Jump to content
    sojourn
  • Author
  • 3,254 Words
  • 6,976 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Change of Heart - 3. Chapter 3

I would really appreciate some feedback.
 
Maria was more than happy to tell Jeff all about the ranch and the horses which she loved and the cattle which she thought were noisy and smelly. Cattle, in her mind, were on about the same scale as boys. Paul asked if they could take Jeff's Tahoe since his Explorer was set up to be his 'office' on wheels? After a quick phone call and shifting the car seat into the Tahoe the trio took off for Uncle Joes. Jeff made a mental note of the car seat for another Amazon order.
 
Arriving at the stables they were greeted by Joe and a man in his late thirties or early forties. He was taller than Jeff at about 6' 4". His face was ruggedly handsome with broad shoulders, sandy blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes. He broke into a wide toothpaste white grin when he saw Paul. Jeff was all too familiar with the effect that Tom Braxton's grin could have on a fella's libido. He wasn't pleased when Paul shyly returned that grin.
 
When he and Tom shook hands, Jeff noticed Tom's grip was extra firm. It was almost but not quite a challenge. Instead of commenting on not having seen Jeff for three years, Tom muttered a "nice to see you again". Before Jeff could utter a reply Tom stepped much too close to Paul (in Jeff's opinion) grabbed his hand and simply held it. "Doc, it's good to see you. Seems like a month of Sundays since you last come with the Princess to ride. When you come round to check on the ponies it seems you no more get here than you have to head out for some other place. We plain don't see enough of you here."
 
It was clear to Jeff what kind of ride Tom really had in mind and just how much more of Paul he wanted to see. It was easy to see Paul was flattered by the obvious attention.
 
"I know I should come round with Maria more often. I suspect she tags along with Mr. Adams out here every chance she gets. She's all-time talkin' about you and the horses. She's even talked about becoming a barn manager like you so she could spend all day with horses. She's picked a good role model. I wish every barn manager was as knowledgeable as you. It would make my visits go so much smoother. Joe tells me y'all got some new stock in isolation that we need to examine. Business is kind of slow right now so bout anytime you're ready will be good for me."
 
Jeff felt this 'mutual admiration' bullshit had gone on long enough. He would make sure he was around for any 'examination' being conducted with those two involved. He loudly cleared his throat.
 
Tom and Paul broke contact and turned to look at Jeff. Paul looked a bit guilty. Tom looked slightly annoyed. Tom recovered first, "Joe said y'all would want to be out for a couple of hours so we packed some water and snacks. These days we get good reception pert near everywhere on the ranch so just call if you need a hand. Or..." A pause, then staring into Paul's eyes while licking his lips Tom, more softly said, "Or you just want some company."
 
Finally, he shifted his focus to Jeff almost as an afterthought, "Jeff, heard you was back. Your family really missed you a lot. Your Aunt and Uncle have been on pins and needles waiting for your arrival. Sorry I wasn't here to greet you when you first showed up. I was in Phoenix looking over some stock. Just got in late last night. I think you're gonna like what I brought back. It wasn't cheap, but Joe agreed it was a good bargain. They're penned up at the number 3 barn waiting for Doc's approval before we mix them in with the herd. They'll make good cow ponies and look like excellent breeding stock."
 
As much as he didn't want to flatter Tom, especially now in front of Paul, but Jeff felt he had to respond truthfully, "Tom, you know we Adams have every faith in your horse sense. I look forward to checking out the new stock. I'll try to spend some time with you and catch up now that I intend to be around more. I wanna be involved with the breeding and training of our horseflesh. I plan to move back here and help Uncle Joe with the ranch." As Jeff made that declaration he draped his arm over Paul's shoulder in what he meant to be a proprietary gesture. Tom definitely noticed and was definitely not pleased. Paul looked into Jeff's eyes with a welcoming warmth. Jeff was happy with both men's expression.
 
Once more smiling Tom focused his attention on Maria. He squatted down, "Princess, I got Bluebell saddled up and I know you two get along just fine. I got your stirrups set up for you." Maria, just like her daddy, beamed at the handsome man's attention. "I brought you back something from my trip. I know it's close to Christmas but when I saw this and it looked so lonesome I figured it ought to belong to someone who could give it a good home. I'll get it right now so's you can leave it in the truck while you ride." Turning toward his office inside the stable he motioned to someone further inside and a couple of stable hands led out the three horses.
 
Paul recognized Nevada, a four-year-old blue roan gelding. He remembered commenting on his strikingly beautiful color to Tom. When Tom came back out with a bag in hand he watched as Paul openly admired his mount. Tom winked at Paul to let him know that he had chosen Nevada especially for him. Jeff didn't see the wink nor did he notice the slight flush on Paul's face.
 
