Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 24. Chapter 24

I pushed my lil sprained wrist to its limit today. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 23

Billy’s POV

Things were going well this school year and Billy was happy. He had his very loveable and sexy as all hell man, Frank by his side for every weekend and evenings when they could manage. They’d already met each other’s families and both sides gave their heartiest seals of approval to their relationship.

His grades were good, and he and Frank were out and open to all. They were hassled a little, but it wasn’t so bad in the grand scheme of things.

On this glorious spring day though, Billy caught sight of a lilac-haired man and a redhead walking towards him, together. He cocked a brow and all the old memories of his failed wanna-be relationship with Cid tumbled back into his brain. Yet, he wanted to give the man a chance. He looked different, not so grumpy.

“Billy?” Cid addressed him and their eyes met for the first time in months. “How are you?”

“I’m good. How are you?”

“I am much better, thank you.” He clapped a hand on the redhead’s shoulder. “This is Kellen MacPherson.”

Billy extended his arm and shook Kellen’s hand. “I’ve seen you around in a couple of my classes. How are you?”

“I’m good, thanks.”

So now that the intros were done, why the fuck was Cid talking to him?

“Let’s cut to it, ok? I wanna apologize to you.”

“You do?” duh, dumbass.

“Yes. I was a jackass to you and I know I hurt you badly. I’m really sorry about all of that.”

Billy started to smile, but the shadows of pain were still there. “It was kinda a sucky time for us both.”

Cid pursed his lips and bowed his head. “I’m here to make amends, ok? Maybe we can chill, be friends? The four of us maybe hang out sometime?”

What? Now this was a very different Cid. He was congenial, talkative, less moody, thoughtful, and dare he say much better than the old one. Before he could say much, Frank walked over and joined them.

“Hey hon, what’s going on?” he glanced at the two other men. “Cid, how’s it going?”

“Going much better, thanks. Oh, Kellen MacPherson meet Frank Vale.”

They shook hands. “Pleasure. So, what’s happening? You two having a good chat?” he put an arm around Billy’s shoulders.

“It’s ok, hon.” Billy leaned into Frank’s side. “Cid apologized for before and he wants us all to try and be friends.”

“Oh? Did things change?”

Cid nodded. “Yes. A lot has. I…” he brushed Kellen’s hand briefly. “This guy had helped me out a ton and I know why I acted like I did with you, Billy.”

He wanted to know just what he’d done to garner the treatment he’d received. It was clear Cid had found someone else; which gave him the tiniest pang of jealousy, but he got over it as soon as he looked at Frank.

“I’d like to know. Everything.”

Cid and Kellen looked at each other. “Can we meet for dinner? Tonight?” Cid asked. “I promise, I owe you a ton of explaining.”

Billy nodded. “Yeah, I’d like that. Franky?” he glanced up at his man.

“Sounds good. Looks like you’re on the mend. Kellen I’m glad you could help.”

“Happily.” He scooped up and kissed Cid’s hand and held onto it. “I’m looking forward to dinner.”

* * * *

The four chose a spot just off campus where they could sit comfortably and be private enough for the conversation topics that’d come up. Cid was actually nervous, but he knew that he had to clear the air between himself and Billy. They were seated quickly and Cid downed half his glass of water before they even started talking.

“Relax, you’re among friends here.” Kellen sounded so calm.

“I hope so.” Cid had lost some of his bravery from earlier, but he felt Kellen hold his hand tight under the table and he drew strength from his favorite redhead.

Billy looked pensive and stuck close to Frank. They were practically in each other’s laps and kept their hands together. He wanted to apologize over and over for how he’d acted. The guilt of it spurred his words on.

“Good evening, gents. My name’s Britney.” The waitress with impeccable timing interrupted his train of thought. “Any questions about the menu?”

Cid stifled the desire to roll his eyes. “I’m good, but can we have a few minutes to look?”

