Jump to content
    Solus Magus
  • Author
  • 243 Words
  • 790 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Arcana Archives of Carmi'Esis - 3. Cornered and Drowned

I just finished helping three people get off their depressive modes. For some reason, they were triggered simultaneously and I am not able to go to them because they are three different people. After fighting alongside them for more than two hours, we've managed to pull through. We almost lost three good souls. Venting out their feelings through this piece.

E'noh Paio Gabek
High Magistrate
City of Rakhaz

There are times you want to run,
but there are times you want to dance,
yet all you see is through a black sun,
so you bet on a dead, broken chance.
You were looking for something fun,
but you’re captured by a dark romance,
because all you want is to be someone,
now trapped in an endless trance.

You said that you just wanted to be free,
a desire of your heart was but a dream,
stuck in the middle of the dead blue sea,
underneath the moon’s filthy stream.
So you run, escaping the demonic decree,
hoping that you won’t see the evil scheme,
but all hope has been hung on a tree,
because your life is brutally extreme.

Alive, yet waiting for your spirit to rot,
still, you fight against all dreaded malice,
the fragrance of paradise was a long shot,
yet you get drunk from the devil’s chalice.
Don’t look back, but still you’re caught,
for you’re inside the deceiver’s palace
all hope is now nothing but naught,
blinded by a black aurora borealis.

When will this suffering truly end?
For you have toiled with all your force,
to the deepest depths you are sent,
fending off the heart’s dark remorse.
But in weakness will you only transcend,
armed with people that help you enforce,
through them will the darkness suspend,
for they are charging on a white horse.

Copyright © 2017 Solus Magus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just now, BlindAmbition said:

Very well done Solus. I understand the depths of the black and dark hole.

Thanks! Even if the piece was almost entirely dark, I can't help but to put a glimpse of hope at the very end of the piece. Every depressed person should have the right to be given hope. The light at the end of the tunnel.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hope shines in the end, yet the dark still hurts and harms. You capture this well. The third stanza really got to me. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Hope shines in the end, yet the dark still hurts and harms. You capture this well. The third stanza really got to me. 

Thank you! As I've said before, we have every right to hope and dream for tomorrow. :D 

Link to comment

The "drowning" and "cornered" feeling brought on by depression is very real and could spark hopelessness. This poem describes that well. The rhyme scheme you used seems difficult to pull off, yet you did so masterfully. Another good piece :D!

 

- Bryant

Edited by BDANR
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BDANR said:

The "drowning" and "cornered" feeling brought on by depression is very real and could spark hopelessness. This poem describes that well. The rhyme scheme you used seems difficult to pull off, yet you did so masterfully. Another good piece :D!

 

- Bryant

Thank you. Well, I really have a knack for rhymes. For some reason, it sings to my ears that's I would always attempt to pull it off no matter what. And yes, my intention was for The Archives to sing to the souls of its readers. A dose of a dark reality, being poured into the beauty of poetry.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..