Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 15. Chapter 15

Scottish Pride

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

So far the new semester wasn’t going much better than the old one. It was still too crowded, now made worse with the addition of parkas and huge scarves wrapped around people to make them bulkier and therefore; easier to run into.

Cid sighed and slid down in his chair. He was chomping at the bit to get to art class and forget all about macroeconomics or whatever the hell the professor was droning on about today.

He doodled constantly these days in his notebooks; most of them were graphic images of skulls and death, but a few made it to the lighter side and a very overly-decorated “B’ or two in the mix, which he quickly covered up with more images of darkness. His mood? Not good. Basically he approached anyone who even attempted to talk to him with a ‘don’t ask’ glare.

Even his sometimes chatty class, Kellen, was silent. He got one evil eye look and Cid guessed he’d scared him off too. He pushed everyone away these days that wasn’t his longtime pal already.

Lunchtime arrived at last and he wordlessly chose some of the fare and scoped out a spot near the windows. He hadn’t forgotten about his stalker buddy but really hoped that he wouldn’t be coming back. Ever.

But that was way too much to ask for as Cid spotted the letch coming in through the doors. He ducked his head and tried to hide; but his appearance discouraged hiding.

“Well well…if it isn’t my favorite runaway?” the creepo jeered. “Hiding in plain sight, huh? Didn’t think I’d see those lovely locks?” his fingers reached up to touch Cid’s hair which made him flinch and bat his hand away.

“Keep your filthy paws off of me you weirdo. Why the fuck do you keep following me?”

A greasy smile formed on the boy’s lips. “I told you, freak. I like you. You give me a challenge I’ve never had before.”

Wonderful. Well like hell he was gonna play it up easy now. “How about getting it through your cinderblock brain that I’m not interested. At all. Zero. None. Zilch.”

The boy sat down across from him and Cid groaned loudly. “Seriously? Get the hell away from me, dude!”

“Not a chance. You’re not with your nerdy little buddy anymore, I can stay as long as I like.”

Cid got nervous as he saw the other students either pretended not to notice or kept it to themselves. One or two pulled out their smartphones; but probably just for their own fun. He was screwed unless he ran away right now. His stomach tightened and he gathered up his notebooks and began to wrap up his lunch as quickly as he knew how.

“Move it buddy.” A commanding voice entered the scene. Cid had to do a double-take as to who it was. It was Kellen! “You’re in my seat.”

Cid had to hide his relief and confusion at the same time. The bastard was still there and he thought for sure Kellen would have to call security or remove him personally. Although, given his classmate’s build, that didn’t look like it’d be a challenge. The kid was rock solid with muscle and no weakling.

“Looks like ‘ol freakboy has a new buddy, huh? You gonna make me move jerkface?”Kurt had such a way with words it made Cid cringe. But he kept his eyes focused on Kellen. His backpack was all set to go just in case they had to bolt.

Without even a breath in-between, Kellen grabbed Kurt’s collar and yanked him up out of the chair. The veins on his arms bulged but his eyes were stone cold and trained on the stalker’s ugly face.

“I think I said you’re in my chair.” Kellen shoved him aside and protected the table, chairs, and occupants. Most notably, Cid.

Kurt huffed and looked between the two. “Got yourself a bodyguard now, huh freaky? Nice. Fine. I’ll see you around campus.” His eyes turned to Kellen. “You too, asswipe.”

“I look forward to it. Now move it.” Kellen was unflappable! Cid was in awe of his stature, coolness, and most of all, his muscles. He breathed a sigh of relief but could feel his adrenaline start to wear off; his body shook a little as the cold air was let in from the nearby doors.

“Holy fuck…how did you?”

Kellen shifted in his chair and faced Cid. “Easy now, relax. I’m not following you too. I just know you always have art then lunch.”

That’s right, Cid had let Kellen know a little bit here and there. Maybe on some level he had hoped for a bodyguard. Didn’t he mention at one time he thought they were friends? Or at least wanted to be one? His mind was jello, and that was quickly dissolving.

“You don’t look too good, man.” Kellen noticed.

Cid shook his head. His whole body was shaking lightly and it was part adrenaline coming down and part relief. “I’ll be ok, really.”

“You’re good now, unpack your lunch and sit back for a while. These boneheads weren’t gonna do anything.” He indicated the other students who were all too busy on their phones to even notice much.

“Thank you.” He finally pushed out of his brain and through his lips. Kellen had saved him from yet another run-in. This was getting ridiculous.

“No worries, man.” Kellen smiled at him. His teeth were chipped and one was outright broken, but they looked nice anyway. His bright red hair was closely cropped to his head and had a wave to them. The red punctuated his bright green eyes and pale skin. Didn’t he say once he was Scottish?

Cid took a deep breath and felt his white knuckle grip on his backpack start to loosen. “Um….Scottish? Aren’t you?” his voice shook as he tried to grasp the concept that not only was he saved, but he had a listener. A friend. Maybe one he shouldn’t push away.