She smiled at him. “Of course. Just wave me over when you’re ready.” She turned and fluttered off. He was relieved.

Frank and Billy were in deep study of their menu, pointing out items they would like to try. Cid glanced at his but only briefly.

“Not hungry, hon?” Kellen asked quietly.

“I will be, but only after this air is cleared.” He admitted. It weighed on him like a stone and he only wanted the guilt gone and to fix things.

“Patience, I’m starved. Come on, let’s share an appetizer?” Kellen was so good for him. Loving, kind, gorgeous, sweet, smart…the list went on and on. He found his feelings deepening for the man every day.

“Ok, ok.” He glanced at the menu again. “Potato skins?”

“I’m good with those. A call to my celtic blood?” he teased and held Cid’s hand tighter.

“Anything to honor you is good.” He whispered and blew Kellen a very discreet kiss.

“How about you guys?” Kellen addressed their company.

Billy shrugged. “I like potato skins too, maybe mozzarella sticks too?” he looked up at Frank for confirmation.

“I’m good with that. I’ll wave her down if we’re set.”

“Oh, wait!” Billy interrupted. “How are we splitting the check?”

“I’ve got it covered.” Kellen spoke up. “Order what you like.”

Cid wished he had the money to do this; but Kellen knew his situation. “Thanks, Kell.”

“No worries. The folks make sure I’m taking care of myself and my friends.” He patted Cid’s shoulder. “Miss? Britney?”

She hurried over and took their order. Cid grew more impatient to just get on with things and talk.

“Billy…I’m gonna get down to it, ok?” he started.

“Yeah, ok.”

“Look, you’re a great kid, and yeah, a kid. I’m older than you and have been through hell and back.”

“But…” Billy interrupted.

“No, listen. We’re talking about horrible stuff here. Drugs, attempted murder, suicide.”

“Jesus. Are you serious?” Billy’s mouth gaped open.

“Deadly.” Cid wished he wasn’t, but it was true.

“Did I push too hard?” Billy asked. “I know I did, didn’t I?” he sounded so young and naïve. Maybe it’s because he was.

“Yeah, you did.” Cid was honest. “Believe me, having a boyfriend was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to ditch school and go back home; but I couldn’t. I’d hurt you and that’s not what I wanted to do.” He offered a hand to Billy, which he accepted. “Can you understand any of this?”

Billy nodded. “I guess so. I’m sorry too for what I did. I was so needy…”

“Aww kid. That’s the key. I’m a hot mess right now and couldn’t handle it at all. Only Kellen could. Frank, you seem very calm and cool, you’re good for him.”

“I think so too.” Frank agreed.

“Billy, do you remember that big redhead that hassled me in the cafeteria? The one you kept insisting I report?”

“Yes…oh shit! Did something happen? I knew it! What did he do?”

Cid felt Kellen’s arm go around him. “He tried to rape me, Billy.”

“What?” Billy and Frank both gaped at him.

“Yeah.” He tried to retract his hand but Billy held on tight.

“Holy crap! Cid, I’m so sorry! How did…when?” he was paler than before.

“About a month ago.” Was all he could spit out. The attack still left him queasy. “Of all days. Kellen had been my protector and shooed him off when he showed up. I just had awful timing. Kellen was super sick and I went to the cafeteria alone where he found me in the halls.” He paused and sipped his water. “He took me to a janitor closet and…”

Frank held up his hand. “Stop…no need to go into gory detail. It was horrible whatever he did.”

Cid was so grateful for Frank right then. “Very much.”

“Omigod.” Billy whispered as he blinked tears away. “I’m so sorry. I should’ve been there too…I was so hurt by you pushing me away that I avoided you. I forgot about that guy and what he was trying to do…” he swiped at his tears. “It’s more my fault that you were attacked. I let all of this get to me, I should’ve insisted we stay friends…”

Aww, the poor kid was rambling on and on. Cid saw his tears and for once, it tugged at his heart and his own tears formed. “Shhh, Billy. It wasn’t your fault, or Kellen’s or hell, even mine! It was that guy. Hate him, blame him. We all have free will and he chose to use his to assault me.”

