d better shut up and let the adults take over.

Mr. Black answered. I guess he was the only one of those two who was gonna talk to me.

“Yes David, we got your decision. Thank you for responding so promptly. Normally that would have been enough, but your case has had a new development. It seems the two juveniles involved have died.”

My eyes popped wide. “Died?”

“They committed suicide.”

Holy shit! I didn’t think I held back my surprise very well. So much for me being a cool witness!

“Together? Like a suicide pact?”

“No. They were being held in different locations to prevent them from interacting with each other. But they did die on the same night. Two nights ago.”

Vixere!

I couldn’t stop talking. My lawyer must have been going nuts!

“Isn’t that a little hard to believe? They each would be able to commit suicide in different places at the same time without discussing it with each other?”

“Yes. Of course it is. That’s why we need to ask you a few questions. You may have a piece of information which will help with the investigation. Can we begin?”

I looked at Dad and Mr. Colucci, who nodded.

“Shoot.”

Shit! That was probably not the best word for me to use.

Finally, the Moreland guy took over.

“What was your relationship with these three before the assault incident?”

“Mr. Burch was my social teacher until a few weeks ago. The vice-principal switched me out of his class.”

“Why did he do that?”

“I don’t think Mr. Burch liked me. He had given me a poor grade on an essay. When he returned it, I said some things that got me sent to the office. That’s when I got switched.”

“Did you threaten him?”

“No, nothing like that. I just asked if I was supposed to regurgitate propaganda to get good grades. I can’t remember my exact words, but it was something like that. I sort of lost control. I’m usually much cooler.”

I smiled, but he did not.

“You had no other interaction with him, outside of the classroom?”

“None – Wait! A couple weeks before they attacked me, I noticed him in our church for the first time. I mean, the first time I noticed him. I suppose he had been always attending. I never knew he went there until then. But we didn’t speak or anything.”

“How about the two boys?”

“Well, I knew who Coulton was. I didn’t know the other boy at all, except I had seen him in the Teen Service we had. So I knew he was somehow church related.”

“Had you ever interacted with the Coulton boy?”

“Not until about a month ago when he moved into our neighborhood. He lived on the next street over.”

“Were you friends?”

“Absolutely not! He was a little creepy. I even chased him away from my house when I found him looking into our front window.”

“Can you explain that confrontation in more detail?”

Shit! But I decided to tell the truth.

“I was returning from my evening run. Cross Country season was still going. I had a morning and evening 6K run. Anyway, I noticed him in front of the house. I warned him away.”

“You warned him. How did you do that?”

“Yeah, not my finest hour. I think I threatened him harm if he didn’t stay away from my house. I only said it to scare him away.”

“So you had a history of conflict with Josiah Coulton.”

That fucker was putting words into my mouth!

“No! That was the only time I ever talked to him. He was just creeping me out.”

“So aside from what you just described, there was never other contact between you and any of the three.”

“No. Whatever they had against me was related to that crazy religion. Burch said he was going to beat the demon out of me when he took the swing that knocked me unconscious. It was the kind of bullshit Pastor Johnson was always preaching.”

“Do you know of anyone else who knew these three, who might have been hostile toward them?”

“No. How could I?”

Ha! You didn’t think I was going to mention Gary or Uncle John, did you?

At that point Mr. Colucci stepped in, noting there was obviously nothing more I could add to help the investigation and demanded the questioning be finished. I didn’t think Mr. Moreland was too happy, but he really had nothing else legitimate to ask. And so Mr. Black thanked me and we left. Outside, before we parted, Mr. Colucci told me I did a great job. He said I should go into law.

On the drive home, I started to put the pieces together in my mind. Everything was all sewn up, right? I mean with Gary’s note. Vixere told him they had lived. Now the ‘they’ part of it made sense. So that meant everything made sense right?

NOT.

I’m smarter than that! Gary got the note last Saturday. Coulton and his buddy ‘committed suicide’ Wednesday night. Gary said my decision didn’t matter. Like Coulton was not the issue, or would be dealt with later.

So I realized this did not address vixere!

