Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 8. Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

Billy’s POV

The last two weeks since his chat with Cid had been going great. They met for lunch at least twice a week, and for coffee another two days. That was four times a week and yet….ahhh well. Billy just had to hold his breath and hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, by Christmastime, he could land a huge kiss on Cid’s all-too-tempting lips.

He had to cool his sexual thoughts of his artsy pursuit; it was finals time just before holiday break. All the rest of his senses and focus were on schoolwork, and not the bedroom. He was still a virgin, but he wanted Cid to be his first. Now…to make that miracle happen.

A text popped up on his phone during class and he glanced at it quickly.

You ditching me again today?

It was Frank.

Billy sighed. He didn’t like the thought that he was ‘ditching’ anyone; but rather investing due time with Cid in the hopes of turning the corner and winning the man’s heart and affections.

He tapped a message back.

No guilt. Geeez. I see you for lunch once a week.

Wasn’t once a week enough with a friend? Or was there something else happening there? Who knew.

I hope he’s all worth it.

Wow, nice reply. Billy scowled and rolled his eyes. It was no secret that Frank didn’t like Cid, but how could that be? They’d never even met! Maybe…it was time to change that. An idea popped into his head.

Come to lunch with me today and meet him.

He glanced up at the professor and got a slight glare of disapproval, but what could he do? He was being discreet and taking notes too. There was a long enough pause anyway to catch up on his bullet points on the document he’d started.

After what seemed like the longest three minutes ever, he got a reply.

Fine. See you two lovebirds there.

Yikes! Oh well, at least he said yes. Now to get his head back on the class before he started daydreaming again. Finals were two days away and if things started to go wrong with either man his head would not be in his studies and he’d be forever lectured by his parents and maybe go on academic suspension. He couldn’t let that happen.

Lunchtime came quicker than expected and Billy hurried to the cafeteria. He texted Cid along the way that Frank was joining them. There was no reply.

A familiar face greeted him with a bright smile. “Hey!” It was Frank.

“Hey. Cold out today, huh?” he rubbed his arms, regretting instantly that he’d not brought his jacket.

“Too cold to not be wearing a coat, dumbass.” Frank chided. “You need some hot food.”

He couldn’t argue with that as they started their way down the line. His senses were temporarily occupied with the sights and smells of the food offerings. Everything looked good today!

After mulling it over, he went with the lasagna. He knew he’d pay for it with a nap, but he needed one. Then the real studying could begin. Maybe he and Cid could crack the books open and have an all-nighter. He grinned to himself and thought of how else he wanted to be in Cid’s room all night long.

“Earth to Billy…” Frank teased. “Come on. Your friend isn’t here yet.”

What? Billy’s eyes widened and his head swiveled to scan the room for any sign of Cid. Dammit. Where was he?

They finished paying and getting drinks and scoped out a table. Billy insisted on one where they could be seen.

“He needs to find me. This…this isn’t right. Something’s wrong.” He fretted.

“Chillax, dude!” Frank groaned. “He’s just running late. Text him again.”

The words didn’t do much to quell his nerves at the moment. All of the worst-case-scenario scenes began in his head and he found his lunch unappetizing until he knew Cid was safe. He texted Cid again, having to delete half of it because his fingers shook.

‘Are you ok? Please respond.’

It was agonizing to wait for a reply at all. Billy’s eyes didn’t leave his phone, as if by magic Cid would pop through the screen. He picked up a wad of napkins and twisted them into odd shapes, and tore them in half. His feet shifted back and forth under the table, and he felt his stomach twinge, and his fingers felt cold he gripped the napkins so hard.

Please, please be ok, Cid!

He shut his eyes and chanted a silent prayer that his friend was alright and would show up at any second.

Finally, his phone beeped. Billy let out the breath that he’d been holding and looked at the message.

‘Eating in my room today. L8TR.’

Billy’s mouth fell open and he felt sick. He’d not given ample warning to Cid that Frank would be there or even asked. He’d been a jerk!