“But…but I should’ve been your friend and watching out for you…” Billy blubbed.

“Then we fix that now.” Cid offered. “You’re a good kid and I like you. I’ve always liked you, but we would’ve made a terrible couple. I’m a headcase from hell and you’re a sweet, innocent guy that deserves the best.”

Frank spoke up. “He’s in good hands.”

“I know he is, and you’re a stand-up guy. We’ve talked, we’re good, Frank.”

Billy calmed and he finally let go of Cid’s hand. “So…you and Kellen are together?”

“Yes, as of last week. Officially anyway.” Kellen informed them.

“What…ok. You two have similar pasts?” Billy asked.

“Bigtime.” Kellen answered. “A couple of years ago I was raped by a guy on a date. Took me one hell of a time to trust anyone again. With counseling and patience, I tried. I knew Cid was hurt on the inside and I just listened. Nothing else I was there. Listening and protecting.”

“While all I did was demand and need.” Billy groaned. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s cool, Billy. We’re good. I’m open to being your friend, and Frank’s. All four of us, maybe hang out?”

Billy and Frank exchanged a look. “I’m good with that. No hard feelings?”

“None at all.” Cid answered with a genuine smile.

“We know a pretty sweet campsite, I make a pretty mean omelet.”

“You used it?” Billy asked. “I’m surprised…it was from me.”

Cid cocked his head. “I know it was, and I wanted to keep it, as a sign of our friendship. Kellen is the only one who can cook. We went on a trip shortly after my attack. I was in a really dark place then…really dark.”

“Suicidal?” Frank asked.

“I was ready.” Cid admitted.

“Luckily, nothing happened.” Kellen interjected. “We were in separate tents but I stayed up all night. I’ve tried it myself before and I knew you were there.”

Cid squeezed Kellen’s knee under the table. “I know, and I wouldn’t be here today if you hadn’t.”

Billy shook his head. “Damn! I had no idea!” he drank his water. “Ok, I admit, maybe we would’ve been a little bit over my head.”

The four men all laughed.

“It all worked out.” Frank commented. “We’ve been together for a while and now these two have a new beginning.”

“Exactly.”

Something smelled amazing and caught their attention. The appetizers had arrived! It took a moment to get all of the dishes set down and the side plates, along with water refills.

“What else can I get you gentlemen?”

“Beer?” Cid asked to all of them. “We’re celebrating.”

Her eyes lit up. “Oooh! Well congratulations! What’re you toasting?”

Cid eyed Billy and smiled again. “Friendship.”

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

25 minutes ago, tinytoes said:

Now what's going on with our would be rapist?  

Hopefully experiencing 24 thousand volts of Justice through his gonads.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

That was a great chapter.  So glad Billy and Cid are both in a good place with the people they need.  Billy seemed so happy that Cid used the cooking gear on the camp out. 🍺 a toast to friendship.  A group camping trip sounds like fun!!!   Thanks for the great chapter 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, glennish said:

That was a great chapter.  So glad Billy and Cid are both in a good place with the people they need.  Billy seemed so happy that Cid used the cooking gear on the camp out. 🍺 a toast to friendship.  A group camping trip sounds like fun!!!   Thanks for the great chapter 

You're very welcome and thank you for reading :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Franks not a modest one , is he ? Just perfect for Billy . A strong friendship could grow between the two couples. They compliment each other beautifully. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another good chapter. It was great to see Cid and Billy put aside their past and agree to be friends.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You told fibs. You said there were only twenty four. Glad there's another one for rounding off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Nephylim said:

You told fibs. You said there were only twenty four. Glad there's another one for rounding off.

I think my chapter count got off somewhere. Need a good edit

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..