Not. At. All.

But I now knew what did.

As I looked back on it, today was sort of filled up with TMI. After dinner, I went to my room, turned off my phone before I plugged it into the charger. I lay on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I did a lot of thinking – a lot. At some point, I fell asleep for the night.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I do have to say that no matter what there's not going to be any sort of neat ending to this tale. I'm obviously that's kinda how life is, so that's fine. It's just that it doesn't seem plausible that David will have any kind of emotional stability by the end. He's just barely going to figure out that he was sexually abused at a very young age, and it was traumatic enough that he's blocked years worth of memories out of his life. Even if he figures out that's why he's in total denial of his sexuality, it doesn't seem like realizing that will bring him any closer to Twoey, or anyone really.

 

What feels particularly tragic about this whole situation is the fact that now Burch has been killed and PPF and his "mother" have all conviently stepped out of the story, he doesn't have anyone he can confront about the abuse. He might not ever get any real closure on this. Though I guess it could be said that Burch got what he deserved for messing with a little kid like that, I don't know how much that will help David in the long run.

 

It does make me wonder what all was going on with that church and how many more victims there might be? PPF used to make Liz uncomfortable sitting on his lap. It's definitely inferred that he was a pervert too. He might have had a collection of women he made regular visits to, but were there some much younger girls he might have been messing with? There's still a ton of unanswered questions about all that.

 

I'm glad that his meditation helped this time. It seemed like it wasn't doing him much good lately. I think he may have had some kind of breakthrough regarding the Alex situation, but then again David seems very slow lately. At least he realizes he's in love with Twoey still. This thing about this being his last chance feels extremely foreboding. Is David still in danger? Perhaps Erik is even worse than imagined. Or perhaps David might somehow be a danger to himself?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Spike asks excellent questions, and I'm sure not going to repeat them for emphasis. David feels unsafe, and his dream interview with Danny reinforced that. I can see several possible real sources for that unease, all of them quite sinister. I do wish Danny had been as clear and focused as David's other meditation guides. David is certain to need someone rocklike and stable to hold onto, for the next few weeks look to be the most turbulent yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter! I feel like things are finally off and moving forward again after a period of marked retraction in speed of plot development. Bricks are now laying into place for David, and for the reader. We still haven't figured out what Erik's deal is, but as spikey as mentioned the possibility of multiple victims, perhaps Erik is another and his behaviour with Twooey is his way of dealing with it. Ah, speculation. Keep up the great work!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I wasn't too surprised to learn the two others 'commited suicide'...what was unexpected was Danny being the spirit guide for this part of David's psyche, and the revelation that Chuck is his brother. The warning of this being David's final chance is troubling, but I think it refers not only to him and Twoey, but also his sanity...if he doesn't face up to things and accept himself, he will be most likely a victim of suicide or madness.
Coming up on the end, but at least David has begun to see there IS a problem. :)
Hurrah--no Alex!! Let's have her slink off into the sunset with Eric.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Excellent chapter! Finally, David is beginning to "see" there's something wrong with him and he needs to take some responsibility for his life instead of internalizing everything. More hints of abuse from Burch, but will the healing offered by Danny mean anything in the end or will David overreact and join Danny in the nether world?
Randy? Nice job, go ahead a throw a wrench into the mix this late in the game. Or, is it? Only a few weeks to go, can we look forward to a David/Randy relationship?
Now vixere has only two victims to go, Johnson and the woman who will forever remain nameless. How will David react when he hears of their deaths?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh yes! I can hear the protesting, rusty, corroded hinges of that door to David's past that Danny is valiantly working on opening, finally! And thank goodness it's Danny and not Hermann Hesse who stepped out of the elevator! Hesse may be a great writer, but he was lousy at managing his own relationships. He wouldn't have been any help to our hero. Apart from writing "Demian", of course! And it is surely no coincidence that it was Chuck that gave the book to David... does this mean that Danny can exert some influence over events in David's life? I certainly hope so!

