Jump to content

Change of Heart

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Western, Romance

Attorney Jeffrey G. Adams feels antsy even though life in Chicago is actually going very well. Still, going back home to Texas for the holidays after almost three years away feels like the right thing to do. Maybe the change of scenery and a chance to visit with family and friends will settle his disquiet. But, maybe the change he really needs is not a physical change at all. Maybe the change Jeff really needs is a Change of Heart.

Once back home, he'll learn that the best "life’s lessons" are almost always a shared experience.

 
Caveat Lector!  
First and foremost this is a love story. At more than 40 chapters, I think one "role play" bondage scene and one death by gunshot is fairly mild in the realm of fictional gay drama.
Just like many people, sex, religion, and politics are candidly discussed. The intent is to better flesh out my characters and to make this story more real. Their views may not align with yours. As the author, Robert A. Heinlein, said of my favorite book, "Stranger in a Strange Land" "It is an invitation to think – not to believe." If you refuse to allow your opinions and beliefs to be challenged, doesn't that, by definition make you a bigot? (See, you're thinking already.)
Copyright © 2017 sojourn; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (6 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 6
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 5
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CincyKris

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This entertaining saga is set in the same town as Gordy Comes Home and TR's Tale.  We meet several unforgettable new characters and catch up with a few old friends.  Warning: this is addictive, you will need to carve out some time to binge read!

Response from the author:

Thank you for such kind words.

Jim

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
pickuptoy

· Edited by pickuptoy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Sojourn has done an excellent job writing this story. His characters captivated me and pulled me in so much, I wanted to read the next chapter as soon as I finished one. He makes you fall in love with his main characters and even his supporting characters makes you want to hear their full story. He makes you hate the bad characters and want to jump in the story and slap them, or worse. All 3 of his first stories including this one are all tied together. I have read all the comments of and responses from the first chapter of his first story thru the end of this one. Seems each story he only intended to write a one chapter short story that ended up being multiple chapters. And he seems to let his characters lead his story as he writes. Something that you don't see a lot. I just hope he continues on with more series of stories in this Texas saga.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Change of Heart is a beautiful cowboy romance set in modern day Texas. Jeffrey Adams is a successful Chicago attorney who guiltily returns home to visit his beloved aunt and uncle. He only plans to stay a short time, when a sweet young lady and her father catch his heart.  The Adams family are loving, respectful, loyal and honest.  They use some amazing resources and common sense to combat the bigotry and corruption in their town.  The story is filled with fun, adventure and intrigue.  The dialogue sparkles with wit and wisdom.  I loved reading this wonderful story.  I highly recommend reading this imaginative and warm tale.

Response from the author:

I was wowed by your review. To have one review like that is both flattering and challenging. 

Thank you very much,

Jim

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..