Maria stifled a squeal of delight as Tom knelt down and pulled out a Build-A-Bear pony that looked surprisingly like Trigger. Also inside the bag were a stable, bridle, saddle, hair extensions and a few other doodads designed to inspire a little girl's imagination. After surveying her bounty Maria flung herself into Tom's arms with such enthusiasm he was momentarily knocked off balance and gave him a wet sloppy kiss on his cheek. "Ooh! I love it! I love it! Thank you. Oh, thank you."
 
Not for the first time this morning Jeff considered the fact that he had some serious competition for the hearts of the Wilson family. Jealousy flared a little brighter as he momentarily considered handing Maria the reins to the real Trigger in an effort to edge out Tom with some serious one-upmanship. He forcefully subdued the green monster. He softly sighed and hoped that even if they were smitten by Tom Braxton they would still have room to love him.
 
Tom, with an arm still wrapped around Maria, asked, "Think you can come up with a proper name for such a fine piece of horseflesh?"
 
Without hesitation, Maria smiled and answered, "His name is Pistol, son of Trigger." Tom assured her that was a right smart name for such a fine hoss. Maria was obviously torn between spending time with Pistol, her imaginary horse, and Bluebell the real thing. Reality won out and she ran to store the bag carefully in the backseat of the Tahoe.
 
Once everyone was all set Jeff started off at a walk. He carefully watched Maria for any sign of distress, half expecting her to be afraid of the 'big' horse. Instead, she seemed totally at ease handling the reins like aim old-time waddie. ("Waddie" was how real cowboys referred to themselves and their peers. "Cowboy" is a term coined in Hollywood.) Jeff glanced over her head to see a look of pride on her father's face. When Paul looked up he beamed when he saw how impressed Jeff was with his little girl's horsemanship.
 
Maria, oblivious to the exchange, tugged and pushed at her helmet. Jeff knew that Paul had made sure the fit was snug but not uncomfortable. "Daddy, I still don't see why I have to wear a helmet. I almost never see any of the Cowboys wear one."
 
"Honey, we have had this conversation before. If you want to ride, you will wear a helmet. Even if you are an excellent rider, you just aren't physically strong enough to handle a horse in an emergency. If you get thrown or get kicked in the head the helmet offers at least some protection. Just like wearing seatbelts. You know as well as I do, cowboys wear helmets. Maybe not all the time, but when they feel they need to take precautions. Jeff and I have been riding more years than you have been alive. I am not happy that you bring this up each time we ride. I hope you don't give Mr. Adams and Tom a hard time about wearing a helmet. Issues regarding safety are not up for discussion. I will remember your attitude the next time you ask if we can go riding."
 
"No sir, I don't give them no hard time." Then in a softer voice, she added, "Just you."
 
Jeff looked over Maria's head to see that Paul was trying hard not to smile. This was one of those situations where he blustered to make a point. Again, Jeff was impressed with Paul's parenting skills.
 
Trigger was full piss and vinegar but Jeff held him in check to stay with Paul and Maria. Mentally he promised to spend more time with his old friend. Tom probably had Trigger worked every day and the horse expected today to be no different. It was clear the stallion was eager to move out faster than this kid-friendly pace he was forced to maintain. It was obvious that Bluebell had been affected by the stallion's skittishness. He watched as Maria spoke softly to Bluebell and stroked her neck to reassure her. That young lady certainly showed more confidence than he remembered having at her age.
 
Paul kept a keen eye on his daughter and was fully aware of the stress the animals were feeling, "Think you can get her to move a little faster?", Paul goaded with a grin. Without any further discussion Maria clucked, began digging her heels into the mare's flanks and left the males to eat her dust. Paul immediately took off to try and catch up. Jeff was stymied for a moment while Trigger pranced beneath him. Neither could believe they had been caught off guard and left behind. In one accord they shifted immediately into a run and soon overtook the impertinent pair. Once they had passed the two horses Jeff had to forcibly slow his mount. Trigger had just reached the pace he wanted to maintain while Jeff just wanted to be with Paul and Maria.
 
By the time they decided to take a water break Jeff was blown away by Maria's skill. After a couple of hours had passed Maria was showing signs of fatigue. She staunchly denied she was tired of riding. Fortunately, they were within sight of the big barn so the men allowed her to set the pace for the final leg. Jeff marveled as he watched her tiny legs work the side of her mount as she tried to get maximum speed from the half-ton animal. Once she was at a full gallop her laughter seemed to dance on the air. Paul appeared to be perfectly at ease with the situation. Jeff was unsure if he would have believed someone talking about how a child this young could ride so confidently.
 