 

Randy is Alex's close friend, of course, but why he appears in the relationship diagram between David, Twoey and Alex is unclear. Unclear to David, too! Is it that he will eventually convince Alex that David's true destiny is to love Twoey and not her? Okay, I'm presuming here, but hey. We'll just have to wait and see, as usual.

 

Does the timing of Uncle John's message to Gary mean that PPF and TWWSFRN are already dispatched? Does David's father know, since his own father almost certainly does? And surely David's dad knows what Burch did all those years ago - shouldn't he be guiding David through this period and leading him back to Dr. Keating? So far, I'm not at all impressed by dear old Dad. But he could turn out to be key - in Skinnyland, anything is possible! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter SkinnyD.... I admit to being confused about Randy's role now, but not so much about Chuck once Danny mentioned brother. The guys had commented more than once of the familiarity... I'm even more happy that he and David are friends.. How could David join Danny in his world? That's a frightening thought so David better brace himself for what he's about to face, and not give in to it either..
I have faith though, he's slowly realising his true feelings and motivations with regard to Twoey and Erik.
I can't even begin to wrap my head around the double suicide and what that may mean for PPF and that woman.. I'm not sorry, but...
Ok, I'm ready for more now....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 01:00 AM, spikey582 said:

I do have to say that no matter what there's not going to be any sort of neat ending to this tale. I'm obviously that's kinda how life is, so that's fine. It's just that it doesn't seem plausible that David will have any kind of emotional stability by the end. He's just barely going to figure out that he was sexually abused at a very young age, and it was traumatic enough that he's blocked years worth of memories out of his life. Even if he figures out that's why he's in total denial of his sexuality, it doesn't seem like realizing that will bring him any closer to Twoey, or anyone really.

 

What feels particularly tragic about this whole situation is the fact that now Burch has been killed and PPF and his "mother" have all conviently stepped out of the story, he doesn't have anyone he can confront about the abuse. He might not ever get any real closure on this. Though I guess it could be said that Burch got what he deserved for messing with a little kid like that, I don't know how much that will help David in the long run.

 

It does make me wonder what all was going on with that church and how many more victims there might be? PPF used to make Liz uncomfortable sitting on his lap. It's definitely inferred that he was a pervert too. He might have had a collection of women he made regular visits to, but were there some much younger girls he might have been messing with? There's still a ton of unanswered questions about all that.

 

I'm glad that his meditation helped this time. It seemed like it wasn't doing him much good lately. I think he may have had some kind of breakthrough regarding the Alex situation, but then again David seems very slow lately. At least he realizes he's in love with Twoey still. This thing about this being his last chance feels extremely foreboding. Is David still in danger? Perhaps Erik is even worse than imagined. Or perhaps David might somehow be a danger to himself?

Thanks so much Spikey!

These are really focused comments and you certainly see some of the problems which lie ahead.

 

He's got three major problems: his orientation, his abuse and his attraction to Twoey. He's only aware of the latter, and because of the first two, there can be no resolution of the latter.

 

So, I guess, first things first -- right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 01:26 AM, Parker Owens said:

Spike asks excellent questions, and I'm sure not going to repeat them for emphasis. David feels unsafe, and his dream interview with Danny reinforced that. I can see several possible real sources for that unease, all of them quite sinister. I do wish Danny had been as clear and focused as David's other meditation guides. David is certain to need someone rocklike and stable to hold onto, for the next few weeks look to be the most turbulent yet.

Thanks Parker!

 

Rocklike and stable. Now who in his life could that be? Gary? Sam? Alex? Randy? Do any of them seem to be what he needs?

 

There is only one more major character of "18 Weeks" yet to emerge. Could a thin and wiry freshman fit the bill?

 

Seems unlikely. We'll watch though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 04:34 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

I wasn't too surprised to learn the two others 'commited suicide'...what was unexpected was Danny being the spirit guide for this part of David's psyche, and the revelation that Chuck is his brother. The warning of this being David's final chance is troubling, but I think it refers not only to him and Twoey, but also his sanity...if he doesn't face up to things and accept himself, he will be most likely a victim of suicide or madness.

