Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 17. Chapter 17

Oh Billy...move on!

Chapter Seventeen

Billy POV

It was Valentine’s Day on campus and everything was decorated with reds, pinks, and white. The weather was snowy and cold; but the bright colors seemed to help take the bite out of the air just a little bit.

Admittedly, things had gotten better; his grades were fine, he and his sister had started a ‘meme war’ and at least daily they’d send the craziest looking meme they could find. His parents, mostly his mom, phoned to check on him daily too. He felt very watched but at the same time, very cared for and loved.

In that mix was Frank too. His friend and classmate had been by his side whenever he liked and lately it’d been more and more often. Billy’s heart was still a little bit in limbo, he had to admit; but as time wore on and he moved on from the hurt of Cid’s rebuff; he considered more and more giving Frank a chance to move up to the next level of their relationship.

Lunchtime! At last. Billy was starved and he took in the offered fare. Today they offered a 2-for-1 special for those on a ‘date’. He grinned to himself and thought of he and Frank sharing a milkshake or something. But he opted for pizza and a heart-shaped cookie he saved for later on.

As the cafeteria filled up with those seeking both sustenance and shelter from the bitter cold day, Billy caught sight of Cid, but he wasn’t alone this time. Some tall, buff red-haired guy. I hope that isn’t the one that was hassling him. Believe it or not he did still care about what happened to the surly artist.

He sat about four tables away and looked out the window at the cold, snowy campus and got a chuckle from how people were hurried along by the blast of wind that chilled you to the bone.

“Hi, class get out early?” It was Frank.

Billy turned his head and greeted his friend with a smile. “Yeah, I think we were all too bored to keep going. The cold air woke me up for sure.” He joked.

Frank studied his classmate’s face. “Everything ok?” he looked around and Billy noted that they were both looking at Cid. “Ah. Now I see who has your attention.”

“I…” Billy stammered. “No, I just haven’t seen him all year…”

“So now you do and you see he’s sitting with someone else that’s not you.” Frank was well…frank.

“I guess so.” Billy whimpered. Why did he still feel anything for Cid at all? He had a hot guy, ready and willing…what held him back?

Frank was silent for a long moment and they noticed that Cid and his redhead buddy left the room without a nod or glance at them.

“He looks better, I think.” Billy commented. “I hope he found help.”

“Me too.” Frank agreed. “Look…do you still want him? I mean, really? I told you how I felt and…”

Billy’s mouth gaped open and he saw Frank’s expression. A hurt one. He didn’t want to hurt anyone, never. His face blushed hot and he felt his stomach clench. “Oh shit, I’m so sorry. I…I cared about him a lot. Don’t be angry, please?” he reached for Frank’s hand and held it tight. “I don’t want him…not like that anymore. I swear.”

“Are you sure? You looked pretty into him.” Frank noted.

“I thought I loved him, Frank. How easy is it for you to move on from something like that?” Why were they arguing? He didn’t want to string Frank along the same way Cid had to him. “I just hope he’s really found someone who can help him. If you can’t handle that anymore…then leave me alone.”

He was shocked at how honest and how cruel his words seemed at the same time. He felt Frank’s grip on his hand loosen and he feared the worst; that Frank really would leave him alone. Forever. That’s not what he wanted!

“Listen, Billy. I’ve been handling it all school year so far. Ever since we met in class I knew you were into that guy. But he wasn’t into you and I’m sorry for that. We’ve been over this. I like you a lot, and I want us to be more than friends. If that doesn’t suit you or you can’t get over your infatuation with him, then maybe I will go.” He let go of his friend’s hand and started to get up when Billy jutted his hand out.

“No!” Billy cried out and he took Frank’s hand back into his. “Please…don’t go.” He blinked back tears and swallowed hard. What did he want? “I…I want to keep trying. I like you too, Frank. A lot. You’re awesome! Smart, handsome, you listen, care, and are a great friend to me.”

“Well thanks, but where does that leave us?” Frank sat down again. “You don’t wanna ruin our friendship so you want to stay here? That’s cool, but be honest with me, ok?”

“Let’s…try the next level? It’s Valentine’s Day, right? We could go on a date together.”

“Are you sure?” Frank pressed. “I’m all for it if you are.”

Billy nodded. “Yes. I wanna go out with you. I wanna forget about how hurt I was and about how Cid made me pine for him.” He swiped at his face and looked into Frank’s beautiful eyes. “I like you a lot, honest I do. I think we’d be great if you’re patient. I’ve never ever really had a boyfriend before; so I’m new at this crap and I suck at it.”

Frank laughed and kissed Billy’s hand. “Relax! Rule number one, just be yourself! I’ve had a boyfriend before and we were together for a little while; so I’ll teach you what I learned, ok? But you gotta relax and try to focus on us, ok? Not Cid. Not anyone else. Sound good?”

Did it? Billy considered the sage words and felt it was only fair to focus on one’s date and not obsess about the past. Hell, his parents had been telling him the same thing for the past two weeks.

“I’m sorry for earlier…” he started. “I’d love to go on a date with you, tonight? We can get takeout and hang in my room if it’s too crowded out there.”

A sweet smile was his answer and Frank caressed Billy’s hand. “That would be awesome. I’m all for more intimate dates anyway, not shared among the throngs. What time is good? I’ll bring dinner.”

“Ummm…Billy checked his phone. Is 6 ok?”

“Six is perfect. Now, how about I let go of your hand long enough for you to eat your lunch? We can join them again after.”

Billy smiled wide and felt his heartrate increase a little. “I’d love it.”

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Move the hell on boy! Hr got the sexy ginger Scott now. Go be with Franky boy, I like frank better but I love kellan! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Oh Billy! It’s time to put big boy pants on. Life isn’t always fair, but we soldier on. There’s a boy who cares right in front of you. Oy!

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Billy, Billy, Billy,   Don't take the chance of losing what you have for something you may never get.  Frank is right there, and it time to take chances, Make mistakes and maybe get messy!!!

Nice chapter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Emotions are such a minefield , especially to the uninitiated . Sometimes it’s best to go for what’s right in front of you , the sure thing ! I don’t think Billy will go wrong with Frank. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yes, this is how it should be. Billy and Frank; Cid and Kellen. Going well. Why do I think it can't last?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..