Once they arrived back at the stable Maria waited patiently for help to dismount. As she waited she stroked Bluebell's neck and spoke softly of what a good girl she was. Neither Joe nor Tom were present. The same stable hands took the horses to be cooled down and groomed.
 
The trio loaded up once again into the Tahoe and drove to the ranch house.
 
Aunt Mellie had lunch already when they arrived. Jeff bragged to Joe and Mellie about Maria's equestrian skill. He learned that Maria rode almost every day at the ranch. She had been in the saddle with her dad even before she could walk. Maria admitted that Bluebell was not a really big horse but she was certainly better than 'some little old pony' like some of her classmates rode. Jeff chuckled at the idea that Maria was being a horse snob.
 
Mellie, after quietly having asked and received Paul's permission, invited Maria to go shopping and to spend the night. She had pointed out to Paul that Maria wanted to buy her father a Christmas present and that Paul had an early morning job interview. This plan would save Paul precious time and allow Maria to sleep in instead of being rudely awakened at some ungodly hour. Paul agreed but insisted on giving Mellie money for the shopping. Jeff, knowing his Aunt knew Maria would come back with clothes or something worth more than whatever cash Paul had forced her to accept.
 
After getting an enthusiastically positive response, Mellie insisted Maria get a bath and take a nap before they began their expedition. "You cannot be seen in public being grumpy and smelling like a horse." Maria acquiesced with a yawn. Jeff noted that his Aunt Mellie didn't talk down to Maria like adults often addressed children.
 
Jeff learned that the Princess spent so much time here that she had her own room with extra clothes in her closet. Maria headed out of the kitchen with Mellie but stopped at the doorway. She turned back and came to Jeff's side. With a somber look on her face, she asked "Mr. Jeff, I don't want my daddy to be alone tonight could you have another sleepover with him?"
 
Paul blushed but remained silent. Jeff could see the smirk on his Uncle Joe's face while Aunt Mellie seemed to focus on something in the hallway. "Princess, I will consider it a royal command to keep your daddy safe tonight." The Princess extended her arms and Jeff bent into them to receive and return a royal hug.
 
Before she left a second time Paul insisted on getting a hug explaining that he and Jeff would be leaving in a few minutes to take care of the animals, including the puppy, at their house.
 
Once they were driving off the ranch Jeff realized he wasn't sure what was going to happen once they took care of the animals back at Paul's place. He definitely didn't want his time with Paul to end. Especially when he had committed to spend the night with him. "Paul, would you go on a date with me tonight. I... uh... I mean like dinner and a movie. It won't be much, I mean dinner at this diner out on the highway I used to go a lot. They used to serve really good food especially their pies. The movie, well, that is, I think the theatre's open tonight."
 
Jeff glanced over to see Paul busily working his phone. Suddenly he wasn't sure Paul had even been listening. Just about the time he was convinced Paul had been ignoring him in favor of his phone, "Yes."
 
"Yes, what?"
 
"Yes, I will go on a date with you. Yes, you can buy me dinner and yes you may take me to the movies. "La La Land" starts at the theatre at seven. If we get drinks and popcorn, I insist it will be my treat. Being that close to dinner, we probably won't get snacks. But, be warned I seldom see a movie without getting snacks.
 
"Just so you know I love movies. I haven't been to a theatre, except to see a cartoon movie with Maria, in a long, long time. I haven't seen any of The Lord of Ring movies or the Hobbit movies, not even on DVD. And, I am a huge Tolkien fan. While I am at it, you may as well know I am a sci-fi fan also. I can't stand slasher movies or even really scary movies. Also, I occasionally insist on a rom-com. I can sit through any action flick but I reserve the right to rip on it if it is bad, which most usually are. Though I try to respect other people's tastes. Now, what are your tastes in movies?"
 
"Let me just say that we have similar tastes in movies. You forgot to mention the Marvel and DC movies. I like most all of those. We can binge watch a lot of movies once I get my stuff shipped down from Chicago. I kind of have a lot. I think you would enjoy most of them, especially on my home entertainment center. I went overboard and bought a tv that was really too big for my living room but the movies are awesome. There wasn't a lot of time during law school. When I first started working, going out for any reason, was pretty much a non-event. Later, when I had more time I bought the DVDs and would veg out eating dinner while watching a movie. That is if I didn't have work to do."
 