Coming up on the end, but at least David has begun to see there IS a problem. :)

Hurrah--no Alex!! Let's have her slink off into the sunset with Eric.

Thanks CG!

 

I think you are very correct that Danny's warning does not apply to the joining of David and Twoey. And that makes it all the more ominous.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 01:54 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Great chapter! I feel like things are finally off and moving forward again after a period of marked retraction in speed of plot development. Bricks are now laying into place for David, and for the reader. We still haven't figured out what Erik's deal is, but as spikey as mentioned the possibility of multiple victims, perhaps Erik is another and his behaviour with Twooey is his way of dealing with it. Ah, speculation. Keep up the great work!

Thanks lux!

 

Multiple victims, including Erik? An interesting proposition.

 

You're right. I think out little pause for breath after his assault has now come to an end.

Now where are those seat belts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 06:35 AM, CarlHoliday said:

Excellent chapter! Finally, David is beginning to "see" there's something wrong with him and he needs to take some responsibility for his life instead of internalizing everything. More hints of abuse from Burch, but will the healing offered by Danny mean anything in the end or will David overreact and join Danny in the nether world?

Randy? Nice job, go ahead a throw a wrench into the mix this late in the game. Or, is it? Only a few weeks to go, can we look forward to a David/Randy relationship?

Now vixere has only two victims to go, Johnson and the woman who will forever remain nameless. How will David react when he hears of their deaths?

Thanks Carl!

 

Joining Danny is, unfortunately, a distinct possibility if David doesn't start getting less clueless - fast!

 

I think by the end of the chapter, clueless David finally put vixere all together. He won't be surprised if they end up dead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 07:17 AM, jess30519 said:

Oh yes! I can hear the protesting, rusty, corroded hinges of that door to David's past that Danny is valiantly working on opening, finally! And thank goodness it's Danny and not Hermann Hesse who stepped out of the elevator! Hesse may be a great writer, but he was lousy at managing his own relationships. He wouldn't have been any help to our hero. Apart from writing "Demian", of course! And it is surely no coincidence that it was Chuck that gave the book to David... does this mean that Danny can exert some influence over events in David's life? I certainly hope so!

 

Randy is Alex's close friend, of course, but why he appears in the relationship diagram between David, Twoey and Alex is unclear. Unclear to David, too! Is it that he will eventually convince Alex that David's true destiny is to love Twoey and not her? Okay, I'm presuming here, but hey. We'll just have to wait and see, as usual.

 

Does the timing of Uncle John's message to Gary mean that PPF and TWWSFRN are already dispatched? Does David's father know, since his own father almost certainly does? And surely David's dad knows what Burch did all those years ago - shouldn't he be guiding David through this period and leading him back to Dr. Keating? So far, I'm not at all impressed by dear old Dad. But he could turn out to be key - in Skinnyland, anything is possible! Thanks, Skinny!

Thanks jess!

 

You know, you have asked all the right questions. I know they are because I can't answer them without giving stuff away. So keep reading (hehe), but most of the answers will be rolling around pretty fast, well as fast as things get in David's world. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 07:41 AM, Defiance19 said:

Great chapter SkinnyD.... I admit to being confused about Randy's role now, but not so much about Chuck once Danny mentioned brother. The guys had commented more than once of the familiarity... I'm even more happy that he and David are friends.. How could David join Danny in his world? That's a frightening thought so David better brace himself for what he's about to face, and not give in to it either..

I have faith though, he's slowly realising his true feelings and motivations with regard to Twoey and Erik.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around the double suicide and what that may mean for PPF and that woman.. I'm not sorry, but...

Ok, I'm ready for more now....

Thanks Def!

 

Randy will offer some critical insight for David. I can't say any more now. :) Danny and Chuck bros, wow. That's something.

 

Danny's warning is one David better pay attention to -- but we know how his mind wanders.

 

The only hope for 'PPF and her' is to be hiding somewhere in the jungles of Brazil.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 12:43 PM, Milos said:

There's that thread of mystery that we've come to love.

Thanks Milos!

 

Yeah, there always seems to be just a little more going on than meets the eye.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wonderful and fantastic chapter skinneydragon ... big thanks!

