Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 5. Chapter 5

I need a more menacing name than "Kurt" LOL

CHAPTER FIVE

 

A few days had passed and Cid was actually starting to feel a little better about college. At least, he thought so. His artwork was going well, and had taken a definite turn as far as style. He painted a campground complete with pine trees, tent, and a roaring fire. Dammit if the kid wasn’t starting to get under his skin.

Billy was a little naïve yet but he couldn’t fault him for having patience and being downright cute. Cid wasn’t the right one for him, he knew that; but damn if Billy would believe it. But for now, what the hell? He was adorable and seemed very anxious to earn his friendship and maybe more. He wasn’t opposed to sex, it was the commitment part he had a serious issue with.

Cid wasn’t sure if he could handle that again.

As his thoughts overrode the boring lecture on supply and demand, Cid began to sketch in his notebook again and hummed to himself.

“Dude, really?”

He barely had to look up to notice the irritated redhead beside him. It was the snarky schoolmate from before; guess he decided to chance sitting beside him again.

“Seriously? You came back to sit next to a jackass like me?” Cid poked at him.

The redhead huffed. “I came late, I didn’t have a choice.”

“Kellen!” the professor called him by name. Cid stifled a grin. “You have something to share with the class? Since you were fifteen minutes late.”

“No sir.” Kellen replied, his face bright red. “Overslept.”

The professor tapped his yardstick on the table. “Be certain you get your rest, young man.”

“I will.”

Cid smirked. How embarrassing to be called out like that! He turned to his classmate again. “Nice going, Kellen.”

“Fuck off, freakboy.” He shot back.

“Cid. Just Cid.” One guy knew his last name, that was enough. “Eyes front, Kellen.”

They both sat up and turned back to taking notes again.

Freakboy was not a nickname he liked; he’d have to set this kid straight.

Before he could come up with a great line himself, Cid found himself in the lunchroom again.

Ahhh what fried crap do they have today?

There was a nauseating choice of their version of pizza, plus mounds of fries, toasted ravioli, and something that vaguely resembled a calzone.

Shit, he was gonna get real thin real fast avoiding this crap. He needed money, but had no time to earn it. He decided on a grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries. It seemed the least of all the evils offered.

After he was finished, he felt nervous. Call it a hunch, but he pushed it out of his mind and sat by himself in the back corner.

Just a few bites in, he glanced over at his backpack and thought of how to embellish one of his sketches; when his attention was turned back suddenly as two pale hands grabbed the chair in front of him. Cid looked up with a smile that faded very quickly.

“What the fuck!” Cid retorted at the asinine strawberry blond who was back. His new wanna be best friend he guessed. This wasn’t the way to earn his friendship.

“You sure can run fast for an old guy.” The boy replied, licking his lips. “I like fast.”

That was obvious.

“I don’t. I like slow. No wait…except for now. You can leave as fast as you like.”

“Aww come on, you don’t like the chase? You’re a tease, freaky locks. You like boys chasing after you; so that’s what I did.”

“Get. Out.” Cid made as clear as he could without picking up the boy himself and booting him out the door.

“Nope. I ain’t leaving yet.”

Obstinate, wasn’t he? Jackass. Cid narrowed his eyes at him and tried to figure out how to get this guy away from him.

“Don’t you have a class or homework due?”

“Nope. All caught up. I’m a genius. Smart and fast.”

Well yippee for you.

“With all that going for you, why don’t you go try to score someone who’s interested?”

“Nah, I like you. You’re tough to win. I love a challenge.” He stuck out his hand. “Kurt’s the name. Yours?”

Cid rolled his eyes and tried to eat faster. “My name is leave me the fuck alone.”

Kurt laughed. “A funny guy huh? I love humor too.”

“You just love all kinds, don’t you? How about someone in your own league? Or generation.” Cid grumbled.

“I like you, lilac hair, whatever your name is. You’ll tell me, in time.”

The only time I like is him serving ten to life.

“Back. Off.” Cid packed up his stuff and took off down the hall as quickly as he could. He checked behind him to see if Kurt followed. Luckily, he didn’t. Not today. This was getting annoying.

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

What a sleaze! Ugh Kurt is plenty creepy enough for a name!

lol thanks! I was going to change it because two K names...but as long as they are discernible I'll keep it.

Link to comment

That set off alarm bells. I would have made a very LOUD scene. All those witnesses present. Then hide from embarrassment later.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another reference to........ Something in Cid's past.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Now he has a stalker he has no interest in and a friend he who he doesn't think he is right for.  I see some interesting things on the horizon.  Thanks for the chapter and looking forward to more!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think it is a funny story so far. I think Kurt knows what he wants and is determined in how he goes about getting it! he is very direct and open about it so there can't be complaints there. Now as to whether he is a little bit of both psychopath and Machiavellian in his psyche, that is an entirely another question and issue. For my money, I don't think so . I think he is just genuinely determined to really like  this artist!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Billy and Kurt , such different approaches , I much prefer Billy’s ! Cid can’t keep running ! I agree with @BlindAmbition a really loud and public scene may be called for . Then again does Cid want that sort of attention? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh dear. My worst nightmare. I hope Cid manages to shake Kurt pdq, but knowing you probably not :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Nephylim said:

Oh dear. My worst nightmare. I hope Cid manages to shake Kurt pdq, but knowing you probably not :)

lol you know me too well

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..