"As for music, I like all kinds except hard rock and rap or hip-hop. Listening to that just makes it easier to appreciate any other genre. I am very fond of the sixties and seventies oldies. I suspect mom and dads collection is still somewhere in the house. I remember laughing at some of the old-fashioned dance moves they..."
 
Silence descended. Paul reached out and gently rubbed Jeff's shoulder. They rode the rest of the way to Paul's place in companionable silence.
 
Once there, they let the puppy out into the fenced backyard do his business. They walked out to the barn only to find, as Paul had predicted, Seth Hines, his part-time help, had already been there. Back at the house, Jeff took a seat on the lumpy sofa to give Paul time to get a shower and get dressed for their date. Paul had just put the puppy back in his kennel and was now staring at Jeff questioningly. "Didn't you hear me talk about a shower?"
 
"I figured you would shower and change here and I would do the same at my place since I don't have any clean clothes here. But, if you don't mind..." Jeff said as he got up and approached Paul. "How about you get some clean clothes and we can shower at my place." Then he took him in his arms and whispered in his ear, "If you play your cards right, I'll even wash your back." When he licked inside the shell of Paul's ear he could feel the man gasp and shudder.
 
Paul pushed him away and said softly, "That's the best offer I've had all day. I'll only be a minute."
 
As Paul moved to step by Jeff he was grabbed forcefully. Jeff kissed him deeply then released him saying, "Don't bother with underwear. I want you going commando tonight."
 
Thank you for reading. Please give me some feedback.
Copyright © 2017 sojourn; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 44
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am loving this story so far. Jeff is a great guy. He's smart he knows how to get his man , his kid. If you can get the kid too like that's about ten points in your favor. I'd watcvh out for tom. In my opinion something's off about him. Can't wait for the next chapter!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I read the first three chapters today. Liking the story and the great character development. Will Tom cause trouble? You are off to an interesting start. Where are the other two stories posted?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/21/2017 08:09 AM, RayC said:

I read the first three chapters today. Liking the story and the great character development. Will Tom cause trouble? You are off to an interesting start. Where are the other two stories posted?

Thanks for taking the time to review my story. I hop you continue to enjoy it as it unfolds. Here are the links to the two stories you asked about. Let me know what you think.

Jim

 

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/sojourn/gordycomeshome

 

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/sojourn/TR39sTale

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 02/20/2017 07:32 PM, Scotrik1 said:

This is a touching story. I love it!

Thanks for taking your time to review it. Let me know what you think as it goes along.

Jim

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 02/20/2017 03:15 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I am loving this story so far. Jeff is a great guy. He's smart he knows how to get his man , his kid. If you can get the kid too like that's about ten points in your favor. I'd watcvh out for tom. In my opinion something's off about him. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Hey, they Say great minds think alike. I believe Tom will have a chance to prove himself. We'll see. Thanks for reviewing my tale.

Jim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I feel that Jeff would become a great dad to Maria, if he and Paul were to marry, eventually; but that's getting ahead of ourselves ... Jeff seemed genuinely taken with the child, not only because he was attracted to her father.

 

Would Tom be a competitor for Paul's affection ? Would Jeff's boss give him grief over quitting his job ? Which direction will this story go ?

 

One small problem - the tags that go with the story description, one of them is BDSM - unfortunately I'm super sensitive to this kind scenes, it would be most helpful to me if you would kindly post a warning at the beginning of any chapters with description of such activities ... I'd very much appreciate it.

 

:thankyou: and best regards to you Jim !

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/22/2017 03:03 PM, hohochan657 said:

I feel that Jeff would become a great dad to Maria, if he and Paul were to marry, eventually; but that's getting ahead of ourselves ... Jeff seemed genuinely taken with the child, not only because he was attracted to her father.

 

Would Tom be a competitor for Paul's affection ? Would Jeff's boss give him grief over quitting his job ? Which direction will this story go ?

 

One small problem - the tags that go with the story description, one of them is BDSM - unfortunately I'm super sensitive to this kind scenes, it would be most helpful to me if you would kindly post a warning at the beginning of any chapters with description of such activities ... I'd very much appreciate it.

 

:thankyou: and best regards to you Jim !

Chapter four is in the works. Thanks for reviewing my story. Not sure if there will be some descriptive BDSM. I checked that box just in case. However, if I decide to include any I will be happy to post proper Warnings in chapter notes. Thanks for the review.