 

Great time to catch up (I've been a little preoccupied for a couple of weeks, haven't read anything). Danny! Finally, David gets a new helper. And you were right, I never would have guessed who it would be, not in a million years. Awesomely cool development. That Danny and Chuck are related should not have surprised me given all the little hints, but it did.

 

As for Danny's ominous warning .... PPF and the woman are still unaccounted for. That has bothered me for quite a while. I never thought David would really be safe until PPF is dispatched ( Vixare?).

 

David, our patron saint of clueless, did a fantastic job with the investigators.

 

I can't wait to learn how Randy really fits into the quadrangle.

 

I'll admit, I miss all the comical moments that existed in almost every chapter before PPF disappeared. Since then, the story has become much more serious, much fewer moments of levity. Nonetheless, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last several chapters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/19/2016 07:28 AM, said:

Wonderful and fantastic chapter skinneydragon ... big thanks!

 

Great time to catch up (I've been a little preoccupied for a couple of weeks, haven't read anything). Danny! Finally, David gets a new helper. And you were right, I never would have guessed who it would be, not in a million years. Awesomely cool development. That Danny and Chuck are related should not have surprised me given all the little hints, but it did.

 

As for Danny's ominous warning .... PPF and the woman are still unaccounted for. That has bothered me for quite a while. I never thought David would really be safe until PPF is dispatched ( Vixare?).

 

David, our patron saint of clueless, did a fantastic job with the investigators.

 

I can't wait to learn how Randy really fits into the quadrangle.

 

I'll admit, I miss all the comical moments that existed in almost every chapter before PPF disappeared. Since then, the story has become much more serious, much fewer moments of levity. Nonetheless, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last several chapters.

Thanks for the review oxala, and welcome back!

David would welcome you back too except he's got this girl all over him and he's been a little distracted lately.

 

I'm sorry the story has lost some of its lightness, but those were ugly times. Anyway, tomorrow morning's stream of consciousness from our clueless hero may give you a smile or two!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I was surprised to see Danny come out of the elevator. It was wonderful seeing him, although I did not like the warning he gave David. As everyone else mentioned, PPF and TWWSFRN are still out there. I'm assuming somehow Grandpa and Uncle John had Josiah Fucking Coulton and the other boy "taken care of", although I wouldn't put it past PPF either, just to make sure they stayed quiet. But, PPF and TWWSFRN are still a threat to David.

 

Now of course, Danny could have been talking about David harming himself. We don't know how he's going to react once he figures out what Burch has done to him all those years ago. And of course those repressed memories could be preventing him from realizing his own sexuality. How will dear old Dad take it when he realizes that Burch was sexually abusing his son right under his nose?

 

I know the clues were there for such a long time, but I was still shocked to find out Chuck is Danny's stepbrother. So Chuck never even knew Danny? What a shame.

 

Wonderful chapter, Skinny! As usual! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/13/2016 02:40 PM, Lisa said:

I was surprised to see Danny come out of the elevator. It was wonderful seeing him, although I did not like the warning he gave David. As everyone else mentioned, PPF and TWWSFRN are still out there. I'm assuming somehow Grandpa and Uncle John had Josiah Fucking Coulton and the other boy "taken care of", although I wouldn't put it past PPF either, just to make sure they stayed quiet. But, PPF and TWWSFRN are still a threat to David.

 

Now of course, Danny could have been talking about David harming himself. We don't know how he's going to react once he figures out what Burch has done to him all those years ago. And of course those repressed memories could be preventing him from realizing his own sexuality. How will dear old Dad take it when he realizes that Burch was sexually abusing his son right under his nose?

 

I know the clues were there for such a long time, but I was still shocked to find out Chuck is Danny's stepbrother. So Chuck never even knew Danny? What a shame.

 

Wonderful chapter, Skinny! As usual! :)

Thanks Lisa!

 

Danny was a surprise, but if David is going to survive these last days, only Danny will be able to help him navigate those dangerous waters.

 

I wonder how Danny and Chuck would have acted with each other, if they had known.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..