“All my fault… I didn’t even ask him if he wanted to join or if it was ok…” his emotions bounced around like a trampoline and tears pricked at his eyes.

Frank read the message then caught Billy’s trembling hand. “Relax! Holy crap you look like you’re gonna puke. What the fuck? You need to ask his permission to have lunch or meet me? That’s ridiculous! You’re kowtowing to this asswipe and giving him everything he doesn’t deserve.”

“But…but I like him. He’s everything I ever dreamed of!” he sounded like a twelve-year-old girl right about now, but he didn’t care. His heart was involved.

“Do you hear yourself, Billy? At all? You were valedictorian of your school, captain of the debate team, and you’re letting this freakass goon shove your emotions around like this? You’re way too good for him!”

The words…at least a few of them, got through Billy’s labored mind. It was more than obvious how Frank felt about Cid, but he knew somewhere, deep, deep down, that Cid could like him back…even just ten percent would do.

“He said he likes me too.” He whispered and took a sip of his water and felt cool tears on his cheeks. He couldn’t meet Frank’s eyes.

“I’m sure he does. Right where he likes to pin you down and keep you waiting for something that’ll never happen.” He grumbled.

Billy wanted to say Frank was wrong, to defend his hot artist, but right now he couldn’t. He had been falling in love bit by bit and he held out every hope for Christmastime or even spring. But was Frank right? Was this all just a pipe dream? Cid wouldn’t do that, would he? No…he’d been hurt, he was shy, he didn’t like other people around too much. That was it. Or was it?

“I gotta go.” He tossed down the napkins, swiped at his face, packed up his lunch and backpack and fled the room. His heart and head were at war with the stomach threatening to revolt as well.

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 3
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I feel bad for everyone in this story.  Cid and Billy are being honest with each other, Cid is not leading Billy on, He has been upfront and told Billy in no uncertain terms that he is not right for him, But Billy persists.  Frank is the only character that seems to be lying.  Maybe if he would just admit his feelings to Billy instead of being snide with his comments about Cid???  I hope Cid can overcome his past and learn to love again.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, glennish said:

I feel bad for everyone in this story.  Cid and Billy are being honest with each other, Cid is not leading Billy on, He has been upfront and told Billy in no uncertain terms that he is not right for him, But Billy persists.  Frank is the only character that seems to be lying.  Maybe if he would just admit his feelings to Billy instead of being snide with his comments about Cid???  I hope Cid can overcome his past and learn to love again.

Frank isn't lying...he's withholding. He's trying to get Billy to see the truth the Cid is pounding into his head, that they aren't right for each other.  I agree though, he should come clean, asap!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I’m from a different mind on Frank. I’m Jersey through and through. We’re brutally honest. That’s how I see Frank. He isn’t sugarcoating. He is showing Billy that this friendship with Cid is not equal. Cid has to give a little. Billy has to cool the eager beaver act and chill.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

I’m from a different mind on Frank. I’m Jersey through and through. We’re brutally honest. That’s how I see Frank. He isn’t sugarcoating. He is showing Billy that this friendship with Cid is not equal. Cid has to give a little. Billy has to cool the eager beaver act and chill.

Frank definitely doesn't sugarcoat. He sees what's really happening. He's gotta spill the beans soon too. LOL  Billy is as green as they get and is in wayyy over his head.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Both Cid and Frank are only being honest in installments  , Cid needs to tell Billy why he really is not interested and Frank needs to tell Billy he is. Right now Zbillys inthe pound seats for a lot of pain. 

Edited by deville
  • Like 2
Link to comment

God, what's with all the crying? I like Frank a lot. He's honest and forthright. Okay, maybe he's a bit insensitive, but Billy needs it. Bottom line - Billy is being a total sap. What on earth was all that girly panic about? Definitely 12 year old girl with a crush. Take a chill pill Bill. Billy needs to decide if he can really handle what Cyd is asking for. Cyd asked for Spring and Billy has set his sights on Christmas. Not on the same page. Sounds like Cyd is trying but Billy is being way too clingy and spongy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..