Jim

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Today was a binge of the first three chapters. I like your characters. Jeff and Paul are more than your typical gay romance characters. I love Maria and the other supporting characters. Your dialogue sounds real and believable to me. Like Hobo I am curious to see if Tom will complicate things The romance is off to a good start. I am looking forward to more. Thanks. Jeff

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/24/2017 01:40 PM, JeffreyL said:

Today was a binge of the first three chapters. I like your characters. Jeff and Paul are more than your typical gay romance characters. I love Maria and the other supporting characters. Your dialogue sounds real and believable to me. Like Hobo I am curious to see if Tom will complicate things The romance is off to a good start. I am looking forward to more. Thanks. Jeff

Tom has garnered some attention on another website where I post some of my stories. He certainly be a challenge for Jeff.

Thanks again for taking your time to review my story.

Jim

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well, another really good chapter. This has not had the impact that Gordy Comes Home had; at least not yet; and I certainly hope never in the same way... I had that one figured out early, and just got heartbroken early and often...
I have to admit that Tom caught my attention; have to wonder how much he will go against one of his bosses; but it could make for an interesting time...

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/25/2017 03:34 PM, centexhairysub said:

Well, another really good chapter. This has not had the impact that Gordy Comes Home had; at least not yet; and I certainly hope never in the same way... I had that one figured out early, and just got heartbroken early and often...

I have to admit that Tom caught my attention; have to wonder how much he will go against one of his bosses; but it could make for an interesting time...

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review. Tom just stepped right in there, bold as brass. Without a thought to what his boss was thinking or feeling. Clearly another alpha male. Could make for an interesting pissing contest.

Thanks again,

Jim

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Oh, jealousy! Well sent up and described...Tom had better watch out, because Jeff has definitely laid claim. But will Tom contest it? And how cute the 'sleepover' request is. And convenient...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/26/2017 06:36 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, jealousy! Well sent up and described...Tom had better watch out, because Jeff has definitely laid claim. But will Tom contest it? And how cute the 'sleepover' request is. And convenient...

Yeah, Jeff was all about the green monster. Paul was lucky he didn't piss on his leg to show ownership. Sometimes children can be a handy plot device.... I got no shame. LoL

Thanks for taking your time to review.

Jim

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I feel sorry for Tom. he's obviously carrying a torch for Paul and has spent time wooing him and his daughter. And wham, the handsome, wealthy lawyer comes home and sweeps Paul off his feet. You had better find someone wonderful for Tom, to make up for it.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

I feel sorry for Tom. he's obviously carrying a torch for Paul and has spent time wooing him and his daughter. And wham, the handsome, wealthy lawyer comes home and sweeps Paul off his feet. You had better find someone wonderful for Tom, to make up for it.

Tom is a good man an shall not be forgot.

Thanks for taking your time out to comment.

Jim

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I am loving it! I hope there isn't a lot of friction between Jeff and Tom. I figure Tom is paid well for what he does. I hope he takes that in consideration in the coming chapters.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Thanks again for your comments. It is  a pleasure to see readers get involved with my characters and their struggles.

Jim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The romance is progressing nicely, though Tom's intentions towards Paul certainly spark some jealousy in Jeff.  I think that Paul is definitely loyal and wants Jeff, but it may be too early in the relationship to simply count Tom out.  Maria's comments are surprisingly helpful to Jeff.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/6/2022 at 4:22 AM, raven1 said:

The romance is progressing nicely, though Tom's intentions towards Paul certainly spark some jealousy in Jeff.  I think that Paul is definitely loyal and wants Jeff, but it may be too early in the relationship to simply count Tom out.  Maria's comments are surprisingly helpful to Jeff.   

and so we see the story grow with characters that insist on speaking for themselves. This was to have been a one chapter story for competition for gay short stories. When the competition fell apart, I found myself listening more closely to Jeff, Paul, and Maria.

thanks for your comments

Jim

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I’ve binged the first three chapters and must say I’m thoroughly enjoying this story. I hope Tom won’t be a problem but sense he will provide some angst. Otherwise there wouldn’t be 48 chapters more…lol.  I’m always looking for that “HEA” feeling and hope our little lawyer-vet-princess family get there!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Gene63 said:

I’ve binged the first three chapters and must say I’m thoroughly enjoying this story. I hope Tom won’t be a problem but sense he will provide some angst. Otherwise there wouldn’t be 48 chapters more…lol.  I’m always looking for that “HEA” feeling and hope our little lawyer-vet-princess family get there!

The family you make is as least as important as the family that made you.

Thanks for commenting,

Jim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great story. Have read it a couple of years ago but still like it. Love the way Jeff is going with the Princess 😘

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/6/2023 at 7:55 PM, Max said:

Great story. Have read it a couple of years ago but still like it. Love the way Jeff is going with the Princess 😘

It warms my heart to know that The Princess can capture a man's heart all over again.

Thanks, 

  Jim

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..