“Yeah, my parents were born there.” He answered as he dug in his pocket for his wallet. “Hey, I’m gonna go get my lunch, will you be alright?”

Would he? Cid looked around and watched for Kurt to reappear at any second. “I…I think so.” He was truly scared that his stalker would return.

“Tell ya what…” Kellen started. “Pack up your stuff and wait for me at the end of the line. That way you’re clear and I’ll get mine to go. We can bolt from there. Cool?”

It took a moment for the idea to sink into Cid’s beleaguered brain; but it finally landed. “Uh yeah, yeah. That sounds good. I need to eat and am on a break for a while.” He was shocked he’d revealed that much; but he didn’t want to be alone right now at all. “I don’t…” his eyes widened and he hoped his meaning was clear enough to the redhead.

“It’s cool, man. Chill. I have your back. Come on, we can goto my room.”

Cid paused. What did this guy expect in return for his ‘saving’? “I…I guess…” he stammered.

“Easy, dude. Scottish honor, ok? Just so we can bolt from the zombie throng here and maybe actually get to talk. Just talk.”

It was a very tempting idea for sure. Cid wanted to leap at the offer right off, but his skeptic side always barged his way in first. Talking was good; at least some of it. In Kellen’s room was…ok. He at least knew the guy and where he was from….a little bit anyway. He looked his classmate up and down. “What’s your last name?” was all he could think of. He had to get as much info for the dean or security if he needed it.

Kellen smiled again, but gently. His demeanor softened and he inched closer. “I promise, cross my heart, swear on my Scottish pride that I, Kellen McPherson will not hurt you.”

Cid felt his eyes mist over a little and he blinked it away. He had a buddy. One that he knew in his gut would have his back. “Then I, Cid Walker, will join you.”

It was like a vow, or a pledge maybe? Cid didn’t know for sure. Kellen was only the second that he’d told his last name to. He remembered when he told Billy his last name and it seemed to open the door to a friendship; but he’d slammed that door shut out of fear.

All he knew is that he was happy as hell that he didn’t have to run away today and hide away from Kurt. He had another chance to make a friend and hopefully keep it. Billy was very needy and wanted a relationship. He couldn’t handle that and would make that crystal clear to Kellen.

Right now though, he was just hungry.

“Let’s go eat.” He suggested.

Kellen nodded. “I’ll be right there.” He got in line and grabbed a few items and stuffed them in a bag. After he swiped his meal card, he hiked up his backpack on his shoulder and fell in alongside Cid. “Let’s go.”

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

This chapter showed a lot about Cid. It wouldn’t work with Billy. In some ways, he is Billy.

Cid puts up a strong front, but he’s vulnerable. He’d need a strong personality like Kellan. Kellan’s approach is also good. He isn’t pushing, or suffocating. The complete opposite of Billy.

Cid would be the big spoon to Billy. Cid needs a big spoon himself.

Totally agree. He needs his protector. He's all tough n badass, but it's a mask.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Wesley8890 said:

Billy can have frank! Kellan! Omg I love a Scottie!!!! Please tell me he owns a kilt!!!

Oh he definitely owns a kilt :) If Cid plays nice he might get to see it someday :P

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Well now I know how the semester is going for Cid.  Not well at all.  Glad that Kellen may be just what Cid needs now.  New relationships for the new school semester.  Thanks and looking forward to more.  

Also as a person of Scottish decent myself I would need to know,  highlander or lowlander?  

Edited by glennish
  • Like 4
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, stephanie l danielson said:

Oh he definitely owns a kilt :) If Cid plays nice he might get to see it someday :P

Is it a long kilt or a mini kilt?   And will Kellen wear it as a true Scotsman?  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, glennish said:

Is it a long kilt or a mini kilt?   And will Kellen wear it as a true Scotsman?  

Oooh, great question. He will go 'regimental' of course, but I didn't know there were two lengths!  Knee-length...is that long?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, stephanie l danielson said:

Oooh, great question. He will go 'regimental' of course, but I didn't know there were two lengths!  Knee-length...is that long?

It has to be long enough to cover the goods. Lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, glennish said:

It has to be long enough to cover the goods. Lol. 

You’re no fun! You don’t want a lil peekaboo?? 🤨

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

You’re no fun! You don’t want a lil peekaboo?? 🤨

lol I'll play peekaboo!  knee length is fine to me. Kellen has great legs though....lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

From nuisance to protector , interesting ! Kellen seems to be just what Cid needs. I don’t think Kurt is one to give in so easily though, he’ll probabky just get more devious! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yes, definitely, absolutely, for sure. Kellen is exactly what Cid needs. Like has been said, he's the exact opposite of Billy and perfect for Cid. As tough as he tries to be, Cid is a wounded child and needs someone to watch out for him, not someone who cried every time he tries to be honest.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..